- GRIFFITH, HAER, HARE posted by Diana Smith on Monday, May 1, 2000
- I am looking for any information out there on James Griffith b 1815-1820 m Barbara Ellen Haer (Hare). James d 1870-1880. Supposedly born in Wales, came to Pa. Barbara was possibly the daughter of a plantation owner in W. Va or Md. Married supposedly in Westmoreland Co. Their 7 children were all born in Indiana Co. Thomas St. Clair (my grandfather), Catherine, Elizabeth, Nancy Jane, Sam, Bartholomew & Margaret. I know some about some of their children but absolutely nothing about James and Barbara. Any help would be appreciated.
- SAMPLE, STONEKING posted by Marlene Andre on Monday, May 1, 2000
- Searching for the ancestry of George Washington Sample, born in Pennsylvania about 1814, died May 1902, buried at Fort Martin, Monongalia County West Virginia.
George Washington Sample was married in 1829 to Malinda Stoneking, who was born 1814 in Pennsylvania, and died Jul 15, 1891 and is buried at Fort Martin, Monongalia Co. West Virginia.
Malinda was the Daughter of Adam and Mary Stoneking, who lived in the Dunkard Township area of Pennsylvania. Adam Stoneking's Father is believed to have been Jacob Stoneking born 1766 in Green Co., Pennsylvania. Jacoob died May 13, 1841 and is buried in Bald Hill Cemetery # 1 and a marker is unreadable. Jacob was married in 1787 to ?
Adam Stoneking moved from Green Co. Pennsylvania to Monongalia Co., Virginia between 1820 and 1830.
A Samuel Sample died 1846 and his wife Jane died 1841 in the Dunkard Township area, could they be the Parents of George Washington Sample?
- BIRD, BURD, BUTLER, HARR, HAWK posted by Toya Campana on Monday, May 1, 2000
- Perry Jacob Butler born July 2, 1870 Green Co. 1. 1870 census for Richhill Twp. Greene Co.
name age occupation POB
J R Butler 39 m Carpenter PA
E B 36f PA
Armanda 17f PA
SSB 15m PA
George 12m PA
John 10m PA
William 6m PA
Pery 1/12m PA
(I do not have solid proof this is my Perry)
2. Marriage application
Perry J. Butler to a Laura Harr, dated on January 14 1890 in Youngstown, Westmoreland Co. Pa.
The application reads that they both were residents of Youngstown, parents for Perry are Joseph and Elizabeth, for Laura, Christian and Margaret. (Laura had to have a consent form signed) it states that the place of birth for Perry is Green Co. and Laura is Ligoneer Twp. Westmoreland Co. (do not know if marriage ever took place)
3. 1898 marriage to Maggie Pearl Burd
Maggie Pearl Burd born 1881 died June 11, 1933 Gosser Hill Children from this marriage
Minnie Caroline dob Sept 9, 1899
George dob May 28 1901
Anna (my grandmother) dob Dec 17, 1903, Kingston, Westmoreland Pa.
Howard dob May 7, 1907
Thelma dob Feb 12, 1918
4. 1910 census for Pittsburgh, Allegheny Co.
5. 1920 census for Hyde Park, Allegheny Twp., Westmoreland Co.
6. 1943 Perry died in Leechburg, Allegheny Twp. Westmoreland Co. (Gosser Hill)
Perry Butler was well known as a healer. There is rumor that he was adopted by a Dr. Butler at birth from a Seneca women. This is only believed by part of the family.
- ORANGE, ORING posted by Marjory Austen on Tuesday, May 2, 2000
- I am trying to find the parents of Thomas ORANGE, b. 1793 in Westmoreland Co. He lived and died in Fayette Co. and the only other family by that name is William and Elizabeth GIBSON ORING. They are buried close to where Thomas lived but I can find no documentation that they were related except that Thomas named a son William and a daughter Elizabeth, pretty slim evidence. Can anyone help with this family? Thank you.
- DETWILER, MATHIOT posted by Donald Detwiler on Tuesday, May 2, 2000
- Cassandra Mathiot married Henry Detwiler of Fayette Co., Pa. in Sept, 1831. The marriage did not endure for reasons unknown.
Henry Detwiler purchased a parcel of land in Connellsville from Jacob D. Mathiot in June, 1844 who had purchased it from George Mathiot in 1836.
Are these Mathiots related to the Mathiots of Westmoreland County? If so, would like to hear from anyone with information who would be willing to share
- BAIRD, DETWILER posted by Donald Detwiler on Tuesday, May 2, 2000
- Cynthia BAIRD married John DETWILER of Fayette County, Pa. around 1830. Is Cynthia BAIRD related to the BAIRD's of Westmoreland County? Would like to hear from anyone with knowledge of Cynthia BAIRD and would like to share
- GUMPS, RIMER posted by Mary Wojcik on Wednesday, May 3, 2000
- Have photographs taken by H.E. Rimer, Jeannette, PA. Can anyone tell me what years H.E. Rimer was a photographer in Jeannette. I assume he had a studio. Trying to place date on photos. These photos were of the Gump family.
- DORR, HOWARD, LINT posted by Shirley Todd on Thursday, May 4, 2000
- Re: David Howard, b.12-3-1815,Somerset Cty.,m.in 1837 to Margaret Rebecca Lint [think this is Peggy] on 1850 Ligionier Twp census with family 361/361 Jacob & Catherine Lint. Looking for his parentage as I am of my great great grandfather Abraham H. Howard b. 3-11-1811 who was on 1850 census of Donegal township. Am also seeking info on Abraham's 2nd wife Mary Ann's maiden name.Was it Darr, Dorr, Dorn ? Any info appreciated.
- CUSENBARY, CUSHENBERRY, LINDSAY, ROSS posted by dawn hills on Thursday, May 4, 2000
- I am looking for information about the Cusenbary family who may have lived in Westmoreland County, PA in the late 1700's. One source says that Ann Cusenbary was born 17 May 1774 in Westmoreland, PA. Father was Moses Cusenbary (wide variation in spellings) b bet 1740-1750. The Cusenbary family moved to Limestone, KY abt 1784. There Ann married Vachel Lindsay (also from Westmoreland PA area?) 22 Mar 1792 and sister Mary Cusenbary married his brother, Nicholas.
- ALTMAN, ECK, KUHNS, KUNKLE, SHANER posted by Kathy Walker on Friday, May 5, 2000
- I am searching for information regarding gr. gr. grandparents (W. and M. E.) born in Bavaria. The 1880 census shows them in Adamsburg, Westmoreland Cty., PA and lists them as:
Eck W. 42
E. L. 9
John Wm. 3
E. L. is Edward Eck b. 17 June 1871 d. 10 April 1937. The baptismal I have is in German and I cannot make out the first names of the parents.
Edward married Frances Shaner. They had four daughters (Lila, Mary Jane of PA and Mildred and Nelda of NY) and possibly one son, Bill of NY.
Mary Jane Eck married Samuel Kunkle Altman.
- JOHNS, NOEL, PIERCE, STEFFEY posted by Kathy Walker on Friday, May 5, 2000
- I am searching for information regarding Edward Wm. Steffey b. 16 July 1850, d. 1910-11.
Found in 1880 census in Loyalhanna Twp., Westmoreland Cty., PA
Wife: Mary Catherine Johns Steffey b. 1859
Sarah Jane 1879
James John 1880
William Conrad b. 1883 d. 1942
married Millie Mabel Pierce in Dec. 1905
Fanny Marie b. 1885
Twins: Lewis Calvin & Lee Frances b. 1888
Samuel Frank b. 1890
Mary Elsie Bell b. 1891
Robert Albert b. 1893
Rose Myrtle b. 1898
A possible brother of Edward is: Lloyd
I am interested in exchanging information with anyone connected with this family.
- RICHTER, RICHY, SPAHR, SPAWR posted by Ellen Byrne on Friday, May 5, 2000
- My ancestor Johan Valentine Spawr son of Johan Georg Spahr and Margarita Valentine. Johan Georg son of Johan Georg Spahr and Maria Catrina Kauffman from Germany, 1737 to Lancaster co PA, both d dover twp, York Co PA. Margarita Valentine said to be from chester Co PA Valentine Spawr m Anna Margarita Richter, b ca 1770 Germany, ca 1773 to America, her mother died on the voyage. Her father, Samuel Richter/Richy remarried, Juliana-?. In 1802 he left a lot to his dau in Hempfield twp, Westmoreland co.. His wife Juliana remarried Abraham Gardner and to Armstrong Co Pa. Valentine and Margarita Richter Spawr both died McLean co IL., 1852, 1855. Any clues appreciated...
- SHAFER, SHAFFER posted by Marvin Grooms on Friday, May 5, 2000
- Seeking info on maternal ancestors Jacob Shaffer whose purchase of land in Adams Co. OH May 18, 1809, says he came from Westmoreland Co. PA AND Lewis Shaffer who suddenly appears in 1870 Census in Adams CO. OH with a birthplace of 1803 or 07 in PA. Family members independently use Shafer or Shaffer spelling. Thanks for help.
- ANTES, MCELHOE posted by Wm. DeKinter on Friday, May 5, 2000
- I've traced Mary K. (Antes) MCELHOE/SCHWAB to Stahlstown. She had two children by the second marriage. She died on a farm near Stahlstown. Nothing I can search via internet traces her back to place of birth or her parents. Her maiden name was Mary Katura Antes. Her death certificate was signed by Philip Antes McElhoe. Brother?
Are there County tax records for 1875-1885?
- MOYER, MYERS posted by Sarah Barker on Saturday, May 6, 2000
- John Myers/Moyer of East Huntingdon Township died around 1829 leaving an unnamed widow and the following children:
Abraham Moyer md Elizabeth Urban
Mary "Polly" Myers md Henry Loux
Catherine md (?) Leighty
Does any one have information about this John Myers/Moyer - such as where he came from and who his wife was?
- DARQUENE, RASPILAIR posted by Bickie Raspilair on Sunday, May 7, 2000
- On March 16, 1895, Benjamin Raspilair m Claudia Darquene in Pittsburgh. Family records show that they lived in Jeannette. Benjamin came from France to US in early 1889 to work in glass factory as glass blower. Can anyone tell me the history of French/Bengin glass blowers in glass factory in Jeannette or Pittsburgh?
- JOHNS, NOEL, PIERCE posted by Kathy Walker on Sunday, May 7, 2000
- I am searching for information about the illusive Joseph (Job) Pierce/Pearce. He was born in NJ. Moved to PA.
His son, Jeremiah Workman Pierce was born in PA in 1833. Jeremiah married Elizabeth "Lizzie" Johns b. 1844.
They had ten children:
John Henry b. 1855
Jeremiah S. (aka James Sylvester) b. 1860 in Allegheny Cty.
Margaret "Maggie" b. 1869
James b. 1872
Joseph b. 1874
Hannah Myrtle b. August, 1877
Thomas b. August 1879
Robert C. b. January 1892
George Oscar b. August 1884
Lula A. b. 13 January 1888
If you are connected with this family, I would like to exchange information!
- BROZACK posted by Wendy on Sunday, May 7, 2000
- BROZACK, Mary had sister Cathrine Brozack. I am search for any info on Cathrine BROZACK. Cathrine left the family & disappeared. birth date for Cathrine is not known, but her sis Mary was born 1909 Pittsburgh Pa. Cathrine & Mary's father's name was Peter Brozack and mother Anna Pogacic. They had a house in Irwin, PA. Can anyone help out? Thank you in advance.
- STOUGH posted by Debby Martz on Monday, May 8, 2000
- Looking for connections to James F Stough b 1968 d 1935 who married Margaret E. (maiden not known) They lived in the Manor/Jeannette area. They had a daughter named Iona Mae (my paternal grandmother) who married Jesse Crescenzo.
- CHERRY posted by Barry Faulkner on Monday, May 8, 2000
- Looking for any information on CHERRY family members living in Westmoreland Co.PA. from abt. 1760 to 1850. I understand this was area of Old Redstone Fort and was claimed by VA as Augusta Co., as well as by PA. Family of Thomas CHERRY JR. of old Frederick Co.VA. w/ wife and some children settled here temporarily before locating at Mt. Pleasant twp in 1784 in what is now Washington Co. PA. Thomas had brother Ralph CHERRY who also came here and owned property yet in 1798, as mentioned in another's will in that year. Any info on family members in Westmoreland locality would be appreciated.
- BEAMER, GEORGE posted by Beth Caporali on Monday, May 8, 2000
- Seeking parents of Margaret J. GEORGE, b.1857, Westmoreland Co., d. 1893 m. c. 1881 William Colleger Beamer (1858-1931). Children: Francis Herman; Jeannette m. SCOTT; Arthur; Anna Belle m. HATLEY; Ruth m. GEORGE. Haven't been able to track down Margaret's parents and would truly appreciate any info. Willing to share info on descendants. (Margaret was W.C. Beamer's first wife)
- MILLER, VOLLMAN, VOLLMANN posted by Sandra Yorkell-Parker on Monday, May 8, 2000
- Dear friends, I am looking for descendants of Marie Vollman(n) and George Miller. If someone out ther can help me I would greatly appreciate it. I do know thaty had at least three children , one was my grandfather George Miller born in 1899, There was a daughter born about 1896 and another son born about 1906. If ther is anyone out there that knows of this family I would greatl like to hear from you. Thank you for your help in this matter.
- COONCE, COONSE, KUNTZ, KUNZ posted by Jim Coonce on Tuesday, May 9, 2000
- I am seeking info on Nicholas Coonce (with various spellings) b.PA abt.1769. Father was a Nicholas Coonce and he had 2 brothers, Jacob and John who also came to MO. Marriage record in MO. says he lived in Huntingdon and Westmoreland prior 1790. All 3 brothers came to St.Charles,MO in 1790's. They married into McConnell, Bell, Schultz and Klingensmith families, also from PA. Thanks
- DEVINENY, KOONTZ posted by Gwen Sutton on Tuesday, May 9, 2000
- I am searching for information on My Grandparents Viola C. Koontz b. 3/5/1891 and Harry W. DeVinney b. 2/28/1891. Viola & Harry got married on 6/21/1919. Harry grew up in Indiana and Vandergrift, PA. Harry was a U.S. Marine. Viola was born in Washington, Dc and moved to the Vandergrift area after getting married. Viola was a nurse in PA. Harry & Viola moved to Washington, DC around 1930 (?). Harry and Viola Raised a little girl named Margaret Jane. Harry and Viola was not her birth parents. I am trying to find out where they got Margaret Jane from. Who was Margaret Janes birth parents?
- HOOD posted by Nancy Kanatzar on Wednesday, May 10, 2000
- Looking for any info on HOOD's of Westmoreland County. My gg-grandfather was JAMES H. HOOD b. abt. 1811-1813 in Pa., wife HANNAH, children as follows:
CHARLES b. abt. 1840
MARTHA b. 1845 (my g-grandmother, married name SKINNER)
SILAS W. b. abt. 1846
PERRY b. abt. 1848
JAMES b. abt. 1852
SAMUEL b. abt. 1866
Have found them in the 1850 and 1880 Westmoreland County census. Cannot find anything else.
- TAYLOR posted by Ross Eyer on Wednesday, May 10, 2000
- Seeking any information on HARRY TAYLOR, son of J. and Mary E. Taylor. ( Mary E. had the maiden name of Eshelman.) HARRY TAYLOR was born in the Scottdale area of Westmoreland Co. in app. 1880. HARRY had 2 sisters, Cora (b.1876) and Myrtle(b.?). (Their mother, Mary E. Taylor, died in 1883.) Cora married Walter Smith and resided in Mt. Pleasant in the 1900's. Myrtle married Walter Richter and may have continued to live in Scottdale in the 1900's. Any information that can be sent to us on HARRY TAYLOR will be greatly appreciated. (Any information on the other members of this TAYLOR family will also be welcomed.)
- OKANE, OKEANE, OKEENE posted by Sharon on Thursday, May 11, 2000
- Looking for information on my ggrannys [MARY ANN JOYCE nee O'KEANE/O'KANE/O'KEENE brother WILLIAM JETTRUDE O'KANE/O'KEENE/O'KEANE....married to LAURA UK...br 28 June 1872 died August 1 1939 burial Jeannette Pa..family Catholic...Wms parents were Patrick and Maria O'Keane/O'Keene/O'Kane...Wms DC says that his parents were from England..Wm's mother died in 1880 Rochester Pa and he and his other siblings Mary Ann, Margaret, John and Frank were placed in St Pauls Orphanage in Pittsburg ...His father Patrick was a tailor in Rochester and died in 1884 From what I can remeber Wm and Laura had 3 daughters and he worked in a glass factory in Jeanette....Would like to find out where Wm and Laura are buried and names of daughters and their familys if possible...have some correct info to anyone of his family that might be starting to doing family history on Wm...have info re his parents and his 2 sisters..none on his bros...
- GATTO posted by Gwen Sutton on Thursday, May 11, 2000
- I am looking for information on Antonio Gatto. His wife passed away on April 13, 1923 at the age of 40. His wife might be burried in St. Gertrude's Cemetary. I am trying to find out the cause of his wifes death. They had six children together. What happend to the children? They lived in Vandergrift, PA.
- FRISHKORN, WOODFIELD posted by Shannon Parker on Thursday, May 11, 2000
- Please query for the surnames, Frishkorn, or Woodfield
- MUFFLEY posted by Gary Muffley on Friday, May 12, 2000
- Seeking the surname of the wife of John Jacob Muffley b. April 16, 1784 in Washington Twp., Westmoreland Co. PA. Her name was Elizabeth, b. December 27, 1784, d. October 22, 1875. As a widow, she & the kids left St. James Church at Salina, which was too far from home, & she was one of 27 founders in 1861 of the Pine Run Church at North Washington in Westmoreland Co. She & several other Muffleys are buried there.
- HAMIL posted by David Porter on Friday, May 12, 2000
- Looking for any information about Hannah Hamil of Westmoreland Co. who married Samuel McBride, probably around 1800. McBride lived in Washington County in the 1770s-late 1790s, then moved to Mercer Co. (future Lawrence Co.). It was his second marriage and they had two daughters, Lydia and Eliza.
- DESSENT posted by Laura Gatto on Friday, May 12, 2000
- I am looking for information on the Dessent surname from Belle Vernon. These are the following names that I have. Joseph Francis Dessent married to Ruth Ann Davidson, son Joseph Edmund Dessent Sr. married Mary Cecilia Shepard, their son Joseph Edmund Dessent Jr. married & divorced three times or more. Any information on these individuals would be greatly greatly appreciated!!!
- BRANT posted by Dale Emmel on Friday, May 12, 2000
- Looking for John Henry Brant, b.1830-1840, d. Unknown but buried near Latrobe, according to note on back of portrait. Sons:Joseph Henry (my g'father b. 1877, d. 1955), Daniel and Jesse, Dtr:Clara B. Walker. Maybe other children. Obit of Joseph said Daniel and Jesse were living in Hillside. Clara died 1956 in Gasport, NY.
- BLACKBURN, HENDRICKSON posted by Gladys Kossol on Sunday, May 14, 2000
- Looking for descendants of Edward Hendrickson, born 1873, possibly in Gibsonton, PA; died 1941 in Belle Vernon. His brothers and sisters included Jessie Boyer, Melissa McFall, Nan Miller, Floyd Hendrickson, Charles Hendrickson, Alfred Hendrickson. Edward�s parents came from Sweden. Married to Susan Blackburn, born 1883 in West Newton or Smithton, PA; died in 1942. Susan had a sister Sadie Franks, and a brother George Blackburn of Latrobe, PA. Susan�s parents came from England. Interested in descendants of, or information about, any of these people.
- MCMILLEN, OGDEN posted by Lois Simon on Monday, May 15, 2000
- Does anyone have any information on Jane Ogden McMillen(McMullen) from Fairfield Twp. She was born around 1790 but can't find what her fathers name was or the names of her siblings. She is listed as a widow in 1830,1840 and 1850 Census for Ligonier, PA. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
- FRUE, TWIGGER posted by Mike T on Tuesday, May 16, 2000
- Looking for any information about: Twigger famiy that moved to Kittanning from Irwin, PA. There were two brothers, Harry and Clarence Twigger
Clarence married Maude E. Dickey. He died in 1945.
Harry was born July 2nd, 1877. d. 1917 railroad accident. Harry married Viola Frue (b. December 17th, 1878) They had seven children. Clarence, Mary, Ruth, Harry, Alberta, James and John.
- MCINTIRE, MCINTYRE, STEIN, STINE posted by Anne Storey on Wednesday, May 17, 2000
- Searching for my great grandfather Delbert Clinton McIntire (called "Bert"), born in West Virginia about 1879 moved to Latrobe, PA where he married Mintie Stine. Their children: Mildred Pearl (1902-1972) married Watson Storey; Clarence McIntire (1904-1933) married Ruth Bates, Margaret E. (1907-1987) married Paul William Clark, Joseph Andrew (1911-1957). Delbert's mother was Sara who in later life lived in Mechesneytown, as did Delbert's sister Minnie, who was married to George Gephart of Mechesneytown. Who were Delbert's parents? Will share any information gladly.
- SHARP, STOREY posted by Anne Storey on Wednesday, May 17, 2000
- My great grandfather James Watson Storey (b 1866 West Pelton, County Durham, England) settled in Irwin, Westmoreland Co. and married Ellen "Nellie" Sharp in June 1889. She was born 1871 in Thorn Hill, England. Will gladly share more information on James Watson Storey's origins, but lack information on Nellie, except that she probably spent her later years with relatives named Wesley and Beatrice Sharp, perhaps in Virginia. Grateful for any assistance.
- DOWNING, GILCHRIST posted by Mike Gordon on Thursday, May 18, 2000
- I'm looking for information on the family of my Gx5grandparents Robert Gilchrist and Ann ? They are the parents of 2 children that I know of: 1.) Ann Gilchrist b: 1774 Westmoreland Cty., Pa. d: Mar. 18, 1883 m. Abt. 1795 to James Downing.
2.) Margaret Gilchrist b: ? d: ? m. ? to William Downing (brother of James). Any information is welcome.
- CHILLCOTT, ORR posted by Sandy on Thursday, May 18, 2000
- I am looking for information on William Orr and Florence Duretha Chillcot. They had five children in Plum Twsp,Pa. Samuel C., William, Sue, Helen,"Butch". The only thing that I know for sure is that Samuel C. Orr was born 7-25-39. zi know that Florence Duretha Chillcot's mother was Zelda Chillcot. Can anyone help me? Thank you Sandy
- LONGENECKER posted by Marge on Thursday, May 18, 2000
- Am searching for information on the Longenecker family (and there are many spelling variations). I have a Pittsburgh Press news article dated 11/28/45 describing Herbert E. Longenecker who was named dean of research at the University of Pittsburgh in 1944. Many of the Longenecker's in my family are from the West Newton/Sutersville area in Westmoreland County. Can anyone suggest who Herbert's parents might be? My great-grandparents were Elijah and Rebecca (Barron) Longenecker.
- CHUEY, UHRIN posted by Kathy Kelly on Friday, May 19, 2000
- My father-in-law was born in Westmoreland County. I am interested in obtaining eny information about his family. His father was Martin Chuey and his mother was Elizabeth Uhrin Chuey. Thank you for your help!
- BOWMAN, HOAK, TROUT posted by Pat Mayo on Friday, May 19, 2000
- I'm searching for decendents of John Hoak and Susanna Truxal also John Calvin Hoak and Olive Belle Gramwich. William Henry Trout and Sarah M. Kepple.
John Bowman and Lethaney Virginia Rager.
- SONDLES posted by Mark Sondles on Friday, May 19, 2000
- I need information on the Sondles family in Westmoreland County. In Greensburg and elsewhere. John, Christopher, David, George & Robert are some of the patriachs.
- BAIRD, CORVI posted by Louis Corvi on Friday, May 19, 2000
- LOOKING FOR INFO ON THESE NAMES ESPECIALLY CORVI.
- MCCALEB posted by Carolyn Myers on Saturday, May 20, 2000
- Looking for more info.on SALLIE McCALEB and her mother and father,,, Thanks
- SCHNEIDER, SCNEDER posted by JoAnn Cupp on Saturday, May 20, 2000
- Looking for descendants of a SCNEDER/SCHNEIDER family that settled in Hempfield Twp., Westmoreland Co. in the late 1700s. They came from Berks County,PA where the father may have died. The mother was Dorothy Miller SCHNEDER who died February 9, 1823 at the age of 77. She had 15 children, 85 grandchildren and 12 great grandchildren at the time of her death. Husbands name may have been Peter.
- KAYLOR, MAIER, MATHIAS, MAY, MYERS, SLONECKER, STORM posted by Dolores Kaylor on Sunday, May 21, 2000
- I am looking for a Homer Myers that lived in Unity twp. in the 1920s
- IRVIN, SHAW posted by Jan Rohrs on Monday, May 22, 2000
- Seek parents of John IRVIN and his wife Ann Hunter SHAW. John IRVIN born PA about 1812, lived Washington Tnp, Westmoreland County, died 29 April 1858, buried Presbyterian Church cemetery, Delmont, PA. He married 5 Feb 1833, Ann Hunter SHAW, dau. of Alexander SHAW of Salem Tnp. Westmoreland Co. PA. She was born about 1814, died 30 Jan 1887, Worth Tnp, Butler Co. PA. Children all born Westmoreland County between 1835 and 1853 were: Matilda, William W., Mary E., Margaret C., Sarah Ann(e), John S., Ella, and Alexander Culberson. Any assistance appreciated. Will share information on children.
- LARIMER, MORRISON posted by Gwendolyn Bailey on Tuesday, May 23, 2000
- Looking for information on Wesley Morrison and his wife Mary Larimer. Supposedly, Wesley was killed in a railroad accident, and his wife died at a young age leaving four children orphaned. Emma Jane Morrison Dorsey Morrison Ed Morrison Nora Morrison They were raised by different families. Emma Jane was raised by ? Larimer Don't know about the others. I think the name of Montague is in some way associated. Any help would be appreciated.
- AMBROSE posted by Michael Haberman on Tuesday, May 23, 2000
- Looking for info on parents, brothers, & sisters of Louisa/Luisa Ambrose of Ligonier Twp, Westmoreland Co, Pa. She was b abt 1818, d 1849, mar Ludwig Bachmann (Louis/Lewis Baughman) in 1838. He was from Hempfield Twp.
- ELLIOTT, HOUSEMAN, THOMPSON posted by Sue Gillfillan on Tuesday, May 23, 2000
- I am looking for any combinations of these names together through marriage. If anyone knows of any Houseman that married a Thompson or Elliott: I'd appreciate the input. I've seen Houseman's and Elliott's listed near each other in the census of Rostraver Township in Westmoreland County, but, have been unable to make connections. Thanks for any assistance. Sue
- GARDNER, GOFF, WOODS posted by Mike Thompson on Wednesday, May 24, 2000
- Any info on Martha Woods Gardner born Westmoreland Co.,Pa. Aug.12,1813.She was a sister of General Isaac S. Gardner. Martha married Job S. Goff at Uniontown,Pa. March 15,1830. Family was in Bellefontaine,Logan Co.,Ohio by 1836 where Martha died and is buried on June 15,1892...Thank You
- ARNOLD posted by Ann Arnold on Thursday, May 25, 2000
- I am looking for information on Andrew Arnold (probably born late 1700's). He held the rank of Major and was married to Isabella Parks (born 1790). I am also interested in finding out some history of Arnold, PA. Any assistance is gratefully accepted.
- FRY posted by Michael Haberman on Thursday, May 25, 2000
- Seeking info on family (wife, parents, brothers, sisters) of Laurence Fry (also possibly as Lorenz Frey). He died before 1845, probably in Hempfield Twp, Westmoreland Co, Pa; date & place of birth unknown (b possibly abt 1767). Known children were: John (raised by Jacob Buergy), Andrew, & Margaret (Peggy), who married Christian Sendorf (also as Sindorf, Zindorf, Zinndorff) in 1824.
- TOMLINSON posted by Allan Tomlinson on Thursday, May 25, 2000
- NATHANIEL TOMLINSON lived in Westmoreland Co. from about 1805 to 1820. He left for Pulaski Co., TN. Believe he had sons Thomas and James living in nearby Fayette Co. Any leads would be appreciated.
- MOSEBAY, SELLERS, WATSON posted by Judith Heald on Saturday, May 27, 2000
- Adda Mae WATSON (b. 1867, prob Centre Co, PA) married Robert MOSEBAY. Adda Mae is daughter os George Miller WATSON and Elizabeth RIDER. (George is son of Joseph WATSON and Mary Ann SELLERS). Believe Robert MOSEBAY may be African American and may have been from Westmoreland County area. Any leads much appreciated!
- DUCOEUR posted by Florence Bills on Saturday, May 27, 2000
- Helping person in Belgium search for family near Springdale, PA, Joseph and Mathilde Ducoeur came to PA l878/l880 with two daughters, Charlotte and Firmine. Thank you.
- ANDERSON posted by Gwendolyn Bailey on Monday, May 29, 2000
- Looking for the parents of William Anderson born Oct 10, 1819. His first wife was Ann Grove and his second wife was my ancestor Catherine Ross. They were from the Stahlstown area. I think his fathers name was George but cannot be sure. There is a story in the famiy that William was captured by the indians in his youth and that it is written up somewhere. Any information would be deeply appreciated.
- ESSICK, LONG, MURRAY posted by Donna Allen on Monday, May 29, 2000
- I have just learned that the Jacob's Creek Baptist Church (German Baptist) that operated around 1863 is (was located near Mt. Pleasant in Westmoreland County. Does anyone have any info about the church. Is it still around? Is there a cemetery? My ancestor, William Murray, was an elder at the church in 1863.
- SPEELMAN, SPEILMAN, SPIELMAN posted by Jack Speelman on Monday, May 29, 2000
- I am looking for an obituary on FREDERICK SPEELMAN who was hit by a train in Salem Twp> in 1902 or 1903...he is a Civil War veteran and is Buried at the Union Cemetary in West Alexandria
- EDMERSON, EDMONSON, MINICKS, RAGEN posted by Keith Bockes on Tuesday, May 30, 2000
- Looking for info John Henry Minicks b 9/3/1865 Rosa Edmerson b 3/26/1871 Catherine Ragen b 5/5/1831 Any others with these surnames. Thanks
- ALTMAN posted by Margie Myers on Tuesday, May 30, 2000
- I am searching for information on the descendents of John Peter (Black) Altman who married a Sophia. He supposedly died in Hempfield Twp. in Westmoreland County after 1796.
- GATTO posted by Gwen Sutton on Tuesday, May 30, 2000
- I am looking for information on Maria Gatto who died at the age of 42 on April 12, 1923 and is buried in St. Gertrudes cemetery. Her husband was Paul Gatto.
- MATHIAS posted by Brian Mathias on Wednesday, May 31, 2000
- I am looking for descendants of HENRY ANDREW MATHIAS. He was born in Germany and settled in Somerset Co. Pa. He served in The Fighting 54th Regiment during the Civil War. On 23 Jan 1859 he married ANNA ELIZABETH COOK 1842 - bef 1905, daughter of ADAM COOK and ELIZABETH SHOEMAKER. He moved to Westmoreland County in March of 1879 and lived in Stauffer Station which later became what is now Bridgeport. his children are; ADAM 1860 -1873; GEORGE HENRY 1862 - 1936; REBECCA AGNES (DAVIS) 1866 - 1919; MARY ELIZABETH (Simmons - Lee - Abbott) 1863 - abt 1920 ; JOHN LAWRENCE 1873 - 1935; FREDRICK S. 1877 - 1952; DANIEL HUNT 1870 - 1947; CHARLES ARTHUR 1881 - 1950; WILLIAM P. 1867 - 1950. In 1883 his wife Anna Cook Mathias had an affair with a man named Charles Miller which produced a child named ALBRECHT "ALBERT" L. MATHIAS 1883 - bef 1950. Anna claimed that this child belonged to Henry.
- CAMPBELL posted by Beth Lynn on Wednesday, May 31, 2000
- Am looking for any info on Benjamin Campbell, deceased about 1899 to 1903. He had two sons Ross and William. William was my grandfather and he was born in Latrobe, PA on February 24, 1893. Benjamin's wife's name was Elizabeth or Mary Elizabeth. He waas a railroader and died in a railroad accident. Really need to find family history for medical reasons. Can anyone help?
- KETTERING, LARIMER posted by Daniel Kettering on Wednesday, May 31, 2000
- I am looking for any Kettering Larimer information specifically Robert Kettering John Kettering and the wife of Robert Lulu Larmer
Return to the Archived
Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to Westmoreland County Home Page
(c) Westmoreland County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project