- KOLODZIEJ, MILLER posted by Sandra Yorkell-Parker on Thursday, February 1, 2001
- Am looking for the families of George Miller and Maria (Anna) Vollmann and Andrew Kolodziej. Both families were in the Pittsburgh are in the 1920's and 1930's George and Marie had three children- Anna Miller, George Miller and Frank Miller. Anna was born in 1896, George was born in 1899 (My grandfather) and Frank was born in 1905. Any information on this family would be greatly appreciated. Andrew Kolodziej was father to six children- Sophie, Catherine, Taedore, Edward, Anna (who married a fellow by the last name of Ginca) and Estelle who was my grandmother. She was the wife of George. I have no real dates except that Andrew was born in Poland Russia in 1857 and Estelle was born in Pittsbugh in 1905. She died in Massachusetts in 1932. Please if there is someone out there that has info on these families please contact me. Thanking you in advance for your help.
- ALEXANDER posted by Raydon Eiland Alexander on Thursday, February 1, 2001
- Seeking parents of James Alexander b 1772 PA. William Alexander of Fairfield Township shows a male in that age group in the 1800 census. Seeking any information on this family.
- BLACKBURN posted by William Hofelt on Saturday, February 3, 2001
- For a biographical article on Ida E. Blackburn, M.D., the first female medical doctor in Westmoreland Co., Pa., I seek any info on her, esp. from people who knew her or knew of her. Especially helpful would be descriptions of her appearance, her medical practice, her lifestyle (for example she was the first Gbg. woman to own and drive her own auto -- was it a Model T Ford?) Also her role as a civic leader -- school board, Westmoreland School of nursing. Thanks much!
- HUGHES posted by Deborah Hughes on Saturday, February 3, 2001
- Would anyone happen to have information on this cemetary (Tarrs Cemetary-East Huntington Twp.)? I am looking for John Joseph Hughes(b.July 27,1899-d.Oct.29,1926). On his death certificate it has place of burial as Tarrs Cemetary PA. He had died in Ohio. He is from Fayette Co., PA, so I am hoping this is the right one. Any help would be appreciated. Debbie
- JOHNSTON posted by Margaret Baker on Saturday, February 3, 2001
- Does anyone remember the wingless airplane designed by Bemis Johnston. Were you there when it did not fly in September of 1935? Please contact me- he was my uncle. Peggy
- ARMSTRONG, CUMMINGS, EUWER, MCMATH, SKILLEN, YOURD posted by Sherry Woods Kaseberg on Saturday, February 3, 2001
- Descendants of John and Jane [Elliott] Euwer attended family reunions in Allegheny county for years. Those attending one about 1882 from Parnassus, Westmoreland County, PA included Amelia J. Euwer, Nannie McMath, Mrs. Jane M. Euwer, Mrs. John Ferguson, Austin Skillen, Mrs. Jane Skillen, Mr and Mrs John Cummings and Mr and Mrs J.W. Rose. Attending from Logan's Ferry were Mrs. E.J.[Eliza Euwer] McLean, the Misses McLean, John E. McLean, Miss Millie E. Kerr, the Misses Armstrong, John Euwer, Mr and Mrs George B Armstrong, Mr Sampson Armstrong, and Mrs Rosa Armstrong. Attending from Murrysville were Mrs Lillie B Kennedy and family, and Joseph M. Gibson. Preparing a family record for these lines that attach to my Woods - Yourd/Euwer/Uerr/Ewer line in Allegheny County, PA.
- KLEIN, STEFFY posted by Kathy Altman Walker on Saturday, February 3, 2001
- I believe there may be a Kline connection to my Steffy line and am searching for somebody who may have knoweledge of such a connection. I have the following:
Conrad Steffy b. 1759 in VA d. 1828 in Westmoreland Cty., PA
married Anna Maria (Mary) Klein
Jacob b. VA 1783 m. Anna Marie (Polly)
George b. VA 1784
Samuel b. PA 1795
Susanna b. PA 1803
and, possibly Conrad b. PA 1816
Susanna Klein (single) is listed as the sponsor at the time of baptism for Susanna Steffy.
There is a possibility that this is a second marriage for Conrad. The ages of the last two children suggest that Anna Maria is quite a bit younger. Or, Conrad is the grandchild.
Please contact me if you recognize this family.
- BELL, HUNKER, LAUFFER, WAMBOLD, WAMPOLE, YOUNG posted by Chris Martinez on Sunday, February 4, 2001
- Does anyone know how I could get a hold of records for the cemteries in Bell Township, Westmoreland County? Supposedly there is a cemetery near Perrysville where Cora May Young Bell, John Andrew Bell, and Cora's mother Fatook are buried together. If anyone knows a place to find these records on-line, or has seen this group in their own research I would reall aprreciate any info you could suppply. Thanks!
- MCKEE, THOMPSON posted by Marti Bennett on Sunday, February 4, 2001
- Looking for information on Captain Alexander Thompson (Revolutionary War). He was killed by Simon Girty during the Lochrey Expedition. His daughter, Elizabeth Watson Thompson married Colonel Hugh McKee, son of Hugh McKee from Westmoreland County. Who were Thompson's parents & wife?
- SAAM, SAM, SAMS posted by Dick Hills on Sunday, February 4, 2001
- Greetings, My gggrandfather James SAMS was born in Pennsylvania in 1821, married Rachel from Ohio and moved to Michigan where he lived out his life and died on 8/26/1903 in Montcalm County, MI. I don't know where he was born in Pennsylvania but there were families in North Huntingdon, Westmoreland County in the early 1800s. Any information about these SAAMs, SAMS, or SAM families would be appreciated. Thanks, Dick
- BASH, BENNETT posted by Frieda Glenn Bennett on Monday, February 5, 2001
- Looking for information about John Bennett b. April 1827 Fairfield, Westmoreland Co. Pa died 1905 son of William Bennett and Elizabeth Houston. married Susan L. Bash 1868 b. 18 June 1841 Pleasant Unity, West. Co. died 27 December 1924 daughter of Henry Bash and Mary Lehman. Children Henrietta (wife of W. L. Blair)John Ed Martin, Charles M. John's first wife was Susan Lemmon Children Thomas L. Jennie E. (Wife of W. A. Lightcap, William L.
- SKIDMORE, THOMAS posted by Jlpike on Tuesday, February 6, 2001
- Info needed on THOMAS, Lewis, wife Sarah Jane Skidmore, children Ella, Edward, Lizzie, and father-in-law, James John SKIDMORE. In the 1900 census, living in Manor Dale Precint, Franklin Township, Lewis and James were coal miners. Thomas born in Wales, James in England.
- BROWN, POTTER, STEWART posted by Carol on Tuesday, February 6, 2001
- A Robert Brown is shown in the IGI, born about 1773 "of Greenburg, Westmoreland, PA. His spouse is shown as Ann POTTER. It's possible this Robert had a brother, Vincent Brown.
There is a Robert Brown is Sycamore Twp., Hamilton Co., OH in 1830; he may be the same one shown in Columbia Twp. in 1820. The Robert Brown I'm looking for married a second time to a "Margaret." One of their children would be Salome Harriet Brown. There is also a STEWART family in Sycamore Twp. In 1850 a Thomas Stewart is there, age 71, a weaver, born in Ireland (1779). I suspect Salome's family was Presbyterian.
Is anyone researching this BROWN family?
- DAVIDSON posted by Deb Z on Thursday, February 8, 2001
- I am looking for any information on GEORGE S. DAVIDSON b 04/01/1819 Latrobe, who married SARAH McCLELLAND b.01/15/1821. His father may have been FRANCIS DAVIDSON. His mother Elisabeth SMITH or MYLER??. George may have had brothers Alex, Vincent and Daniel. George & Sarah moved to Holmes/Wayne County, OHIO in 1841 where Sarah died in 1854. George remarried to ROSANNA LOVETT.
- DAVIDSON posted by Deb Z on Thursday, February 8, 2001
- I am looking for any information on GEORGE S. DAVIDSON b 04/01/1819 Latrobe, who married SARAH MCCLELLAND b.01/15/1821. His father may have been FRANCIS DAVIDSON. His mother Elisabeth SMITH or MYLER??. George may have had brothers Alex, Vincent and Daniel. George & Sarah moved to Holmes/Wayne County, OHIO in 1841 where Sarah died in 1854. George remarried to ROSANNA LOVETT.
- BARKLEY, MYERS posted by Gerald D. Reel on Thursday, February 8, 2001
- Does anyone have a listing of the children of an Isaiah Myers who was the son of Michael Myers and Margaret Brown? He shows on the 1870 census with parents, but I've been unable to locate him on the 1880 census. I have been told that my great grandmother Maud Myers was his daughter, but she shows on the 1880 census as an adopted child in the residence of a Jane McGuire. Maud Myers (b. 1877 d. 1951) is buried at Fairview Cemetery with husband John Henry Barkley. I'd love to hear from any Myers researchers.
- GARDNER, MCKAY posted by Lynn Pfannenstiel on Monday, February 12, 2001
- I am looking for information about Mary Gardner b Jan 16, 1784 Westmoreland, PA d Dec 13, 1863 Crawdford County, PA. Married RObert McKay b Jun 8, 1776 Lane, PA d Jul 31, 1857 Crawford, PA. I do not know anything about her siblings or parents. Any information would be appreciated.
- BUSH posted by Carol Maizel on Monday, February 12, 2001
- Seeking information about Sarah Bush, living in Wegley Pa. in 1939. This is my greatgrandmother and I am seeking information about her. Don't know if she was married to a George Bush or a Rueban Bush. Any information deeply appreciated. Thank you
- DUFF, LITTLE posted by Anita on Tuesday, February 13, 2001
- Looking for family members of John Morgan LITTLE and his wife Anna DUFF. According to "The Handbook of Texas Online" John was born in Westmoreland Co. PA, I am guessing around 1775. He had a son Willima W. who is also said to have been born in PA. The Little's left PA and moved to SC where son John Duff was born. It is believed son Harmon was also born in SC around 1791. The family left SC for TN where Harmon remained. The rest move on to Texas where John Morgan and William were among the earliest settlers there. Does anyone have a connection to this family? I would like to find out who John Morgan and Anna's parents were and where they came from.
- LARUE posted by Arthur Erbe on Friday, February 16, 2001
- I am searching for information or family history for Eva Catherina LaRue who married Phillip Johannes Bossert in 1761. She was born in 1740 and died in 1805. They lived in Hamliton Twp. Westmoreland Co.
- CROOKS, LUDWIG, MCCULLOUGH posted by Margie Suter on Saturday, February 17, 2001
- I am trying to locate information on Richard Crooks from Puckety Creek, PA. Related to Simpson Grant Crooks who married Fannie (Francis) Ludwig. Also related to family is James Alexander McCullough of Westmoreland County, PA If any one can provide a lead I would be very thankful.
- HENNON posted by Robert DeWitt Hennon on Saturday, February 17, 2001
- Would appreciate any information on a James Hennon found in the 1800 Federal Census for South Huntington Twp., Westmoreland Co., Pa., p.1123.
- OSHIE, OSZIK posted by Melissa on Sunday, February 18, 2001
- Researching the Oshie name. It is of Polish origin and I believe they settled in Crabtree around 1909. There are some relatives still there, but information is coming in slowly. If anyone has any info or you are related, please contact me.
- DAVIDSON, DAVISON, MOSS posted by Sandymento on Sunday, February 18, 2001
- Found my ancestors in the 1830 Census for Rostraver, Westmoreland Co., PA and so now I need to learn more.
Moses DAVISON/DAVIDSON (b.1804 PA- d. 1880 IN)
Elizabeth MOSS (b. 1807 - d. 1865 IN)
Hannah Amanda b. 1826
Mary Ann b. 1827
John b. 1829
Martha Jane b. 1831 d. early in PA
Samuel Harrison b. 1832
David Allen b. 1834
Milford b. 1837
Sarah Elizabeth b. 1839
Harriett Matilda b. 1841
Joseph William b. 1842
Diana b. 1845
James Leander b. 1847
Charles b. 1851
I believe Elizabeth MOSS's parents were JOhn and Elizabeth Moss...if any of these names click please email me!
- JOHNSTON posted by James Carver on Monday, February 19, 2001
- Ulysses Sherman Johnson - b. 1865 Jackson Co., IN is my "black sheep" in the line. Discovered he was "Divorced" in Westmoreland Co., PA on 15 June 1918 from: M. Grace Johnston. Ulysses was also using the surname "Johnston" at this time. This marriage/divorce new discovery thus naturally seek info on this wife: M. Grace Johnston ...seek marriage date, did they have kids, etc. Ulysses in Pittsburg, PA by 1925, know about his ancestors back in Indiana, and his life after 1925. Need only data about his wife/family in Westmoreland Co., PA. Unknown period: 1880-1924, obviously with this marriage he was busy during these unknown years ..HELP!!! Jim
- STEFFEY, STOOPS posted by Lee on Thursday, February 22, 2001
- Looking for info on my ggrandmother. Her name was Christina Stoops. She married J.C. Steffey. They in turn had a daughter named Blanche, who later married Ben Yount. Have all the info on my Yount side, but can't seem to find anything on the Steffey or Stoops side. At the time of Blanche's marriage to Ben the family live around Garrett's Run. If you can help me with any info I'd appreciate it.
- CLARK posted by Barbara on Friday, February 23, 2001
- Information on William and Mary Sebring Clark,who lived in Westmoreland County in 1820's, One known son John Clark, born April 17,1825.
- BEELER posted by David Beeler on Friday, February 23, 2001
- Am looking for any info on Charles Beeler from Webster, PA or his wife Anna manning of Webster. Or any information to the Beeler name in the westren PA area.
- CHAPON posted by Tomasina Leone on Saturday, February 24, 2001
- Looking for any information on JOHN CHAPON. Came to Wilpen, PA in 1905 from Gadna, Hungary. Born on 2/23/1877 and died on 3/18/1924 in Wilpen. He worked in the coal mines in Wilpen. Married to Anna Leschko in 1898 in Hungary. I am interested in finding his Hungarian surname.
- HARRISON posted by Amy Nieves on Monday, February 26, 2001
- Seeking the family of William Harrison b.abt.1832 in England, living in Sewickley Twp. Westmoreland County in 1860 married to a Emily ?. In 1880 they have the following children: Mary 19, Lizzie 17, Ella 14, Emma 10, William 8, and Charles 6. I believe this William could be the brother of my Casper/Glasper/Gasper Harrison.
- LONG posted by Mary Lou Long on Monday, February 26, 2001
- I am looking for info on Alexander Long. His wife was lulu belle mcelwee her name may be listed wrong and could possibly be mcelroy. They lived in Bolivar, PA. They had 5 children. she was born in 1889 and died in 1927. thank you!!!
- MCELWEE posted by Mary Lou Long on Monday, February 26, 2001
- I am looking for info on Lule Belle Mcewlwee. her name may be listed wrong and could possibly be mcelroy. SHe was married to ALexander Long. They lived in Bolivar, PA. They had 5 children. she was born in 1889 and died in 1927. thank you!!!
- SURRENA posted by joe on Monday, February 26, 2001
- looking for any info on the surrena family of westmoreland county, pa around 1765-1800. thanks.
- SHRUM posted by Penny Stewart on Wednesday, February 28, 2001
- Will share old photo of Eleanor Shrum sister of Anna, Mary, Rose and Bob. This photo was taken in the 1920's or 30's. Eleanor looks to be about 5 years old. No other info is known.
- ANDREWS posted by Donna on Wednesday, February 28, 2001
- looking for the children of Denzil and Mary Sargent Andrews. Last known address was Main St. in Mt. Pleasant, Pa. Need to know about Denzils father who was married to my Aunt Virgie who died in 1913. She is buried in the Mt. Pleasant Cemetery. Donna
- THOMPSON posted by Donna on Wednesday, February 28, 2001
- Searching for a Daniel Thompson married either an Elizebeth Thomas or a Sarah J. Bond from East Huntington twp or Mt.Pleasant twp in Pa.Need to know where they are buried for family tree.Daniel born 1819, believe he died in 1899.Maybe two of them.Two were buried in a Dunkard and I don't know where that is ,except it is associated with the Church of the Brethern. Donna
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to Westmoreland County Home Page
(c) Westmoreland County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project