- BASHORE, CLEMENS, HARTMAN, HENDERSON, HIGHBARGER posted by Lois Osborn on Wednesday, December 1, 1999
- I am looking for information on Uriah Henderson Sr from Fayette County who married Eliza(beth) Hart(man). I think they lived near Dunbar. Sons Samuel, Uriah Jr and Alexander married into the families of Bashore, Highbarger, and Clemens. The Hendersons leave the Fayette Co area and come to Illinois around 1854. Any information about this line would be appreciated..
- KESTNER, PATTERSON, RAGER, REAGER, SACHSE posted by E Rosok on Thursday, December 2, 1999
- Researching these Westmoreland county family members:
George Herbert KESTNER, b 1902 Millwood, PA
Alfred Armstong KESTNER, b 1868, Derry, PA, d 1945 Millwood
Anna Katherine (REAGER) KESTNER, d 1950 Millwood, PA
Joseph Stuart PATTERSON, d 1956 Latrobe, PA
Johann (John) KESTNER, d 1878 Derry, PA
Wilhelmina (SACHSE) KESTNER, d 1903 Millwood, PA
Johann Christian SACHSE, d 1874 Derry, PA
Michael REAGER (RAGER), d 1924 Millwood, PA
Where is Millwood? All my family records say "Millwood, Westmoreland, PA." Can we share family info?
- DARLIN, DERLIN, DERLING, DIRLING, DUNBAR, DURLIN, DURLING posted by Edwin Broadus on Friday, December 3, 1999
- Who were the wife and children of Robert DUNBAR who lived in Westmoreland Co., Hempfield Township, in 1830? At the time he was between 70 and 80 years of age..
- HASLETT posted by Bob Haslett on Friday, December 3, 1999
- Hunting for information on the surname Haslett. William Henry Haslett married Mary D Bowers b1864. They had 4 boys John b1887,Ira, Francis bJune 18 1890 in New Florence Pa,Westmoreland Co. Warner b1893. Francis married Minerva Heinbaugh in 1909 and had 3 boys Robert b13Dec1911,Melvin b11Jul1913,both born in Johnstown Pa.and Warner b17Aug1917 in Harrisburg,Pa. Mary,John,Francis and Warner shows on the 1900 and 1910 census for Cambria Co.
- DENNISON, WILLEY posted by Maxine on Friday, December 3, 1999
- I don't know if my ancestors were from Westmoreland County PA, but they were from Pennsylvania. My gr grandfather had a brother named Benton. I know it isn't the one you spoke of, but I found it interesting with the name Benton. He also had a brother named Thomas. Their parents were John Beaver Dennison and Mary Catharine Willey. John was born near Harrisburg PA I think. I'd be happy to share what info I have if you think there is any connection..
- CROSBY posted by Diane Newton on Friday, December 3, 1999
- Searching for all Crosby's and their descendants in the Westmoreland County area. The Crosby family came from York Co. abt 1800, to Somerset Co., abt 1830 and on to Westmoreland County abt 1880. So far I have found descendants in Hempfield Twp., E Huntingdon Twp., Mt Pleasant Twp and Greensburg Boro..
- PAYLOR posted by Billy Paylor on Friday, December 3, 1999
- I am looking for information on John and Marie Paylor. He is supposed to have come from Germany. He had at least one son. His name was James Paylor born in Baltimore Md. around 1890. Please help with any information about this family if you are connected.
- FENTON, PORTER posted by Betty Fenton Valentine on Saturday, December 4, 1999
- information on john fenton born 1802 westmoreland co. pa. married amy porter born 1801 in va. would like information on parents and brothers or sisters. have information to share..
- JONES posted by William Watkins on Saturday, December 4, 1999
- Looking for information on Reese Jones and his wife Marry Ann of Calumet and Mammoth, Westmoreland Co. around 1890. When did they die and where are they burried?
- COCHRAN, MOORE, STARK posted by JoAnn Cupp on Sunday, December 5, 1999
- Seeking parents and descendants of John P. MOORE (b June 1852, d 1912) married Margaret Ann COCHRAN d/o John Wallace and Mary Christy COCHRAN. The Cochran's lived on Thorn Run, Salem Twp., Westmoreland Co., PA. John and Margaret Cochran MOORE had 2 children that I know of: Ellen m William STARK John M. MOORE married Emma J. Keenan
- PRATT, ZETHNER posted by Carol Maizel on Sunday, December 5, 1999
- Seeking information about Westmoreland county census records for the year of 1890. I heard that they were all burned up in a fire. Is this true? ALL OF THEM ???? Thanks for any information. Have lost my Grandfather and cannot find him!!!.
- WOLF posted by Julie on Monday, December 6, 1999
- I found a family in the 1850 Westmoreland co, salem township census a family headed by David Wolf who was 35 at that time. His wife's name is hard to read, but starts with an E. Their children are John, Maud, E___ & David. I have been looking for Maud Wolf. It's possible that this may be her as the years can work out, and perhaps the names of her siblings which I have been given are not entirely correct. If she's not the same person, perhaps she is a cousin to this family. If you recognize the name, please let me know. Her siblings are- James, David, George & Joseph. All of the children were born from c 1840 - 1850. Thank you
- MEREDITH posted by Don Fehlings on Monday, December 6, 1999
- Seeking info on William T. Meredith, b. Feb 1836, Fayette Co., PA; d. aft. 1900, prob. Westmoreland Co., PA. Married to Sarah b. Oct 1869. Had four sons named Stanley (b. Mar 1887), Fraker (b. Apr 1889), McKinley (b. Jun 1892) and Dalzell (b. Mar 1898) all in PA. Info from 1900 U. S. Census of Westmoreland Co. All lived for a time at Ligonier. William served in the Union Army during the Civil War. I have extensive information on William's ancestry. Will exchange information. Please contact by e-mail message at Dfehlings@aol.com.
- COYLE, FOSTER, MCDERMOTT, YOCKEY posted by Steve Mcdermott on Monday, December 6, 1999
- I have an ancestor named Ida yockey, who I beleive, lived in the part of westmorland co. that becam armstrong co. She married Mathew (william?) McDermott. They had a son James Paul McDermott born in the 1870's. my mother insists that Ida Yockey is buried "in a big cemetary on a hill outside Kitanning" Everything around kitanning is on a hill!.
- BEAR, CAVENDER, DENNISON, ROWE posted by Beth Rice on Tuesday, December 7, 1999
- I am searching for information about Abigail Rowe,b. PA c. 1802, m. Jacob Bear, cooper and Mennonite. Resided with family in South Huntingdon Twp. Westmoreland Co., PA. Need all vital records for Abigail: Parents, siblings, birth and death dates, when married, where buried. Any help appreciated. Will share Bear info..
- HULL posted by Marilynn Wienke on Tuesday, December 7, 1999
- George C Hull lived at 339 5 Ave, Pittsburg(sic), Allegheny Co. In 1903 he owned a 9 room flat in Latrobe, Westmoreland Co, that he rented out. On January 22, 1903 he won 1st prize, hind quarter, for a shooting match at the Latrobe Rod and Gun Club. He spent a lot of time in Latrobe on business. He had a wife who I think was Clara Mae Kinkaid who died in 1905 and is buried in the Union Cemetery, New Alexandria, Westmoreland Co. She has a very large marker with a George C Hull on it with no dates. If this is the same George I'm looking for, he would have been born 1858 in Burrell Twp., Westmoreland Co. He may have been the Uncle to John Earl Hull who died on Sept 5, 1905 as the result of a fight with a fruit peddler in Pittsburgh. John E was married to the daughter of Alexander Wallace, the Supt. of Police, 1905, for Pittsburgh. John E is buried in the Homewood Cemetery, Pittsburgh. He had two daughters. I need the name of John's wife and two daughters and any information on George I can find. I do have additional information on the Hull family.
- MCDERMOTT, YOCKEY posted by Janet Warter on Wednesday, December 8, 1999
- There was an Adelaide Yockey, b. about 1858 in Armstrong Co, who married a McDermott, first name not known. This is probably your Ida. She would have been the 8th of 11 children of Peter Yockey (1805-1880), born & died near Craigsville, and second wife, Catherine Meyers (abt 1816-1892). Peter also had 6 children by a first wife, Margaret Pence (d. 1836 or 1837). Catherine Meyers Yockey died in W. Franklin Twp., Armstrong Co., PA. This branch of the Yockey family descends from Abraham Yockey (abt 1750?, Northampton Co., died Armstrong Co.) & Maria Margareth Allimang (1766-abt 1782), who lived in Westmoreland Co. before moving to Armstrong Co. after 1800. Their son Christian Yockey (1783-?) was born in Westmoreland Co. His wife was Elizabeth (?-1869). I believe Peter Yockey was the oldest son of this Christian & Elizabeth. The Yockey family came to Westmoreland Co. about 1773. Ancesor of this clan was Christian Yockey (Jagi/Jaggi) who came from Switzerland in 1737. His other sons, beside Abraham, were Christian, Jr. and Peter. There were several daughters. See my gedcom on the rootsweb "genconnect" site for more details..
- DONNELL posted by Rhonda Monks on Thursday, December 9, 1999
- Looking for information on Rebecca Donnell. b.1835 and Margaret Caroline Donnell b. 1846 d. 1876 of now Upper Burrell Twp. Back then it was Allegheny Twp. and then became Burrell Twp. Westmoreland Co., PA. They were the daughters of Mathew Donnell/Donely and his wife, Rebecca Eckles. I can't find any information on them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
- COOLEY, DONNELL, STEELE posted by Rhonda Monks on Thursday, December 9, 1999
- Looking for any information on the descendants of John Eckles Donnell of Westmoreland and Allegheny Cos., PA. His first wife was Sarah Jane Steele and their children were 1. John Steele Donnell 2. Rebecca J. Donnell 3. Nancy E. Donnell 4. George B. McClelland Donnell and 5. Sarah Bell Donnell. His second wife was Matilda Cooley and their children were 1. Joseph Cooley Donnell 2. Samuel Frank Donnell and 3. Edgar Leo Donnell. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.
- DINSMORE, DONNELL posted by Rhonda Monks on Thursday, December 9, 1999
- Looking for any information on the descendants of Hugh M. Donnell and his wife, Mary Dinsmore of Westmoreland Co. and Plum Twp., Allegheny Co., PA. Their children were 1. Emma 2. Robert and 3. Rebecca. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks..
- WELSHONCE, WELSHONS, WELSHONSE, WELSHONTS posted by Diane Apker on Friday, December 10, 1999
- Looking for any leads to these surnames. First names include John, Mathias, Michael,Henry ,George.Trying to locate parents of the family that moved into this area around 1800..
- FULMER posted by Harrold Black on Friday, December 10, 1999
- Research Daniel Fulmer b. 1849 who married Ella henderson b. 1856. they had the following children: Judith, Violet Pearl, Elizabeth, William, Charles, Harry, Maud, Sue, and Minnie M. Looking for and info an siblings and ancestors. Last known residence of Daniel Fulmer was at Jimtown Works near Dawson Pa. in 1908 after I lost the trail..
- BLACKSON, MOORE posted by John LeFevre on Friday, December 10, 1999
- Looking for information the parents of Lillian Florence Moore who was born in Westmoreland Co. on 30AUG1883, married Logan Jacob Blackson in 1906 and died in Niles OH on 08NOV1966. I have Blackson line but nothing on the Moores. Can anyone help?.
- DAVIS, FINDLEY, LYNN, MCINTIRE, PATTERSON posted by Clara Reeves on Friday, December 10, 1999
- Looking for ancestors of William Patterson Mcintire and Anna Patterson who lived in Wheatfield and BrushValley Westmoreland, Pennsylvaina in the late 1700 and early 1800..
- FOSTER, JUSTICE, STEELE posted by Lynn Sewell on Friday, December 10, 1999
- Can anyone tell me the dates on the cem. record of Griffith Justice, buried in Denmark aka Woodlawn Cem, Westmoreland Co, Export, Pa, I wondering if he is the same Griffith Justice that married Mary Steele. Is there a grave for a Mary beside the Griffith Justice grave? The cem. index is not on line.
- BIGGS, CLEGG, WATT posted by Richard E. Watt on Friday, December 10, 1999
- Robert Watt was in Westmoreland Co. census in 1800 and 1810. He was married to Nancy______. His son Robert Watt, b. 1805, married Nancy Agnes Clegg in 1827 and they lived in Guernsey Co.,OH. Nancy Agnes Clegg was daughter of James Clegg and Nancy Agnes Biggs. These are my g.g. grandparents, etc. and I'm looking for information on them..
- DERLIN, DERLING, DIRLING, DURLIN, DURLING posted by Edwin Broadus on Saturday, December 11, 1999
- Nicholas DURLIN (DERLIN)is listed in Hempfield Township in Westmoreland Co. in the 1820 census. He was almost certainly the father of Sarah, who married Philip Mechling, and Catherine, who married Daniel Leader. Other children in Westmoreland Co. likely included Henry and Alexander.
Sarah listed her father as born in New Jersey and her mother as born in Ireland. Does anyone know where in NJ Nicholas was from? What was his wife's name? Where did the family go after 1820?.
- FRITCHMAN, LAW posted by Margaret Gagliardi on Saturday, December 11, 1999
- LAW, Henry m Catharine FRITCHMAN and they had the following children: Henry Jr, Adam, Jacob, Mary, who married Jacob LEONARD?, and Conrad. Is anyone researching this family? Or is the real last name of Henry LOWE? I have found it both ways. This information was found in Deed Book 12, page 582, Westmoreland Co, PA
- GARDNER posted by Norman Gardner on Sunday, December 12, 1999
- I'm looking for information on the Gardner Family in Westmoreland County. Need marriage and offspring information on Robert Gardner who fought in the Revolutionary War as a Lt. from Bedford County (Westmoreland was formed from Bedford). His son Thomas Gardner served with Generals Jacob Brown, Winfield Scott, and Eleazar Ripley during the War of 1812. Thomas married Sarah Schovin and together they had 12 children including James Gardner(my great-grandfather). I need information on the children of Thomas and Sarah. Their sonJames was born May 12, 1824 in Huntingdon County. Sometime after the birth of James. Thomas and Sarah brought the family to Westmoreland County. I'm trying to trace the origins of our Gardner family. I'm new at this and any help would be appreciated. Does anyone on this list have Gardner in their Surname listing?.
- BROWN posted by Nancy Todd on Sunday, December 12, 1999
- Alexander Monroe BROWN was born 1802/3 in Westmoreland County, PA. Married 1830 St. Louis MO, lvd Iowa, to Oregon 1850's. First son was James M. Brown, b.c. 1831 Iowa..
- GADDIS, JOHNSTON, MOORE, QUAIL posted by W B McColly on Monday, December 13, 1999
- Grandmo Margery Moore Johnston b. Derry Twp Westmoreland Co 1852 dau. of James Johnston & Anna Quail Johnston b. Fayette, granddau of Lydia Gaddis Quail b. Fayette. Margery's middle name means a Moore in my ancestry. Any help out there?.
- DONNELL, KENNEDY, ROSS posted by DJ Donnell-Watson on Tuesday, December 14, 1999
- I am trying to find information on the women in my family line.
Margaret Donnell maiden unknown
married to Patrick Donnell Sr
Buried at Puckety Presbyterian Cemetary, New Kensinton
married to John Donnell of Westmoreland County
b 30 Jun 1809
d 02 May 1904
married to William Donnell on 27 Mar 1856
father was John Ross and mother Susanah McNit (macKnitt)
- CLAYTON, FINLEY, GLENN, LEATHERMAN, LINDLEY, TEGARDEN, TODD posted by George Harris on Tuesday, December 14, 1999
- Searching for possible PA origins of above listed families. These folks all showed up in the Shelby Co., KY area abt 1790, stayed a while, and then most moved on to Orange/Lawrence Co., Indiana area in abt 1811-1816. My GLENN/TODD line stayed in KY. Only hard fact is that some TEGARDEN's are listed as having been born at "Redstone, Old Fort, Westmoreland Co., PA)in and around 1776. Any help would be appreciated - contact me for more specific names and data an the KY lines.
- ALLEN, CARNAHAN, JANNY, KENNEDY posted by Duane O. Sirks on Wednesday, December 15, 1999
- Adam Carnahan is the son of John Carnahan and Sarah Allen, and is the grandson of James Carnahan and Margaret Janny. Adam was born in Cumberland Co., PA and was married to Sarah Kennedy before 1782 who died in Westmoreland Co., PA. James Carnahan the father of John was born in 1692 in Ireland and died in 1778. He was married to Margaret Janny. James and Margaret had at least 5 children. I have one child being born to Adam and Sarah [Kennedy] Carnahan. The child name was Sarah who was born in 1800 in Westmoreland Co., PA. James and Margaret [Janny] Carnahan are my 6th great-grandparents. I ame descdndant from them through their daughter Jane who married James Jack. I have additional information on this family wan would be willing to share it.
- GIESEY, LITZENBERGER, MATTER posted by Ray B Dobbs on Thursday, December 16, 1999
- Viola Letzenburger married three times, once to Frank Giesey of Ligonier, Westmoreland County, PA. Looking for information on the rest of Viola's family. She also married Andrew Matter of Wilkinsburg (Allegheny), PA.
- ROWAN posted by R.L. McElroy on Friday, December 17, 1999
- Would like to contact anyone who might be researching the ROWAN family(s) of Westmoreland Co. of the early 1800s
- PRATT posted by Carol Maizel on Monday, December 20, 1999
- Seeking information on what school a child from Westmoreland county, Wardentown/Shafton District, North Huntington Twp. would be attending in 1880, or where I could find information on the pupils in that district. Still seeking a birth mother for my Grandfather William James Thompson, living with Frances Mary Klingensmith Pratt, listed as his grandmother, and whose name of Pratt he later used as his. Thanks for any information, as I am at a dead end in my search..
- RUNGE, SEIMS posted by Barb Seyler on Monday, December 20, 1999
- Seeking additional information for George Peter Runge, born 15 November 1894 in Allegheny Co., PA and died July 1981 while residing in Harrison City, Westmoreland Co., PA. Mother was believed to have been Jeannett Seims. Additional siblings are: Anna Sophia, Arthur Rudolph and Matilda.
- GRAY posted by David Sullivan on Monday, December 20, 1999
- I am looking for information on the ancestors of Anna Mae Gray (born 1921 in Derry, Westmoreland County PA) and of her parents William Gray and Susan Mary Shawley..
- CORWIN, PATRICK posted by Jen Bailey on Tuesday, December 21, 1999
- I am looking for information on Mary PATRICK born 27 June 1790 in Pennsylvania (possible Westmoreland County) and died 18 September 1847 in Franklin Township, Ohio; married 6 November 1808 in Pennsylvania (not sure if in Washington County or Westmoreland County) to Benjamin Franklin CORWIN born 27 December 1784 in Washington County, Pennsylvania and died 4 August 1852 in Franklin Township, Ohio. It is possible that Mary's fathers name was John PATRICK but unsure, the early censuses don't provide much useful information. Any help would be truly appreciated. Thanks.
- CLINE, KLEIN, KLINE, WOODS posted by Lawrence Woods on Tuesday, December 21, 1999
- Looking for info on Catherine (Katie) Klein (Woods). She was born in 1889 in Plum Creek PA and married Harry Woods (born Scotthaven, PA in 1886). They lived in Allegheny and Westmoreland counties around 1908-1917..
- FAIR, THOMPSON, TUXFORD posted by John Tuxford on Wednesday, December 22, 1999
- Seeking information on Harry J. Thompson and his wife Ida Fair Thompson. Their children were Lizzie Belle Thompson, born in Tarentum, Armstrong Co. who married John Arthur Tuxford who was born in Vandergrift, Westmoreland Co. ; and Myrtle, Melvin and William.
- ZOLLARS posted by Jerry Zollars on Wednesday, December 22, 1999
- I've found a great deal of information about the Zollars family in Western PA and further west. I now need information on current members of this family who live in Western PA..
- TARR posted by James Wilson on Friday, December 24, 1999
- I am searching for the parents and siblings of Rosanna Tarr of East Huntington Twp.Westmoreland Co. She is my gg Grandmother. She was born in 1827 and she married a William G Husband. I believe they had five children. She died in 1887. Her parents may have been a John B Tarr who was born about 1802 and an Esther Tarr (pre-marriage name unknown) who was born about 1800 but this is only an educated guess (based on looking at the 1850 census for East Huntington Twp). Any information would be appreciated..
- HUSBAND, TARR posted by James Wilson on Friday, December 24, 1999
- I am looking for the parents (and siblings) of William Husband (middle initial may have been "G")of East Huntington Twp, Westmoreland Co. He is my gg Grandfather and I know he was born in 1816 (Aug 5). He married Rosanna Tarr (approx 1848) and they had five children. He died in 1893 (Mar 18) and is buried at Tarrs Cemetery at Tarr's Station, Penna. As far as I know the couple always lived in the East Huntington Twp area. Any information would be appreciated..
- COCHRANE, COVINGTON, DOUGLASS, ELLLIOTT, FOSTER, LUTTRELL, MCCURDY, MOORMAN, MUIR, PARKS, ROGGY, RUTLEDGE posted by Jan Roggy on Sunday, December 26, 1999
- I am seeking information on any Rutledge or McCurdy from Westmoreland Co. Pa. I know that William Rutledge married Ann McCurdy 1847 in Pa. William's parents were George and Elizabeth Shaw Rutledge from Ireland. They had 7 children: Jane,James,Elizabeth,William,Irvin,John & George. Ann's parents were Samuel and Jane Henderson McCurdy and they had 5 children: Ann,Alexander,William,Mary & Keziah. I would be willing to share information. Anne & William came to IL. I am descended from this union.
- BEINBRECH, BONEBRAKE, BONEBREAK, BONEBRIGHT posted by Cherie Baxter on Wednesday, December 29, 1999
- Henry Bonebrake and his family moved to Westmoreland Co. sometime after 1810. I am also interested in info re:Jacob Bonebrake his son..
- CAUFFIELD, PIPER, WEIMER posted by Janette Holmes on Wednesday, December 29, 1999
- I am looking for any information about Keziah PIPER. She was b. 1830 in PA. She married Robert Peter CAUFFIELD. Keziah's father I believe is Robert PIPER & her mother is Nancy WEIMER.
Return to the Archived
Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to Westmoreland County Home Page
(c) Westmoreland County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project