- LUDWIG, MERKE, MILLER, REINHART posted by Vicky Barnett on Monday, January 1, 2001
- Looking for anyone researching these names- Fredrick MILLER, born 9-26-1882, Switzerland, married Dorthea Marie LUDWIG, born 8-13-1886, Germany, had the following children; Harry, Dorthy, Carl, Elsie, Clara, Gilbert, Norman, Marie, Raymond, Harold, Cliford, Bessie, Richard, Kenneth. They were born from 1906-1925. Parents were Henry & Elizabeth (MERKE) Miller and John & Marie (REINHART) Ludwig. Thanks.
- HATFIELD, SMITH posted by Sherri Webber on Monday, January 1, 2001
- Looking for a William Claudis Smith who may have been born in Westmoreland co.abt. 1793. William claudis married a Sarah Hatfield and died in Lincoln County West Virginia. He had a son, Ballard Smith who married a Sina Marrs. I need to know who were the parents of William Claudis Smith or would appreciate any connection. Thank you.
- SCOTT posted by Chris Morgan on Tuesday, January 2, 2001
- Looking for any information on a John Scott. Wife was Catherine. Catherine b. 1829, John Scott b. about 1822. Catherine is widow in 1910. Children include Emily, Margaret, Mary, William(b. 1852 about), John (born 1855 or 1854 about) Grand child of Catherine and John Scott include a Carrie L. Scott b. about 1883 and possibly an Arthur Scott b. 1886. Their is also a gr. grandchild connected with this family of Clare Scott. They lived first in Loyalhanna, then in the Latrobe and Derry areas. Any connection please contact me. Thanks
- GOLDEN, VANHORN posted by Rick Van Horn on Tuesday, January 2, 2001
- I am looking for that needle in the haystack. My gggrandfather [according to census records] was born in Pennsylvania sometime between 1812 and 1815. His name was William VanHorn. We believe he was from the Westmoreland County area. He married Mary Golden in Allen County Indiana on April 17, 1851. Her birth is listed as Jan. 14, 1823 in Westmoreland Co. Pa. We know her family moved from Pa. to Ind. sometime between 1840 and 1850. So the question is, did he meet her after her family moved to Ind.?? or did he Follow her there from the Westmoreland Co. area of Pa.?? Any help here would sure be appreciated. I have no other information about him except that on the census his parents are listed as being from New Jersey.
- FORSYTHE, PATTERSON, WITHERSPOON posted by Nora yeager on Tuesday, January 2, 2001
- Looking for family of James Witherspoon who married Elizabeth Patterson in Scotland and lived in Yohoghany,North Huntingdon Twp. in 1860. Their children were 1.George,b.1848, Lanark, Scotland: 2.Elizabeth, b. 1849,Lanark; 3.Jane,b.1851, Lanark; 4.Janette, b. 1855,Lanark; 5.Agnes,b. 31 Dec.1856 Bothwell,Lanark, Scotland; 6 John b. 17 April 1859. John married his cousin Marcia Forsythe of Johnstown,Pa. 30 Jan. 1932. I believe his first wife and family lived in Sewickley,Pa. Marcia is buried Headricks Cemetery, E.Conemaugh,Johnstown, Pa.
- FLANNERY posted by Catherine Riley on Wednesday, January 3, 2001
- I am trying to find any information on Michael Flannery from co Mayo Ireland.Hewas born in1840,and immigrated to Youngstown PA. I know there is more than one Youngstown in Pa.Michael died in 1880 in Younngstown.any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,Catherine Riley.
- KELLY posted by Catherine Sherbine on Wednesday, January 3, 2001
- I have a Will for William Kelly that I received from the Westmoreland County Courthouse. I ordered it thinking it was my William Kelly, but after reading it, it is not my William.
The Will states that William Kelly lived in East Huntingdon Township in
- FLYNN posted by David Flynn on Wednesday, January 3, 2001
- Looking for family of Mark & Margaret Hiller Flynn, Newkensington PA. Mark passed 2/20/1934 Margaret passed 6/27/1953 they had 7 sons, 1 daugther. Tom, Chuck, Ed, Elmer, Harry, Robert, John, Bernice Esser Flynn. John is my Dad! Traceing Family Roots, all and any information will be helpful! I know I have a ton of cousins I don't know! My Dad was the youngest of the 8 kids. He had a brother that was 22 yrs when he was born! Thanks! David Flynn Armada, MI (Detroit)
- BARTON, STUBBS posted by Debbie Springer on Thursday, January 4, 2001
- I am trying to locate the name of the cemetery in Irwin, where most of my relatives are buried. thanks!
- CRAGO, JACK, RIGGS posted by Steade Craigo on Saturday, January 6, 2001
- I am researching the ancestors and relations of Thomas Crago, who was killed by Indians in 1770 near Carmichaels, PA. The Cragos and their related families were early settlers in what is now Westmoreland County, PA.
- GEARHART posted by Judy on Saturday, January 6, 2001
- John Gearhart born 1787 Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania married Sarah Billman b.June4,1790 AlbanyTwp.Berks Co. PA. I am looking for the parents of John. I have listing of names of his siblings and his children. John and Sarah's children are Henry Gearhart (my ancestor) John, Susannah,Sarah,jane, Sarah, George Washington Gearhart. I have no dates on any other than Henry.
- HOFFMAN, HUFFMAN posted by Tim Ballard on Sunday, January 7, 2001
- Recently found out my GGGG-grandfather, Peter Hoffman/Huffman, moved from Westmoreland County to Tennessee, thence to Indiana, where he was killed by Indians in 1813. Seeking any information about Peter's wife and antecedents.
- BROWN, CUMMING, PARKER, TAYLOR posted by Gail Vanderhoof on Sunday, January 7, 2001
- I am searching for the wife of James Brown b abt 1730/40 probably Derry Ireland, will dtd 8 Oct 1813 Fairfield Westmoreland PA, m Nancy. What was Nancy's surname? Who were her parents?
Their oldest son, William Brown Sr b abt 1760 d 5 May 1837 OH, m Hannah Taylor. Where and when was Hannah born? Her father is believed to be John Taylor. Who was her mother? Her brother was Jacob Taylor.
- CUMMING, HILL, LOWRY, PARKER posted by Gail Vanderhoof on Sunday, January 7, 2001
- I am researching John Cumming Jr b 1795 probably Derry Westmoreland PA, d 1877 Sandy Lake Mercer PA, m Abigail Parker b 1798, d 1885 Sandy Laker Mercer PA, dau John Parker & Hannah Milhouse.
John Parker's father was John Cumming. I believe that his mother was Hannah. Do you know Hannah's parents' names?
John Parker's daughter was Sarah Cumming b 1822/3 Westmoreland PA, m 9 Sep 1845 James Hill, grandson of Rev War soldier, Adam Hill.
Anyone out there also related?
- KAYLOR, WALTON posted by Jean Kaylor Willard on Sunday, January 7, 2001
- Family of Sarah Walton KAYLOR 8 Sept 1842 died 26 July 1939 married Joseph KAYLOR Greensburg, Hempstead Twp/ Salem Twp.
- HONSE posted by Rebecca Hyde on Monday, January 8, 2001
- Looking for descendents of Daniel Honse (d. 1878), originally from Lehigh County. Married Elizabeth Kimmel, lived on Chestnut Ridge. Son: Daniel Nielson Honse (b. 1850), married Clarissa Ann Albright. Son: John Booth Honse, married Etta Jane Nicholson, lived in Mount Pleasant and Unity Twps. Name spelled: Hans, Hantz, Honce, House etc.
- BACHTENKIRCHER, BAUGHTINKISCHER, HEIL, KEPPLE posted by Marti Wethington on Wednesday, January 10, 2001
- Searching for info on William BAUGHTINKISCHER, name found in 1830 census index on page 278. May be father of Peter William BACHTENKIRCHER m. Susannah HEIL. Is anybody willing to do a look up in the actual census? Thanks, will share any info I have.
- PRATT, WHITE posted by Grant White on Thursday, January 11, 2001
- Hello, I'm seeking anyone working on WHITE and/or PRATT families of Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania, ca. 1770-1800. I am testing a theory that David White, Sr. (ca. 1774-1851) of Ohio Township, Clermont County, Ohio was born in Westmoreland County, and that he married Nancy PRATT there.
- CALDWELL, KLINE, LAUFFER posted by April Kline on Friday, January 12, 2001
- Seeking information on the parents and siblings of Micheal Kline/Cline b1839 near Murrysville, PA; d 1916, Manor, PA. Buried in Brush Creek Cemetery. His parents are listed as George and Eliza Kline. Micheal Kline m Mary Caldwell (1846-1913), D/O James and Emily Caldwell. They had 8 children who lived to adulthood: Maria Duella Kline, b1869; Harry J. Kline, b 1871, Emily Bertha Kline, b 1872; Eliza Jane Kline, b 1874; Harriet Gertrude Kline, b 1876; Sara Isabelle Kline, b 1878; George Albertus Kline, b. 1880; James Caldwell Kline*, b 1883, Ray Willis Kline, b 1885, and Robert Ellis Kline, b 1888. *James Caldwell Kline married Bertha Lorena Lauffer(1886-1971), D/O John Berlin Lauffer (1857-1890) and Susan Matilda Loughner (1858-1939, her second husband was William Guy). The Klines lived in Manor, PA. Would appreciate any information on these families. Thank you.
- GONGAWARE, MYERS, WENDELL posted by April Kline on Friday, January 12, 2001
- Searching for information regarding the children and ancestors of Irwin Franklin Myers (1876-1949) and Alma Wendell (1877-1978). Irwin Myer's parents were Joseph Myers (1830-1911) and Eliza Gongaware (1835-1917). Irwin Myers was supposed to have been born on the family farm in Irwin, PA near the present day interchange of the PA Turnpike. Any information regarding these families would be greatly appreciated.
- MARKLE posted by Deb Nance on Friday, January 12, 2001
- looking for information on the town of Millgrove near the town of West Newton. The family that settled this town is the Markle family. Looks like in the 1800's. Westmoreland county
- MCFADDEN posted by Martin Stewart on Sunday, January 14, 2001
- Searching for family information on my GGGG Grandparents, Samuel McFADDEN and his wife Mary B. (maiden name unknown.) Samuel born in Pennsylvania about 1771 and Mary born in Pennsylvania about 1778. Assume that they married in Pennsylvania around 1800. Most likely in Westmoreland County at this time. Known children are Mary (born 11-1-1801), Samuel (12-18-1803), Hugh (abt 1804), Jacob (abt 1808), Catherine, Rachael, Eleanor, Julie, and Sarah. Family left Pennsylvania before 1820 and relocated to Wayne Township, Montgomery County, Ohio where Samual and Mary lived out the rest of their lives. There is a John McFADDEN, possibly Samuel's brother, listed as one of the earliest settlers of Wayne Township - prior to 1810. Samuel died July 15, 1851 and Mary died December 9, 1858. Both buried in Bethel Cemetery, Bethel Township, Miami County, Ohio.
- ZYKAN posted by Sue Zeaken on Sunday, January 14, 2001
- Looking for information about my g-gf Albert ZYKAN died in a mine accident Nov 7, 1906. Cannot find obit, death cert, funeral info. Know he is buried in St Mary's Bradenville Cemetary with no tombstone. Any help appreciated, please e mail me at: firstname.lastname@example.org Also name changed with Albert's son to ZEAKEN???
- QUINN posted by Deb Nance on Monday, January 15, 2001
- Looking for information on James Quinn I have several birth years for him 1848, or 1850. He married Ida Aukerman about 1890. He died in Westmoreland county 1927.
- FORSYTHE, PATTERSON, WITHERSPOON posted by Nora yeager on Thursday, January 18, 2001
- If you know of ANY of these people, please write. James Witherspoon m. Elizabeth Patterson in Bothwell,Lanark Co. Scotland 30 Nov.1846. Their children: 1. George, 1848 B. Scotland; 2. Elizabeth,b. 1849, Scotland; 3.Jane 1851,b.Scotland; 4.Janette,b.1855,Scot; 5.Agnes b. 31 Dec.1856, Bothwell, Lanark,Scotland. 6.John b.17 April 1859 North Huntingdon Twp. Westmoreland Co. Yohoghany Post Offoce,Pa. John married his second wife and cousin Marcia Forsythe of Johnstown,Pa. 30 Jan.1932. Marcia is buried in Headricks Cemetery,E.Conemaugh, near Johnstown, with her parents, and John who died around 1941-1945 is no doubt Buried with his first wife and family in the Sewickley or Pitcairn area. This is just a guess. If you know of ANY of these peoples descendants, Please write. I have almost 7,000 names and and am about to publish my Forsythe Family History. Thank you so much. Nora Yeager.
- BRINKER, COOPER, IRVIN, RUMBBAUGH, SHUMAR posted by Kim Irvin on Thursday, January 18, 2001
- Looking for Information on Brinker,Irvin, Rumbaugh,Shumar,Cooper and related families in and around Pt Plesant Pa.
- HART, TAYLOR posted by Barbara Hart Pagano on Friday, January 19, 2001
- looking for Abraham and Christianna Hart, born early 1800's Also Washington and Martha Taylor. Believe two families came from UK and settled in Westmoreland county, PA. , Ended up in Hancock county, Ohio mid 1800's.
- HENRY, SINGLETON, TUSSEY, WALTER posted by Virginia on Saturday, January 20, 2001
- I am looking for the family of William Singleton,born 1865. Married Catharine Walter in 1898. They had two daughters and moved to Pittsburgh Pa were he was a superintendent of mines. I think his father was William Singleton and mother was Louisa Henry but have no real evidence. I am also looking for Frederick Martin Walter born 30 Dec 1848 died 25 Dec 1928. Married Mary Catharine Shafer. Again this is all I know about these two.
- FRY, FRYE, RAYMOND posted by Judy Anne Champion Frates on Saturday, January 20, 2001
- Seeking information on a Raymond Frye, born around 1906. Parents: Wallace M.Frye & Mary M. Hammond-they divorced 1910. Don't know who raised Raymond...could have been a Frye relative. resided around Pgh areas. Have a photo I can email you as an insert.......Judy email email@example.com
- COLBERT, NEPTUNE, SIRCELY posted by Kristin Cobb on Saturday, January 20, 2001
- Searching for family Charles William Neptune(1956-1903) and Mary Sircely (1910-1984). Parents were Charles Neptune are Charles William Neptune (1872-?) and Bertha Colbert all of Westomoreland County.
- REMIAS posted by Sue Zeaken on Monday, January 22, 2001
- Looking for family members of Julia C. REMIAS who married George ZEAKEN in 1920. These are my grandparents, would like to know other REMIAS family and to trace the tree.
Michael & Barbara REMIAS
Baby Boy that died
- KOZO posted by Sue Zeaken on Monday, January 22, 2001
- Looking for KOZO's family members. Steven KOZO married my gt-gm Helen Petrosky Zykan in 1907. Would like to find Steven's family. His parents were Matthew (Mike) & Anna KOZO.
- SARVER posted by Dorothyjean Cox on Tuesday, January 23, 2001
- My fathers' name was Millard, had a brother, John, Sisters, Catherine Barner, Vivian, Sara Daniels, and Ellen. His fathers' name was John. Mothers' name was Flora. Daddy BD. 3/22/24 His father & mother are both deceased. Looking for information to fill in family tree. Daddy died 2/9/00 I need to know about his family. Anyone with information ......I would greatly appreciate.
- BEEMAN posted by Richard L. Beeman on Wednesday, January 24, 2001
- MY FAMILY RECORDS SAY JOHN A. BEEMAN WAS BORN IN MAYFIELD PA. MARCH 2,1837. HIS CIVIL WAR MUSTER RECORDS SAY VENANGO COUNTY. PEOPLE HAVE TOLD ME THAT MAYFIELD WAS IN WESTMORELAND CO. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF MAYFIELD WAS ONCE IN VENANGO COUNTY AT THAT TIME...THX RICK
- CHAMBERS, HILL, KEIFER, MINNIK, RICHIE, SMITH posted by Tammy Donaldson on Wednesday, January 24, 2001
- I am looking for a connection between the Richie, Smith and Hill names.All I know is My Fiances grandmother had said her mother was Virginia Wilhelmina (Minnie) Smith and that her Grandmother's last name was Richie (or some variation) and that they called her Grandma Bell. I have not been able to find a thing on this family except a 1920 census record listing Virginia and her husband Clarence Hill living in Jefferson, PA with there first 4 children. In total they had 11 children. Virginia was born about 1896. Clarence was born in abt. 1886. There children were Alta Christina (1913), Everett(1916), Jack(1918), Betty Sue(1919), Martha Belle, Delores, Patricia, Twyla, William Robert, Clarence Jr. and Nell Rose(1/26/1926). From what I have gathered Nell was the youngest and Virginia died either during childbirth or shortly after. I was also told that Clarence Sr. died in either a mining accident or train wreck(either in a car or while walking home). Clarence Jr. had a son also named Clarence. Nell and Sue moved to Ohio Sue married a Bill Keifer in Youngstown, OH and Nell married Carl Koby. Martha was in the Armed services (I have been unable to locate which branch) while in the military she met and married Marlin Minnik. Twyla married a Chambers. Though I have been unable to locate them I believe William, Jack and Everett may still be alive as they were when Nell passed away in 1997. Clarence's father is believed to be Jacob Hill the son of an Isaac or Isiah Hill who served in the Civil War. But I can't prove any of this. This family may be from Fayette, Greene, Washington, or Westmoreland. As I have heard all three places mentioned. We have also heard a place called Little Washington mentioned. But I can't seem to find it. It is supposed to be near Waynesburg or Jefferson, PA. Any help with this line would be greatly appreciated.
- WIGAL posted by Linda J Camp on Friday, January 26, 2001
- Looking for informantion on Phillip Wigal who serverd in the Rev War from Westmoreland Co., Pa. His unit was Ranger on The Frontier. What was Ranger in The Frontier? Wigal is sometimes spelled Wigell, Weigel. Phillip was
- BILLER posted by Sharon Robbie on Sunday, January 28, 2001
- Looking to do my family tree on the Biller in Pennsylvania. My grandfathers name is Regis Biller he is buried at st pius cemetary in Mt Pleasant. He died in a coal mine accident in 1935. He had 8 brothers and 2 sisters as far as i know. I am looking for information on my great grandparent. If anyone has any info at all please email me
- SMITLEY posted by Rose Yaniga on Monday, January 29, 2001
- I would like to here from others researching the Nickolas & Anna Marie Smitley lines. To share info
- HENDRICKS, JAMISON posted by Scott H Hedricks on Wednesday, January 31, 2001
- I am a direct descedant of Col. Abraham (aka:Abram) HENDRICKS and Ann JAMISON. I have a database that is about one half of what it should or could be. Abraham is descendant from Daniel, son of Henry, son of James Jacobus (aka: James, Sr.), son of Albertus. Albertus was the original immigrant from Holland and settled in Chester County PA. His grandson Henry had 23 children, about half stayed in PA and the rest migrated to the Carolina's with Henry. I am looking for any siblings of Col. Abraham HENDRICKS and any information available on Ann JAMISON whose parents were Thomas and Ann.
- ANSEL, JAMES, OSBORNE, STRUBLE, TAYLOR posted by Sharon A. Pullen on Wednesday, January 31, 2001
- My maiden name is Osborne. I am trying to find information on my great grandfather's family. His name was Samuel Osborne, Born June 24, 1849, emigrated from England abt. 1863, is listed in Naturalization index of 1889. Married to Martha M. Brindle. I believe he was born in Devon, England and that his father's name was James Osborne. I know he had at least one brother who also emigrated with him. Only 2 of his children survived into adulthood John and Oliver (my grandfather). John died at 27 but did have 2 children with his spouse, Margaret J. Howell. If anyone has any further information, I'd appreciate hearing about it.
- CHERRY, MCCLELLAND, MORRISON posted by Bill Rainwater on Wednesday, January 31, 2001
- Looking for information on William Morrison, born in Ireland circa 1777. In Greensburg, PA in 1850,60 and 70 as a laborer. Daughters include Lavinia who married Joseph McClelland of Venango Co., Mary and Sarah who married Wm. D. Cherry. Who was William's wife, when did she die? When did William die and did he leave a will? Any info on parents/anc. and descendant would be appreciated.
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to Westmoreland County Home Page
(c) Westmoreland County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project