- RITZ posted by Carolyn Frazee on Sunday, December 3, 2000
- Solomon RITZ was born ca 1780-85; married in Washington Co., MD. to Mary WISE. They both died very young leaving 3 children as orphans, including my gr. gr. grandfather, Daniel RITZ. Have been searching for Solomon's parents. Suspect Solomon and his parents had been living in PA. in a county such as Westmoreland Co. and when Solomon reached adulthood he moved to MD. Hoping someone researching the RITZ name they might have come across my Solomon's name. There are many, many RITZs in PA. so wouldn't surprise me if someone might have come across his name in wills &/or estate papers. Would appreciate any information.
- FRY, FRYE posted by Vicki on Sunday, December 3, 2000
- I'm looking for relatives of my Great Grandfather Samuel Barnes Frye born 8/7/1830..Latrobe Pa and Grandfather Trauger Jacob Frye married (1) Sadie Fletcher (2) Tena Elizabeth Harr Frye... Any help would be greatly appreciated ! Thank you..
- KRAYNAK, RUSZIN, SOTAK, SURIN posted by Cherre on Sunday, December 3, 2000
- Hi! I am attempting to locate further information on a family that lived for at least a time in Brainville, Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania. The basic data on this group is as follows:
Andrew John Surin b: 12 October 1910 son of Peter and Mary Kraynak Surin m: Mary Ann Ruszin b: 30 November 1915 daughter of Michael and Maria Sotak Ruszin.
If this sounds familiar, please feel free to e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org Any information would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks and Good Luck in your own search(es),
- PENDERGRASS posted by Carolyn on Tuesday, December 5, 2000
- I am looking for the township and cemetery of the Garrett Pendergrass family. He died abt. 1784. It is possible that his wife Rose Anne is there also and maybe his parents Edward and Elizabeth. Any ideas are welcomed.
- BRUNER posted by Linda Kleback on Wednesday, December 6, 2000
- John Wilbur Bruner was killed in a railroad accident in Derry, Westmoreland County, on 11 June 1936. What newspaper would have been most likely to carry a report on the accident and his obituary? Thanks!
- GOFF, WOODS posted by Gary Altman on Wednesday, December 6, 2000
- I am searching for information on my gggrandfather, GEORGE RILEY WOODS, b. 14 March 1859, Westmoreland Co., PA; d. 18 October 1947, Royal Oak, MI. He married MARY AN GOFF, b. 30 May 1853, Wells Co., IN; d. 1905, Gladwin, MI.
The 1860 Fairfield Township, Westmoreland Co. Census shows:
WILLIAM WOODS, 30, Farmer, 200
I believe this to be the family of GEORGE RILEY WOODS. Can anyone confirm this? Also, is the HENRY WOODS and JOHN WOODS shown in the same 1860 Census brothers of WILLIAM WOODS? Would appreciate any help! Thanks all!
- JACK, PARMELE posted by Bernice Turney-Borgia on Thursday, December 7, 2000
- I am researching a Matthew JACK, born about 1838, PA. He married about 1867, my great grandmother, Alice V. (Parmele?), born about 1844, NY. I was able to locate the Matthew Jack family in the 1870 Federal Census, Westmoreland Co., PA. I am most interested in finding a marriage bond or marriage certificate for Matthew and Alice to prove Alice's maiden name, my question on this would be, do they exist at the county level for the period 1867 or earlier? Also, if someone has access to an index of the Westmoreland Co., PA 1860 Federal census, I would appreciate help locating a page number for a Matthew Jack in Hempfield or Greensburg.Bernice - email@example.com
- HOUSE posted by Sharon Dougherty on Friday, December 8, 2000
- Seeking any information on a "House" family from Derry - circa 1900-1950.
- SCHOIKI, SCHUIKI posted by Ernst Schuiki on Saturday, December 9, 2000
- Hello everybody ! Im looking for members of the SCHUIKI (alternative spelling SCHOIKI) family. Their origin is Austrian but recently I found out that the Pennsylvania 1910 census miracode index has an entry with 'Schoiki':
Enumeration District: 0168
Birth Place: Austria
Other Residents: Husband Albert Wrolch
Where can I get more information about this person named Frank Schoiki ?
Is it possible to have the full entry on Frank Schoiki in the census record ?
Where do I get vital certificates on this person without having any further personal data ?
Did anybody know Frank Schoiki or other persons with this name ? Maybe the name has changed into a more American variant of spelling (Shuiki or Shoiki, or Shuiky/Shoiky).
I am thankful for any answer or comment! Sincerely Ernst Schuiki, Zurich, Switzerland
- MYLER, TRIMBLE posted by Nancy Goodwin on Saturday, December 9, 2000
- I am looking for more information on my gr-gr grandmother, who was born in Derry Twp., Westmoreland Co., in 1787. RACHEL TRIMBLE was the daughter of Capt. THOMAS TRIMBLE, who owned one of the largest farms in the Ligonier Valley. Thomas Trimble had been a Capt. in the war of the Revolution, serving under General Washington.
Rachel was the third or fourth of his 7 serviving children, whose names were William, Thomas, Sarah, Mary Jane, Nancy and Pauline. (Four others died, but I do not know their names.)
In 1812, Rachel married THOMAS MYLER III, and they moved to Leechburg where Thomas purchased what was known as the Company Salt Works, on the Kiskiminetas River near Leechburg. In that town most of their 11 children were born. Six of these children did not survive infancy, but the five who lived to adulthood were: Elizabeth Ann Myler, Thomas Trimble Myler (my gr grandfather), John Augden Myler, William Workman Myler, and Mary Jane Myler.
The family were members of the Baptist Church. Can anyone tell me what Baptist church might have been in the Leechburg area during the period from 1812 - 1835? I need to see if I can find some family records there.
- LANE, MALONE posted by Pat on Sunday, December 10, 2000
- I am looking for any connections to Reuben Lane b.1828 in Uniontown,PA.d.June 27,1904 in Greensburgh,Pa.Was married to Catherine Devan.I am looking for any siblings of Reubens..
- DELL, SPRINGER posted by Sue Jones on Sunday, December 10, 2000
- Seek info on my 3rd gr-grandma Annie SPRINGER (b. 1820) near Ligonier, PA. She m. Joseph DELL. Family then moved to Homestead (now Pittsburgh), had ch: Margaret A., ANNIE, Mary J., Grant. Have info to share.
- ALBERTS, MILLER posted by David Smith on Sunday, December 10, 2000
- I am hoping someone has access to the obituary for Bessie Alberts who was born 15 Oct 1889 and died in New Kensington, Westmoreland County, in September 1978. Possibly her mother was a Lydia MILLER who married an ALBERTS.
- MILLER posted by David Smith on Sunday, December 10, 2000
- Hoping someone has access to the obituary for Jacob M. MILLER who married a Lura (surname unknown) in about 1888 and died in Mount Pleasant, Westmoreland County in 1945.
- ARLOW, FELL, HARRIS, HILL, MEHALEK, RODGERS, VOLK posted by Dan Harris on Sunday, December 10, 2000
- Looking for family in area. I am a great grandson of Daniel George Harris and Mary Evans. Their sons were Isaac b. 2-19-1884 m. Margaret ?
Thomas G. b. Oct.1891 m. Catherine Amy Fell
Daniel V. b. Jan 1898 m. Audrey Noble
William A. b. 7-27-1894 m. Edna Mae Arlow
I have very little information on these people and would like contact with family still in the area. Have much info. to share, just not on this line. TIA Dan Harris
- KNECHTEL posted by Audrey Reifler on Wednesday, December 13, 2000
- I am filling out a request for a copy of a birth certificate for my grandfather, Robert T(heodore) Knechtel, born Mar. 4, 1907. I only have the ED of 183 from the 1910 PA Westmoreland Census. Can anyone tell me what township that might be? or if they will be able to find the record with only the county?
- STEPHENSON, STEVENSON posted by Pat Trembly on Wednesday, December 13, 2000
- Looking for Jannett Stephenson who married Joseph Jackson Munshower from Westmorland county. We know his information, know nothing about her. They are my great grandparents.
- LIVENGOOD posted by Margaret Gagliardi on Saturday, December 16, 2000
- C. S. (Christian) Livengood was a Blacksmith in Scottdale, Westmoreland Co, PA. He was born in Elk Lick Twp, Somerset Co, PA. Is anyone researching the Livengood family in Westmoreland Co? I am looking for information and pictures on this family.
- SPRINGER posted by Margaret Gagliardi on Saturday, December 16, 2000
- I am related to Harry Springer, who was a Photographer in Scottdale. Is anyone researching this family? I have pictures and information to share.
- CLARK, DAVIS, HESS, MCCRELLIS posted by Carol McCrellias on Saturday, December 16, 2000
- Would like to locate descendants of what possibly were my gr-gr-grandfather's siblings. 1) Nancy McCrellis ("McCrelleas") m. Perry CLARK 1839; 2) Violet McCrellis m. David HESS. Other known siblings: Jane "McCrelias" m. William HUNTER 1826, Martha "McCrelias" m. Joshua KELLEY 1843. (All marriages Westmoreland Co.) Also would like info regarding gr-gr-grandfather John McCrellias's wife Sarah "Davis" (b. ca. 1815, m. ca. 1837).
- AUKERMAN, FISCUS, HOLLER, MACEY, MCLAUGHLIN, PENROD posted by Deb Nance on Sunday, December 17, 2000
- Looking for info on Michael Penrod, Johannes Fiscus, Martin Macey, all lived in Westmoreland county.
- MCALLISTER posted by Peg Stainer on Monday, December 18, 2000
- Looking for descendants of John and Rachel (?Baird) McAllister. John was born Ireland ca. 1772 died 9 Nov 1845, Washington Twp., Westmoreland Co., PA buried, Poke Run Cemetery. They had children-birth order unknown- Mary (married a Gordon); Rachel (m. Josiah Meanor); Martha (m. Wm Andrew Jamison); John (m. Sarah Keister); Robert (died single); Lydia (m. a Taggard); Rebekah (m. Wm Stanley); Margaret (m. James Hall).
- ALTSHOUSE, CHRISTY, COURTNEY, FREDERICK, HAMILTON, HOFFMAN, HOWELL, HUFFMAN, HUSTON, LOUGHNER, MCKEAVER, RAY, RAYBURN, SCHEURER, SMITHRABURN, STEELE, THOMPSON, TROUT, WAGNER, YOUNG posted by Trisha Hamilton Leo on Monday, December 18, 2000
- I am an 8th American Hamilton and have now traced my family back to 1626 in Scotland. I have the following surnames : Courtney, Huffman, Wagner, Loughner, Altshouse, Ray, Scheurer, Trout, Smithraburn, Rayburn, Young, Frederick, Thompson, Hoffman, Christy, Steele, Mckeaver, Howell, Young, Huston.
- KIGGINS, WARENSFORD posted by Carol Blawas on Monday, December 18, 2000
- Looking for relatives.. Grandfather was Ed KIGGINS, grandmother was Martha Grace WARENSFORD KIGGINS. I am looking for any info on the KIGGINS family. Their last area that they lived was Drydam Road,Penn Twp, Jeannette. After the death of my granddad, my grandmother lived in Harrison City, above Blakes Market.
- GEORGE, KELLY posted by Lee Laughner on Wednesday, December 20, 2000
- Albert A. GEORGE Born 8-27, 1855 died 1-10 1928 Married to Mary Elizabeth KELLY. Most likely lived in Freensburg. Anyone with information, please contact me.
- BORSTNER posted by Colette on Sunday, December 24, 2000
- Looking for information regarding Bertha thomas Borstner. Born in Germany, moved to Penn with family Humple/Thomas probably before 1886 when my Great Grandmother was born. Her name was Hattie Thomas Reese. Both women later moved to So.Calif with their families. Bertha died 1942 and Hattie 1955. Any information greatly appreciated.
- QUICK posted by Jim Quick on Tuesday, December 26, 2000
- I am looking for information on Mark Quick. He died April 8, 1970 in the Hempfield Township and his mail address was in Arnold. Any information about him, his wife or any children would be gratly appreciated.
- SHIPE posted by Tom Shipe on Friday, December 29, 2000
- I am searching for information about the John and Catarina Shipe Family that came to Mt. Pleasant Twp., Westmoreland County from Lancaster Borough, Lancaster Co., PA in about 1800. They both later died and are buried there. Their children included Catharine (b ab 1774), John Henry (b abt 1793 d 11-21-1867), Henry (b 1798 d 1803) Mathias (b 1798 d 1803), Abraham (b 1803), Mary Emily (b 11-30-1805, married David Furry), Susanna (b 1807), Isaac (1807), and Margaret (b abt 1816, married David Clare). After their parents death, most of the children moved on to Adams and Hancock Counties, Illinois and Noble and Dekalb counties, Indiana. Thank you Tom Shipe San Diego, CA
- FARLOW, SHOAF posted by WD Shoaf on Friday, December 29, 2000
- researching shoaf and farlow families in westmoreland co.
- GREENHAULGH, WATSON posted by Jacqueline Watson Gelly on Friday, December 29, 2000
- Looking for any information on Etta Greenhaulgh who was born December 30, 1866 and died October 12, 1910. She married David Watson he was born March 31, 1864. Etta had 2 sister's that I know of Nellie and Mary. Nellie married a man by the name of ?? Tunney. Mary married a man by the name of ?? Cain. Any information on this family would be greatly appreciated.
- SAMPLE posted by Ralph Egyud on Saturday, December 30, 2000
- I am seeking further information on the Samples of Mt. Pleasant, Westmoreland Co., PA. Here's what I have:
Parents: Shaffer and Clara Sample, 145 N. Church St., Mt. Pleasant Shaffer died ca. 1919 in a mining accident (?) Clara died 1959.
Mildred (Mid) Zelmore; b.8/5/05, d. 4/87. Several children still live in Westmoreland Co.
Clara Leighty; m. Roy Leighty, who d. 11/73. They lived in Uniontown, Fayette Co., PA. Clara still lives. No children.
Claude; b.12/28/07, d. 1/9/95 Batavia, IL. No children.
Charlotte "June" Madore; b.6/1/13, d. 8/95
m. Robert E. Lee Billings ca 1931-2;
m. Carroll J. Madore (Carroll's Restaurant)
1 dau. Doris Jane Madore (born to Billings, adopted by Madore), b.10/12/32 (my mother)
Doris m. Ralph Egyud 8/26/51
Willard; b.11/14/15, d.12/85. m. Gwen, 1 dau. Jenne Lynn
I'd like info on Shaffer and Clara, including maiden name, siblings, parents, etc.
- MCGREW posted by John Copeland on Saturday, December 30, 2000
- Seeking a lead to: Anson Burlingame McGrew born at Scott Haven, Pa., on May 10 1868. Attended public grade schools and the High School at West Newton, Pa, and attended Indiana state Normal School.
- BLACKBURN posted by Terry Terrell on Saturday, December 30, 2000
- Joseph BLACKBURN (b. 1805 in PA) was in Fayette Co., PA in 1830, but probably moved there from Westmoreland Co. when he was married a few years earlier. I am looking for any information on his parents, names unknown. I am especially looking for copies or transcripts of wills of Joseph BLACKBURN (d. 1831 in Westmoreland Co.), Thomas BLACKBURN (d. 1834 in Westmoreland Co.), or William BLACKBURN (d. 1840 in Westmoreland Co.), or any other information about their progeny, as I suspect one of these men may be Joseph's father. I will happily share any and all information I have on Joseph and his descendants. Joseph BLACKBURN died in Belmont Co., Ohio in 1883 and is buried in Morristown, OH. I can provide a picture of his tombstone for interested parties.
- INGRAM posted by Lynn Miller on Saturday, December 30, 2000
- This is an excellent site.I am looking for the Ingram family that resided in Westmoreland County. In 1957 mother was married and moved to Texas. Time is running out! Any help would be appreciated.
- DENWYKEHENLEN, HANLON, REED, REID posted by Christine Forker on Sunday, December 31, 2000
- Loooking for hisotry of Meredith Reid born in Ireland and died March 18, 1844 in westmorland County. Need Irish history? Son B J Reid born April 24 1823 in PA is in Clarion County and I think is related to John L Reid born 1799. Mother of B J is Eleanor Hanlon. Does Eleanor Hanlon have a newphew that marries EMMA Elmira Reid of Clarion after 1860? ???Named John Den Wyke Henlen?? See Frampton new message for more details. I need help. THANKS
- TONKS posted by Joan on Sunday, December 31, 2000
- I'm looking for information on the Tonks family who I believe lived in Salina or Westmorland County, Pa
- TAYLOR posted by Carole Taylor on Sunday, December 31, 2000
- john taylor moved from westmorelanc co to henry co, ky just after am rev. lived there until l870's moved to harrison co, mo. stillhave relatives in westmoreland co. would like to correspond with any of them.
- DAVIS, TAYLOR posted by Carole Taylor on Sunday, December 31, 2000
- mary ann davis married john taylor and moved to henry co ky. do you have anything on her family?
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to Westmoreland County Home Page
(c) Westmoreland County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project