Westmoreland County Genealogy Project has been on-line since September of 1996. We
have made great strides in providing general research information for the county. We
would like to now build on the success of the county page by endeavoring to place
information on-line as it would relate to a specific locality within the county. The
Westmoreland County Genealogy Project would like to offer
the opportunity for volunteers to assist with the responsibility of
hosting a township, borough or village website.
If you would
be interested in hosting one of the Townships, Boroughs or Villages, please send an e-mail
message to me.
The specific information that we would like to "file"
by locality would be:
- Cemetery transcripts for the township or town
- Census Records for a township
- Church Records
- Family Histories for the locality
- General historical information for that locality
- School Records
Requirements for the website are as follows:
- Website will be hosted as a subpage of the Westmoreland County Genealogy Project
website. The webmaster of the Westmoreland County Genealogy Project website will
post the changes as required by the volunteer host. The locality host is free to
create links to external websites that would contain appropriate information for the
specific locality. This requirement is subject to negotiation.
- Website design must be complimentary to the currently design of the Westmoreland County
- All information posted except that which is specifically copyrighted by the volunteer
host will become a part of and remain with the Westmoreland County Genealogy Project.