SURNAMES: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- GOLDSMITH posted by Dennis Lynch on Monday, January 13, 1997
- Mrs. E. GOLDSMITH, maiden name Jameson, from Honeyoe, Pa. alive in 1895. She was born in Tompkins Co. NY. Appreciate any info on this family.
- EASTON posted by Patricia Easton on Saturday, January 25, 1997
- Theophilus EASTON b July 4, 1794 Providence, RI, died June 12, 1890 Bingham, Potter, PA (m Amy Wallace) resides RI prior to 1821; 1821 Killingly, Windham, CT; 1822-1838 Nelson Twp, Madison, NY; bef 1840 - mid 1860's Genesee, Potter, PA; mid 1860's - 1890 Bingham, Potter, PA. Line is virtually complete through Theophilus. Need proof of parentage. Notations of descent from Peleg have proven false. Believe descent from Obadiah and another Theophilus of 1790's Foster, Providence, RI.
- BAKER, MARVIN posted by David W. Baker on Tuesday, January 28, 1997
- Looking for Peter BAKER, B: 1806,Place unknown. Married Catherine MARVIN, abt 1825. The Marvin family migrated through Pa. The Baker family may have traveled with them Catherines father was Seth Marvin. They moved west from Orange Co. NY, through Wyoming Co.Pa to Allegany Co. New York. Appreciate any information. Thanks.
- SEADORE posted by Terry Barrans on Sunday, February 2, 1997
- William SEADORE lived in Harrison Valley after the Civil War until 1871. He was born in New York and enlisted from that state. In 1869, he filed an application to increase his invalid pension in Steuben County, New York. He was living in Harrison Valley, Potter county in Pennsylvania. He declared as follows: That on or about the 15th day of July 1864 while a prisoner of war at Andersonville in state of Georgia, he was taken sick with the scurvy and has had it ever since. That by reason of this he is most of the time totally unable to work and has to stay in the house. In 1871 he moved to Michigan where he died in 1877 Appearing with him was Edward B Flewellin of Bath, New York
- ELLIS posted by Joel Ellis on Thursday, February 6, 1997
- Richard ELLIS founded Ellisburg, Potter Co, Pa in Approx. 1815. He was married to Chloe Chillson (b. 1767 d. 1819). He owned a mill in Ellisburg and a Deacon at the Baptist Church.
- JONES, KNIGHT, OLMSTED, ROSS posted by Graham Ross on Sunday, February 16, 1997
- ROSS. My GGGrandfather was Sobieski ROSS of Coudersport, Pa. He was US Congressman of the 43rd and 44th Congresses. I am seeking any information about him, his Mother Mary Ann KNIGHT ROSS, His Father David Ross of New Hampshire, his sons John Sobieski Ross and George Fox Ross, his daughter Mary Ross, his sister Mary Ross who married Capt.Archibald F. JONES, his sister Ellen Ross who married A.G. OLMSTED. Also any information on related families of William Brown of Mansfield and W.J.Colegrove of Smethport.
- CARL, CLEMENTS posted by Charles R Carl on Wednesday, February 19, 1997
- Seeking information Earl CLEMENTS b Oct 1898, Blankenship, Martin Co IN. F Wm CLEMENTS, M Lucinda CARL. Earl lived in MT in 1948. SSDIndex lists Earl CLEMENTS as applying for SS# in MT, date of death as Nov 1973 and last residence as '16922'. That zip code listed as Galeton, Abbott, Carter Camp, West Branch and West Pike. I would appreciate it if someone could locate the obiturary this Earl Clements and send it to me. Snail Mail 5866 Fairdale Dr., Fairfield, OH 45014. I will reimburse any expense. Thanks
- ALLEN, SEELEY posted by Eva on Wednesday, February 19, 1997
- Looking for any information about Charley and Bertha (ALLEN) SEELEY. They were residents of Coudersport. Any help with looking for their parents would be appreciated.
- SHERWOOD posted by Jeanne Peterson on Tuesday, February 25, 1997
- SHERWOOD, Andrew (b.29 Jan 1812 in NY; d. 11 Aug 1888 in Port Allegheny, McKean Co.). I am not sure what the connection is with Potter County, but have been told there is a book in the Potter County Genealogical Society about Andrew Sherwood, my g.g.grandfather. This Andrew's grandfather, born near Sherwood Forest, Nottingham, England, is also named Andrew Sherwood. I am interested in knowing if there really is a book existing about Andrew Sherwood. Would it be worth my while to travel to Potter County to see this book? Is it possible to make copies of it? If so May I please know the cost? Thank you for your assistance. Jeanne Peterson
- GRANDY, SMITH posted by Fern Emma Pruiksma on Thursday, February 27, 1997
- Royal GRANDY (b abt. 1812 in New York State) is listed on the 1850 and 1860 Federal Census' as living in Oswego Township, Potter Co. He was married to Julia A. SMITH (b 1817). They had four children: JOHN (b 1837 in NY); JANE (b 1844 in NY); JAMES (b 1851); MARIAH JESSIE (b 1856, d 1902 in Emmet Co. MI) Am interested in more info on Mariah's siblings, on Royal's siblings and his ancestry. An old letter states that Royal's father had come from Wales, and that Royal had a number of brothers and sisters, but no names. Also the time and place of Royal and Julia's deaths. Thanks.
- HAVENS posted by Charles E. Snyder on Thursday, February 27, 1997
- Looking for parentage of Mary Aseneth HAVENS. Born November 17, 1876 in Galeton, PA. Married William Snyder and moved to Penn Yan, N.Y. where she died in 1957. Any info concerning her parents or any siblings would be greatly appreciated.
Return to the Potter County Genealogy Project
(c) Potter County Genealogy Project