SURNAMES: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- BENTON posted by Helen Pratti on Tuesday, September 1, 1998
- BENTON: Jesse & Phoebe, lived in Raymond along with their 12 children: Sophronia, Alison, Amelia, Laura, Edwin, Theron, Robert, James, Lucinda, Phoebe, George and Samuel. Would like to hear from any one who might have some information. I did note the inquiry from a Henry Cundy 12/30/97 but have been unable to reach him. Perhaps someone has some information on the BENTON family. Perhaps there are relatives still living in Potter... If there is, please contact me.
- BARTON, PEASLY, PESELY posted by Paul Barton on Sunday, September 6, 1998
- PEASLY (PESELY), Lydia Ann b 21 April 1854 in Coudersport, Potter, PA married 21 July 1867 at Grand Rapids MI to Silas BARTON, Jr. Who were Lydia's parents? Silas' brother George Washington BARTON said to have been born in PA 26 January 1832. Is there any record of this family in Potter County? Thank you.
- FOXHILL posted by Kathy Foxhill Robbins on Wednesday, September 9, 1998
- FOXHILL Looking for any information on Foxhill Mountain. Per family sources there is a family cemetery there with 120 family members buried in it. I can't locate this on any maps or sources. Thanks.
- SAXBURY posted by Shirley Cleveland on Thursday, September 10, 1998
- SAXBURY Family--anyone with info on the Saxbury line from around the Tioga,PA,Chemung and etc. would be appreciated. Only names we have are Dewey,Eugene and Glenn. Thank you, Shirley J Cleveland
- CADY, WALKER posted by Shirley Cleveland on Thursday, September 10, 1998
- WALKER - CADY looking for info on Margarite Walker Cady,Born early 1900's,may have been from Avoca,NY, married Mark Cady-D1930 age 33 at death.She never was heard from again after Mark's death to his family.Her and her husband lived in Thurston,NY during their marriage.Need help. Thank-you
- BENTON, PRESHO posted by Helen Pratti on Wednesday, September 16, 1998
- PRESHO, Sophronia appears in the Potter Co. 1870 census along with several members of the BENTON family. I'm looking to contact anyone who may be reaching either the PRESHO or BENTON family line.
- KEARNEY posted by Dave Kearney on Friday, September 18, 1998
- Hello Potter Co. Researchers, I am stumped as to the meaning of the initials refering to an orginization that my great grandfather belonged to in Bradford,PA. in the early part if the 20th century. John KEARNEY was born in Hastings,Ontario, Canada in 1857 to Irish immigrant parents. He died in Bradford in 1911 and his obit stated that he was a member of Bradford Tent, No.4- "K.O.T.M." Would anyone have a clue as to what K.O.T.M. stands for?
- COATES posted by Gary L. Willis on Saturday, September 19, 1998
- COATES, Charles and Elvira of Ellisburg in 1850 - 1860. Had three known children; Harriet Adelin, Catherine and Francis E. My ggrandmother was Harriet A. Coates who married a Perry Donley in Bradford County. She mysteriously showed up on the 1870 Bradford County census working as a domestic. Could my Harriet and Harriet Adelin be one and the same. Any COATES information would be greatly appreciated.
- HURD, PALMER posted by Chrisopher Nicoll on Thursday, September 24, 1998
- Hi all: This is an update on a previous query. If someone wants to remove the previous one it is outdated. Well, Hiram PALMER is a glass manufacturer of Kane. Apparently he started the first Glass Factory in 1901 in shinglehouse POTTER CO. and one is Ceres MKEAN CO. "The Palmer Window Glass Plant was the largest industry ever to operate in Shinglehouse. " His parents names were Alvin Palmer and Harriett HURD I do not know anything else about the parents. Hiram was born Feb.16 1832- died Sept. 26, 1922 Son Walter was a professor at the local middle school 1861-1933. We believe he married his assistant Jennie; 1872-1941 Son Amos was in the same business as dad and died in Ceres. Amos married a woman named Erma. Nothing else is known about Erma except she was 64 at Amos' death in 2-4, 1944. Hirams wife name was Philenia Lydia Palmetier of Hartsville: STUEBEN CO. parents were Fitch and Maria Palmetier. These two last names were hard to read on the death certificate. Any information on any of the above would be appreciated thank you for your help. Chris and Mary
- MOORE, SMITH posted by Hazel Webster on Friday, September 25, 1998
- Polly A. SMITH, ae 32, probable widow of David SMITH , head of house, living Potter Co., PA 1850 census. Who was Wm. MOORE ae 28, farmer, in same house? Polly's maiden name?
- SMITH posted by Floyd W. Smith on Saturday, September 26, 1998
- SMITH, Floyd Wesley born Oct. 15, 1860 Honeyoe, Pa. married Emma Miller, lived in Austin around 1900 or later. They had 3 sons William (my father) Jack and Leonard. My father said that the surname had been changed from Schmidt probably when the family had emigrated from Germany. I went to austin once with my father to attended his brothers 50th wedding anniversity, in 1956. thanks for any info I am just starting my search.
Return to the Potter County Genealogy Project
(c) Potter County Genealogy Project