- EIRWIN, ERWIN posted by Steve Erwin on Monday, November 1, 1999
- I'm looking for anything on David ERWIN (EIRWIN) (b) 1759 in Fairfield Twp. His father was also David and I think his wife was Elizabeth Townsend. They left Westmoreland Co. around 1775(?)..
- LEVEDAG, LEVETAG, LEWEDAG, LEWETAG posted by Ken Lewetag on Monday, November 1, 1999
- Lewetag's came over in the later 1800's and only one family with the Lewetag name can be found in Curtisville, PA but we know that there was more family but no one living knows where they went. Hans, Joh and Josph came over for sure as well as Lewetag, Pauline that changes her name and familys to Levetag.
- HAWKINS, HIPPARD, JOHNSON, RACKLEY, STRONG posted by Marcia Larson on Tuesday, November 2, 1999
- Hi, I have Lillie STRONG sister in law to Mark HIPPARD and wife of Aaron STRONG... lived in Westmoreland PA 1923 and little previous...also Marks wife was Elizabeth STRONG. Other names mentioned on this Will include: HAWKINS, JOHNS, RACKLEY, and of couse HIPPARD.
- LAUGHNER, POSSUMATO, SARNESE posted by Michael Sarnese on Tuesday, November 2, 1999
- I am researching the Alphonso Sarnese (b-1885)and Filomena Possumato family. I have some information but it is incomplete. Alphonso and Filomena are my Great Grandparents. There eldest son, Joseph Louis Sarnese (b-1907 in Ricci Italy) married Florence Laughner (b-1908 in Latrobe, PA). Any information or contacts would be greatly appreciated..
- CASSATT, GIBBONEY, GRAF, HEBERLING, JEWART, LITTLE, MILLER, NEHRIG, ORR, POTTS, STEWART, STRONG posted by Sonya Stewart on Tuesday, November 2, 1999
- Am looking for anyone with the above surnames that may have migrated into Westmoreland County. Many of the families originate or have passed through Indiana, Armstrong or Cambria Counties..
- FEDIRKO, FREDERICK, HUDA posted by Kathy Costilow on Thursday, November 4, 1999
- Searching for grandparent information early 1900's. JOHN "FEDIRKO" FREDERICK, came from Hrtony, Poland - died 02 Feb 1963, reported coal miner and CATHERINE HUDA born May 30,1897. Marriage Date 17 Oct 1914. Settled in Monessen for a time, then went to Warren, OH in 1919. Grandmother had 2 sisters, JUSTINE HUDA, ANN HUDA and one brother JOHN HUDA, possibly settled in or around Monessen..
- CORBYWHITE, KARBJIWEIT, KORBJIWEIT, KORBJUWEIT, KORBYWEIT, KURBJUWEIT posted by Lance Wilde on Thursday, November 4, 1999
- My greatgram from East Prussia had a brother Gust Korbjuweit in Greensburg til the 60's. Interested in finding out where they were from in East Prussia. Also, have some interesting lore from elders on other Korbyweit siblings..
- DINA, DZURA, NOVOTNI posted by Brad Dina on Friday, November 5, 1999
- I understand that you have to be next of kin to obtain a birth certificate in Pennsylvania is there another way to get the information off of the birth record? My grandmother Mary Dzura was born in Mount Pleasant in Westmoreland county December 18, 1899 and id like to see if a birth record exists and if it shows her parents names and where they were born.
- DOLE, EVANS posted by Carol Gilliland on Friday, November 5, 1999
- Greetings, My gg grandparents, David & Elizabeth (DOLE) EVANS are found living in Rostraver Twp., Westmoreland Co.Pa. on the 1850 census. David is listed as being born in Wales, age 39 yrs., and occupation- Miner There is a name below his but it is hard to make out .. looks like ??? Rarich or Rarick 20 yrs. old , then his wife Elizabeth 29 yrs. old and children are Martha 6, Sarah E. 4, David J. 6/12.
After the Rarick name it has, under occupation, do What would that mean and who was this person? I would dearly love to find the families of the siblings of my great grandmother, Martha Evans.
On her death certif. it says her parents were born in Wales. It says she was born in Camden, N.J., 1-1-1846 which does not jive with the age in the census. I have been told by relatives that she was born just after her parents came over from Wales.
Hope to finally find some cousins now that I know that they were in Westmoreland Co. as I have been searching in Allegheny Co. all along.
- DUNCAN, IRWIN, NORCROSS posted by Gary E. Irwin on Friday, November 5, 1999
- I'm seeking George IRWIN, b. abt 1776 NJ, m. Westmoreland Co PA to Martha NORCROSS (b. abt 1779 Westmoreland Co PA, d. Morristown, Knox Co OH). Children were Curtis (b.1799),George Jr. (b. 1808), Isaac (b. 1810), Christian Westly (b. abt 1814), James, and Martha. George Jr. (my line) married Sarah DUNCAN, Feb 22,1834 in Knox Co OH, and lived in Berlin twp, Knox CO OH..
- CHEESEMAN, GASTON, MCCLAIN, VAUGHN posted by Madeline on Friday, November 5, 1999
- Lydia, Charity and Mary were daughters of Joseph CHEESEMAN of Upper Freehold Twp., Monmouth Co. NJ. Lydia m. Charles McCLAIN in 1751. Charity m. John GASTON in 1760. Mary m. John VAUGHN in 1764. John GASTON served in the Rev. War from Northhampton Co. PA and then (as a Major) from Rostraver Twp., Westmoreland Co before moving to Washington Co. PA by 1790. We believe Charles McCLAIN went to (W) VA, then to Fayette Co. PA. John VAUGHN ended up in Washington Co. but we believe his son Jacob VAUGHN may have married ___?___ in Westmoreland Co. about 1786/7. Does anyone have any information? Will share info. on all of these families but am particularly interested in the Vaughns.
- DINA, DINYA, DZURA, NOVOTNI posted by Brad Dina on Tuesday, November 9, 1999
- This is a humble request for a census look up for Mount pleasant, westmoreland County, If anyone out there is doing any census work I would greatly appreciate any information in the census for 1900 for Andrew Dzura and his wife Elizabeth they would have one child born December 18, 1899 Mary Dzura. I would do this research myself if I was able. Thanks to anyone who can help..
- DAVIS, LAVAN, MCDOWELL posted by Janet Jones on Tuesday, November 9, 1999
- Am searching for information concerning George L. McDowell who was married to Catherine Davis. She (Catherine died in 1891 nad George married a second time to Maggie Mangus. George was to have been born in Ligonier in Westmoreland County. Catherine was from Bedford County but came to Westmoreland County to live and work for a Presbyterian minister by the name of Lavan/Levan. She supposedly moved with the family to Somerset County prior to marrying McDowell. He was living in New Florence when his mother-in-law died in 1924. Any information to this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks..
- COUCHENOUR, GARRETT, WEBSTER posted by Susan Webster on Tuesday, November 9, 1999
- Am looking for Thomas WEBSTER born in Westmoreland Co. 1860 and married Minnie COUCHENOUR abt 1883. Mother is Sarah GARRETT and father is George WEBSTER.
- MILLER posted by Richard Johnson on Wednesday, November 10, 1999
- Information wanted on the two John MILLER's who served in the 8th Pennsylvania Line during the American Revolution. One was listed as a private and the other listed as a drummer. There was also an Issac MILLER and a Samuel MILLER listed. 7 company's of this regiment were raised in Westmoreland Co. PA. and 1 company was raised in Bedford Co. PA.
- BROWN, SILVIS posted by Tim Brown on Friday, November 12, 1999
- I am interested in contacting family members of George W. Brown who was married to a Susan(?)Silvis in Westmoreland County. George had a son Harry W. Brown..
- DAUGHERTY, MURPHY posted by Jane Daugherty Martin on Friday, November 12, 1999
- I am decended from John (b. 1893)and Catherine Murphy Daugherty(b.1892) of Pleasant Unity,Unity Twp. Westmoreland County, PA. Any connection?.
- BEATTY, GARRITY, MOORE, SULLIVAN posted by Bonnie Garrity on Saturday, November 13, 1999
- Searching any infor concerning the missing families mentioned. Katherine Beatrice MOORE (born 1888) and her sister Rose, their mother Margaret Moore and step-father Thomas SULLIVAN were all from one of the 5 Carbon townships in Pa. Katherine was my grandmother who married John L GARRITY (1875-Carbon) in Sep of 1902 in Pittsburgh. They had 3 daughters: Katherine, Margaret, and Helen, and 3 sons: John Fairfield GARRITY, Thomas Edward Garrity and George Harrison GARRITY (Dec 1913-Pgh) whose birth certificate later revealed George Wilkinson BEATTY as father Extensive searches have turned up no death or cemetary records for parents, but children were found on 1920 census in Chartiers in St. Paul's Orphanage. What happened to all of these family members?
- KEPNER posted by Steve Kepner Koehler on Saturday, November 13, 1999
- Looking for my KEPNER side. My father was James Edgar KEPNER. He lived in Scottdale PA, Montgomery Co. His father was Charles Ray KEPNER. Charles Ray's father was Jacob Ellsworth KEPNER. I have a revolver that is said to have belonged to Jacob Ellsworth KEPNER's father in the civil war. Initials on the gun are EDK. Also, someone in my family owned Kepner Motors in Scottdale, PA in the 1940's (I think).
- MCCARTNEY posted by Stephen McCartney on Sunday, November 14, 1999
- Looking for info on Robert & Lydia McCartney who may have lived in Westmoreland Co. in the 1800 to 1830 time frame. Lydia's maiden name is unknown. Children: Mary R.,Anna, Daniel, Robert Jr., Jacob R.,Paden Aron (my great-great-grandfather), George W., & Isaac R. Children may have been born in Washington Co., Pa. Cannot find info on Robert & Lydia in Wash. Co. Most relatives of this line suspect that info may be found with Westmoreland Co.
- TUCCI posted by Joseph Tucci on Sunday, November 14, 1999
- Looking for any info regarding Tucci family who resided in Jeanette PA in Westmoreland county around early 1900s.
- HENDRICKS, JAMISON, MCHARG, POLLOCK posted by Regina Barry on Monday, November 15, 1999
- Interested in family of Abram Hendricks died ca 1819 Fairfield, Westmoreland Co., PA and wife Ann Jamison. Children married into Pollock and McHarg families..
- BEACH, BROWN, GRIMES, MOORE, SHAWLEY, TUCKER posted by Kathleen Brown on Monday, November 15, 1999
- ISO information on two BEACH brothers who settled near Laughlintown in 1801: John BEACH (d. 1818) and wife, Rosanna MOORE, with daughters Jane, who married John GRIMES in 1826, and Hannah, who married Thomas BROWN in 1832; and Henry BEACH, wife and family unknown. Henry lived with his mother Elizabeth BEACH, and the following persons: Ann TUCKER and Elizabeth SHAWLEY (and her children Henry and Lucinda SHAWLEY). Rosanna MOORE BEACH later married Andrew HASLET of Fairfield Twp..
- FRICK, MCLAUGHLIN, SIMPSON posted by Clarice on Monday, November 15, 1999
- Would like to find family or info on these particular family names. If you know of or are a descendant of one of these names,from Westmoreland co. please let us know...Thanks.
- GEFRICH, GEFROVICH posted by kelly gefrich on Monday, November 15, 1999
- I am researching my husbands line, this is a new start to me and I only have a few bits and pieces of information. I am looking for information on Paul Gefrovich (his family--both backward and forward). He was born approximately Mar 17, 1868 and married Mary L. Bella or Bellas, who was born in 1872. The were from someplace in Czechosolvakia and moved to the states, I believe to Milford CT, as that is where I have been told they died, though I have no proof of that either. I have also been informed that the name Gefrovich was fairly common in Latrobe, in Westmorland, however...I have not had any luck finding any name. Can anyone help??
- ROSE posted by Bob Rose on Monday, November 15, 1999
- Below is a 1880 Soundex for Harrison Rose. I believe him to be part of my family but have been unable to find anything about him or his children. Any assistance would be appreciated.
1880 Soundex, Westmoreland County, 90/123/34/10, Unity Twp., City of Youngstown;
ROSE, Harrison 48wh m Pa
Margaret 44 W Pa
James R. 20 S Pa
Sarah 18 D Pa
Samuel 17 S Pa
Joseph 14 S Pa
William 12 S Pa
Lavina 11 D Pa
Catherine 9 D Pa
Mary 8 D Pa
Edwin 7 S Pa.
- BORELAND, JOHNSTON, MCQUISTON, MORRISON posted by Kevin Borland on Tuesday, November 16, 1999
- Looking for more information on the family of Daniel Morrison, who is in the 1810 Westmoreland County census in Salem Township. I am trying to connect him to an Alexander Morrison who was born in 1808, and was married in Congruity, Salem Township, to a Sarah Ann Johnston. Daniel Morrison may be Alexander's father, but I'm trying to find evidence. By 1810, Daniel had 3 sons (good sign that I may be correct). Alexander Morrison moved to New Hagerstown, Carroll County, Ohio after he married Sarah Ann Johnston.
Sarah's parents are unknown. She was born in Ireland, but her parents came to Westmoreland County in 1822. I am also researching another Johnston family from Salem Township, but I have almost no information on them.
Alexander and Sarah had children John T., Sarah B., Samuel M., Nancy E., Mary J., Margaret E. and Alexander J. Morrison, all born in Ohio. Unfortunately, none of the children are named Daniel, so that's a little evidence against my theory, I guess.
I would be very interested in finding out Daniel's wife's name and the names of their children (or Daniel's parents) and I have lots of information to share on Alexander's descendents.
- ELDER, GARLAND, GOHEEN, KIRKPATRICK, WILSON posted by Keith Witt on Wednesday, November 17, 1999
- After finding the Will of Moses Kirkpatrick, I learned that his daughter Betsy was married to Robert Henry. According to the History of Clarion County, a John Henry settled in Armstrong/Venango County in 1800 (I am not sure which County it was when he arrived, since Armstrong County was formed in 1800). He settled very close to the homestead that Moses settled in 1804. Does anyone know if these families were somehow related. This is the first good lead that I have gotten about Moses in some time.
- BOWSER, COCHRAN, COCHRANE, COLLIER, MECHLING, STEELE, YOCKEY posted by Karen Zeigler on Wednesday, November 17, 1999
- I have recently found information that my GGGGrandfather, James S. COCHRAN (1829-1904) was born in Westmoreland Co. He later moved to West Franklin Township/Worthington, Armstrong County. His family (according to the 1870 census of Armstrong Co.) included Hannah J, his wife, age 37; John W. , his son (and my GGGrandfather), age 15; Louisa J. R age 8; and Isabella COCHRAN age 78, (possibly his mother?). John Wilson COCHRAN(1855-1935) married Elizabeth COLLIER (Lizzie) (1853-1917). There children: James Henry (my Grandfather) and Julia STEELE/ BOWSER. James Henry married Bertha Yockey.
They all lived on a farm in the Worthington/West Franklin Township area of Armstrong County.
This surname has also been spelled at times : COCHRANE.
Does anyone have information on this family of Cochrans or any Cochrans who could be related? My Grandmother, James Henry's daughter, Lena COCHRAN/ MECHLING has been known to have said that she was related to Nellie Bly. Not sure about this though.
- WAGGONER posted by Susan King on Thursday, November 18, 1999
- Looking for any information on my WAGGONER ancestors in Westmoreland and Fayette Counties. My gg grandfather was Oliver Clifford Waggoner, born May 3, 1833 in MD or PA. His mother was Mary (maiden name unknown at this time)born in MD, his father was born in what is today PA, then VA. I am aware of the George Waggoner info in the Biographical History Books, and we may connect to him through one of his sons, though I haven't determined how. Please contact me if you have any info on this line of Waggoner/Wagoners. Thank you..
- CRISE, EICHER, NEWILL, PORCH posted by Susan Kuzma on Thursday, November 18, 1999
- Your William was a brother to my gr-grandfather, Lewis. If you would like more on this family , please e-mail me and we can compare notes..
- EICHER, GASTER posted by Rose McElfish on Thursday, November 18, 1999
- William A. Eicher was married to Missouri Thomas Gaster they lived in an area known as Stouffer, near Mt. Pleasant, Westmoreland County, my great grandmother was a daughter, known as Beuna Vista Eicher. She married Samuel Reese of Uniontown, Pa. Thanks for any help on this family..
- DRENNAN, DRENNEN, DRENNING, DRENNON posted by George Drennon on Friday, November 19, 1999
- Looking for additional info for the Drennans of Westmoreland and later Allegheny county Pa. In the Revolutionary War pension file for Hugh Drennan his brother Thomas makes declaration in suppost of his service and states that Hugh moved to Rostraver Twp. Westmoreland county in 1783. I received a map showing the location of property owned by Hugh which bordered Westmoreland and Allegheny counties close to the properties of his brothers John and Thomas. I believe he married in this area sometime before 1788 and had a child but am unable to find the records necessary to prove this. Am hoping someone can tell me what Presbyterian church was in this area and if church records survive from this period. Am looking for Hugh's marriage and possible christianing records for his son John. Have in the past had good luck with people in this area am hoping someone out there can help me out.
- ELDER, GARLAND, GOHEEN, KIRKPATRICK, WILSON posted by Keith Witt on Friday, November 19, 1999
- I am looking for any information on the following Kirkpatrick men and their families:
These men showed up in the Westmoreland County census in 1800. They were not there in the 1790 census. I am also looking for where they came from. Any help would be appreciated..
- WALTER, WEISTER posted by Joan Ackerman on Saturday, November 20, 1999
- Searching for information on Jacob Walter b. 12 Dec 1821 who m. 1842 to Susannah Weister b. 1823 in Westmoreland County, PA. Their children: John b. 1843, Alpharetta, Philip b. 1846, Hubert, Albert b. 1849, Edward b. 1852, and possibly William..
- MCCLINTOCK posted by Denise Chang on Saturday, November 20, 1999
- Looking for information on the William McClintock who is listed in the History of Westmoreland County, page 646 as "a first settler" and "the second nailer, who made by hand the wrought iron nails". His wife? Did he continue to live in the county? Did he have children who did? The approximate date on these statements is 1805. Denise Chang.
- CRISE, GRIEST, LEAR, RHIENHART, RHINEHART, ROLEY posted by Janice LEAR on Saturday, November 20, 1999
- Seeking info on death of George V. GRIEST, son of Samuel and Mary m. (JOHNSON) GRIEST - wife was Anna (CRISE) GRIEST. George died 11 October 1926, death certificate looks like he may have died from injuries from an auto accident. Buried in Fells Church Cemetery, Rostraver Township, Westmoreland Co Can someone please obtain copies of newspaper account of accident and his obit. He was living in Webster, Rostraver Township at time of death. Believe he died in Memorial Hospital, New Eagle, PA.
- DUBINSKY, HUPKA posted by Colleen Yoho on Sunday, November 21, 1999
- Westmoreland County, PA, early 1900's family of Tamas Hupka and Susie Dubinsky..
- OSTER, SILBAUGH posted by Victoria Smith on Monday, November 22, 1999
- I can only comment a bit on the Silbaugh names. It seems that these originate from Conrad Silbaugh/Selbaugh, on the 1790 and 1800 Somerset Co PA censuses (Addison Twp). He appears to have had three named children (William b.=1780, on the Somerset 1800-1830 censuses; Phillip b= 1784-1790, on the 1810 and 1820 Fayette Co PA censuses (Wharton Twp) and Rosannah (who married George Oster, and may have run away to VA to do so). Censuses also show one other son and three daughters, unnamed but alive in 1810. However, by 1850 Silbaugh males were still only in Fayette and Somerset Cos; any movement to Westmoreland CO PA took place later..
- NALY posted by Arlene Spoores on Tuesday, November 23, 1999
- Looking for the parents of David Walter/Walters b. Jan. 23, 1800 or 1801. Married Mary Naly b. May 11, 1808? Their son James was born Dec. 4, 1829 at a place called The Manor in Westmoreland Co., PA. David, Mary and their 2 sons and 2 daughters moved to Newmansville, PA in 1832 with David's brother Daniel and cousin or uncle Anthony Walter. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you..
- BORLAND, BRISBINE, CONWAY, DICKEY, EWING, GRANT, GWINN, JONES, MCCUTCHEON, MCKISSICK, MILLER, MOORE, NOLDER, SCOTT posted by Sidney Moore on Wednesday, November 24, 1999
- Looking for the Descendants of James, John and William Moore, brothers who were living in the Hannastown / Salem Twp., Westmoreland Co., PA area prior to 12 March 1773. I... James Moore b. abt 1740 d. 12 Jan. 1819 and wife Sarah (?) had: Joseph Moore mar. 1. Elinor McCutcheon, 2. Elizabeth Jones, 3. Rodie Rosanna Grant; James Moore mar. Cathrine (?); John W. Moore; Jane Moore mar. James Brisbine; William Moore mar. 1.(?), 2. Margaret Borland; Samuel N. Moore; Hugh W. Moore; Sarah Moore mar. Hugh Miller; II... John Moore b. abt. 1746 d. bef. 6 Nov. 1779 and wife Rebecca had: William Moore mar. 1. Polly Conway, 2. Jane Gwinn(?); James Moore mar. Catharine C. Scott; Jane Moore mar. Daniel McKissick; Polly Moore mar. Thomas Dickey; Sarah Moore mar. John Ewing. III... William b. aft 1746, d. bef 22 Dec. 1827 (perhaps) in Plumb Creek Twp., Armstrong Co., PA (further research needed) and wife Jane (or Jennet) had: James Moore; Jennet Moore mar. (?) Nolder; John Moore; William Moore; George Moore
- ELDER, GALBRAITH, RODGERS posted by Victor Elder on Thursday, November 25, 1999
- Samuel Elder b Abt. 1756 Leitrim Co. Ireland settled in Fairfield Twp. Westmoreland Co. PA about 1804. He had seven people living in the household in the 1810 census. His known Grandchildren on his Will were: Samuel Rodgers, Eliza Rodgers, James Elder Rodgers, Jane Ann Rodgers, and William Elder. Also included on the Will; Proved 7 Jan 1834 were John Rodgers and John Elder Galbraith son of Hugh Galbraith. Would appreciate hearing from any one having any information on any of these individuals.
- GABBY, HERRON, MORRISON, MYERS, ONSTOTT posted by KJones on Friday, November 26, 1999
- I am searching for the following surnames in Westmoreland Co, PA: GABBY, MORRISON, HERRON, MYERS, ONSTOTT, MCLEES I have the following information: ANNE GABBY b. Abt 1766 in PA d. 1805 Westmoreland Co, PA m. GEORGE SAMUEL MORRISON abt 1787 GEORGE SAMUEL MORRISON b. 1762 PA d. 1812-1815 in War of 1812 ANNE GABBY and GEORGE/SAMUEL MORRISON children:
GEORGE MORRISON b. 1786
JEANETTE MORRISON b. 1788 m. JAMES RALSTON STARRETT
ANNE GABBY MORRISON b. 1790 m. JOSEPH STARRETT
MARY/POLLY MORRISON b. 1792
GEORGE MORRISON abt 1794
SAMUEL L. MORRISON b. 1796 m. SUSAN UNKNOWN
THOMAS MORRISON b. 1800
WILLIAM MORRISON b. 1802 m. MARY H..
JOHN MORRISON b. 1803
HANNAH MOORE MORRISON b. 1805 m. JOSEPH MCLEES
This family moved to Muskingum, OH after 1805 and most of the children settled there.
ELIZABETH MYERS b. 1803 Rostrover Twp, Westmoreland, PA
d. 1863 in Muskingum, OH
m. WILLIAM ALEXANDER HERRON
Parents of Elizabeth Myers may be JOHN MYERS and SARAH ONSTOTT.
- DONNELLY, MCCARTNEY, MCKENNA posted by Maureen Mullins on Friday, November 26, 1999
- Mary MCKENNA, born 1876 Irwin, Westmoreland Co.,PA, daughter of James MCKENNA and Julia MURPHY. Mary had 4 sisters: Kate (married Edward HUDSON), Maggie (married Thomas MCGUINESS), Elizabeth (married James MCMAHON), Julia (married Richard CONBOY). Mary married John DONNELLY (son of Hugh DONNELLY and Margaret MCCARTNEY) about 1898 in Irwin, PA. They Lived in Jeannette/Export/Yukon/Madison PA area. They had 10 children, Hugh, James, Gertrude, Regina, (all born in Madison), Rose, Robert, Julia, Marguerite (all born in Yukon), John (born in Export) and Richard (Born in Jeannette), between 1898 and 1920..
- BEAL, BEERS, BROWN, HARKINS, TAYLOR posted by William Beers on Sunday, November 28, 1999
- Mary Ann Brown married George W Taylor September 1, 1861. Rev N W Colburn presided over the marriage Joseph Taylor and Elisa L Johnson were witnesses. They were married in Spence Hollow. Is she in any of the Brown lines in Westmoreland??
- CALHOUN, CARNAHAN, DEFRANCE, JENNINGS, MOORE, ZAHNIZER posted by Debbie Bernard on Sunday, November 28, 1999
- I am looking for ancestors to JOSEPH MOORE who moved to Westmoreland County as a young man. He was born in New Jersey in 1790. I am trying to find his father (Rev. War soldier), mother, and six brothers. Joseph married NANCY LAUGHLIN in Westmoreland Co. and in 1828 moved to Jackson Center, Mercer Co. Joseph was a moulder by trade and worked at Bell's funance at the mouth of Oil Creek (now Oil City.)
Their children were Abner, Mordecai, Nancy, Sarah, Maryann, ?, Becky, and ?. Nancy married AUTHUR DEFRANCE, ? married WILLIAM CALHOUN, Maryann married JAKE ZAHNIZER, Becky married JOHN CARNAHAN, one to MATTHEW DEFRANCE, Sarah married TOM CARNAHAN, Abner married ELIZA JENNINGS, and Mordecai,who was four in 1828, is not mentioned again. Any help you could give me would be appreciated.
- PHILIPPI, PHILLIPI, PHILLIPPE, PHILLIPPI posted by Dean Phillippi on Sunday, November 28, 1999
- I am trying to find the names of the parents of JOSEPH WILLIAM (JOSIAH) PHILLIPPI. JOSEPH WILLIAM(JOSIAH) PHILLIPPI BIRTH 4/1/1838 DEATH 11/6/1881 son of (??), and married to a HELEN LUCINDA BUNGARD BIRTH 6/6/1845 DEATH 1928, she was the daughter of Johann Christian Bungard. He was in the Civil War in the Company �K�, 85th Regiment for the Pennsylvania Infantry Volunteers from Fayette County, Springfield Township. He shows in the 1850 Census in Somerset County, Pennsylvania. They were married in Sept 26th, 1869 at Ms. Shawleys house in Westmoreland County by Justice of the Peace John Bell. They then resided in Fayette County and then moved on to Cameron, Marshall County, West Virginia. I am trying to find the names of the parents of JOSEPH WILLIAM(JOSIAH) PHILLIPPI, can anyone assist me with this?..
- BRADEN, JACKSON posted by Janet Armbrust on Monday, November 29, 1999
- Seeking information concerning William and Euphemia (Jackson) Braden who lived in Westmoreland Co., PA ca 1793-1800. Sons Jackson (b. 08 Jan 1796) and Walter (b. 05 Apr 1798, and daughter Rebecca (b. 24 June 1799) born there. Tradition states that William Braden joined brothers in Westmoreland Co. ca 1793, all having emigrated from Co. Tyrone, Ulster. Descendants of Bradens still residing in Westmoreland Co., please contact me.
- CAVET, CAVETTE, DECAMP posted by Rhonda Casler on Monday, November 29, 1999
- Lydia Ann Cavette, born ca.1816 in Pennsylvania, was the daughter of John Cavette and Lydia [maiden name unknown]. There are three John Cavets in Westmoreland County, PA Census records for 1810 and 1830. I am trying to find out which one was her father. If there are any early birth records, or if there is a will for one of the men, where his heirs are named, that would help me. Lydia went on to marry Job De Camp in Johnstown, PA ca. 1836. If anyone can locate a copy of this marriage record, that would be great. She then moved with her husband around 1840 to Van Wert Co., Ohio. They are counted there in the Ohio Census until 1870. Presumably Lydia died after 1879..
- NALY, NELICH, WALTER posted by Janet Warter on Monday, November 29, 1999
- Anna Maria (Mary) Naly or Nelich/Neligh/Neleigh, etc. was a daughter of Henry Nelich (1761/62-1822) & Elizabetha Smith. An older brother of Mary also married a "Watter" or Walter -- Johann Jacob Nelich, b. 19 Sept 1796, marr. Priscilla "Watter" or Walter on 29 Sept. 1825. Manor is a town in Penn Twp., named for Denmark Manor. The Nelich families lived in this area. Some of the descendants changed their name to Naly, while others who moved to Clarion Co. changed it to Neely. There are many variations of the name. I have Nelich info., but nothing else on the Walter family.
Return to the Archived
Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to Westmoreland County Home Page
(c) Westmoreland County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project