- THORMAN, THOROMAN, THOROUGHMAN, THURMAN, THURRIMAND posted by Phylis Hawker on Sunday, October 1, 2000
- Seeking Charles, Thomas b 1755, William b 1745-1750, Samuel Thurman b 1767 various surnames including Thoroughman. Thomas & Samuel m Esther & Ann Crawford [Oliver Crawford's daughters] William possibly m Dickerson, Charles possibly father. Sons migrated to OH & KY late 1700's. Settled Mason Co KY [possibly Lewis Co KY] & Adams Co OH. Sister Priscilla Thurman [used Thurman] m Thomas Crago lived Gr Co PA. Two other sisters m ___ Redman & John Tomlinson.
- CAU, CAW, COW, COY, HOCKERHAWKER posted by Phylis Hawker on Sunday, October 1, 2000
- Seeking Andrew Hocker b 1768 possibly MD spent some time in PA. m 1798 MD to Susanna COW [CAU,CAW,COY, etc.] migrated to GR CO OH. Private in Zachariah Ferguson's army 1812 possibly in Rev War [or maybe relative] on Muster Rolls 1775-1783 roll box 31[don't know where to find this] d 1850 GR CO OH at age 82
- RIZSVA, RYGIEL, VEVERKA posted by Betty Rygiel on Monday, October 2, 2000
- Looking for info re: Frank Veverka who married Victoria Rizsva abt 1905. He came to the US from Aust-Bohemia either in 1896 or 1903. The couple supervised a Bohemia Club in Irwin; were married there; and first child Frances was born there. There are a lot of Veverkas in and around the Irwin commumity but are not closely related.
It is believed that Frank came to the US alone with only cousins and uncles living here.
Victoria Rizsva (sp) came to the US alone also.
On the 1910 census shows, Frank, Victoria, Frances and Charlie. This is correct. There are 2 more daughters, Anna m George Kuhns, and Mary m Walter Scheurele. Walter is well known around the area because of the band he and his brother played in for many years.
- REESE, THOMAS posted by Colette on Monday, October 2, 2000
- Need any information regarding: John Reese from W. V. Born:3-24-1874 Died: 1940 His mothers maiden name was Taylor. John married Hattie Thomas Born: 9-8-1886 Died: 3-3-1955. Lived in Monessen had three children there: Charles Thomas Reese, Helen Ruth Reese & Bertha Francis Reese. They later moved to Los Ang. Calif around 1910'ish
- ARNOLD posted by Ann Arnold on Monday, October 2, 2000
- I am looking for information about Robert Parks Arnold who died in approximately 1903 Braeburn, Westmoreland, PA. Any assistance is gratefully accepted.
- MOORE posted by Don Moore on Monday, October 2, 2000
- Anyone have a listing for Unity Cemetery in Latrobe? Need tombstone inscriptions for Lucy, Humes and Nancy Moore. Thanks
- MELNICK, MELNIK posted by John Kinsey on Monday, October 2, 2000
- I'm trying to locate information on my Grandfather, named Mitro Melnik or Metro Melnick. He married Ustina Lazur on 2/5/1916. He was born on 10/11/1879 or 10/25/1880 or 11/11/1879 and died on 8/10/1966.
They had the following children: Nicholas, Olga, John, Anne and Joseph.
He was from Austria which is now Poland and I believe Sanok or Wherce.
- EICHER, MCQUIGGAN posted by Diane Rittenberger on Tuesday, October 3, 2000
- I am currenly researching my family tree. Anyone with information on Harrison Clay Eicher from Scottdale who married Nelle Ruth McQuiggan from Dunbar please help. I can be reached via e-mail at email@example.com
- GRAY, SHERBINE posted by Catherine Sherbine on Tuesday, October 3, 2000
- I am looking for information on my husband's ancestors. His great grandfather was William H Sherbine. He was married to Rebecca Maude Gray. Her name may also have been Montana. As far as I know they had 3 children: William Dale Sherbine who married Sara J Daugherty, Burrell "Whitey" Sherbine (1916-1991) who married Margaret Switzer, and Kate Sherbine who married Carl Pellasce. Burrell was born in Jeannette, Westmoreland County. If anyone has connections, please contact me.
- DAUGHERTY, ORR posted by Catherine Sherbine on Tuesday, October 3, 2000
- My husband's grandmother was Sara J Daugherty. Sara married William Dale Sherbine. Sara's parents were William H Daugherty and Ida Mae Orr. (Her mother may have been Lydia.) Sara, along with most of her siblings, if not all of them, were born in Penn Township, Westmoreland County, PA. Sara's siblings were Samuel Daugherty, Hannah Daugherty who married William Back, Genevieve Daugherty, Doris Regina Daugherty, Mary Daugherty, Elsie Daugherty who married Thomas James Guy, Alice Daugherty, Betty Daugherty who married Alvin Welshons and then married Robert Garland, and Edna Daugherty who married William Smail. If anyone has connections, please contact me.
- MONTROSE posted by Marion Kobre on Wednesday, October 4, 2000
- Looking for Marriage or info on One Harry Amos Montrose,lived at North Irwin in 1930s.I belive he married Grandfathers sister?He was born June1,1899 to Harry Elmer and Ida Montrose.
- DERBEY, DERBY, RHOADES, RHODES posted by Chris Morgan on Friday, October 6, 2000
- I am looking for any additional information on Mary Rhodes(b. 1849) who married a James Derby/Derbey(b. about 1843). They had at least two children Harry(b about 1883) and Mabel (b about1889) Mary was born in Westmoreland Co., They are living in Latrobe by 1910. Fannie was a sister of Mary Rhoades. Her real name was Frances. Mother of Mary and Fannie was Margaret/Maggie or Magdalena, who married Jacob Rhoades/Rhodes.
- BARNHART, BERNHARD, BERNHART posted by Chris Morgan on Friday, October 6, 2000
- Looking for additional information on a Thomas Bernhard that married Barbara(b. 1805). They had at least one child named Sara Ann Barbara Bernhard(b. 1831) Any help would greatly be appreciated!!!
- TAYLOR posted by Chris Morgan on Friday, October 6, 2000
- Looking for additional information on Isaac Taylor(b. July 1803, Indiana Co., Pa) that marries Sarah in Westmoreland in 1824 in Unity. They move to McKeesport, Allegheny Co., Pa. But at least 7 of their children are born in Westmoreland, before they move to McKeesport. Children include Johnannes, Maria, Lydia, Melissa, Elizabeth, Rebecca, Francis Marion, Harriet and Sarah Jane. Would like to find who Isaac's father was.
- BAER, BAIR, HEIL, KEPPLE, SCHLEISS posted by Chris Morgan on Friday, October 6, 2000
- Looking for any additional information on a Catherine Baer that might have been a sister to Samuel Baer or the daughter of Samuel Baer. She was born in about 1747.
Also I would like to know if there is any connection between the Kepple, Heil, Schleiss, and Baer Families? They were all witnessing baptisms of Catherine and Michael Leader's children. - in particular Freiderich Schleiff and Anna Maria, Henry Schleiss and Elizabeth, George Kepple and Anna Maria, Jonathan Heyl(Heil) and Margaretha. There is also a Geo Schaffer and Rebecca, and a Freiderich Reiss and Catharine that may be connected with the Leader family or one of the families mentioned above. I would just like to understand any relationships. Thanks
- CLARK posted by Jacqueline Gelly on Sunday, October 8, 2000
- Looking for any information on James Brant Clark b. July 04, 1855 d. October 10, 1919 buried Hillview Cemetary Greensburg Pennsylvania. I am interested in anything you might have!! He is my Great Grandfather. Thank you.
- GIRON posted by Jeff on Sunday, October 8, 2000
- looking for information on giron from alsaceo-lorrain france and desendants that lived in pennsylvannia around the jennette/kittaning area.all names and information would be very helpful
- GEORGE, SOBER posted by Carolyn Frost on Monday, October 9, 2000
- Henry George (1815 - 1877) married Mary Sober (1826 - 1878) in Westmoreland County, PA. I need to know the children of this union so I can definetly tie my Grandfather Jeremiah Brenner George to them. I have heard that there was also a son named Frank D. George. Anyone with any help for me out there? Thanks in advance. Carolyn - firstname.lastname@example.org
- SHAFER, WALTER posted by Virginia Preite on Monday, October 9, 2000
- I am looking for ancestors of Frederick Martin Walter(1848-1928)and Mary Catharine Shafer. I know they had a daughter, Catharine Walter who was born in Scott Haven 20 Oct 1883. She married William Singleton and had 2 daughters, Hazel and Beryl.They moved to Pgh where he was the Supt. of Mines.
- COLE posted by Dean Cox on Tuesday, October 10, 2000
- looking for Jacob Cole born abt 1805 PA wife Christina/Christeen living in Westmoreland County PA in 1850 in Unity Twsp.
- MANGUS, WILE posted by Linda on Wednesday, October 11, 2000
- I am searching for information about Lillian Wile born 18 March 1904 in Bolivar. She married Frank Mangus. Lillian's father could have been Walter Wile. Possible siblings for her are: Sally, Louise, Marie, Helen, Walter, Howard and Earl. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
- DECKER, VERNER posted by Wm. MacKinnon on Friday, October 13, 2000
- Looking for Barbara DECKER, born ~1835, married Eli VERNER(1829-1905) had 4 children - Charles, Amelia, Daniel and Bertha, died ~1915 Irwin, PA. Any family leads would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!
- BISHOP posted by Maxwell Bishop on Sunday, October 15, 2000
- Looking for info on Luncin Bishop. He was believed to be born in NJ, moved to Westmoreland Co., PA about 1800.He had a son named Vincent Bishop. Luncin died about 1825.
- DAINTY posted by Kristin Cobb on Sunday, October 15, 2000
- I have been looking for information on the Dainty's of West Newton. I have started thinking that maybe they changed their name at some point. I am not sure who you are looking for but saw your posting.
- CALDWELL, DICK, SHUPE posted by Jeanette McKinney on Sunday, October 15, 2000
- I am trying to find a O.P. Shupe. I have a copy of a page that came from Souvenir book. Old home week, Mt. Pleasant, Pa July 4-9, 1910. O.P. Shupe was chariman of entertainment. O.P., Shupe, Mt. Pleasant Grain, Flour and Mill Feed. Established in 1845 by Daniel and Issac Shupe. O.P. Shupe m. Sarah Dick, daughter of Capt. William B. Dick and Virginia Jane Caldwell. Sarah had a brother Chalmers L. Dick, which I understand was involved the the Johnstown Flood. I am looking on teh CCaldwell's side of the family, but would like information about the Shupe's.
- CLARK posted by Mrs. P. Green on Tuesday, October 17, 2000
- Would be interested in communicating with anyone researching Clark families living Old Augusta County, Virginia which became Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania during the 1780's--particularly the Charles Clark family listed on the 1790 and 1800 Westmoreland (Franklin Twp) census. Charles was not on any census after 1810 and may have gone to Henry County, Kentucky where Charles Clark Sr and Jr began to appear on the tax lists of that county in about 1804-1805. A Charles Clark (b. abt 1784 in Pennsylvania) eventually settled in Clay County, Indiana may be identical with these Westmoreland County Clarks.
- SHERWOOD posted by Diana Allen on Tuesday, October 17, 2000
- I am looking for information on a Zelotes Sherwood, born abt 1818, son of Samuel Sherwood, b. about 1775 ( maybe 1779). I believe Zelotes married Abigail_______. Possibly Abigail Lutz from Carbon County, PA. Any information is appreciated. Please E-mail me @ Imbizze @aol.com
- FREEMAN, HARTMAN posted by Nancy Hartman on Tuesday, October 17, 2000
- John Hartman born 1804, Pa. md. Mary____. born 1806. is somehow related to George W. Hartman who md. Mary Ann Freeman born 1856 Acme, Pa. md. Greensburg, Pa. , Can any one help out on this family. Nancy Hartman
- CRAWFORD posted by Frank VanTassel on Tuesday, October 17, 2000
- Information wanted on Frederick and Sarah (McDonald) Crawford. Where they resided and where and when they died. Frederick was born abt. 1810 and Sarah abt. 1820. Both were born in Ireland. They had the following children with their approximate year of birth: Elizabeth 1838; John 1844; Sarah 1844; Mary 1846; Margaret Jan. 1846; Sussanah 1848; David 1850; Martha 1856. All children were born in Pa.
The last I have found about this family is that they were residing in Burell Twp., Westmoreland Co.and that in July of 1870 Sarah(22) and Margaret(24) were both school teachers. Since Elizabeth was born 1838 in Pa. this indicates that Fredrick and Sarah had to immigrate to the US before 1838.
- CARMELO, COPONITI posted by Robert House on Wednesday, October 18, 2000
- Looking for a Dominick and Elizabeth Coponiti with 3 children Philip,Mammie and Sam Tony,staying with a Davi Carmelo and his Family they should be on the 1910 or 1920 census. They lived in Scotsdale and Greensburg.
- LANE posted by Pat on Wednesday, October 18, 2000
- My g-grandfather was Reuben Lane b.abt1828 in Uniontown,PA.He d.June 27,1904 in Greensburg,PA.He was married to Catherine Devan b.June 1835 in Uniontown,d.Feb.6,1908 in Greensburg,PA. I am looking for his siblings.Any help would be appreciate..
- BELL, BONNER, DELL posted by Frank Bonner on Wednesday, October 18, 2000
- I'm looking for a Laura Dell (or possibly Laurel Dell, or even maybe Laura or Laurel Bell) who was born in Westmoreland Co. around 1896 or 1897. She married (date unknown) Frank D. Bonner from Washington Co. (he was also born in 1896 or 1897). They moved to the town of Salem, Columbiana Co., Ohio, sometime before 1920. (My father Frank Jr. was born in Salem, OH in 1920.)
- BARKLEY, MYERS posted by Gerald Reel on Wednesday, October 18, 2000
- I would like any information on the parents or siblings of John Henry Barkley (b. 13 Dec 1864 d. 7 Feb 1958) who married Maude Myers.
- ROLEY, ROWLEY posted by Audrey Roley on Thursday, October 19, 2000
- Searching for John Roley/Rowley. He was born 1747=somewhere. If history is accurate, there were no Americans living there that early. First family-wife Margaret-three children-John, Jacob and Ann. Second wife Margaret-children-Robert and Michael. My husband is a descendant of Michael Vance Roley. Please contact if interested.
- HAMILTON posted by Nanci Gerhards on Saturday, October 21, 2000
- I am interested in information about Robert Hamilton b. abt 1740 in N. Ireland d. May 1812 in N. Huntington Twp. His wife's maiden name was Margaret Harris, and their children were: Elizabeth (intermarried with Allen Dunn), John, Mary (intermarried with James McClurg), William, Robert, Margaret, James (intermarried with Elizabeth Monroe), Samuel (intermarried with Mary Cooper), Joseph, Agnes aka Nancy (intermarried with Joseph Monroe), and Andrew. Can anyone tell me the name of the cemetery where Robert and wife Margaret are buried? What is the death date for Margaret? Will share the information I have with anyone who can help me with this family.
- MONROE, TILBROOK posted by Nanci Gerhards on Saturday, October 21, 2000
- I am looking for information about Thomas Monroe b. abt 1768 d. Jun 1828 in Hempfield Twp. and his wife, whose maiden name was Elizabeth Tillbruck (or Tilbrook).Their children were Joseph, Elizabeth, Isabella, James, Jean, Ruth, Thomas and Robert. Does anyone know the names of the parents of either Thomas or Elizabeth? Is Eizabeth related to the Tilbrook family associated with Mars Hill Church? Any information about their descendants would also be appreciated.
- HIGHLAND, HILAND posted by N Schleich on Saturday, October 21, 2000
- Searching for information on William HILAND/HIGHLAND b~1792 Fayette Co Pa. Married Jane McGinty b.~1792 Dublin Ireland. Their son, Robert HILAND b. Westmorland Co Pa 1822. Would like to know township family lived in and any other information available. Many Thanks.
- ZEAKEN posted by Sue Zeaken on Sunday, October 22, 2000
- Looking for death record/obit on Albert Zeaken who died about 1910? Westmoreland area. Buried in St.Mary's Bradenville Cemetary requested no tombstone, church burned down years ago - no records to get. Need death info. Have written to Gault Funeral Home twice--no answers! Please email me with anything you can find. After Alberty died his wife Helen married Stephen Kozo, cannot find year or marriage cert.
- TUMELSON posted by Andy Cummins on Sunday, October 22, 2000
- Thomas Seth Tumelson b Jun 3 1814 in Westmoreland Co Pa. He died Sept 30,1868 in Yale, Jasper Co. Il. looking for information on his family in Pa. Thanks Andy Cummins
- BAKER, BLOSE, EARNEST, RIDENOUR, WALLACE, WALTERS posted by Nancy Fisher on Tuesday, October 24, 2000
- Am seeking any information on the following Earnest Family members.
JACOB EARNEST married MAGDALENA "MARY" SHAFFER
JOHN Earnest poss born in 1827
MARY Earnest married ANDREW BAKER
SARAH Earnest married HENRY RIDENOUR
LYDIA Earnest married WILLIAM WALTERS
MARGARET married JOHN WALLACE
JACOB Earnest Jr.
HETTIE Earnest married OBEDIAH BLOSE.
ALBERT A. Earnest (a mortician)
Also Jacob's nephew SIMON PETER EARNEST, SR. married (1st) MARY KLINGERSCHMIDT (2nd) her sister HANNAH KLINGERSCHMIDT, he was a gunsmith and Simon's son SIMON PETER EARNEST JR.. who became a Physician and Dentist in the Westmoreland County area.
Any information of any kind would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
- HLAD posted by Danyan Collins on Wednesday, October 25, 2000
- Hi, looking for any Hlads from this county. I have a John Hlad and his wife Terressa that possibly moved to this county. Two possible sons are John Hlad and Stephan Hlad that died in this county, from the town of Irwin.
- GAY posted by Bobbi K on Thursday, October 26, 2000
- I am looking for descendants of Edward Gay and Freeman C Gay of the Greensburg area. They were Civil War soldiers.
- FELTON, JOHNSTON, RUGH posted by W B McColly on Thursday, October 26, 2000
- Seeking descendants of Adoline Johnston (b. 9-20-1836) & Wm Felton--lived in New Alex, children James L., Wm, John, Mary Eliz., Adoline, Mack W., Chas., & Edw. James L. m. Fanny Hunnicut. Also descendants of Mary E. Johnston (9-21-1841--10-13-1905) & Jacob Oliver Lowry, whose dau., Stella (b. 1-28-1867), m. Dr. Carrol B. Rugh of New Alex, children Eliz. (b. 6-19-1894), Frank (7-1-1897--4-11-1929), Margery (b. 9-21-1900), & Carrol (b. 7-7-1905). Adoline Johnston & Mary E. Johnston older sisters of my grandmother Margery Moore Johnston McColly (1852-1936). I'm working up a JAMES JOHNSTON/ANNA QUAIL JOHNSTON genealogy and would like updated descendant charts. Will send Wordpad copy to respondents when finished and will deposit a copy in the Ligonier Valley Public Library genealogy collection.
- MACE, THOMAS posted by Pat Thomas Stankiewicz on Saturday, October 28, 2000
- Hunting for Mace,George Harrison Mace and Any Thomases--John Henry Sr. Any help would be very much appreciated.My Grandparents on both sides. Thank you so very much Pat
- BEETHAR posted by Elaine Gregersen on Saturday, October 28, 2000
- looking for information on abraham beether of monessen.
- BYRAM, COLLINS, HOLMES posted by Dee Townsend on Sunday, October 29, 2000
- John Holmes, b abt 1790 Westmoreland Co., believe he marrid Sarah Collins, believer Sarah daughter of Joseph Collins and Abigail Byram. Need to confirm Sarah was John's wife and daughter of Joseph and Abigail. Please e-mail email@example.com
- KOPTYRA posted by Dawn Golda on Sunday, October 29, 2000
- I'm looking for information on my fraternal great-grandparents, John & Julia (Garbera)Koptyra. They lived in Latrobe and passed away in 1942, 1941. Any information on the family would be greatly appreciated.
- ELLIS, GOVORA, HELUSKA posted by Dee Marcheleta on Tuesday, October 31, 2000
- Looking for Mike Govora died Crabtree, PA after July 21, 1931. Got my mother's & father's marriage license and he signed that, but when my dad's brother married January 25, 1933 shows father deceased.
Looking for info on John Ellis (Elias) died 35 or 36 -- buried at Calvary Hill Cemetary, Crabtree, PA
Looking for info on Stephen & Maria Heluska (Haluska) both buried at Calvery Hill Cemetary. this union produced 4 children. Mary, Elizabeth, Rose, & Steve. Got a lot of background on children, but very little on the parents.
- MOORE posted by Karen on Tuesday, October 31, 2000
- Looking for information on the Moore familiy/families that lived in the Chestunut Ridge, Kingston, Latrobe areas in the late (?) 1800's - Specifically, Benjamin married twice, James, Sam, Margaret, Coon, John & Pete...There were 5 other siblings (older) who moved to Nebraska & Decatur, Ill. Benjamin was believed to be born approx. 1825. The parents names are unknown. Benjamin had a son James to 1st wife, & 7 (?) children to second wife.
- MOORE posted by Karen on Tuesday, October 31, 2000
- Looking for information on the Moore familiy/families that lived in the Chestnut Ridge, Kingston, Latrobe areas in the late (?) 1800's - Specifically, Benjamin married twice, James, Sam, Margaret, Coon, John & Pete...There were 5 other siblings (older) who moved to Nebraska & Decatur, Ill. Benjamin was believed to be born approx. 1825. The parents names are unknown. Benjamin had a son James to 1st wife, & 7 (?) children to second wife.
- COOPER, HUNTER, JUNKIN posted by Richard Cooper on Tuesday, October 31, 2000
- Looking for imformation on John Wesley Cooper son of William Cooper and ?Anna Barr. John was married to Sarah Eleanor Hunter the daughter of Robert S Hunter and Nancy Galloway Junkin.
Return to the Archived
Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to Westmoreland County Home Page
(c) Westmoreland County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project