- ASHBAUGH, DORNEY, MCNUTT, RYAN posted by Jim Ashbaugh on Thursday, September 2, 1999
- Looking for info on ASHBAUGH family located in Derry, and Latrobe, PA. my great grandfather was Sam MCNUTT Ashbaugh b.07/27/1879 d.11/21/1959 married to Edith Aurella DORNEY grandfater was Wilbur George Ashbaugh b05/15/1900 d.05/04/1936 married Anna Katheryn RYAN Father is James Regis Ashbaugh b.04/19/1931.
- BUDNER, BUDNOVIC posted by Vince Brooks on Thursday, September 2, 1999
- I am looking for information on the Budner or Budnovic ("Budnovich" in Slovak)who lived in and around Buckeye or Mt. Pleasant at the turn of the century. John and Mary (Goldberger)Budnovic would be the heads of the household. I appreciate any information or leads. John was a miner..
- BEAVER, HILDEBRANDT, KLINPETER, PAINTER posted by Ellen Painter on Thursday, September 2, 1999
- Doing research on John Beaver Painter, h/o Jemimah Klinepeter. s/o William and Matilda Hildebrandt Painter. Also, can anyone please tell me how Paintertown, (Penn Township, Westmoreland County) got its name? Thanks a million!.
- DERLIN, DIRLIN, DUNBAR, DURLIN posted by Edwin Broadus on Saturday, September 4, 1999
- ALEXANDER DUNBAR was living in Westmoreland Co., South Huntington Township in 1800. At that time he was over 45 years old, as was his wife. Where was he born? Who were his children? Whom did his children marry? Even a partial answer to these questions could provide me with much needed clues..
- SUSKO, SUSZKO posted by Theresa Kelly on Sunday, September 5, 1999
- Trying to locate information about persons in Westermoreland County specifically in the Greensburg area. Would also like information regarding Ukranian churches in the area near Greensburg.
- THORN posted by Paul Thorne on Monday, September 6, 1999
- Hello, I am seeking any information on Joseph Thorn b. c1743 Ireland. d. Nov. 23, 1829 Jefferson County, IN. He was in the Washington County, PA militia in 1781 under Capt. White's company. I believe he migrated to IN after 1820. Joseph Thorn was married in Westmoreland County, PA c1778 to an Elizabeth Craig b. Sept. 18, 1757 d. June 11, 1826. His children were: Jane, Sarah, Samuel, John, William Wilson, Robert, James, Elizabeth, Alexander Craig, and Joseph. I am particularly interested in information on one of his children, Samuel Thorn b. Dec. 8, 1783 and married a Sarah Travis. Any details would be greatly appreciated.
- TORRENCE posted by Davis Hadly on Tuesday, September 7, 1999
- Torrence Family: Westmoreland County (Although interested in Torrence family, since this family is so large I am particularly interested in the follwing family)
William Grey Torrence (1799-1878) m. Margaret McCabe Children: Hugh Milo (1822-1895), William Cyrus (1824-1857), Mary m. Mike Bowers, Elizabeth m. Alexander Bunting, Amanda, Rev Oliver Perry (1835-1871), Joseph E., Alexander H., Daniel Webster, Sylvanus, James Madison.
I am a descendant of James Madison Torrence and Mary Peden. I believe Mary and James had the following children: Blanche(Emma), James, Elizabeth, & Richard
Other individuals who may be closely related: Katie Torrence
Mildred Torrence (Yeadon, PA)
Ed Torrence (Kansas & Austin, TX)
James Torrence (Pittsburgh, PA & Clarksburg, WV).
- GUCKENBERGER, HILTY, MUFFLEY, NICHOLSON posted by Fred Beecher on Wednesday, September 8, 1999
- Looking for information on my ancestors who resided in Westmoreland County, Pa. in 1700s until present. Would appreciate info on my grandmother Ollie Belle Nicholson & her parents (James) NIcholson & (Mary) Catherine Muffley. James NIcholson may have been born in Jefferson County. Catherine Muffley's were ? Muffley & Juli Hilty..
- DICKERSON, LINN, SAUNDERS, STCLAIR posted by Pat Cleveland on Wednesday, September 8, 1999
- George ST CLAIR, b 5/26/1812 in Butler County Ohio moved to Indiana. I do not know anything earlier than that for George. John, Robert and Adam LINN came to Butler County Ohio from Ireland in the early 1700's. I can track John to the present day, but am most interested in where in Ireland they were from and what happened to Robert. John's son, Adam b 4/12/1740, was born in Westmoreland County. John's wife, Sarah ? was born abt 1692 in Westmoreland County..
- DAVIS posted by mike scott on Wednesday, September 8, 1999
- I am looking for information about my grandfather, who i believed lived in a small town called snowden penn. His name was william mike davis and his dad was john davis any help or where i need to look would be greatly appreciated,,,, thanks mike scott.
- KANE posted by Linda Squires on Wednesday, September 8, 1999
- Trying to locate any information on John F. and Mary Kane and their son, Simon F. Kane. Simon's marriage certificate to Mary Ann Younkin in Somerset County, PA, in 1891 lists his parents as John F. and Mary Kane in Stonesville, Westmoreland County, PA..
- SCHMELTZER, SMELSER, SMELTZER posted by Donna Stieber on Wednesday, September 8, 1999
- Looking for a Jacob Smeltzer/Smelser, born 1758, probably Berks Co, PA, married Anna Maria/Marie, migrated to Washington Twp, (now Bell Twp), Westmoreland Co, PA, between 1793 and 1798. I'm trying to find the parents of Jacob.
- BROWN, JONES, TOSH posted by Kathleen Brown on Friday, September 10, 1999
- ISO information on Elizabeth JONES (b. 1778), married in 1806 to Peter TOSH of Fairfield Twp. Is she the daughter of Daniel JONES and Mary BROWN of Ligonier? In 1833, Peter TOSH is a character witness in the Rev War pension application for Mary BROWN JONES'brother, William BROWN. Anything on Elizabeth or Peter..
- BARLEY, JENKINS, JINKINS, KELLY, SKULLY, WARNICK posted by Doret Jenkins on Friday, September 10, 1999
- Looking for information on family of Silas Jinkins, b. 11/1/1848, and wife, Rhoda Warnick, from Westernport, MD.,married 5/5/1870. They were living in Mt. Pleasant, Westmoreland County, in late 1800's. Daughter Nettie married a Skully, daughter Margaret married a Kelly, daughter Tini married a Barley. Any information would be appreciated. Have info. on Silas's family. Doret Jenkins.
- CAESAR, CEASER, OVERLY posted by Rebecca Caesar on Saturday, September 11, 1999
- Looking for any info on Augustus (or august) CAESAR/CEASER. He immigrated from Germany, most likely between 1850-1856. I would love to know exactly when and from where in Germany. He married Caroline Osterwise/osterweis in about 1856. Probably in Sewickley Twp or Hempfield. He died in january of 1867. Anyone know anything else? Oh, he also had a brother named Jules or Julius who married a Rebecca OVERLY. He may have had a 2nd brother who immigrated with him as well. Thanks!.
- OSTERWEIS, ROSENSTEEL posted by Rebecca Caesar on Saturday, September 11, 1999
- I am looking for any info on Michael Osterweis. Particularly birth date and place info. I know he married Catherine Rosensteel in jan of 1836 in Greensburg,pa. He has a daughter named Caroline. any help would be much appreciated.
- MYERS, WILES posted by Rebecca Caesar on Saturday, September 11, 1999
- Looking for info on James Frank Wiles. I know he died on Sept 1, 1927 in Arnold, PA. I believe he was born in East Brady,PA. Would love to know when he was born and who his parents are. He married Susanna Myers. I am not sure when. 1880s are a good guess. Thanks in advance for any help.
- GOODMAN, STEINER posted by Rebecca Caesar on Saturday, September 11, 1999
- Looking for any info on Isabell steiner. All I know is she was born around 1848, most likely in Sewickley twp. She married Harry (harrison) Goodman on April 23, 1865 by reverend Lanhan. Any help would be GREAT!
- ARMOR, HALFERTY, HANNA, JOHNSTON, MATTHEWS, SMITH, TITTLE, WILT posted by Ralph Johnston on Saturday, September 11, 1999
- My great grandmother Rachel Hanna Johnston was born in Westmoreland County in June 1821. She died, I believe, between 1900 and 1905. Her husband was James C. Johnston and her children were Jane Elizabeth who married M.B. Wilt; John H. who married Jenny Smith; Ella B. who married John B. Tittle; James Walker whose wife was Esther; and Sarah Agnes who married a Halferty. I need to know when Rachel died and who her parents were..
- GARDNER, MAHONEY, PARRY, STRATTON posted by C. Parry on Saturday, September 11, 1999
- Westmoreland County - specifically Manor, Irwin, Westmoreland City locales. Also, Joseph (American Indian) adopted and early years spent in Braddock, Pa. Also looking for Union Cemetary,Westmoreland Co., records. Thanks .
- CHEESEBROUGH, MCGILVRAY posted by Judy Hall on Sunday, September 12, 1999
- Looking for information on my grandparents who lived in Monessen, Westmorland County, Pa. from the early 1920's until the 1970's. James Cheesebrough died in April of 1962. They lived on 10th Street. Ethel McGilvray's parents were Neil and Ella Holdridge McGilvray. James' parents were Charles and Nellie Hewing Cheesebrough. ANY help would be much appreciated. email@example.com.
- HARVEY, HOLMES, KESSLER, SLYE, WAMPLER posted by Sarah Holmes on Sunday, September 12, 1999
- I am looking for information regarding Jacob Holmes, of Donegal Township. He immigrated from Germany. He was born about 1755, died 1815. His will was written in German, and he signed his name Holems. It was signed 14 April 1815. I have an english transcription, but not a copy of the original. In the corner is written what appears to be "Will 544" I am searching for information about when Jacob came to Westmoreland Co., any information about his parents? Did he die in Westmoreland Co? Is he burried there? Any assistance would be much appreciated.
- PAYNE, THIEL posted by Duane King on Sunday, September 12, 1999
- Will exchange info on Payne and Thiel in Ligonier Twp, 1850 to 1920..
- BELL, CHUNDERLICH, GERHARD, HARLESS, HOWELL, KOSTIAL, MCGLAUGHLIN, MOON, OSTERWISE posted by Nancy Behanna on Monday, September 13, 1999
- I am researching my grandparents families. My grandfather was Clifford Moon (10/8/1906 - 4/1984) from Westmoreland County. He married Julia Ann Kostial. Her name was originally Yolanda, but was changed when she immigrated from Hungary, Austria or Czechoslovakia. Her parents were Paul Kostial and Adellia Chunderlich. Paul was in the army and defected. He later committed suicide because of it. Adellia and my grandmother, Julia, and her sister Margaret immigrated after him in 1912 and became citizens around 1940.
My grandfather�s parents were David Moon (may have died around 1945)_and Gertrude Howell (may have died around 1935). I believe David's father was also David from Gettysburg, PA and Gertrude was from Uniontown, PA. Apparently Gertrude was accused of being a witch because she was a healer. I don't know what happened to her.
His brothers and sisters were David, who died, Dorothy, Sarah, George, Marie, Minnie, Jenny or Jennie, William, Viola (in Gloversville?), Trogger (in Pitcaren?), and Catherine called "Cass".
Catherine married Mack McGlaughlin and had a son killed in Venezuela, and two daughters Jean and Nancy (deceased).
Jenny married Earl Gerhard (Mt Pleasant). Children are Dorothy Jean, Joyce, Dawn, Butch, and Robert.
Sarah married Elmer Harless and adopted Lee. (New Kensington, West Mifflen or Lower Burrel)
George married Lillian Osterwise and had Jim, Jane, Lois, Dick, Tom and Clover Gayle.
Dorothy married Ted Bell and had Ted, Donna, and Art.
If you know any information on my great grandparents or further back, I would appreciate the help. I'd like to know where they immigrated from. My grandfather may have been from Ireland, Scotland or England. My grandmother may have been from Hungary, Austria or Czechoslovakia
- FREEMAN, MOONEY, RITTENHOUSE posted by Donna Wolf on Monday, September 13, 1999
- Looking for a Samuel Freeman who probably lived in Westmoreland County around 1782 (appears in the militia list). He later moved to Miami County Ohio. Wife's name was Priscilla Rittenhouse. His sister (probably) Rebecca married Joseph Mooney (Moony).
- BRINKER, KIEHL posted by Janet Warter on Wednesday, September 15, 1999
- Would like info on the children of Daniel & Maria Catherina (BRINKER) KIEHL, of Westmoreland Co., PA. Maria Catherina BRINKER was born 22 Mar 1795 in Unity Twp., a daughter of George and Catherina BRINKER. Would like to hear from others researching this family, or the BRINKER family..
- BRINKER, RINGS posted by Janet Warter on Wednesday, September 15, 1999
- Looking for any info on the location and children of John & Anna (BRINKER) RINGS, originally in Westmoreland Co., PA. Anna BRINKER was born 17 July 1808 in Unity Twp., a daughter of George & Catherina BRINKER. Did they move to another state? Have not been able to find them in the PA census indexes. Would like to hear from anyone researching this family, or the BRINKER family.
- BOWMAN, BRINKER posted by Janet Warter on Wednesday, September 15, 1999
- Looking for more info on the children of Jacob & Sara (BRINKER) BOWMAN, probably of Hempfield Twp., Westmoreland Co., PA. Sara BRINKER was born 3 Feb. 1806 in Unity Twp., a daughter of George & Catherina BRINKER. Would like to hear from others researching this family, or the BRINKER family..
- BRINKER, ZIMMERMAN posted by Janet Warter on Wednesday, September 15, 1999
- Looking for children of Reuben & Susanna (BRINKER) ZIMMERMAN, probably of Hempfield Twp., Westmoreland Co., PA. Susanna BRINKER was born 19 Oct 1799 in Unity Twp., a daughter of George & Catherina BRINKER. Would like to hear from others researching this family, or the BRINKER family..
- BRINKER, THOMPSON posted by Janet Warter on Wednesday, September 15, 1999
- Looking for more data on the children of George & Anna (THOMPSON) BRINKER, of Derry Twp., near Latrobe, Westmoreland Co., PA. George BRINKER was born 21 June 1802 in Unity Twp., a son of George BRINKER (1765-1834) and Catherina (?-1834). Would like to hear from others researching this family..
- BRINKER, PAINTER posted by Janet Warter on Wednesday, September 15, 1999
- Looking for info on the children of John & Polly (BRINKER) PAINTER, possibly of Hempfield Twp., Westmoreland Co., PA. Magdalena/Polly BRINKER was born 14 Dec. 1796 in Unity Twp., a daughter of George & Catherina BRINKER. Would like to hear from others researching this family, or the BRINKER family..
- BRINKER, LEASURE posted by Janet Warter on Wednesday, September 15, 1999
- Looking for children of John & Margaret (BRINKER) LEASURE, probably of Hempfield Twp., Westmoreland Co., PA. Margaret was born 17 May 1791 in Unity Twp., a daughter of George BRINKER and Catherina. Would like to hear from others researching this family, or the BRINKER family..
- BAINBRIDGE, CLARK posted by Jeff Cokeley on Thursday, September 16, 1999
- I'm trying to find the dates of death of my Great Grandparents, William BAINBRIDGE, d.1900-1910 and his wife Margaret Ann CLARK, d. early 1930's. They lived in Westmoreland County in the 1880's. Can anyone tell me where I might be able to find cemetary records in West Moreland Co? Any suggestions would be appreciated..
- KAUFFMAN, WEAVER posted by Pat Cole on Thursday, September 16, 1999
- While working at the Westmoreland County Historical Society Library I found a letter dated 1984 from a W. David KAUFFMAN, Lindsay Road, Pittsburgh PA, researching a Mary WEAVER from South Huntington Township Westmoreland County, whom he believed was a sister of his great grandfather. I too am researching this family --have hit a major brick wall and want to find David or his family. Please help.
- MCCELLAND, SHERBONDY posted by Pat Cole on Thursday, September 16, 1999
- Searching for ancestors of a Mary Catherine MCCELLAND born 1825. Died I don't know. buried I don't know. Married to Phillip Alexander SHERBONDY. They might have lived in the Mendon Area as P.A. operated a store in Mendon for some time. Any help would be appreciated..
- BAIRD, BUCHANAN, REED posted by C. A. Rose on Friday, September 17, 1999
- Seeking marriage record of Nancy Agnes BUCHANAN (1823-1870, to Hugh BAIRD, (1821-1900,son of John Baird.) She a daughter of Thomas BUCHANAN and Nancy REED. This m. would have taken place no later than 1847, probably Westmoreland County, PA.
- BALDINGER, HARTUNG, KIENZLE, MAY posted by Judy Russell on Friday, September 17, 1999
- Elizabeth Baldinger was possibly the sister of Mary Magdelena Baldinger Hartung of Westmoreland County about 1910-1930. Mary Magdelena's parents are given as Carl and Elizabeth Smith Baldinger, born in Maryland. Elizabeth Smith Baldinger possibly married, 2nd, Mr. May. Mary Magdelena Baldinger Hartung had a large family in Jeannette during the 1920s. Would like to swap info about this family.
- ERRETT, FOX, HENRICH posted by Shirley Thompson on Saturday, September 18, 1999
- Rev. Henry ERRETT (Johann HENRICH) son of Christian Errett m. Catherine FOX in Westmoreland CO., Pa. Catherine Fox was b. about 1780. Believe shhe is the daughter of Peter Fox and Anna Margaret (?). Can anyone tell me the marriage date of Henry Errett and Catherine Fox, and verify the parentage of Catherine Fox.
- DANIEL, DANIELS, DANYO, MICHAEL posted by S Mort on Sunday, September 19, 1999
- Charles and Anna DANIELS, or DANYO, lived in Baggaley on a famr at the end of a long dirt lane. May have moved there about 1910, then moved to Midland, PA about 1930. (dates are approximate) DANYO was the original Slavic name, it was Americanized to DANIEL, then DANIELS somewhere along the way. They had several children while living there who may have been baptized at a local Greek Orthodox Church. Are any nearby? Also one son MICHAEL died of measles or chicken pox during that time and would have been buried there. Any GK ORTHX Cemeteries known? or names of any Cem in use at that time. Also I am sure daughters Susanna and Elizabeth did attend school there, possibly sons Paul, George, and Michael. I believe a Mr. Ridilla lives on the property now, or at least did 5 years ago. I would like to have any record of their stay there. George and Anna are my Gparents. George was a miner and may have been injured in a mining accident while living in the area so a hospital record may exist.
- BEVILACQUA posted by Pat Brooks on Monday, September 20, 1999
- BEVILACQUA - My grandfather immigrated to this country in the year 1903. He was born near Turin, Italy. According to the ships manifest, John Bevilacqua (Giovanni Baptista Bevilacqua) destination was Irwin, Pennsylvania and that would be the county of Westmoreland. He was going there to live with his brother Claude Bevilacqua. John later moved on to Southern Illinois, (Madison County) where he raised his family and spent the remaining years of his life. I would like to hear from anyone who is researching this name and might have a possible connection to my family. Thanks for your help.
- FULLMER, LEE posted by Lana VanVoorhis on Monday, September 20, 1999
- Looking for any information on Alexander LEE of Westmoreland County (father of Earl Lee b.1893 Washington Co.) Also any info on Isabelle FULLMER of Westmoreland Co. b. 1870's?.
- ALWINE, FERGUSONS, GUFFIE, KLINGENSMITH, LAUFFER, MCCLELLAN posted by Patrick Bogle on Tuesday, September 21, 1999
- I recently received a copy of a hand written note with some names on it. Each of these people married FERGUSONS from Harrison City, Westmoreland Co. The marriages probably took place in the late 1800's and very early 1900's. Any information on any of them would be greatly appreciated. The names on the list are Molly MCCLELLAN, Rossie McMURRIE, Cora ALWINE, Jerrie or Jessie LAUFFER, Homer KLINGENSMITH, and Bulah GUFFIE.
- FRY, HUFFMAN posted by Karen Dobbins on Tuesday, September 21, 1999
- Am researching my grgrandfather, Michael HUFFMAN of Westmoreland Co., PA, died in 1886. Married Ida L. FRY of Westmoreland Co., PA, in 1876. Born 1864, died 1930. Had 4 children, Francis, George, Gertrude, and John. Please email me privately if you have any info on Michael or Ida.
- PELSER, PELSOR posted by Donald Read on Tuesday, September 21, 1999
- Looking for any information on Peter PELSER shown in the 1790 Census, Derry Twp., Westmoreland Co., Penn. with 1 m. under 10, 1 m. 16-18, 1 m. 16-26, 1 m. over 45. 1 f. 11-16, 1 f. 26-45. Have Pelsers in Indiana abt. 1830. All PELSER/PELSOR people appear to be related..
- ANSEL, COSSEL posted by Marylin on Thursday, September 23, 1999
- My Pennsylvania ancestors include ANSEL and COSSEL who I believe may have lived in Westmoreland Co for a time. Looking for information to complete my research and have information to share.
- FLETCHER, MCCAULEY posted by W B McColly on Saturday, September 25, 1999
- David MCCAULEY b. Unity Twp Westmoreland Co 1815 (father Zachariah II, mother Rebecca FLETCHER) m. 1845 Lucinda Leasure (LeSueur) moved to West Salem Wayne Co OH 1850-1853. D. 1885 buried Unity Presby. Church Cem. Would like info on descendants.
- GORSHIN, HARVATIC, HRAVATIC posted by Sandy Weir on Saturday, September 25, 1999
- Mathew HRAVATIC (HARVATIC), res. Claridge, Penn Twp., Westmoreland Co., origianally from Coratia, Austria, killed(1920-27?) in McCulla coal mine accident, leaving wife, Louisa GORSHIN of Smikel, Austria and Claridge with children Rose, John, Mary, Angeline, Emma, Anna, Joseph, and Rudy.
- BELL, MCLAUGHLIN, MINOR, WELSH posted by Dione Bell Hayes on Monday, September 27, 1999
- I am looking for additonal information or corrections on the following family: Robert BELL b 1736 Belfast Northern Ireland, d June 11, 1826, m Jane MINOR ca. 1764. Jane b Ireland d April 3, 1791 Westmoreland County, PA. Robert BELL resided south of the site of Greensburg, Westmoreland County, PA prior to the Revolution. Children: Joseph BELL b July 17, 1765 Westmoreland County PA, d January 16, 1803 Kentucky; James BELL b December 10, 1766 Westmoreland County, PA; Elizabeth BELL b February 2, 1768 Westmoreland County, PA; Samuel "Squire" BELL b. February 10, 1773 (possibley South of Greensburg) d June 9, 1856 Bell Homestead, Chambersville, Rayne Twp. Indiana County PA m Jane WELSH; William BELL b February 10, 1776; Margaret BELL b February 1779, m James MCLAUGHLIN; John BELL b January 28, 1770, d May 18, 1855 Hamilton, Perry Twp. Jefferson County PA (1st Constable elected in county); Jane BELL b 1766. I am the most interested in Robert Bell, Jane Minor, Samuel Squire ! ! Bell, Jane Welsh.
- SWANGER, TUCKER posted by Doug Tucker on Monday, September 27, 1999
- Looking for information on descendants of Isaac Tucker (bc1813) and Mary Ann Swanger (1814-1901) who settled in vicinity of Greensburg, Westmoreland Co before 1850. One known son, Charles Tucker (1843-1912) later settled in McKeesport. Isaac Tucker was born in Genoa Twp, Cayuga Co NY and moved with his family to Huron Co., OH about 1828. He married Mary Ann Swanger in Huron Co in 1835.
- CASTERWILER, JOHN, JOHNS, NOWASKI, RUTHSTED posted by Bonnie Sawyer on Tuesday, September 28, 1999
- 1875 settled in the Bovard - Greensburg area of Westmoreland County..
- BROSHEARS, GRAY, MCGILL posted by Gordon A Magill on Wednesday, September 29, 1999
- A James William McGill of Scotland married Sarah Ann Broshears in Derry Twp, Westmoreland, PA, 20 Dec. 1775. His son William McGill, b: 8 May 1807 in PA - d: 19 Sep 1879 in OH, Ross Cty, Jefferson Twp, married Eleanor Gray, b: c1812 in PA - d: Aft 1880 in OH? m: Abt 1833 William may have previously been married to Mary Stephen, 31 Dec. 1829, in Jefferson, IN. I am looking for information on this family..
- MCMILLEN, SNYDER, YARD posted by Lois Simon on Wednesday, September 29, 1999
- I am searching for information on my great grandfather, William McMillen born 1820 died 1886 and is buried in West Fairfield Methodist Cemetery in Westmoreland County, PA. He was married to Mary Yard daughter of William Yard and Abagail Snyder. I know he was descended from McMillens who are from Ireland and settled in Donegal Twp., Westmd. County but can't seem to make the connection. I'd also like to know if he had any brothers or sisters? I know there is a family Bible somewhere but can't locate it. Help!.
- HECTOR, ZINK posted by Joan Sanchini on Thursday, September 30, 1999
- Searching for info on Esther E. Hector born in Youngstown, Westmoreland County on Aug. 27, 1898 or anyother Hector family members..
- MCCONNELL, MCINTIRE, MCKINLEY, REED posted by Sharon Wilcox on Thursday, September 30, 1999
- Searching for information on parents and siblings of William McCONNELL who married Nancy REED 21 March 1823 in Washington Twp., Westmoreland Co., PA. They were married by John Wells Esq. according to Marriages 1818-1865 Westmoreland Co., PA. Her father is thought to be James REED who also lived in Washington Twp. Believe the McConnell's and Reed's both came from Ireland in late 1700's. Need to know from where in Ireland they came and when. William McCONNELL's father was John McCONNELL and his mother was Elizabeth McINTIRE McKINLEY. She is supposed to have been a sister of President McKINLEY's grandfather. I would like to know if she was married first to a McINTIRE and if so what was his name. Any information at all that will help me to sort out the pieces of this puzzle would be most appreciated..
Return to the Archived
Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to Westmoreland County Home Page
(c) Westmoreland County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project