- COBAUGH, DOWD, HILLMER, MCMANIGLE, REDDICK, REDICK, WELLS posted by Bonita Hillmer on Thursday, April 2, 1998
- Seeking information on the following: James Fones WELLS b: 1814 NY, wife(?) Mary Catherine COBAUGH b: 1838 in PA (living in Clarion County, PA in 1850 census), lived in Brookville, Jefferson County, PA from about 1855-1874/8 during which time they had four daughters: Jane "Jeanne" b: 1856 (Mrs. McMANIGLE), Persis Earls (REDDICK), Anna Marie (HILLMER), and Margaret (O'DOWD). Seeking any information on parents of James and Mary .. as well as McMANIGLE, O'DOWD and REDDICK/REDICK. Any help would be appreciated..
- BROCIOUS, DOVERESPIKE, HOFFMAN, KEIHL, NEAL, SHAFFER, SHIREY posted by Carlette Brocious on Friday, April 3, 1998
- I am searching for information on the following family lines from Jefferson Co., PA: Jesse & Mary C. (poss. KEIHL) BROCIOUS, Albert Newton & Mady Eldora "Dora" (BROCIOUS) SHAFFER, Reuben Dallas & Rose Ella (DOVERESPIKE) HOFFMAN and Henry Boyd & Flora Elyda (SHIREY) NEAL. Any assistance will be gratefully and graciously accepted.
- HAAG posted by Bob Keener on Tuesday, April 7, 1998
- Looking for death dates of Christopher and Marilla HAAG, who arrived in Jefferson Co in 1833 and died there. They were the parents of Phillip, Mary, and Henry. Would also like names of two additional siblings who were raised in the area.
- DINGER, MERCER posted by William Shepherd on Thursday, April 9, 1998
- Interested in James Samuel MERCER and wife Hannah Mariah DINGER, who lived in Porter Township in the 1880s and 1890s. They later moved to Cambria and Clearfield Counties. James was a paster of some sort when he married Hannah in 1883 at Ringgold but later lost his paster status. Would like to find what denomination he was and what happened..
- DINGER posted by William Shepherd on Thursday, April 9, 1998
- Researching Dingers of Porter Township in the 19th Century, specifically Jacob and Mary Kaylor DINGER..
- HUGHES, HULL, MARSHALL, PRINTY posted by William H. Marshall on Monday, April 13, 1998
- I am searching for any information, especially the death records on my gg grandparents. I have been told they are buried in the Flat Rock Cemetery, Ripley Co., Indiana. Here is a little more on what I know about Harvey George Marshall, He was born Abt 1801 in Virginia (or New York),(do not know the area) and died 12 July 1866 in Flat Rock, Ripley Co., Indiana. He is buried in the Flat Rock cemetery. He married Eunice Hull, daughter of George Hull and Jemima Wellman. One report says he was born maybe New York. Parents are not known as yet. About 1820 he married Eunice Hull, probably in Broome County, New York. She was born 1799 in Connecticut. In about 1829 they moved to Pennsylvania to Bradford Co. which is close to Jefferson Co, also it is next to Broome County, New York. They had seven children. Harvey and Eunice and their family migrated to Indiana around 1837 as their son William L. was born there. They settled in Ripley County. In 1843 the Flat Rock Church was organized in their home, their home was also a station on the underground railroad before the slaves were freed. Harvey G. Marshall was a farmer. He died sometime after the 1870 census was taken. It is believed that Eunice lived with her daughter Polly and husband, James C Printy, before her death circa after 1880. Both Harvey and Eunice are buried in the Flat Rock Cemetery, Jackson Township, Ripley County, Indiana, but no stones mark their graves as of 1981. Their children are: Mary "Polly" Marshall b-20 Jul 1821 Berkshire, New York, d-1885 Flat Rock, Indiana. Susan Lauraetta Marshall b-11 Aug 1824 Spencer, Tioga Co. NY Martha Ann Marshall b-8 Jan 1826 d-Bef 1910 Wilburn, Cleburne Co, AR George Harvey Marshall b-14 Nov 1828, Berkshire, Broome Co. NY, d-7 Mar 1902 Estacada, Clackamas co. OR.(My G-Grandfather) Pluma Marshall b-27 Oct 1830 Sheshequin, Bradford Co. Penn. d-04Nov 1916 Clarkville, Clark Co., Illinios. Eliza Marshall, b-03 Feb 1832, Sheshequin, Penn, d-22 Jan 1902 Ripley Co, Indiana James Ezra Marshall b-21 Aug. 1835 BradfordCo. Penn. d-Abt 1904 William Lawson Marshall b-14 April 1837, Ripley Co. Ind. d-21 June 1862 Thanks for any information I may receive, Best Regards William
- DAUBENSPECK, MAYHEW, REIGHARD posted by Karen Smith on Friday, April 17, 1998
- Arad Mayhew, b.Sep 13,1823, d. Dec. 1, 1894, married Celina REIGHARD, Mar 25, 1852. They lived in Pardus, Jefferson Co., and raised 3 children. Joseph, 1858-1939, Allen, and Ellen C., born Jan 30, 1862.Ellen married Samuel S. Daubenspeck, Apr. 20, 1880. Any info on this family appreciated..
- DUNLAP, HADDEN posted by Ray Chatfield on Monday, April 20, 1998
- I'm looking foe any information on Nancy HADDEN born in Jefferson Co.Apr 29 1811. She married Alexander DUNLAP of Clearfield Co. Thanks for any help..
- HARMON, THOMAS posted by Sherry Jesberger on Tuesday, April 21, 1998
- Seeking descendents of Michael and Susanna (Harmon) Thomas.
- DOUTHITT, FYE, HULL, SHARP posted by Sherry Jesberger on Wednesday, April 22, 1998
- Seeking info for a friend who is not online on the following surnames. Specifically, Joseph Douthitt, born 1800; in Porter Twp in 1850.., Daniel Sharp, born 1820, in Winslow in 1850; George Fye, born 1800, in Winslow in 1850; John Hull, born 1802, in Brady Twp., Clearfield co., PA in 1860, but family crossed over. Appreciate any help here-- we are at a dead end. Thank you!
- ARMAGOST, DELP, KNAPP, MCMANIGLE posted by Dennis Lazenby on Saturday, April 25, 1998
- Looking for more Armagost , Knapp , Delp , Mcmanigle descendants. Have lots of information to share on some of the names. and hope you can add to my data base.
- PETTIGREW posted by Valerie Tarkowski on Wednesday, April 29, 1998
- My great grandfather was A J PETTIGREW of Jefferson County. Originally believed to be Ohio but now thought to be Pennsylvania. There was an A J PETTIGREW who died in 1863 in the battle of Gettysburg. He or his son, possibly also A J, had a wife named Louise who died. He remarried a woman named Bertha. They had a son Carl PETTIGREW, born in Jefferson County but died in Erie County.
I hope someone can help I've run into dead ends for two years. I am holding a PETTIGREW family reunion this August and hope to have some sort of information for my family..
- FITZSIMMONS, MAGUIRE posted by Lisa Shea on Thursday, April 30, 1998
- Thomas F. Fitzsimmons and Elizabeth Maguire, both born in PA, married before 1840 and lived in Jefferson County, we believe. Their kids were:
FITZSIMMONS, Thomas MAGUIRE, Elizabeth
Mary A, b1840, PA
Elizabeth, 1843, ?
Helena A, 13.Apr.1848, PA
Josephine, 4.Jul.1851, IA
Cassie, 1867, IA.
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Jefferson County Genealogy Project
(c) Jefferson County Genealogy Project