- HAMILTON, MCRUISHON posted by Mary Ferm on Thursday, February 3, 2000
- My ancestor, Rebecca Baird HAMILTON (1788-1 Dec 1866)was the daughter of William HAMILTON and Jane ALLISON of Brookside Farm (on Cherry Run) Indiana Co, PA. She married Robert McRUISHON and had one daughter,before they were separated. She took her daughter, Marilla Baird HAMILTON (16 May 1818 Brookville, Jefferson Co., PA-25 Mar 1901) home to her parents, and she and Marilla adopted her maiden name of HAMILTON. I am looking for information on her husband, Robert McRUISHON: birth and death dates and places, places of residence, parents, 2nd marriage, etc..
- TAPPER posted by Deborah Logsdon on Monday, February 7, 2000
- Hi, I'm looking for any information about the Tapper family from Jefferson County. I'm also looking for any information about the Great fire of 1901 in Reynoldsville, it was on Main Street. Please contact me if you have anything at all. Thank you..
- CARRIER, HILDRETH, JACK, LAWHEAD, MOORE, RHINES, TAYLOR posted by Sidney Moore on Thursday, February 10, 2000
- Looking for information on David L. MOORE b. Nov. 28,1811 in Salem Twp. Westmoreland Co., PA; d. Jan. 17,1889 in Summerville, Jefferson Co., PA; m. Sept. 27, 1832 (Jefferson Co., PA ?) to Elizabeth MILLIRON.
David & Elizabeth had the following children:
1..James MOORE b. July 16,1833(in Jefferson Co., PA ?); d. ?; m. bef. 1856 to Mary HILDRETH.
2..Nancy Helen MOORE b.Sept.18,1834(in Jefferson Co., PA ?); d.Oct.18,1833 in Ridgeway,Elk Co.,PA; m.Sept.28,1850 in Leechburg, Gilpin Twp. Armstrong Co.,PA to George W. RHINES.
3..Pricilla MOORE b.July 25,1836(in Jefferson Co., PA ?); d. ?; m. 1.) ? KING; 2.) ? HUMPHRIES;
4..Sarah E. MOORE b.Nov.28,1839(in Jefferson Co., PA ?); d. July 19,1914(Pittsburgh, PA ?); m.Mar.24,1857 (in?) to Newton TAYLOR.
5..Agnas MOORE b.Feb.15,1841(in Jefferson Co., PA ?); d.Sept.3,1843(in Jefferson Co., PA ?)
6..Joseph E. MOORE b.Apr.9,1843(in Jefferson Co., PA ?); d.Apr.19,1928(in Jefferson Co., PA ?); m. bef 1865 in Belltown,PA to Nancy LAWHEAD
7..David K. MOORE b.Jan.15,1847 in Clover Twp., Jefferson Co., PA; d. Feb.11,1932 in Summerville, PA; m. Feb.19,1874 (in Jefferson Co., PA ?); to Martha C. CARRIER.
8..William E. MOORE b.June 23,1849 in Clover Twp., Jefferson Co., PA; d. ?; m. Sept.11,1877 (in Jefferson Co., PA ?) to Anna JACK.
9..Carlton MOORE b.Feb.20,1851 (in Jefferson Co., PA ?); d.?
10.John MOORE b.June 14,1853 (in Jefferson Co., PA ?); d. June 14, 1853 (in Jefferson Co., PA ?);.
- BOWMAN, MCMINN posted by Ken McMinn on Saturday, February 12, 2000
- Looking for information on Luicinia Bowman married to Joseph McMinn and after his death to Elvin McMinn-between the time period of 1888-1999.
- BEITLER, MCMINN posted by Ken McMinn on Saturday, February 12, 2000
- Looking for information on Florence Beitler- Born: 11-12-1874-Howellville,Pa. Died: 9-6-1951-Rome,New York Married -Azel L. McMinn-1-1-1900-Reading,Pa. Need info on her parents and siblings..
- FETTERHOFF, JORDAN, SPRANKLE, WACHOB, WYANT posted by Jessica Jordan on Sunday, February 13, 2000
- Researching these families, all from McCalmont, Perry, Young and Oliver townships, Jefferson Co. Also N Mahoning Twp., Indiana Co..
- MILLER, WONDERLING posted by Darla Kelly on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- Searching for the family of Merle Wonderling b, 1 Aug. 1907, married to Lena Katherine Miller, b. 1906. Merle was a minister and is buried in Callensburg Cem. Clarion Co. but thought he may have been born in Jefferson Co.. Children are Joan (lois) and Robert Merle..
- BALE, MCANICH, MCKEE posted by Karen Semencar on Wednesday, February 16, 2000
- Big Run and other areas of Jefferson County, PA. A cousin is trying to find information on the family of MCANICH, CLYDE and MCKEE, MARGARET who married about 1905/06. Margaret was a schoolteacher and their children were: MAX, MARGARET BELL or PEG, BEN, RICHARD and BETTY. This family lived in the Big Run, Jefferson County area. Information was found on a BALE, MARGARET daughter of HUGH & MARGARET died 8/12/1854 and they are believed to be a relation to the MCANICH or MCKEE family. Can anyone help he with information on this family? They are desperate to find a marriage license on CLYDE & MARJORIE but they could not find one in the marriage books at the Jefferson County courthouse. Has anyone found information on this family that may help her search? Thank you for any help....
- MEANS, WALTERS posted by Donna Walters on Thursday, February 17, 2000
- Need obit for Eugene WALTERS. Died March 17, 1999. Last known residence was Big Run, Jefferson County, PA area. Also need obit for Lovella (MEANS) WALTERS. Died April 1971. Will pay reasonable expenses. Please respond to E-mail adress above. Thanks If anyone needs research done in El Paso County, TX I will be happy to recprocate. .
- BIETZ, RADER, SHAFFER posted by Polly Neeper on Friday, February 18, 2000
- I am looking for any information on any of these individuals: William Clair Shaffer born 12 May 1887 died 23 Feb 1966. He married on 31 Jan 1920 in Reynoldsville, Jefferson Co., PA by Squire Neff to Mary Elizabeth Bietz born 17 Mar 1902. They had the following children:
1. Alice Arminta Shaffer born 10 May 1923, she married on 16 Jan 1939 to Leroy H. Rader born 30 Mar 1914 died 26 May 1989
2. Dollie Molistia Shaffer born 11 Sep 1920
3. Loyd Jackson Shaffer born 3 Feb 1921
4. Louis Clair Shaffer born 31 Jul 1926
5. Joseph Franklin Shaffer born 1 Oct 1928
All the above information is from the Family Bible. Thanks..
- DUNCAN, RINGO, STAHLMAN, TEMPLETON posted by Brad Stahlman on Friday, February 18, 2000
- My gggrandfather was Robert Miller Stahlman. He was born in Marienville, Forest Cty., PA. Robert had at least two brothers and two sisters. They were Daniel, Archie David, Tillie, Annie. Annie was murdered when she was young. Archie David married Lena Slater (no children known). Tillie has some connection to Longford, KS and married Raymond Smith. Daniel was born May 6, 1870 in Marienville. He died Dec. 25, 1948 and is buried in Jefferson Cemetery, PA. Daniel had one adopted son Raymond Stahlman (Marienville). One of Daniel's granddaughters (Myrtle) was buried in Baxter, Jefferson cty., PA. Robert had three children; Hazel Pearl(Mar. 13, 1902-June 10, 1971), Margaret A (1903-1969), and Archie Miller (Oct. 19, 1905-Mar. 26, 1993)(my ggrandfather). Hazel married Joseph Daniel Arnold and Margaret married Arthur L. Atkison. Archie Miller married Edith Lee Ringo. That is what I have pertaining to PA. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- LEYMEISTER, SHADE posted by Lisa Reber on Saturday, February 19, 2000
- My name is Lisa (Leymeister) Reber. I am looking for info on the Shade surname. My grandfather was Charles Leon Shade b: January 31, 1922 d: January 16, 1989 his father was Floyd Shade b: October 10, 1904 d: February 1975; His father was Harry A. Shade no birth or death info at this time..His wife was a Lula (Nagle) Shade.
- FAIRMAN, MCKEE, WALLACE posted by Diane Apker on Monday, February 21, 2000
- Seeking information on the son of James Fairman (born abt:1873/74)and married Catherine Wallace. David Fairman married Jane MCKEE He is listed in 1840 Jefferson Co.,PA census,Porter TWP,pa 1850 Jefferson Co., PA census, Porter TWP, p 74. Before that he is listed in Indiana Co,pa. 1860-????? his death occurred after this year and I can't seem to locate a place of death???? Any information would be helpful. Thank you, Diane .
- TAPPER posted by Deborah Logsdon on Tuesday, February 22, 2000
- I'm researching the TAPPER family that is in Reynoldsville and around that area (most of Jefferson County). Some of the names I have are Herman Tapper, Frank P. Tapper, Philip Tapper, Oscar Tapper, Thomas Tapper. I'm also looking for information about Thomas & Ida Tapper who owned a livery stable on Main Street that burned down in 1901. If anyone has any information about this line, please contact me. Thank you very much..
- MEANS, SPRANKLE posted by Suzanne on Tuesday, February 22, 2000
- I too am trying to research Jefferson Co. names. What is it you are looking for? I may have something that will help you. Have you run into the Sprankle Means connection?.
- BOCHERT, BOGLE, CAIN, MILLER, PRITCHARD, SALADA posted by Patrick Bogle on Tuesday, February 22, 2000
- I am looking for any information on Annie Miller. She was born August 1863 probably in the Brookville, Jefferson County area. She married John Pritchard May 1884 in Clearfield County and raised a family in Dubois. According to a marriage record book, she is listed as Miss C. A. Miller..
- HERRIG, JAMES, MCMILLAN posted by Monica Jennings on Wednesday, February 23, 2000
- Looking for info on Mallie Elzena JAMES b 14 Dec 1871 in Brookville, Jefferson, KY to ? JAMES and Elizabeth McMILLAN who later married a George MILLER. Mallie had two sisters I believe, Minnie and Mabel. Mallie married Edward Manuel SHIREY 31 Oct 1889 then later married John HERRIG on 15 Sept 1914. I would love to hear from anyone who could help! Thank you, Monica. .
- GROVES, HEYER, MCMINN, RICHTARSIC posted by Kathleen Leak on Wednesday, February 23, 2000
- I am a decendent of Eva E. Heyer and John Joseph Richtarsic. Looking for info on all..
- HANNAH, JOHN, SUSANNAH posted by Ray Maas on Thursday, February 24, 2000
- John Hannah lived with wife and 8 children in Porter township in 1860 Jefferson County census and by July 1870 lived at Punxsutawney, Pa. About 1870 the family moved to Pepin Wisc..
- GRAZIER, LAIRD posted by Traci on Thursday, February 24, 2000
- Hello, I am searching for information on George B.Laird b. Aug 1847 in Penn. Married Elizabeth born about 1847, and had the following children; Victor Isaac b. April 1889 in Tyrone, Penn. Frank Charles b. March 1886, Mary b. Sep 1880, Emma b. July 1883, and Harry E. b. March 1878. Victor I. married Susan Grazier. Any help would be most appreciated. Thank you, Traci.
- KURANKO posted by Jerry Kuranko on Thursday, February 24, 2000
- KURANKO Am seeking information on the family name of GEORGE KURANKO (may have Sr. behind the last name) his wife name was: Mary Kuranko � (maiden name FARKUS) They were living in or close to a town in Jefferson Co. PA called "Big Soldier", now I understand it�s just called Soldier. George sr. was a coal minor.
My father GEORGE KURANKO, JR was born 10 Feb. 1900 at Big Soldier, Jefferson Co. PA. Would like any or all records for his birth. I.e.: Birth certificate, baptismal records from the Catholic Church or census records.
I truly appreciate and value your time in helping me with this request.
- TRAVIS posted by Mary Jane Martin on Thursday, February 24, 2000
- I am looking for a family history book written by " Harold G. Travis" ; named A Travis Tree On Me And Mine". This is a family history about my family from Jefferson County into N. & W. Mahoning , Dayton, Smicksburg areas, in Armstrong Co. Indiana, Pa. If you have any information please e mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org Thank You..
- HINDMAN, SIAR, SIARS posted by Lauren on Thursday, February 24, 2000
- Looking for parents and family of Keziah S.C. Siar(s), also known as Carolyn Keziah Siar(s). She was born in Union Township, Jefferson County, PA and is the daughter of Joseph (abt. 1800) and Mary Matthews (abt. 1802). Other children on 1850 Census are Gidemo, Robert, and Nancy, with Margaret living with the Monks family. Keziah married John H. Hindman in 1868. Please email me if you know of this family. Thank you!!!.
- LUKEHART, MILLIRON, POSTLETHWAITE, SPRAGUE posted by Jean Anthony on Friday, February 25, 2000
- I have just started with my Lukehart line of history. In this line the surnames mentioned above were listed as living in Falls Creek. What I would like is some information on Falls Creek Cemeteries and is Falls Creek, Pa. in Jefferson Co.? Look forward to hearing from some of you. Good luck in your search..
- BLACK, BRYSON, HETRICK, KERR, MATTHEWS, SHOTTS posted by Dawn Matthews on Saturday, February 26, 2000
- I am looking for any information on the parents of Lottie Black, she was born in 1892 and died in 1983. They were from Desire in Jefferson Co. She had 4 siblings: William, Frank, June, & Evie. Their parents owned a boarding school there. Lottie married Ottis Kerr and moved to Armstrong Co. and had 4 children: Paul, Fred, Virginia, and Kathryn. I would appriciate any information on her family.
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Jefferson County Genealogy Project
(c) Jefferson County Genealogy Project