Genealogy of William Anderson and Mary Haggerty
Ancestors of Howard B. Anderson
William and Mary Anderson came to the United States between 1825 and 1830, and lived on their son John's farm near Taylorsville, Pa, then moved to the farm of their son, William, near Stewartsville, later called Parkwood.
William Anderson was born in 1750 in County Derry in Ireland, the parish of Aghadowey in a townland named Meave Manougher. He died in 1839 and was buried in Bealsville, Ohio, where he was living with his daughter, Margaret Anderson Patterson. Married Mary Haggerty, born in 1750 in Meave Manougher, Ireland, Died at Parkwood, PA in 1836 and buried in the West Union Cemetery, Parkwood, PA.
1. Mary Anderson, B. 1786 in Derry Co., Ireland and married James Young
2. John Anderson, B. 1788 in Derry Co., Ireland and married Margaret Thompson in 1848.
3. William Anderson, B. 1790 in Derry Co., Ireland and married Elizabeth Logan in 1814.
4. Margaret Anderson, B. 1792 in Derry Co., Ireland and married Daniel Patterson.
William Anderson was born in 1790 in County Derry, Ireland, and immigrated to the Ohio in the United States with his wife, Elizabeth Logan, and later settled in Parkwood, PA. He died on April 8, 1879 and is buried in the West Union Cemetery, Parkwood, PA. Elizabeth was born on 6/22/1871, died on June 22, 181798 and is buried in West Union Cemetery in Parkwood, PA
1. John Logan Anderson - B. August 23, 1816 in West Chester, Pa. D. August 9, 1894 at Parkwood and buried in West Union Cemetery..JOHN LOGAN ANDERSON
2. James Anderson - B. March 17, 1818 at Parkwood, PA - D. May 1899 - Married Margaret Dean;
3. Mary Anderson - B. November 10, 1819 at Parkwood, PA - Died May 1899 - Married Augustus Reed
4. William Anderson - B. November 14, 1821 at Parkwood, PA - D. February 2, 1889 - Married Catherine Roy
5. Elizabeth Anderson - B. September 24, 1823 at Parkwood, PA - Died September 21, 1883 - Married William Oliver
6. Samuel Anderson - B. July 4, 1825 at Parkwood, PA - Died March 18, 1888 - Married Sarah Dodds
7. Daniel Anderson - B. March 31, 1827 at Parkwood, PA - Died April 14, 1913 - Married Mary McCollom
8. Margaret Anderson - B. May 1, 1829 at Parkwood, PA - Died March 22, 1915 - Married Thomas Caldwell
9. Thomas Anderson - B. March 24, 1831 at Parkwood, PA - Died May 19, 1865 -Married Nancy Smith
10. Nancy Anderson - B. October 1832 at Parkwood, PA - Died June 12, 1902 - Married James Ray
11. Robert Anderson - B. March 17, 1834 at Parkwood, PA - Died as infant.
12. Robert Anderson - B. August 20, 1836 at Parkwood, PA - Died in West.
13. Thompson McCrae Anderson - B. October 18, 1838 at Parkwood, PA - Died as infant.
14. Martha Anderson - B. August 26, 1842 at Parkwood, PA - Died in 1933.
John Logan Anderson was born 8/23/1816 in West Chester, Pa and Died 8/9/1894, buried in West Union Cemetery, Parkwood, Pa. Married Eliza Caldwell, B. 2/3/1820 - Died 7/19/1907
Parents gave them 40 acres in Armstrong Township as a wedding present.
1. William C. Anderson - B. 6/12/1844, Parkwood, PA - Died 11/23/1864, killed in the Civil War at age 20 years, but marker in West Union CemeterySAMUEL THOMPSON ANDERSON
2. John E. Anderson - B. 3/1/1846, Parkwood, PA - Died 10/11/1922 - Married Mary Jane Wiggins
3. Martha Anderson - B. 1/24/1848, Parkwood, PA - Died 5/1/1892
4. James Anderson - B. 3/24/1850, Parkwood, PA - Died 10/19/1919 - Married Mary Caroline Templeton
5. Elizabeth Anderson - B. 3/26/1853, Parkwood, PA - Died 11/23/1927
6. Robert L. Anderson - B. 2/1/1855 at Parkwood, PA - Died 5/8/1858
7. Thomas Anderson - B. 10/3/1858 at Parkwood, PA - Died 7/4/1929
- Thomas lost an arm in James' sawmill. Was a great farmer and conservationist.
8. Samuel Thompson Anderson - B. 1/5/1861 at Parkwood, PA - Died 3/6/1920 - Married Jennie Catherin Brown
9. Daniel Nelson Anderson - B. 4/29/1863 at Parkwood, Pa - Died 8/5/1889
10. Mary Agnes Anderson - B. 10/29/1866 at Parkwood, PA - Died 8/25/1939
Samuel Thompson was born January 5, 1861 at Parkwood, PA, the son of John Logan Anderson and Jennie Catherine Brown who was born at Cookport, Pa, Indiana County on March 12, 1868. They were married September 23, 1888. Samuel died March 6, 1920 and is buried in the South Bend Cemetery. HIs wife Jennie died October 22, 1932 in Indiana Hospital and is also buried in the South Bend Cemetery.
1. David Nelson Anderson - B. 7/23/1889 South Bend Twp - Died 2/16/1941 - Married Annabelle KlingensmithCARL ELWOOD ANDERSON Carl Anderson was born on June 1, 1891 in South Bend Township, Armstrong Co., PA.
2. Carl Elwood Anderson - B. 6/1/1891 South Bend Twp - Died 9/27/1971 - Married Ida Belle Swank
3. Norma Charlotte Anderson - 5/21/1893 South Bend Twp - Died 10/28/1993 - Married Victor Stephenson
4. Eliza Faye Anderson - 18/15/1894 South Bend Twp - Died 4/17/1985 - Married Charles George
5. Caroline Marie Anderson - 7/8/1896 South Bend Twp - 2/5/1945 - Married Alfred Lockard
6. Infant Daughter Anderson - B. 3/29/1898 South Bend Twp - Died at birth
7. Dalis Vane Anderson - 9/23/1899 South Bend Twp - Died 10/9/1952 - Married Bessie Heilman
8. Neil Brown Anderson - 8/14/1902 South Bend Twp - Died10/15/1955 - Married Aldo Walker
9. Madge Genevieve Anderson - 6/8/1905 South Bend Twp - Died 8/14/1963 - Married Harvey Klingensmith
10. Lee Donaldson Anderson - 5/10/1908 South Bend Twp - Died 7/29/1971 - Married Carrie HIckson
In 1932, Carl and Ida (Swank) Anderson moved to the farm from Vandergrift, PA. Carl went to Vandergrift in 1913 and worked in the U.S. Steel Plant there as an electrician for 44 years. He served as a Justice of the Peace in South Bend Township for thirty years. Carl died in 1971 at age 80, and is buried in the South Bend Cemetery. His wife Ida Belle Swank was born December 21, 1894 at Cochran Mills, PA in Armstrong County, and died June 15, 1981. Both she and Carl are buried in the South Bend Cemetery.
1. Lyle Eugene Anderson - B. 9/24/1920 at Vandergrift, PA - Married Mary Luceal Flickinger
2. Howard Anderson - B. 1/15/1922 at Vandergift, PA - Married Marjorie Weimer (Divorced)
- Served in the United States Navy during World War II
3. Dorothy Anderson - B. 11/9/1923 at Vandergrift, PA - Married James Porter
4. Seward Anderson - B. 10/21/1925 at Vandergrift, PA - Died 2/26/1969 - Married Marjorie Weimer
- Served in the United States Navy during World War II
5. Clarence Anderson - B. 7/30/1927 at Vandergrift, PA - Died12/20/1964
6. Ernest Anderson - B. 8/12/1929 at Vandergrift, PA - Married Marjorie Kough
7. Robert Leland Anderson - B. 7/20/d1931 at Vandergrift, PA - Married Mary Ann Doland
8. William Merle Anderson - B. 8/13/1933 at South Bend Township - Died 6/21/1986 - Married Helen Shulick
9. Lois Jane Anderson - B. 3/18/1936 at. South Bend Township. Married Harold Farster.