- BOUGHMAN, EISAMAN, NEAL posted by Kevin Eisaman on Monday, March 1, 1999
- I'm looking for any information about my grandparents and back. My father was Clifford Eisaman he married Maragret Neal both were from Yukon in Westmorland Co. My grandparent were Emery Eisaman and Elizabeth Boughman. They are buried outside of Greensburg Pa.
- EWER, GRAHAM posted by R.L. McElroy on Monday, March 1, 1999
- I would like very much to have any information about my GGGrandfather Thompson GRAHAM b. 1/6/1811 in Northern Ireland. He immigrated to the U.S. with his parents and siblings about 1819/20. He married Mary Ann EWER in Freeport, PA on 25 May 1835. He was a Ruling Elder in the Brookland Congregation of the Reformed Presbyterian Church in Allegheny Twp., Westmoreland Co., PA. In 1854 he migrated to Louisa Co., IA with his wife and family. Any help or hints would be appreciated.
- HORNER, THOMPSON posted by Carol McPhail on Tuesday, March 2, 1999
- Am searching for parents of Samuel J. HORNER B: 1827-31 (census says Westmoreland Co.) M Sarah E. THOMPSON. By 1856 already settled in CA. Both parents born in PA.
- BOYD posted by Kathleen Anthony on Wednesday, March 3, 1999
- I am at a dead end. If anyone can help me, please! I have gone as far as I can with this one. Robert Boyd, born 1810/1811, married Sarah Beale and lived in Bethel Township, Armstrong County, PA. In the 1880 Census for that area, he states that he and his parents were born in Westmoreland County, PA. I cannot find a match. He and his wives are buried in Bethel Township, Armstrong County, PA.
- ALTMAN, SWOPE posted by Mary Grabulis on Wednesday, March 3, 1999
- Any info on a Wilhelm Altman and his wife Barbara Ann Swope. They were born in Westmoreland Co, PA. He was born in 1778 and died in Clermont Co, Oh in 1850.
- FINDLEY posted by Laurane on Wednesday, March 3, 1999
- George Findley b 1830 Pittsburgh, PA marr Matilda abt 1855 of Westmoreland Co. PA and had sons Cassius and Robert. Cassius marr Mary J. abt 1876 and had son George and dg. Laura. George Sr went to Kansas in 1875 after the death of Matilda and the sons stayed in PA. Any help on this elusive family appreciated. Geo was a Pvt in Co I-168th PA Inf and also had 2 brothers alive at time of his death in 1907.
- CAMPBELL, GALBREATH, RAMSEY posted by May Tantlinger on Wednesday, March 3, 1999
- Looking for Elizabeth/Lizzie Ramsey b. abt. 1780, living in Westmoreland Co., PA, 1800, 1810, 1820, 1830. May have been married to James Galbreath and/or Michael Campbell.
- AMBROSE, BITNER, MATTHEWS, SCOTT posted by May Tantlinger on Wednesday, March 3, 1999
- Looking for parents of James Scott, b. abt June 6, 1805, living in Westmoreland Co., PA in 1830, m. Catherine Bitner, d. abt. April 7, 1881 in Ligonier Twp., Westmoreland Co., PA. His mother's first name was Elizabeth.
- SHAEFER, TROXELL, TRUXALL posted by Dee Cameron on Thursday, March 4, 1999
- Mary Elizabeth (Eliza) SHAEFER abt. 1820-1870, of Westmoreland Co., PA. Mother may have been TRUXALL or TROXELL. Lived near Greensburg. Married John Tim and moved to Pittsburgh area. Would appreciate any leads as to who her parents were.
- GLASGOW, TAYLOR posted by Jack Glasgow on Thursday, March 4, 1999
- Richard TAYLOR, wrote his will in 1800 in Westmoreland Co., Pa. It was proven December 1803. In it he mentions his wife Rebecca & son William. Also daughter Margaret GLASGOW, and Richard GLASGOW and Taylor GLASGOW. Also some Devlins mentioned. He says he owned land in Westmoreland Co., Franklin Co. and across the Monongahelia. Any one heard of this Taylor family?
- PINKERTON posted by David Ziegler on Thursday, March 4, 1999
- I am looking for help in tracking down the origins of my ggg-grandfather, James PINKERTON, who was born about 1815, I think in Westmoreland County. His obituary states that he moved to Mercer County from Westmoreland as a young man. Most if not all of the PINKERTONS in Westmoreland County at that time appear to have descended from a James PINKERTON who settled in Westmoreland County in about 1783 and lived there until he died in 1811. He is buried in the cemetery of the Old Sewickley Presbyterian Church. He reportedly had five sons, one of whom I suspect was the father of my ggg-grandfather. I would like to hear from anyone with information on James PINKERTON and/or his children in Westmoreland County. I will gladly share all of the information I have on my ggg-grandfather and his family with anyone who is interested.
- DUNN posted by William Dunn on Saturday, March 6, 1999
- I am researching my grandfather�s (Frank John DUNN�s) family for genealogical purposes. It was said, by my grandmother, that Frank John DUNN�s father (Bernard DUNN married to Catherine Hudson or Gurber) and uncle (John DUNN) settled in The Ligonier Valley, Westmoreland County, PA around 1890-1900. Both Bernard and John were from Germany. Possibly the name was spelled differently at that time since I have never found a German with the name DUNN. Afterward, Bernard DUNN moved with his son Frank John DUNN to Carnegie, PA. John and Catherine (maybe Katherine) DUNN died early possibly while still in The Ligonier Valley. I have tried census records with no luck. Is it possible there is any record locally that would show any of these people lived in The Ligonier Valley?
- ANDERSON, GRAHAM, POTTS posted by Sandra Gardner on Saturday, March 6, 1999
- Would any of the POTTS sons have a daughter, Mary Maglalene, who was born in 1845? She married William Blair Graham from Westmoreland County. They lived in Armstrong then Butler County after their marriage. Also have Anderson ancestors from Westmoreland and Butler Counties, if you would like to compare notes.
- FINCH, FRAZEE, LINES, MAXFIELD, SQUIER posted by Janet Moss on Saturday, March 6, 1999
- Am searching Ephraim Frazee d. 1776 Westmoreland Co PA mrd Anna Squier, Anna mrd #1 Samuel Maxfield. Son Aaron Frazee b. 1770 Westmoreland Co PA (had a twin Moses) married 1795 Ellendor Finch dau Sarah Frazee mrd Silas Lines.
- COLE, DUGAN, GOUGHNOUR, HIRAK, HORRELL, RIGNEY, ROBERTS, ROCHEN posted by Candie Hirak on Sunday, March 7, 1999
- Looking for above surnames in Westmoreland County, PA.
- FINDLEY, HURST, POWER, SMITH, TANNER posted by Connie Ruffley on Sunday, March 7, 1999
- Searching for the family of James Power, D.D., pioneer Presbyterian minister to Mt. Pleasant twp., Westmoreland Co., Pa. in the 1760's(?). His wife was Mary Tanner, dau. of Phillip Tanner, possibly of Cecil Co., Maryland.
James Power and Mary (Tanner) Power had 8 daughters - all mentioned in his will (dtd. 26 Jan. 1828, recorded 24 Aug. 1830, Will Book 2, pg. 236), viz.
Elizabeth, Jane, Rachael, Mary, Rebecca, Isabella, Hannah, and Margaret. Daughter Rebecca m. a Mr. Smith and had 2 sons, Joseph Smith, D.D. and James Smith. Will also mentions a granddaughter RACHEL FINDLEY.
One of his older daughters married c. 1800-1803 Nathaniel Hurst (b. ca. 1775), son of Nathaniel Hurst and Lydia (LNU) Hurst. They had at least 3 children: Lydia (m. David Sloan), James Power Hurst and John N. Hurst - named in Nathaniel Hurst's will.
Would like the spouses/children of each of his daughters as well as birth, marriage, death and dates of all.
- JOHNSON, MILLIGAN, WADSWORTH posted by Anna Snyder on Sunday, March 7, 1999
- I am looking for any one of the surnames listed in the 1850 census from Westmorland County. John Wadsworth b. 1816 wife Catherine b. 1819 Michael, Mathius, Margaret, Elias, Margaret BEST. Hanna Milliagan was also in this area Living nest door was a Martha Johnson 1792 with a daughter Elizabeth and Jane. These are believed to be related.
- MORGENHIEM, SCHOUPE posted by Dan Maroney on Tuesday, March 9, 1999
- This was prepared by Karl E. Vogel prior to 1958. MARTIN MORGENHIEM was a Pennsylvania Dutchman who was born in Ligonier, Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania some where around 1840. Nothing is known as to his early activity or of his first marriage except that they had a daughter named Ellen. Martin's second wife was ELIZABETH SCHOUPE and they had a daughter Catherine, a son, John who died when he was 3 or 4 years old, and a daughter Susan. After the death of his wife Elizabeth, Martin moved to Missouri taking his three daughters with him. He secured employment with a certain Samuel McCauley who was a tinsmith by trade and successful farmer as well. This man McCauley who lived south and east a few miles from St Joseph, was a man of considerable worth and ability. A pioneer in the early history of St. Joseph, Missouri, he owned and operated a considerable acreage (about 1200 acres) at the original site of the town of Sparta where he lived in a large, comfortable ho! use.
He was the father (I believe) of about 18 children of whom at least 10 died in early childhood. His family also took on the responsibility of raising Martin Morgenhiem's three girls. Ellen and Susan remained with the family of Samuel McCauley until they were married and the care of Catherine was undertaken by their daughter Mary, the wife of Adolph Houseman, where Catherine lived until she married at the age of 24. These Houseman's had 15 children of their own, but seven died in early childhood.
It is believed that Martin Morgenhiem married a third time after his arrival in Missouri, but no record can be found of the marriage.
We have discovered, March 1999, in the July 1860 Census in PA, Westmoreland Cnty., Fairfield Twsp., a Martin Morgantiam sic with a wife named Elizabeth SCHOUPE. It shows his birth in Wetemberg sic, Germany, And the daughter is listed as Elvira or was it really Ellen? Or, were there two and were they from the 1st or second wife? What are birth dates of all and where born and who are the parents? What was the name of his first and third wife?
- FULMER, HASSON, PETERS, SHANK posted by John Peters on Thursday, March 11, 1999
- Searching for ancestors. Stuck at Philip Peters born 1 Aug 1819 in Sutersville, Westmoreland County, PA. Philip married Matilda Shank b. 1822. Other surnames down the line include Hasson and Fulmer, also of Westmoreland County.
- SHADRON, SHEDRON posted by Jeff Shadron on Thursday, March 11, 1999
- Looking for information regarding William Shedron, born 10/1809, in Westmoredland County, PA. Trying to find if there is a link to York County or Germany.
- ACCIPITER, GRANDEL, MORRIS, POWELL, SCHANTZ, SPRINKLE, TAYLOR, TROUT, WALDENVILLE posted by Debbie Accipiter Waldenville on Thursday, March 11, 1999
- Looking for information on the John Accipiter, John L. Morris, Jesse Trout, Charles Webster Sprinkle, Jesse Waldenville, Stella Powell, Guyer Schantz and Ira Page Taylor families from Westmoreland County.
- JUDGE, SOLLINGER, SULLINGER, ZOLLINGER posted by Mike Gordon on Friday, March 12, 1999
- I am looking for information on the family of John Sollinger (Sullinger, Zollinger) and Lavinia Judge. John and Lavinia moved from Westmoreland county to Venango county sometime around 1813. John was born in 1764 and died 1855, Lavinia was born 1761 and died Aug. 29, 1839. I need information on their parents, and siblings, marriage etc.
- YOUNG posted by Jerry Young on Friday, March 12, 1999
- Looking for information on Philip or J.Philip and Eve Young in Hempfield Township Westmorland County. They were very active at Harolds Zion Luthern Church during the very early years of this church.The children of this union were Michale,John Jacob,Philip,Mary, Margret.
- KENNEWEG posted by Paul Kenneweg on Sunday, March 14, 1999
- conducting family history search for Kenneweg's, hailing form McDonald PA. area..
- HOOVER, MYERS posted by Jim McCarrier on Sunday, March 14, 1999
- Seeking info on Baltzer (Balsa) MYERS who came to USA as a Hessian soldier but turned and supported the American cause. He gained land in Westmoreland Co for this. Had at least three sons: David, Nicholas, & unknown. Nicholas md Catherine (?) and moved to Buffalo Twp, Armstrong Co. Had dau Mary c1805-1881 who md David HOOVER and lived in Buffalo Twp, Butler Co. Need data on Baltzer and Nicholas. .
- HARBACH, HARBAUGH, HERBACH posted by Joyce Diehl on Monday, March 15, 1999
- John Peter Herbach immigrated in 1741 and settled in Berks Co. His son, Peter, married Sophia and they reportedly had Elisabeth b. 12/28/1777, John b. 1781 and Sophia b. 3/31/1782. I believe they also had Anna Maria bap. 3/10/1776, George bap. 3/10/1776 and Philip Jacob bap. 4/4/1779. I think I descend from George of Berks Co. The Harbaugh History claims that, sometime between 1780 and 1785, Peter and Sophia traveled through Bedford Co. They stopped at a home there and left two of their children (John and Sophia) and said they would return for them. They were en route to Westmoreland Co. They were never heard from again. These 2 children were raised in Bedford Co. Does anybody know what became of Peter and Sophia? How did their son George end up back in Berks County? Or did they leave him there? This story intrigues me - does anybody know anything about this family?.
- HIPPARD, JOHNSON posted by Marcia Larson on Monday, March 15, 1999
- Been searching forever it seems for Augusta JOHNSON, who was married to William (J) HIPPARD of Westmoreland Co. they were in Westmoreland Co. in Jan.1885 my grandfather Charles HIPPARD was born there at that time.. also there were another William, and Mark HIPPARD.. know any thing of this family? .
- WINNEMORE posted by Bob Ballantyne on Thursday, March 18, 1999
- WINNEMORE: looking for anyone researching any connection to this name in Westmoreland County. Bob Ballantyne.
- KESLAR, KLINGENSMITH, LOGAN, PUTMAN posted by Linda Carmichael on Thursday, March 18, 1999
- My GGGG grandfather was William Logan born in 1780 and died in 1883. He was married Catherine Putman born in 1794 and died in 1835. There son my GGG grandfather was William Logan JR born in 1824 and died in 1913. William was a Captain in the civil war. he was married twice. William first wife was Rachel Keslar born in 1827 and died in 1861. William second wife was Sarah Hays born in 1833 and died in 1917. My family line is from the first marriage. Rachel and William had a son name James Logan born in 1852 and died in 1938. James was married to Sarah Klingensmith born in 1854 and died in 1912. My family lived in Somerset and Westmoreland county. also in the Jones Mills and donegal area and Penn township PA. I would welcome any help and would be very happy to share my information ..
- HAYES, HAYS, MITCHELL, PHILLIPS, WOOD posted by Terris Howard on Thursday, March 18, 1999
- The 1820 Federal Census for Monogalia County, Virginia on microfilm is missing page 51a which contains Isaac HAYS. All this takes place around the border counties of Washington or Westmoreland Counties in Pennsylvania and Monogalia County. I am looking for the following families and their descendants - HAYS, Isaac b. Augusta Co? d. 1804 Indian Nation [his parents were Moses HAYS & Sophia WOOD] m. 1800 [Augusta Co? VA?] Mary MITCHELL b. abt 1771/74 Bedford Co, PA d. 8 Jun 1857 Monroe Co, OH [her parents: Kent MITCHELL 1743-1794 of Washington Co, PA & Hannah WOOD c1740-?]. Mary MITCHELL HAYS m2nd __?__ GILLETT. Mary GILLETT living with Isaac PHIILIPS in Perry Twp, Monroe, OH in 1850 census. Isaac and Mary had issue: Mary m. 2 Dec 1814 [Albemarle Co, VA](80) Alexander CATLETT b. abt 1748; Nathaniel m. Eliz __? __ d. 1847; James b. abt 1800 VA m. Susanna __?__ b. abt 1815 PA & Living in Perry Twp, Monroe, OH in 1850 adjacent to a John & Harriett PHILLIPS; Nancy b. abt 180! 1 VA d. 27 May 1874 Marion Co, KS m. 17 Dec 1830 [OH] Isaac PHILLIPS b. 10 Feb 1811 PA d. 21 Nov 1862 Monroe Co, OH. [parents: William PHILLIPS & Susan KING] and Living in Perry Twp, Monroe Co, OH in 1850 & 1860. Any knowledge of these persons, please contact me..
- SHEPHERD, SHEPPARD posted by Doug Shepherd on Thursday, March 18, 1999
- Seeking any information on Shepherd/Sheppard family. Specific time periods range from 1750-1860 and names may include Joseph, Sarah, Elizabeth, Ezekiel, Samuel, John, or Jonathan. Seeking land, marriage, birth, death, burial, and any other information available. Ezekiel was born in Washington Co, PA and may have moved to Westmoreland Co, PA with any or all the other Shepherd/Sheppards mentioned. Other Sheppard/Shepherd family members may also exist..
- TRUMAN posted by David Truman on Thursday, March 18, 1999
- I am searching for Thomas Truman & his descendants in Westmoreland County.Especially the mulatto child of his and where he's registered and why his other son changed his name. All help is appreciated..
- HOWARD posted by Sharon Burnes on Friday, March 19, 1999
- Searching for any information concerning Abraham Howard who was in Westmoreland County from 1811 through 1865 to the best of my knowledge. He was born 8 March 1811, was possibly married twice before moving to Illinois. Any information appreciated..
- JONES, RICHARDSON posted by Stacey Hughes on Saturday, March 20, 1999
- I am searching for information on my great grandparents, Eli Zook Jones b. July 24, 1878 and Annie Catherine Richardson-Jones b. October 13, 1877. They had eight children: George, Carl, John, Samuel, Mary, Ethel, Lula and Pearl. They had a large farm in Newburg, PA, just off of the turnpike. I believe Eli was an auctioneer, as well as, a farmer. The children are named after other family members. Eli and Annie are buried in the Middle Springs Church Cemetary, the oldest Presbyterian church in the Cumberland County area, along with an O. Jones, which is older and hard to decipher and another Jones. Any info would be most appreciated! Thank you. Stacey Welsh-Hughes :-) .
- BEST, BRANDT, BRANT, BURKHOLDER, CRUSAN, HARMAN, HARMON, HEIL, HUNTER, KENT, KNEISLE, LUTZ, NICLEY, PERKINS, SANDLES, STAHL posted by Robert Underwood on Saturday, March 20, 1999
- Families I am researching in Westmoreland County .
- DICK, KINCAID, KUHNS posted by Bobbi Dodge on Sunday, March 21, 1999
- James Woodburn Kincaid b. 11 May 1811, PA, m. 1) 1839 to Margaretta Kuhns, d. 1854; m. 2) 26 Oct 1854 Greensburg, Westmoreland, PA, to Lydia Dick b. 6 Oct 1835 in West Newton, d/Adam Dick & Anamaria Updegrafft. Who were parents of James Woodburn Kincaid?.
- KIEFER, SCHWALM, SMAIL posted by Roy Ericksen on Sunday, March 21, 1999
- Seeking information about Arabella Magdelana SCHWALM, b. 2 Sept. 1832, Westmoreland Co., PA. Died 12 July 1905, Armstrong Co., PA. She married Philip SMAIL on 13 Nov. 1851. She may have married a KIEFER before Philip Smail. I need information about her parents, brothers and sisters. Thanks .
- DUNLAP, HITCHMAN, JONES, KUHNS posted by Kara Gordon on Sunday, March 21, 1999
- My 2Great Grandparents were Jacob Jones and Sahar(?) Kuhns. My Great Grandparents were William David Jones (1878 - 1953) and Anne Kate Dunlap(1872 - 1952) of Westmoreland County. My Grandparents were William Richard Jones (1908 - 1989) and Lillian Irene Hitchman (1909 - 1979) of Latrobe, PA. I have the Hitchman Family traced back to 1733. I would like to get more information on the Jones side of my family..
- CUMMINS, RAMSEY, SCHULTHEIS, WELSCH, YOUNG posted by Rita Jeter on Sunday, March 21, 1999
- I am researching the surname RAMSEY. The family I am looking for is Peter and Catherine RAMSEY and their children.
Margaret b. 1861 South Shields, Eng.
David b. 1863 d. 1866
Catherine b. 1865
Peter b. 1867
Robert b. 1870
Arthur b. 1872 d. 1873
Arthur b. 1874
Andrew b. 1876 (my g grandfather)
William b. 1878
Alice Evaline b. 1880
Henry Scott b. 1882
This family came to the US in 1863 from England. I have them in the 1897 City Directory for Jeannette PA. Although , in 1870 they lived in Mifflin Twp, Alleghany Co. PA. Any info on this family would be very much appreciated. Rita
- JONES posted by Larry Jones on Sunday, March 21, 1999
- Anyone have any information on a Nicholas JONES or Mathew JONES living in East Huntingdon township, Westmoreland county in 1820? Thanks!.
- BELL, HARMON, KENNEWEG posted by Paul Kenneweg on Sunday, March 21, 1999
- Looking for Hannah Harmon, b.unknown in Armstorng City PA; d. Apr 12, 1921, Washington PA cemetary. Married to John Thomas Bell b. 1859 in Marietta, OH.; d.June 1942. Bell children: Arthur Aaron; Clyde Curtis; Lucy Jane; Mary Cecelia; Esther; Anna Theresa; Ruth..
- HESS, WALTERS, WALTHOUR posted by Talma Klaassen on Sunday, March 21, 1999
- William Hess d. 1816/17 . Administrator of his estate was David Walter ,Surietes-Gifford Clark and James Fleming. Does some one know who David Walter is and his relationship to William Hess?.
- PHILLIPPI posted by Dean Phillippi on Sunday, March 21, 1999
- I am trying to find the names of the parents of JOSEPH (JOSIAH) PHILLIPPI. JOSEPH (JOSIAH) PHILLIPPI BIRTH 4/1/1838 DEATH 11/6/1881 son of (??), and married to a HELEN LUCINDA BUNGARD BIRTH 6/6/1845 DEATH 1928, she was the daughter of Johann Christian Bungard. He was in the Civil War in the Company �K�, 85th Regiment for the Pennsylvania Infantry Volunteers from Fayette County, Springfield Township. He shows in the 1850 Census in Somerset County, Pennsylvania. They were married in Sept 26th, 1869 at Ms. Shawleys house in Westmoreland County by Justice of the Peace John Bell. They then resided in Fayette County and then moved on to Cameron, Marshall County, West Virginia. I am trying to find the names of the parents of JOSEPH (JOSIAH) PHILLIPPI, can anyone assist me with this?..
- EVANS, GRIFFITH, MCDONALD, REES, REESE posted by Maureen Vorp on Sunday, March 21, 1999
- Looking for information on my G. Grandparent's, Rhys Rees (Reese)and Martha Griffith, who immigrated from Wales. They lived in Trumbull Co., Ohio, before moving to Westmoreland Co., PA. My G. Grandfather had many siblings, some of which went to Australia and some you came to America to work in the coal mines. Also looking for info. on the Evans side of my family. My Grandfather John Evans (1898-1974), married Elizabeth McDonald in 1917 in PA. His parents were Phillip and Eliza (Ewig) Evans. I am not certain if it was Phillip or his father before him who immigrated from Wales. Any info. would be greatly appreciated..
- ESSICK, LONG, MURRAY, SNYDER posted by Donna Allen on Tuesday, March 23, 1999
- William Essick bought land in Westmoreland in 1773. His daughter Mary married John Murray. All were dead by 1800. John and Jacob Murray, sons of Mary and John, ended up in Fayette County. Susanna Murray married Jacob Stull and moved to Somerset. Trying to find out where they all came from. Will exchange info..
- MARTIN, MCCLELLAND, SMITHSON posted by Rosemarie Beatty on Tuesday, March 23, 1999
- Rose Mary Smithson 1869-1940, married James MARTIN 1883 in Derry, Westmoreland Co., PA. I would like to contact desc. of them and their children--Harry, Stella, Mary Lillian m John Stewart MCCLELLAND, Edna, Isabella. Looking for info on Mary Euphrasia Smithson..
- CRISTIANO posted by Carolyn Distin on Tuesday, March 23, 1999
- Searching for name of Catholic cemetery in New Kensington, Westmoreland, Pennsylvania where my grandfather and his brother are buried. Their names are CRISTIANO, Peter/Pietro and Pasquale. Died around 1917. This cemetery is supposedly on a hill. Would like name of cemetery, address, information on how to obtain grave inscriptions. I live in California. Thank you,.
- BURGSTALLER, FROMM posted by James Gilmore on Tuesday, March 23, 1999
- Maria nee Burgstaller Fromm arrived from Austria in 1901 with her husband,Stephen Fromm and children Hannah-3yrs old; and Felix-age1yr.They lived in Madison,Westmoreland county,Pennsylvania ca 1903.Maria just left her family.What happen to her? Does anyone have knowledge of her?.
- BERKMYER, COCHRANE, CONLON, SCHICK posted by Wendy Preisach on Tuesday, March 23, 1999
- Looking for information on WILLIAM SCHICK of LATROBE, WESTMORELAND COUNTY. Husband of SARAH CONLON of Lawrenceville, father of LORRETTA SCHICK - COCHRANE(3-13-1904/6-1974).
- ARMAGOST, BORN, BOWMAN, BROWNLEE, CROWTHERS, EDWARDS, ELDERS, GETTINGER, GROVE, HAZLETT, JONES, MCCORMICK, MUNNELLS, NEELY, REED, RICE, ROSE, SHANNON, SHARP, STAHLMAN, WALLACE, WHITMORE, WITHINGTON posted by Harry Sharp on Tuesday, March 23, 1999
- I would appreciate corresponding with others researching these lines which were in Westmoreland Co. early..
- DEAN, RAUGH, SHIELDS posted by Carol Austin on Thursday, March 25, 1999
- Looking for information on Thomas Shields (1802-1891) and his wife Edie Ann Raugh. Edie died in 1905 in New Kensington. They had four daughters and five sons. One daughter, Priscilla, married Charles Dean. Known sons were Aaron David (moved to Texas), John who was sheriff of Westmoreland County, William and Thomas. Would like to contact other living descendants. Looking for Thomas' birthplace in the north of Ireland..
- HEINTZELMAN posted by Susan Houston on Thursday, March 25, 1999
- I am looking for 3 Heintzelman families that used to come to the Heintzelman Reunion at my Grandfather Heintzelman's place in Akron, Ohio in the 1950's. They were from the Latrobe/Ligonier (sp?) area. They are Jake, Jeeter and John Heintzelman and their wives and children. They were pobably in their 50's to 60's when they used to come to the reunion. They were my grandfather's half cousins by my grandfather's grandfather Joseph Heintzelman and his first wife, Unknown. Joseph went on to marry Catharine Mansfield and move to Ohio. He begat Howard, who begat Ralph (my grandfather). If you know anything about them please email me..
- HALL, MCKELVEY posted by Bill Judd on Thursday, March 25, 1999
- Seeking the following information for Jacob MCKELVEY whom married Emma HALL IN 1854, Westmoreland Co., PA. * BIRTH, MARRIAGE, DEATH dates and locations. * Identification of any PROPERTY in which he had an interest. * The NAMES OF Jacob's PARENTS. Jacob's children were born in North Huntingdon Township and it is speculated that he and his family stayed in that area as well. .
- MCCREADY, RIDENOUR, WALP posted by Suzy Bettac on Friday, March 26, 1999
- Seeking desc. of George and Sarah (MCCREADY) WALP of Parnassus, Westmoreland Co., Pa. Children in 1880 were Nannie M. b. 1862, Maggie E. b. 1866, Elmer b. Aug 1867 and John M. b. Sept 1873. George and Sarah married about 1858. Son John M. WALP was married in 1900 to Minnie E.? and had two children Bessie E. b. Aug 1896 and Dora M. b. Feb 1898. One of the daughter was married to a ? RIDENOUR and had son Roy A. b. Nov 1890. He was living with George and Sarah in 1900. George and Sarah died after 1910. Where are they buried? In Parnassus/ New Kensington area? Have Sarah's parentage to share. Thanks in advance, Suzy Bettac.
- COLLARD, HARDIN posted by Bill Collard on Saturday, March 27, 1999
- Need fino on aboe families early settlers of area Hardin from Va ( Benj,. Maark, Henry, John Nestor and Wm. also in 1750 had relative Collard born in Richland Twhnhip. was that in Westmoreland at that time ? know one in Bucks and ALlegheny Co.(Then part of Westmoreland.) any info appreciated bill.
- HASLETT posted by Bob Haslett on Sunday, March 28, 1999
- Interested in any information on The Surname Haslett. Ggrandfather was William H Haslett married Mary D Bowser and had five sons Warner,Ira,John, Everett and Francis born Jan 7 1890 in New Florence Pa. Married Minerva Heinbaugh anf had three sons Robert, Melvin and Warner..
- ROD, SHAFFER posted by Mary Jacox on Sunday, March 28, 1999
- I am looking for information regarding the family of Henry or Henrich and Sarah (Rod) Shaffer of Westmoreland Co., PA. They had son, Thomas R. Shaffer, born October 14, 1814 possibly in Mt. Pleasant, Westmoreland Co. He eventually settled in Centreville, St. Joseph Co., Michigan..
- HITCHMAN, JOHNSON, KELLER posted by Toni Prevost on Sunday, March 28, 1999
- My great grandfather Richard Keller married Lillian Johnson in Fayette County, PA., in the late 1880s. On his marriage record it was stated that he was born in Mt. Pleasant Township, Westmoreland County, PA. His parents were listed as George W. Keller and Mary E. Could his possibly be the George Keller who married Mary Elizabeth Hitchman in Westmoreland County? Richard Keller a railroad engineer and died very young. He was hit by lightning while he was out checking the tracks in Fayette County..
- LINN posted by Shirley Stoneberger on Sunday, March 28, 1999
- Am looking for information on Andrew Linn who was the father of Elizabeth Linn, my ggg grandmother. They lived in Westmoreland Co., in the late 1700's. Any information on this family would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Shirley Stoneberger .
- KUHN, MITCHELL, VARNER posted by Suzy Bettac on Monday, March 29, 1999
- Seeking descd. John Taylor VARNER b. 1847 Pa., living in Lower Burrell Twp., Westmoreland Co., Pa. in 1880. With him were wife Laura b. 1865, daughter Ruth b. 1876 and son Hiram R. b. 1878. Where was the family in 1900? In 1870 Taylor VARNER b. 1847, was living with Larimer and Rachel (KUHN) MITCHELL in Harrison Twp., Allegheny Co.,Pa. Rachel is his mother. Father Levi VARNER died late 1849/ early 1850. Can share more, Suzy Bettac.
- SCHWAB, SHUPE, SWOPE posted by Ann Hunter on Monday, March 29, 1999
- Seeking information on Michael Shupe, d Margaret m Johann Henrich SCHWAB (SWOPE) Westmoreland Co c 1810-1821.Margaret d 5 Sept 1834, Clermont Co., OH. Need parents, siblings,etc. Have the Swope line. Thanks!.
- BIVENS posted by Cynthia Porcher on Tuesday, March 30, 1999
- I am looking for information on Moses Bivens and his family. He is listed in the 1820 PA census as follows: Moses Bivens State : PA County : Westmoreland Co. Location :UNITY Twp Year : 1820 Page # : 172 Additional individual info WID I believe that Moses may be connected to my Bivens family in NC. There are several generations of childen named Unity and Moses. Family supposedly came from Wales and was in PA before NC. Would love to find a connection. chp .
- AUBURN, WIBLE, WYBLE posted by David Wyble on Tuesday, March 30, 1999
- Looking for any information on a John Wyble and Fmaily who appear in the 1820 Westmoreland Mt Pleasant Twp Census. Need to find names of the family members if possible or anything little bit that can help me put my fammily facts together..
Return to the Archived
Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to Westmoreland County Home Page
(c) Westmoreland County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project