- CARNAHAN, FINLEY, NEFF posted by Brenda Cavill on Saturday, May 1, 1999
- I need Information on James CARNAHAN who married Eleanor FINLEY abt.1800.They were the parents of Eliza CARNAHAN born abt. 1808 in South Huntington Twp.,Westmoreland Co.,Pa. Eliza married Emanuel NEFF in 1829..
- CORT, KORT, MCQUAID posted by Brian McQuaid on Sunday, May 2, 1999
- McQuaids lived in Westmoreland Co. from mid 1700's on. James F. McQuaid b. Sept 1830 m. Amanda Cort Oct 1853 Children: Daniel, Sarah, Willaim, Charles, Joseph, Lucetta, Edward, Emma & John. James appears to be the son of James, grandson of Patrick. i am working on little more info than that. If you have anything that touches on this name would appreciate hearing from you..
- KRIEGER, MCCANN posted by Arlene Randall on Sunday, May 2, 1999
- My Grandmother used to travel from Tioga, Tioga,Pa. to visit relatives in Greenberg. My ggrandfather William McCann b.? d. 1945, Mary Louise ? b.1860 d.1919. Brother Leman and two half sisters Mable and Jenny Saxtene Any help would greatly appreciated. Arlene Randall,NC..
- SOASH, STEVENSON posted by Nancy Stevenson Rubino on Monday, May 3, 1999
- I am looking for any information on the following who were born in Westmoreland County: Robert STEVENSON, born 1831; Martha Ann SOASH, dob August 7, 1832..
- WAGLEY posted by Alan Thelen on Monday, May 3, 1999
- I am looking for information on Jacob David WAGLEY. He was born 1810 or 1811 in Westmorland county. Would appriciate any information..
- MCDONALD, TAYLOR posted by Judy Benarrous on Wednesday, May 5, 1999
- I am seeking info on family of James Taylor - b 1804 in Westmoreland Co, married Hannah McDonald, b 1807 in Pittsburgh - married 1826 -- they had 11 children one of whom was John, b April 29, 1832, who moved west to Illinois and then Iowa..
- BRACKEN, CONNELL, CRAWFORD, CUNNIN, MCANO, MOUNTS posted by Wayne Bracken on Wednesday, May 5, 1999
- IN 1783, ANN CONNELL left land in WHEATFIELD TWP "bought of ROBERT McANO(?) adjoining WM BRACKEN and SAMUEL CUNNIN" to her daughters NANCY and POLLY CONNELL. Does anyone know where this land was, what ever happened to this land, who bought this land from McANO(?)? Did THOMAS MOUNTS sell this land?.
- CEASE, SEAS, SEASE, SIESS, SUESS posted by Kathy Cardoza on Wednesday, May 5, 1999
- I am interested in finding out information about Martin CEASE. He was also known by the surnames of SEAS, SEASE, SIESS, and SUESS. He lived in Unity Twnship of Westmoreland County from about 1810 untill 1843 when he died there. He married a Dorothy _______ and they had at least the following children: Elizabeth, Margaret, Charlotte, Marie, and Jacob. Any information would be appreciated!.
- DONAHUE, HILL, WILL posted by Judy Douglas on Thursday, May 6, 1999
- Looking for the following family: 1860 PA Census Ligonier Twp. Westmoreland Co., Samuel DONAHUE, 60, laborer, b. PA
Agnes M. 16 housekeeper
Jacob D. 13
Margret HILL (or WILL) House laborer (Sam's wife appears to be dead).
- JENKINS, PHILIPS, PHILLIPS posted by Herb Phillips on Thursday, May 6, 1999
- Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania. I am looking for any information on a Ray/Roy PHILIPS/PHILLIPS. Birth: Williamsport, Pennsylvania is a possibility. The following is what I have been able to ascertain from hearsay and remembering bits and pieces of conversation over the years. This is a 75-year mystery. Also the story and leads could have been a deception to keep us from ever finding him. As the story goes he and my grandmother Eva (also known as Evo) JENKINS met in Louisville, Kentucky @ 1924 when he was 23. He was working in the carnival or circus in the middle 1920s as a showman or outrigger. His job could have taken him as far as Arkansas, Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas. My grandmother was attracted to the circus life. From my personal knowledge and photographs of her in her late teens; and when my brother and I used to visit and live with her during the summer, she was always putting on skits, building trapezes for us to swing on and even taught us to walk on stilt! s. They were supposed to have gotten married in Apr 1924 somewhere in Oldham Co., KY. Oldham country is a deduction because Eva said they went up the river for about a 1 1/2 hour drive to get married. However, a check of all counties along the Ohio river have proven unsuccessful. One year later 15 Mar 1925 my father, Francis (Frank) Murray PHILLIPS was born. The name Ray PHILIPS was put on the birth certificate. He had black hair and blue-gray eyes. It is alleged he left Louisville, KY in Apr 1925 and died in a construction accident somewhere in southwestern Pennsylvania. Eva was born 6 Jan 1905 in Scottsville, Allen Co., KY. She died in Louisville, Jefferson Co., KY 14 Feb 1979. She went to her grave with any information concerning Francis�s father. It was alleged that his (Ray/Roy) mother offered Eva and her son (Francis) refuge and send her a bus ticket to live with her somewhere in southwestern Pennsylvania, but because it was one-way, she refused the tickets. Whenever, th! e subject was brought up, she quickly changed the subject. It is a real possibility that he was born out of wedlock and the social pressures of the day prevented her talking about it. If anyone has heard of a Ray/Roy PHILIPS/PHILLIPS working in the carnival or circus around the middle 1920s, I would appreciate hearing from you. Sorry this took so long to explain, but I have been hitting the wall on this part of the family for over 25 years. Thanking you in advance. Herb Phillips. .
- BRYAN, GRACE, REDDING, SUTER posted by Floyd Grace on Friday, May 7, 1999
- Looking for information on a Captian Joseph Suter Thanks Floyd B. Grace.
- THOMAS posted by Berdine Robert on Friday, May 7, 1999
- Looking for information on my grandfathers family.last record I could find was the 1910 census showing the family living in Oak Grove, Westmoreland county Pa.there was my dad Thomas, brothers Frank, August, James and sisters Annie and Elsie.My grandfather was married to Bolego caroline.My dad was born in Freeland Pa. in 1890. The name cccould have been changed somewhere along the line. Would like to hear from anyone who might connect with this. Thanks..... .
- BARR, MCCAMISH, MCCOMISH, MCCORNISH posted by Phyllis Roseberry on Friday, May 7, 1999
- I am researching a Robert McCamish/McComish/McCornish who was born in Cumberland County in the late 1760's or early 1770's. He married Jane Barr, born about the same time as Robert. She was the daughter of Robert Barr and Sarah Bulough/Bullock. Robert and Jane married in the late 1780's or early 1790's and came to Buffalo Township, Westmoreland County, at that time, later it cecame part of Armstrong County. Robert served at different times between 1790-1794 with John Elliott's Company of the Westmoreland County Pennsylvania Militia. In 1793-94 the unit was commanded bt Abraham Cahill.Robert was assigned toa rifle company in the Second Battalion of the Third Regiment of the Westmoreland County Militia. I am interested in any information about this unit and about Robert McCamish or his family. At present I know only that he had five sons, two of which I know are William,born in 1796, and Daniel, born in 1802; he had one daughter, name unknown. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you..
- COOPER, FRYE, KYLE, SHEPLER, VOORHIS posted by Fred Shepler on Friday, May 7, 1999
- Looking in Westmoreland County,Pa. for connections to the names of Shepler,Cooper,Kyle,Frye,and Voorhis..
- FISHER, ZIMMERMAN posted by John Graham on Saturday, May 8, 1999
- My wife traces her roots on her mother's side back to Jacob Emery Zimmerman, b. 1842 to Samuel and Mary Zimmerman, and Lucy Jane Fisher, b. 1848 to Joseph and Margaret Fisher. All but Samuel appear on 1850 census for North Huntington Twp., Westmoreland County. Would like any further info..
- SAGERSON, SEGERSON, SIGERSON posted by Chuck Sigerson on Saturday, May 8, 1999
- The family settled Western Pa around 1750 and listed in Westmoreland County as a place they settled for awhile. I'm trying to prove that. Can anyone help?.
- REDRICK posted by Cindy Beatty on Sunday, May 9, 1999
- Seeking info on parents of Harry George Redrick b. Sept 1891 in Westmoreland County, PA..
- MCBRIDE, SHILLING posted by Norm Piwonka on Sunday, May 9, 1999
- I am looking for information on the parents of George Shilling who was born February 24, 1781 in Westmoreland County and married Elizabeth McBride. George & Elizabeth moved to Mercer County about 1812-1814. I believe George Shilling's father is also George Shilling and that he was a Revolutionary War verteran and also a resident of Westmoreland County. I am also looking for information on the parents of Elizabeth McBride. She also was born in Westmoreland County. .
- LEMON, SCOTT posted by Jennifer Rader on Sunday, May 9, 1999
- Seeking info on Elizabeth Lemon. She married James Scott of Westmoreland County in the 1790s. Their children include James, John, William, Alexander, Samuel, Mary, and another daughter. I believe Elizabeth's father was named Alexander..
- BIGELOW, IRWIN, LITTEL, STEVENS, WILLSON, WILSON, WOODS posted by Mary Rydberg on Sunday, May 9, 1999
- BENJAMIN FRANKLIN WILSON (WILLSON) is the father of WILLIAM WESLEY WILSON (WILLSON). William was born about 1805 and married Mary Ann Bigelow in Westmoreland Cnty, @1837-1839. My earliest data on this family is from the 1850 Alleghany Twp, Venango Cnty, PA Census where WILLIAM WILLSON, age 45, and MARY ANN BIGELOW WILLSON, age 35, both born in PA, are listed with their children:
Mary Ann, 13
Martha J., 12
Susan E., 10, she marries J.R. LITELL
John P?, 9
Geo. W., 7
James L., 3
Andrew, O-2 They later have three additional children:
Sylevnus b:1851, PA, who marries MARTHA ANN STEVENS
Israel b:1853, IA, who marries ANN REBECCA WOODS
Lucinda b:1857, IA, who marries WINFIELD SCOT IRWIN
Also found on:
1856 Iowa State Cen: Jefferson Twp,Greene Cnty,
1860 Greene Cty, Rippy, IA,
1870 Rising Sun, Four Mile Township, Polk Cnty, IA.
I am hoping to find further marriage data on the children and to gather more info about Benjamin Franklin Willson. The name sometimes occurs as Willson and sometimes Wilson. Current family spelling is Wilson..
- TERWILLIGER posted by Vickie Young on Sunday, May 9, 1999
- Looking for all TERWILLIGER descendants in Westmoreland County PA..
- GAUSS, HENRY, VOGELSANG, WALTERS posted by Robin Crawford on Monday, May 10, 1999
- Looking for parents of Lydia Henry born 1859 Greensburg, PA. She married James Gauss & they had children: Elmer, Sarah, William, Ray, Anna Margaret, Streator, Elizabeth & Paul..
- CARUTHERS, CULBERTSON, RITCHEY posted by Mary Smith on Tuesday, May 11, 1999
- Need any info re: Jane Caruthers, wife of John Ritchey, mother of Rebecca Ritchey. Rebecca b.1/24/1807, Westmoreland, Pa.d. 9/3/1893. Rebecca m. John Culbertson in 1827. John & Rebecca parents of Charles Clinton Culbertson,b.10/30/1873, Emleton, Venango Co., Pa.,d.9/18/1950, Escondido, Calif.
- FREET, YOUNG posted by Ed Burns on Thursday, May 13, 1999
- Looking for information on Daniel Young and his wife Ella Freet. They lived in Bell Twp. Avonmore during the 1900 and 1910 census. They had three children Lloyd,Rebecca and William. Ella's mother Addie Freet also lived with them. Daniel's occopation was retail grocery merchant. 1910 they lived at Indiana and 4th street. .
- HEILMAN, MAURER, MINNICH, MYERS, SCHAEFFER, WINGARD, WINGARDS posted by Monette Taylor on Thursday, May 13, 1999
- Looking for WINGARD ancestors for Wal "John" VALENTINE WINGARD born 13 Apr 1855. He married in Armstrong County to Rosa Emma HEILMAN, born 1862 and they resided in Leechburg prior to moving circa 1899 to Canton, Stark County, Ohio. Surnames the WINGARDS married into in PA were MYERS MAURER SCHAEFFER and MINNICH..
- ESSICK, LONG, MURRAY, SAURER, SNYDER posted by Donna Allen on Friday, May 14, 1999
- Elizabeth Ankney, age 14, was orphaned in 1807. Orphan's court records show she was the d/o Jacob Ankeny, of Donegal Twp., Westmoreland County and that John Murray of Fayette County became her guardian. Would like any info on this Ankeny family. Will share info. .
- CALEB, FAUSOLD, FREEMAN, FRYE-FRY, GETTEMY, HETHERINGTON, HOSACK, HUNTER, MYERS, SANNER posted by Carolyn Myers on Friday, May 14, 1999
- All the names come together some way. They all lived around Westmoreland Co. before There was a Kecksburg,Pa. Looking for any info on any of the names listed... thanks for any help..
- BARRON, LONGENECKER, NEWLON, WISSER posted by Marge Yates on Friday, May 14, 1999
- Am a descendent of Elijah Newlon and Anne McGrew, both born in the mid-1700's. Their parents were William and Hannah Newlon. Elijah & Anne's children were Nathan, William, Mary, James, Hannah, Elijah and Simon. Son Elijah married Sarah Garrett and their children were Elizabeth, Anne, Elijah, Rebecca, Nathan, Richard, Benson, Sarah & Archibald. There was a marriage to a Longenecker (don't know to whom)-- my great-grandfather being Elijah Newlon Longenecker. He then married Rebecca Barron, my great-grandmother, whose daughter, Anne Elizabeth Longenecker, married Albert J. Wisser, my grandfather. My father is Louis Henry Wisser, deceased. Lost track of some since my grandfather, Albert, was killed in an accident when my father was in his early 20's. Many of these people were from the West Newton/Sutersville area, Westmoreland County. Any help will be appreciated..
- CAMPBELL, GUFFEY, LOWERY, LOWRY, SCHANER, SHANER, WARNE, WARREN posted by Joy Zeller on Friday, May 14, 1999
- Gathering information on the above Westmoreland Co families:.
- FREEMAN, HERSHBERGER, NICHOLS, SHONTZ posted by Mildred Hildreth on Saturday, May 15, 1999
- I am researching the ancestors and descendants of William NICHOLS of Mt Pleasant, Westmoreland Co., PA, b. 22 Feb 1843, d. 11 Apr 1910 who married Eliza FREEMAN b. 16 March 1844 who was daughter of Samuel FREEMAN and Elvira SHONTZ. I would happily exchange information with anyone interested..
- HILL posted by Pattty Mercer on Monday, May 17, 1999
- How would one go about finding German surname changes in WESTMORELAND CO. pre-Revolutionary War? Are there court records? I have searched several lists of names, but could find no Hills. Joseph Hill is the subject of my search. If anyone has answers to this question, I would appreciate hearing from you. Patty Mercer .
- PARKE, THOMPSON posted by Marilyn Threlkeld on Tuesday, May 18, 1999
- Seeking location of two inns, believed to be along the old toll road [around Laughlinstown, near Laurel Run or Washington Furnace??] Ligonier Twp,Westmoreland Co. One was run by Joseph PARKE [1818-1892] & wife Jane THOMPSON,[1822-1907]. Both are bur in Stahlstown Cem, Westmoreland Co.The other [down the road] by James THOMPSON [1810-1871] & wife Jane Park [1816-1860].Mar Westmoreland Co, 1832. Moved to Linn Co. IA by 1850. Neither of these inns is on the site of the current Washington Furnace Inn. The original inns were beside a creek. Would like to visit site next mo..
- DEWITT, HULL posted by Michele Paonessa on Wednesday, May 19, 1999
- Tobias Hull and family were mentioned in the 1870 Census for St Clair Township and New Florence Borough in Westmoreland County. A John Hull and family were also mentioned. Are Tobias and John brothers? Were they born in Westmoreland County?.
- CAMPBELL, LEMON, MCCOOL, QUINN, SCOTT posted by Jennifer Rader on Wednesday, May 19, 1999
- Seeking family of Alexander Lemon of Derry Twp., who died April 1825. His wife, Margaret, and children: Alexander, Polly (md James Quinn), Anna (md Campbell), Elizabeth "Betsy" (md James Scott), and Peggy..
- REISS, RICE posted by Harry Sharp on Wednesday, May 19, 1999
- Researching the RICE/RIESS Family who are listed in church records as having lived in Westmoreland Co. for some time..
- GARDNER, RICHTER, RICHY, SPAHR, SPAWR posted by Ellen Byrne on Thursday, May 20, 1999
- My ancestor Anna Margaret RICHTER, b germany, ca 1770. 1773 to America, her mother died on the voyage. 1792 she married Johan Valentine SPAWR, son of Johan George SPAHR and Margaret VALENTINE. 1802, Samuel RICHY (RICHTER), left a lot to his dau who married Valentine Spawr, in Hempfield twp. Samuel may have also lived in franklin twp. Researchers have told me,Samuel married Juliana, after Samuel's death she married Abraham GARDNER and moved to Armstrong Co. Both Valentine Spawr and Anna Margaret died in McLean Co. Il. Any help as to where Samuel is buried or the name of his first wife, greatly appreciated. thank you..
- GRENS, HESS posted by Dora Grens on Thursday, May 20, 1999
- Looking for any relations to EDWARD ANTHONY GRENS, listed in family records as being born in Westmoreland County ~ 1893 (ran away @ 14 & joined Army, so stated birth year is probably incorrect). Father listed on SS records as JOHN GRENS and mother as former MARY HESS. Possible different spelling for birth name (Grenz? Grensky? Grenstein?) Family verbal history states heritage as Pennsylvania "Dutch", (lowlands of Germany or Netherlands, not Polish?) Any help would be greatly appreciated!.
- WARWICK posted by David McCullough on Thursday, May 20, 1999
- Looking for information on a Noah David WARWICK born 01 March 1871 in Mt. Pleasant in Westmoreland County, PA. We believe he was 1 of 5 children. We think his fathers name was Wm. James WARWICK. Anyone have anything on these folks? Thank you..
- BANKS, REESE, RHEES posted by Nancy Veits on Thursday, May 20, 1999
- searching for Dr. Morgan Rhees/Reese Banks 1813/14-1908 of Livermore, Derry Twp, Westmoreland Co. wife: nancy, children: Clark W., Samuel and Jennie. any info on this family, town, possible cemeteries would be greatly appreciated. nancy.
- FERGUSON posted by Sue Crane on Saturday, May 22, 1999
- I am helping my daughter reseach her paternal family in Pennsylvania. We have a death certificate for James R. Fergerson (family uses Ferguson spelling today). We don't know if this is a spelling error or the name changed. This certificate is dated 12/17/1928. Birthdate 2/26/1857/death 12/25/1928. Wife Ella, parents Robert Fergerson/Rachel Rea (both parents born in Ireland). Any info greatly appreciated. Paricularly interested if family plot exists in Rehoboth Cemetery. Many thanks for any help..
- BAIRD, HENDERSON, MCCRAY, ROWAN, SNYDER posted by Janelle Skank on Saturday, May 22, 1999
- I am searching for information about Joseph BAIRD and his wife Jane or Jenny HENDERSON. They are the parents of Charles Baird, born June 28,1818 in Westmoreland Co. (Fairfield Tp.) I believe Joseph's father was William BAIRD, and Jane/Jenny's mother was Polly (maiden name unknown), and was from Ireland. I'm also looking for info about Nicolus SNYDER and Christina ROWAN, parents of Martha SNYDER who was born June 12, 1817 in Westmoreland Co. (Fairfield Tp.) And I would like to find out more about Joseph MCCRAY, born July 10, 1836 in Philadelphia. He later moved to Fairfield Tp. and married Hannah Jane BAIRD. I have found many of these ancestors in the census files, but would appreciate more detailed info. I would be happy to share what I know..
- BROUGHER, SIMPSON posted by Laura Swires on Sunday, May 23, 1999
- Searching for my ggrandmother, Clara Brougher, daugher of Amos Brougher and Emma Hauger.
- BRINKER, GALLAGHER, GRESS, HELLER, MURDOCK posted by Jeep Green on Monday, May 24, 1999
- Looking for the descendants of gg grandfather William F. and Angeline Sadler Brinker of Maple Avenue, Greensburg, PA in Westmoreland County. He was the son of Simon Brinker of Trauger. She was the daughter of Michael Sadler and Anna Hoffman. They had four children: Margaret (b1872) married James Gallagher. Simon Keller Brinker (b1876) married a Marie Shirley. Mary Jane Brinker (b.1879) married Cecil Heller. my g grandmother Anna Mary Brinker (b.1873)married Ira H. Gress..
- KEIM, SHIREY posted by Chris Schultz on Monday, May 24, 1999
- Looking for information on Philip and Elizabeth(Keim)Shirey. According to a history of Westmoreland Co., Philip Shirey settled in Unity Twp. with his wife Elizabeth (Keim)Shirey. They arrived in 1810. They were parents of the following children. Daniel who married Susanna Shope while still living in Bucks Co.(I think they meant Berks Co.)and they had the following children,Charles born in Bucks Co., Joseph, Jacob, David,Philip, Daniel, and Susanna; John who moved from Westmoreland Co., and went to Ohio, and eventually returned to Bucks Co. (Berks Co.) where he eventually died (John was my ancestor), Samuel who married Martha Shurrick and lived and died in Unity Twp. and had the following children, Elizabeth, Paul, Catherine, John, Rachel, Margaret, Mary, Martha, Sophia, and Charles; Rudolph who married Christina Waugh and lived at Millwood, Derry Twp., David who married Martha Aukerman, their children were: Jacob, George, Mary, and Christina; Esther who married a Nicely and died at Ligenier and was the mother of the late A.A. Nicely; Elizabeth who became the wife of Henry Kuhns, Catherine who married a Weaver. Looking to find where Philip and Elizabeth Shirey are buried in Westmoreland Co.I have baptismal records for their children in Berks Co. Willing to share any info I have. Thanks .
- BAINBRIDGE, CONNOR, CONNORS, MCCASHIN posted by Karen Overcashier on Tuesday, May 25, 1999
- I am grandaughter of John & Mary Jane (Bainbridge) Connors of Lemont Furnace, Pa. Fayette County, Looking for info on greatgrandparents. John Connors father (John O'Connor, with wife, Ellen McCashin lived in Mammouth, Westmoreland County, Lisenring, Fayette County. Wife, Ellen McCashin buried somewhere in Mammouth, WESTMORELAND, County. Unable to find anything on Ellen McCashin) John O'Connor orinally from Cork County, Ireland. Also, looking for birth mother of Mary Jane Bainbridge Connors. Her father Robert(from England) & stepmother Bridgette buried in Park Cemetary, Uniontown, Pa. Coal miners for Frick Co. John O'Connor, John Connors & Robert Bainbridge lived in Lemont Furnace, Mammouth, Smock, Lisenring & other locations. John O'Connor & John Connors buried in Sylvian Heights Cemetary, Uniontown, Pa. .
- HANEY, PHIPPS posted by Jennifer Rader on Tuesday, May 25, 1999
- Seeking info on Catherine HANEY, b 2 Jun 1773 in Westmoreland County, md John PHIPPS in 1794, d 1833 in Clinton, Venango..
- HUTCHESON, HUTCHINSON, HUTCHISON posted by Peggy on Wednesday, May 26, 1999
- Seeking information on George HUTCHESON who is listed in the 1790 Census, Donegal Twp. In IGI, a George HUTCHISON died February 1818, Donegal Twp., and I'm assuming this is the same George. His surname could also be spelled HUTCHINSON.
- FISHER, MCDOWELL posted by Nora Taylor on Wednesday, May 26, 1999
- Searching for parents, birth date and place of Samuel McDowell. He and widowed, unnamed mother are at Fort Ligonier, Westmoreland Co., PA by 1766. Family tradition says widow McDowell 2nd m. Benjamin Seaton. Samuel McDowell m. Hannah Fisher, dtr. of Abel and Rachel Howee (Whowee) Fisher. Samuel & Hannah's children: Margaret, Elizabeth, Rachel, Mary, Samuel, Abel, Matthias, Thomas & Amy (Emmy). Be glad to share what I have.
- HARVEY, LANG, MCKELVIE, PAYNE, RUNT, SAVAGE, ZWICK posted by Thea King on Thursday, May 27, 1999
- Searching for info on RUNT, & SAVAGE families of Irwin, Westmoreland Co., PA. Ancestors of Theodore Matthew Runt & Ethel Jean Savage.
- BAINBRIDGE, CONNORS, MCCASHIN, OCONNOR posted by Karen Overcashier on Thursday, May 27, 1999
- Searching for Mammouth Cemetaries, Westmoreland County. Ellen (McCashin) O'Connor, wife of John O'Connor Believed to be buried in Old Catholic Cemetary in Mammouth area. Looking for church records, cemetary records, any information on old cemetaries that may have changed denominations after 1930.
- HOWELL, NURSE, VAUGHAN posted by Faith Richardson on Thursday, May 27, 1999
- William Edgar VAUGHAN (b1864 Staffordshire, ENG)married Katherine HOWELL (b 1865) and immigrated to New Kensington, Westmoreland County, PA in 1905. Katherine had 6 children,Elsie Violet (married Thomas NURSE 1906), Clara Hilda & Lucy. Don't know other three or why they chose this area to relocate to (other relatives?)? These are my great grandparents and I look forward to hearing from other Vaughans.
- RICHFORD, ROBERTS posted by Rose Spencer on Thursday, May 27, 1999
- Seeking info on Thomas RICHFORD who d 1800 Mercer Co. PA, marr to Esther _____. Their dtr Mary Ann b abt 1746 in Georgetown,Kent,MD marr Robert Morgan ROBERTS. Who were Thomas' parents and what was Esther's surname .
- CATTS, DIBLE, KATZ posted by Mary Boyd on Friday, May 28, 1999
- Searching for information on Rebeca (Catts/Katz) Dible who was born in Plum Township, Allegheny Co to Peter and Mary Brawdy Catts. Rebeca married Mr. Dible; in 1858 Rebeca was living in Penn Township, Westmoreland Co, PA. Please contact me if you have information on her husband and or children. I have information on her parents and siblings..
- CATTS, KATZ, ROSE posted by Mary Boyd on Friday, May 28, 1999
- Searching for information on John and Jane (Catts) Rose. Jane was born in Plum Township (about 1810)to Peter and Mary Brawdy Catts. Jane Catts married John Rose before 1836; they were living in Penn Townshp, Westmoreland Co, PA in the 1870 census. John Rose was a Justice of the Peace . Please contact me if you have information on this family..
- CLINGINGSMITH, KLINGELSMITH, KLINGENSCHMIDT, KLINGENSMITH, KLINGINGSMITH posted by Karen Morgan on Sunday, May 30, 1999
- Looking for information on John Philip Klingenschmidt killed on farm by Indians July 2, 1781 in Westmoreland County, PA and/or his descendants.
Return to the Archived
Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to Westmoreland County Home Page
(c) Westmoreland County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project