- BOYD, HAWKINS posted by Nancy Evans on Friday, October 1, 1999
- I am researching Matthew Hawkins. Born abt 1810. It is known for sure he was in North Huntington Twp Westmoreland Co in 1830. I am tring to find his parents. Using the information from "Heads of Families in Westmoreland Co PA 1810" I found 4 Hawkins with males from 1-10 yrs.
Daniel - Fairfld pg 793
Henry - Hempfld pg 843
John - Fairfld pg 793
Thomas - Unity pg 800
I need to find further information on these 4 Hawkins families to see if any had a son Matthew b. abt 1810 and married a Nancy Boyd.
- BOYD, HAWKINS posted by Nancy Evans on Friday, October 1, 1999
- I am researching Nancy Boyd. In particular I am trying to locate her parents. I have located her for sure as early as 1830 in North Huntington, Twp Westmoreland Co PA. She was born about 1804. From information from the baptismal records of the old Bethel United Presbyterian Church I found some possiblities;
A girl bap. 5-30-1804 to John Boyd
A girl bap. 8-20-1804 to William Boyd
A girl bap. 9-7-1806 to Benjamin Boyd
Nancy bap. 3-12-1809 to William Boyd
I need further information on who the girl children were and if possible who Nancy dau of William Boyd married. My Nancy married Matthew Hawkins by 1828. Their children were;
Rush b. 11-28-1828
Sheppard b. abt 1830
Eliza Jane b. abt 1831
Samuel b. abt 1833
Rachel b. 5-6-1838
- BROWN, BROWNE, GRAHAM, LITTLE, LYTLE, MCCLURE, REID, SMITH posted by Scott Brown on Monday, October 4, 1999
- Searching for any and all information regarding the above surnames of Westmoreland County, Pa., will share what I have regarding these families. Related states include Iowa, Kansas, California, Ohio. Date range of 1800 to early 1900's.
- MCCUNE, PALMER posted by Barb Lieseke on Monday, October 4, 1999
- Looking for Barbara Palmer b. 15 Jan 1801 in Youngstown, Westmoreland,PA. She married Alexander McCune about 1822 probably Youngstown or Greensburg, Westmoreland, PA. He was from Scotland and was born 23 Dec 1788. They had 7 children and went on to live in Wilkins and Braddock, Allegheny,PA. There children were Thomas b. 1824 m. Jane Livengood, Joseph P b. 1826 m. Sarah Harlan McClary, Alexander b. 1829, George Robert b.1831 m. Mary Jane Pringle, Sarah R b. 1833, Jesse Patten b. 1835 m. Mary Taylor, David b. 1842 m. Almira Martz. Does anyone know of this family?.
- CONNER posted by Ronda Conner on Tuesday, October 5, 1999
- Looking for information on William McClellan Conner born 1869 in Laurelville, Fayette, Pennsylvania he married Rhoda Amelia Wilson she was born 1873 in Laurelville, Fayette, Pensylvania. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- ARNER, BECK, HARTMAN, SNOW, STIEGER, STIGAR, STIGER posted by Judy Hartman on Wednesday, October 6, 1999
- Looking for any information on husbands great grand parents, John H Arner, and Mary Arner of Braeburn, in Westmoreland County. Married in 1895. Marys full name was Mary Bell Snow, she was Native American, and adopted by a family with the last name of Stiger...or Stigar or Steiger, not sure of the spelling. I can't seem to find any information on her or the Steiger family. Any help would be appreciated..
- CLINTNER, CORNIN, CORNYN, KLINKNER posted by Cora Ott on Wednesday, October 6, 1999
- Any info on the CORNIN/CORNYNs of Youngstown, PA. and/or Unity Twp. [ca 1810-1890] will be very much appreciated. My gggGrandmother, Margaret CORNYN CLINTNER was born in Youngstown, PA. in 1821.
- posted by Eldon Hills on Friday, October 8, 1999
- Desire information on Robert McKELVEY, b. 1759 in Chester Co. Pa. D. 8 Jul 1832 Fairfield Twp. Westmoreland Co. Pa. buried McKelvey Farm Cemetery. wife Jane McKinley d. Mar 1842. She was supposed to be related to President William McKinley !! Robert was the son of James and Sarah McKELVEY.
- HARTZELL, HERTZEL, LEADER, LEIGHTY, LIEDER posted by Chris Morgan on Sunday, October 10, 1999
- Searching for any additional information in Westmoreland County on the family of Jacob and Catherine Hertzel(of Unity Township), and their children. Of particular interest is John Hartzell mentioned in a will; Adam Hartzell(married to Sara Hartzell), and a John Jacob Hartzell. Also looking for additional information on the Jacob Leighty family-who married Salome Leader, and their one son was Eli Leighty. They had 4 children two being a Norman who supposely went to Missouri, and John who stayed in Westmoreland. Looking also for any Leader(Leider, Lieder, Leder) connections..
- DAVIS, TOOEY posted by Jim Tooey on Sunday, October 10, 1999
- My grandfather Timothy Holland Tooey came to Arnoald City,Westmoreland Co. some time in October 1911,from Scotland to work in the coal mines.He stayed with his sister in law Mary Smith Davis and family.The rest of his family remained in Bathgate,Scotland where his wife died in 1915. I believe he died in the flu epidemic @ 1920. All the family were Catholic,any parish names will help as I'm planning a visit.
- CRAWFORD posted by Frank VanTassel on Sunday, October 10, 1999
- I am seeking information on Frederick and Sarah CRAWFORD. They were residing in Burrell Twp., Westmoreland County during the census of 1870. With them were the following children and their ages at the time of the 1870 census: John(27); Margaret(24); Sarah(22); Mary(20); Susan(18); David(16); Martha(14). Frederick and Sarah were both born in Ireland. I am seeking info on when and where they died and also where they were buried. I would also welcome any information on their children..
- CANNON, LONG posted by Don Cannon on Monday, October 11, 1999
- Lookingfor Ancestors & Decendents of James CANNON born 1756 Ireland and Married Mary LONG in Liegonier, Westmoreland, PA.
- HADGSON, HAWKINS, HIPPARD, JOHNS, RACKLEY, STRONG posted by Marcia Larson on Monday, October 11, 1999
- Hi I'm searching for information regarding. Elizabeth HAWKINS of N. Huntingdon TWP or Westmoreland City PA in 1922 she was living there. She received some of the estate of my gr Uncle Mark HIPPARD and is listed as his neice. ... Mark HIPPARD had no children.. Do you know of this Elizabeth or of Mark HIPPARD?
- MCDOWELL posted by Dawn McDowell on Monday, October 11, 1999
- I am looking for information on my husband's family. They where from Ligonier, Westmoreland Co. Grandfather's name was Paul H. McDowell born June 1, 1898 died Sept. 1981 His mother's name was Grace McDowell He had a brother and a sister named Chester and Gladys
- BAKER, WASON posted by James Baker on Tuesday, October 12, 1999
- Need John BAKER to Mary WASSON (WASON?) marriage record. Probably in Westmoreland area ca. 1760-1766 Any help appreciated.
- CONYERS, FAULKNER, HORNBACK, NEWMAN, SALE, SPARKS posted by Patrice Hartman on Tuesday, October 12, 1999
- Seeking information about Samuel CONYERS (1719-1815) and his wife Kesiah SPARKS (1730-1830) who resided in Westmoreland County, PA from 1778-1796. Children: Margaret FAULKNER, John, Benjamin, Ann SALE, Isaac Newton, Ishmael, Seth, Dennis, Martha HORNBACK, Enoch, Nancy NEWMAN, David. When and where did Benjamin (1759-1840?) marry and die? Did any of the children stay in this area? Samuel and Kesiah buried Bath County, KY..
- DENTON posted by Barbara Randall Reeves on Tuesday, October 12, 1999
- Searching for info on Kenneth Denton who worked as a reporter for a Jeannette, PA, newspaper during the 1930s..
- DAUGHERTY, GIBSON, MCCALL, MCCUNE, PALMER, ROBB, WRIGHT posted by Barb Lieseke on Wednesday, October 13, 1999
- Looking for Adam Palmer and his wife Elizabeth. His Will is dated 1838, Unity twsp, Westmoreland, PA. Their children: Susannah m. John Gibson, Jacob, Joseph, Daniel, Michael, Julian m. James Daugherty, Elizabeth m. David Wright, Barbara m. Alexander McCune, Christina m. George W. Robb, Polly m. Robert McCall, Adam d. 1838. Does anyone know of this family?.
- DINA, DZURA, HLEBIK, NOVOTNI posted by Brad Dina on Saturday, October 30, 1999
- I am searching for my Westmoreland roots This is what I know so far. Andrew Dzura married Elizabeth Novotni year unknown and place unknown. Children: Mary Elizabeth Dzura b.December 18, 1899 d.August 17, 1996 Married to Steve Dina birth and death unknown. Magdalena Dzura b.June 24, 1901 d.March 04, 1985 Married to John Hlebik b.August 29, 1899 d.January 09, 1978 I know Magdalena was born in Mount Pleasant. Mary was my Grandmother.
Return to the Archived
Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to Westmoreland County Home Page
(c) Westmoreland County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project