- EISMAN posted by Janine Goodson on Wednesday, November 1, 2000
- looking for info on a michael eisman .. brn early 1800's or late 1700's . was married to a catharina and had nine children one of them was named john .. who changed his last name to iceman ..
- HANSELMAN posted by Marianne Hanselman on Wednesday, November 1, 2000
- I am looking for any documentation of George Hanselman and his parents or siblings. I am led to believe he was born ABT. 1799 in Westmoreland, But I desparetly need confirmation! Please help. George left by 1819 and moved to Ohio.
- MILLER posted by Gail on Thursday, November 2, 2000
- Edward Arnold MILLER born about 1906 in PA, Allegheny area I've ben told
He married Dorothy JEFFERSON, in Florida ? They moved to Detroit and had the following sons
Arnold Edward MILLER, born November 23, 1928 (my father)
Herbert born January 6, 1927 or 26
According to Dorothy, her husband Edward was killed in an auto/train accident on New Years eve in PA about 1931
- HAYS, WOLF, WOLFE posted by Kathy Finch on Friday, November 3, 2000
- I am looking for information on Robert Hays, born 1818 in Westmoreland County, PA; died Nov. 1894 in Armstrong County, PA. He was a farmer. He was married to Matilda Wolf(e) who was born 1822 in Westmoreland Co., PA and died in 1900 in Armstrong County, PA. (This information was glenned from their death certificates.)
They had two children I know of: George McClelland "McClellan" Hays, born Nov. 1862, who married Mary A. Stewart; and Matilda Hays married Daniel W. Barnhart.
- BAKER, SIEGFRIED posted by Leon Borst on Friday, November 3, 2000
- Hello, I found this great site, http://digital.library.pitt.edu/pittsburgh/ , which kept me up until 3:00 A.M. In the "Full Text Collection" section I found a book published in 1900. It had a small write-up of Siegfried's Drug Store at Center and Highland Avenues, Pittsburgh. The Drug Co. was owned by HENRY J. SIEGFRIED. I believe this to be the HENRY J. SIEGFRIED born on 5 Mar 1853 in Mercer County, Pa. (The first child of Daniel M. Siegfried & Ann E. Myres). On 11 Aug 1885, he married Marion Baker (the daughter of Daniel Baker of Allegheny County, Pa. Am looking for any U.S. Census or Death data on this couple.
- KNAPP, MUFFLEY posted by Pat Gilles on Friday, November 3, 2000
- My great grandmother, Barbara Muffley, was born to Joseph and Eliza Knapp Muffley, on February 4, 1839, in Westmoreland Co. Any information on the parents of Joseph and Eliza would be appreciated.
- DULKIS posted by Edie Dulkis on Friday, November 3, 2000
- Would like any information about Michael Dulkis and wife Anna from Arona area.
- THURMAN, THURRAMAND, THURRIMAN posted by Phylis Wawker on Saturday, November 4, 2000
- Seeking information on William b 1750? Thoroughman, Thomas b 1755 Thoroman, & Samuel b 1767 Thoroman. sister Priscilla m Thomas Crago Have Oh info looking for period of time bef OH Seeking parents & other siblings. They were in PA 1781 -1790 Migrated OH late 1700's
- FUKSA, KUBIEK posted by Sandra Pelky on Saturday, November 4, 2000
- I am searching for information on my gparents Josef Fuksa b.Bohemia 1883 and Antonie Kubiek b 1886 Bohemia. My gparents were married Blackburn, Penn twnshp, Westmoreland County PA on 1/20/1906. They also lived in Yukon South Huntingdon twnshp Westmoreland county Pa. I do not know when they moved to Yukon. They moved to Green Lake twnshp Grand Traverse County MI sometime in 1928. Both gparents died at home. gpa 1932, gma 1949. While living in Westmoreland county my gpa was a coal miner.
- CLARK, FOSTER, GORDON, OURY, RICHAEL posted by Karen Patterson on Saturday, November 4, 2000
- George GORDON was born in Scotland ca 1750. He came to the US ca 1774. He married UNKNOWN and had the following children: James, George A., & Margaret. George A. b ca 1776, married a MISS CLARK and had the following children: George, Samuel, John, Jesse, and my ggg-grandfather JOSEPH GORDON b 1799. The family of George A. Gordon lived in Westmoreland Co. and later moved west to Mercer and Venango Co.'s. I have no information other than on Joseph and his family, and would really like to find more cousins. Are you out there?
- HILTY, OYLER, SAGER, TAWNEY posted by William Collins on Saturday, November 4, 2000
- Interested in contacting other descendants of George M. HILTY 1784-1869 & Rachel TAWNEY c1790-1854, who settled in Delmont, and were members at St. James Lutheran Church, Bell Twp. Also other descendants of Jeremiah OYLER 1811-1891 & Sarah SAGER 1811-1890, who settled in Washington Twp., and are buried in Sardis Cemetery.
- GIBSON, SKINNER, WILLIS posted by Pat Larson on Saturday, November 4, 2000
- Looking for info on Robert Willis Pvt. in Westmoreland Co Militia in American Revolution, would also like information on the Revolutionary War Westmoreland Co. Militia-battles fought, etc.Robert m. Sarah Gibson, son Wm b. 1790-Fayette Co PA
- TROUT posted by Bob Trout on Tuesday, November 7, 2000
- I'm looking for the ancestry of Lincoln Elsworth Trout (1865 - 1930), from Midway, Pennsylvania married to Mary Catherine Lynch (1865 - 1943). Grave marker is in Hillis Cemetery in Foxtown, PA along with many other Trout grave sites which are possibly in his lineage. Any help is appreciated.
- MAP, ROHRER posted by Christine Forker on Wednesday, November 8, 2000
- Westmoreland County in 1780 is what we call Washington County and Green County and VA. Does Westmoreland County have the records of the men from VA or what was Westmoreland County 1780 of PA militia men or families that have located south of the Pittsburgh area by 1785? Where would I find this material? I am trying to find the list of ALL the children of Frederick Rohrer who dies 1823 in Greenburg, PA and his wife Catherine DEEMER who were married in York County 1766.
- MYERS, RITTER posted by Denise Rickert on Thursday, November 9, 2000
- Hi, I'm attenpting to locate Mildred Irene Myers and George William Ritter born late 1800's, I am unsure of the county in PA that they resided. She and George Ritter (unable to find marriage lic. as yet) had two sons, Arthur and then Victor Ritter, Victors DOB was 23 Dec. 1915. I would appreciate any help in this matter. Thank you,
- ABRAMS, CURRY, HAGERTY, KENNEDY posted by Ryan Kennedy on Thursday, November 9, 2000
- Charles Kennedy and Mary E Curry are: Frank S. Kennedy(b.2nov1896d.1july68) and a twin who died at birth in Floreffe(near West Elizabeth)Frank lived w/the Abrams family after his parent died. Frank m. Ruth Hagerty Thompson from Monongahela. anything on the Kennedy or Curry families would be helpful.
- CIRINO, MARINO posted by Pamela Marino on Thursday, November 9, 2000
- My great grand parents were Angelo Marino and Beatrice Cirino. They moved from Mt Pleasant and Bridgeport PA to CT in the early 1900's. They left behind their parents (Patrick Marino and Isabella Calligucci), brothers (Cirino's and Marino's including Patrick a glassblower and his wife Belle) and other relatives who stayed in PA. Am trying to find information on this portion of the family and where my great great grandparents might be buried.
- HADABUCK, HAEDDENBACH, HATTABAUGH, HATTENBACH posted by Edith Rush on Friday, November 10, 2000
- According to church records of Harrold Zion Lutheran Church in Greensburg, Westmoreland County, George Hattenbach (also spelled Haeddenbach in this record source)and wife Anna Magretha (also spelled Anna Margaretta)sponsored a bapitsm of Christopher Wolf in 1780. We have reason to believe that this George is the father of George Hattabaugh who migrated from Pennsylvania to Virginia and then settled in Washington Co., IN. in 1809. Does anyone have any information regarding this that they can share? Thanks very much!
- CLARK posted by Dee on Sunday, November 12, 2000
- DOES ANYONE HAVE INFORMATION ABOUT BARNEY, ANN, MARY OR JOHN CLARK LISTED IN THE 1870 CENSUS OF WESTMORELAND COUNTY - BOLIVAR BROUGH?
- ANDERSON, HENRY, JONES, SEATON, TAYLOR, TEATER posted by Dee Bell on Sunday, November 12, 2000
- Does anyone have information on Mary Anne (or Anna) TEATER of Unity township? Will dated 1867 mentions daughter Catherine BEAM. Executor is Michael PALMER, witnesses Clemens ZAUN and John SPINTZ (or Kintz).
- ROBERTS, SNODGRASS posted by Nick Green on Monday, November 13, 2000
- Rhey T. Snodgrass married (1905) a Arline D. ROBERTS and they nay have lived in Westmoreland Arline was from Newark NJ and daughter of William M. ROBERTS b 1847 and Susan Emily WHITEHEAD b 1849. Looking for parents of both William & Susan.
- AND, BENNETT, BURROUGHS posted by Helen Hauschild on Tuesday, November 14, 2000
- Am searching for parentage of Charity Burroughs, born 1744. She married George Bennett, born 1730. Their daughter, Ann Bennett, born 1766, married Joseph Hutchinson, born 1763 and resided in or near Elizabeth, PA. However, some of their descendents resided in Westmoreland County. Any information will be appreciated
- FINDLEY posted by Sandy Snyder on Tuesday, November 14, 2000
- Looking for any information on George H. Findley who married Matilda Neff. He had a blacksmith shop in Mount Pleasant in the 1860's, before moving to KS about 1875. Children of George & Matilda Findley were Cassius Markle, RobertTaylor,George Lloyd, Ada M., and Charles S.Findley, probable birth dates 1856-1870. Would like to know death dates & locations for these children, as well as their descendants. George H. Findley had 2 brothers who survived him when he died in KS in 1907. Appreciate any FINDLEY info.
- HAUSER posted by Sara Deffenbaugh on Tuesday, November 14, 2000
- I am looking for information on someone who I knew as Brother Paul. I was very young when we visited him at St Vincents, it is just since I started doing my family tree that I figured out who is was. As far as I know his name was Frank Hauser and his was my grandmothers brother. Could anyone tell me how I could get in contact with St. Vincents monestery and get any info on him I can?
- WILSON posted by Mark Pearson on Tuesday, November 14, 2000
- Looking for any info on a Mary Martha Wilson B.1879 West Newton. Supposeably had A brother henry Wilson. Said to be rasied by an uncle and aunt in danora. Thankyou for any help.
- MILLS, TAYLOR, THIRKIELD posted by Angela Somers on Thursday, November 16, 2000
- Samuel TAYLOR, b@1791 married Eleanor THIRKIELD, b.@ 1792. They had at least these children: Samuel J. Taylor; Ellen Taylor; Charles Taylor; and John Taylor- born 1818. They moved to Illinois around 1842. John Taylor married Mary Ann MILLS, daughter of Joseph Mills. They also moved to Illinois, but in 1840.
- GREENHAULGH, HARPER, WATSON posted by Jacqueline Gelly on Thursday, November 16, 2000
- Looking for any information on James Watson who married June 25, 1858 to Christine Harper and any information on their son David watson b. March 31, 1964 who married Etta Greenhaulgh.
- HUMPLE posted by Colette on Monday, November 20, 2000
- My G. G. Grandmothers maiden name was Humple. I know that she had at least two daughters Bertha Thomas b. 1872 (outside of the US)& Hattie Thomas b. 1886 in Penn. Hattie married John Reese and had six children in Monessen 1908-1916. Bertha married unknown Borstner. Both women moved to So. Calif. later in life. Any information greatly appreciated. E-mail direct email@example.com
- COSTA, IACOBUCCI, PICCOLIN posted by Grace DiDonato on Tuesday, November 21, 2000
- I am interested in any persons with these last names. My grandparents were Gabriel Costa and Gaetano Iacobucci. Piccolin was an Aunt. I believe her first name was Italia. She had relatives in the Chicago area if that is any help. I do know there many children.
- CLARK, NICELY, RODDY, TANTLINGER, TAYLOR, WOODS posted by Scott Woods on Tuesday, November 21, 2000
- I've been able to find information on part of my family, but would like assistance with more. Both sides of my parents family are from Westmoreland County, mostly the eastern part. One set of grandparents include Effie Dunlap Nicely who married John Kennedy Woods. The other set of grandparents include Mildred Jean Roddy who married Ernest Milton Hicks who was born in Orbizonia, PA and later moved to Johnstown, PA. Other surnames to be considered are Tantlinger, Taylor, Clark, Kissel, Huntley, and Butterbaugh.
- BRANDT, CLARK, JAMES posted by Alisan on Tuesday, November 21, 2000
- Looking for information on my great grandfather James Brandt Clark,born 1855,died 1919, in Greensburg,PA..had sisters Delia and Nervina,and possible relatives in Waynesburg,PA...
- ANWYLL, HENSLER posted by Nancy Anwyll on Tuesday, November 21, 2000
- Looking for information on JOSEPH AUSTIN ANWYLL who emigrated to Loyalhanna, PA from England. He married BARBARA MARY HENSLER in the late 1800's; she was from Irwin, PA, b. Sept. 1868 and d. 1939. They had 4 sons: James, Joseph, Jr., John, and Vincent.
- BELL posted by Debbie Meeks on Tuesday, November 21, 2000
- Seeking info on Robert Bell b.1856 d.1926,buried in Mt. Joy cemetary. He married Minerva and they had a son, Elmer b.1878. The family lived in and around Mt Pleasant but can find little info on them. Any help much appreciated.
- BIRMINGHAM posted by Sherri Webber on Thursday, November 23, 2000
- I am researching Samuel Birmingham b.1-2-1793, married Phebe Fell Beazell. Samuel d. 12-2-1860 and is buried in the Fells Church Cemetery, Rostraver Twp. PA. I have info on the children of Samuel and Phebe. I believe Samuels fathers name was James but I have not been able to actually verify that and would appreciate any assistance that anyone could give to me. Thanks.
- HINES, NAREY posted by John Robison on Friday, November 24, 2000
- I research the Hines family starting in 1880s: Michael Hines (1825-1902) and Bridget Lydon (1830-1911) had children: Hannah (1856-1927), Michael (1858-1923), John (b. 1862), Peter (1867-1907), Thomas (b.1869), and Patrick (1872-1943).
- HOLMES posted by Dana Holmes on Friday, November 24, 2000
- Looking for inf. on Samuel Holmes b.abt.1800 in Westmoreland Co. married abt 1827 Ellen b 1807. Moved to Mahoney Twp. Mercer Co. census 1840. Had 8 childen. 1850 census moved to Sugarcreek Twp, Venango Co.
- JOSEPH posted by Linda Saunders on Saturday, November 25, 2000
- am looking for some clue to my grandfather, JOSEPH MCCUTCHEON, born about 1888 in mercer county, pa. married to MANOLA STEWART, of allegheny county, pa. six children: INEZ,WILLIAM,ALYCE,RAYMOND,COLLETTA and ISABEL. later lived in trumbull county, ohio, i believe. MANOLA died about 1927.
- BRODY, STEVE posted by Elizabeth Brody on Saturday, November 25, 2000
- Looking for any info on this family. Were residents of Vandergrift PA-1927 possibly thru 1936. Thomas and Dominic BRODY were my grandparents. They had three children Mary, Catherine and Harry. Located the grave of my grandmother in Vandergrift. Whereabouts of grandfather are unknown. Came across of the name of a Dr Samuel Graham Henderson. He took care of Dominic Brody until her death in 1927 at the age of 34. Can anyone advise me as to how I could get info on her medical history or who would have medical records
- CLARK, GRIER, KEARNS, NORRIS posted by Dave Norris on Tuesday, November 28, 2000
- Westmoreland Co. Deed Book, Volume A, Part 1, page 310 (from Closson Index) describes a land sale in Redstone Settlement along Big Redstone Creek. Where is this? Township? Description says the land is adjacent to properties of Elijah BARTLEY, Joseph BARKER Sr, William NORACE (believe this to be my target William NORRIS), Bruner and John TATE, and Edward ELLIOT. Recorded Apr 6, 1783 - witnesses: John GRIER, Edward HAUL, John CLARK, Thomas GRIER.
I know that William Norris' son, Joseph NORRIS, married Margaret KEARNS/KERNS 4 Sep 1804 in Mt. Pleasant. There are other marriages between GRIER/GREER and KEARNS during the same time period. I also see Mt. Pleasant land records with KERN and GRIER as early as 1774. I understand William NORRIS is mentioned in a 1778 Tax List.
A son of Joseph NORRIS, John NORRIS, later marries Sarah CLARK-said to be daughter of George CLARK-in Wayne Co., OH 25 Sep 1828.
I am trying to establish the presence of William Norris and his family - I'm sure there were other children - in Westmoreland Co. Any leads appreciated. Will gladly pay for copies, postage, etc.
- KELLY posted by Catherine Sherbine on Tuesday, November 28, 2000
- I am looking for family of Gus Kelly. His proper name was either James Augustus or Augustus James. He was born in 1867 in Bolivar, Westmoreland County. His parents were William Kelly (1825-?) and Rosanna McKenna (1828-1918). He was killed on the railroad in the late 1800's or early 1900's. He had a daughter Folsom Kelly. Folsom had a child, Jack Kelly, out of wedlock. Jack Kelly was a dentist in Braddock, Allegheny County. Folsom eventually married a Jewish businessman with the name of Schimer.
- WALTZ posted by Linda Braund on Tuesday, November 28, 2000
- I just recently found out that my great grandfather, John George Waltz, was living in Westmoreland County (Greensburg) for at least a while after he left my great grandmother, Margaret. I am most interested in finding out information on this man and his second family. I'd really like to get my hands on a photograph because it seems that my family did not keep any photos.
John George was the son of Michael J. Waltz & Elizabeth Eichenlaub, who lived in Chest Springs, Cambria County--here's some information on the family:
George M. Waltz (b. 1788; d. 1861) married Catherine Hines (b. 1796; d. 1874) in Germany Their children:
John Waltz (b. 1828 in Germany; d. 1863 in PA)
Catherine Waltz (b. 1830 in Germany; d. 1912 in PA)
Michael J. Waltz (b. 1836 in PA; d. 1908)
George M. Waltz (b. 1837; d. 1920)
Jacob Waltz (b. 1841)
Matilda Waltz (d. 1896)
Michael J. Waltz married Elizabeth Eichenlaub on June 13, 1860 in Altoona, PA
Michael Celestine Waltz
Catherine Cecilia Waltz
John George Waltz - twin (b. 1/26/1864; d. 12/8/1938) --my great grandfather (only he turned out NOT to be so great!!!)
Mary Margaret Waltz - twin
Andrew Joseph Waltz
Ann Elizabeth Waltz
Henry Edwin Waltz
Francis Edward Waltz
John George Waltz married Margaret McGovern on Sept. 19, 1887 at St. Bartholomew Church in Wilmore, PA, Cambria County
Mamertus Augustin Waltz (b. 5/11/1890 in Altoona; d. 4/19/1962 in Reserve Twp, Pgh., PA)--my grandfather
Earl Aloysisu Waltz (b. 6/3/1894 in Altoona)
Catherine Waltz (b. Aug. 1900)
John George then deserted his wife Margaret (my great grandmother) and their chidren and started a second family without ever having divorced Margaret. I have no further info on John George other than what was noted in a family bible. It shows that he had 4 more children in this second family, but did not list his wife's name. (but it is possible that her name was Catherine.) I do not know if they remained in PA or moved elsewhere. Here are the children from the second marrage:
Claire Waltz (she was the oldest, and I think she was born around 1902/1903)
Carl E. Waltz
Harry H. Waltz
John Joseph Waltz
I am most interested in finding out more information on my great grandfather, John George Waltz, and hope to locate that second family. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- LESNER, LESZCZYNSKI posted by Laura Riley on Wednesday, November 29, 2000
- I'm looking for info on the Leszczynski family line. My Great Grandfather was born in Latrobe.
One question about Latrobe is what township is it in?
My G-Grandfather (Leon Carl) was born September 18,1889 in Latrobe Pa. Parents were Stanley Leszczynski married to Caroline Witkowski. I'm not sure if they were married in Pa. or if they were married in Poland.
I do know that at some time the surname was changed to Lesner and Leon Carl moved to Chicago Illinois some time before 1912. I don't know if the whole family moved or just him. So far this branch of my family is very hard to uncover. Any information you can give me would be wonderful.
One other question, where can I write to get a copy of the 1890 census? Or the 1900 census? If anyone could do a lookup for me that would be great!
Look forward to hearing back from you. Thank you for your time.
- MCFADDEN, WALTER posted by Bill Bright on Wednesday, November 29, 2000
- Looking for info on Daniel MCFADDEN born 1804 in Westmoreland Co., Pa. His wife was Margaret WALTER also born in Westmoreland Co., Pa. Daniel and Margaret were married in Wayne Co., Oh in 1830 according to that county's marriage records. I THINK Daniel may have had a brother named Edward whose wife was named Caroline. Daniel and Margaret had four children: Silas, Alfred, Diana (Priest), and William. Any info as to Daniel's parents and/or siblings would be greatly appreciated.
Return to the Archived
Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to Westmoreland County Home Page
(c) Westmoreland County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project