- NOBLE posted by John Noble on Wednesday, July 1, 1998
- Searching For parents of William NOBLE born abt 1769 Westmoreland county. Wife, Jane MOORE, born Ireland abt 1772 Left Westmoreland county and settled in Armstrong county
- SNYDER posted by James Mulligan on Thursday, July 2, 1998
- I am seeking information on the ancestors and descendents of : ELIZABETH SNYDER was born 1850, and died 1914. She married SAMUEL MILLER Abt 1869, son of SAMUEL MILLER and MARY KEENER. Children of ELIZABETH SNYDER and SAMUEL MILLER are:
i. HIRAM2 MILLER, b. Abt 1870.
ii. R. B. MILLER, b. Abt 1875; m. BANKS PIERCE.
iii CLYDE ALBERT MILLER, b. 1885, Natrona Heights, Allegheny Co, PA; d. 1937; m. RUTH MILDRED AUEN, Abt 1915. Dr. Miller Practiced medicine in Bolivar, Westmoreland County. There is a potential tie to Elizabeth Snyder daughter of Adam and Martha Snyder who resided in Farifield Twp, near Bolivar, Westmoreland Co.PA. The SNYDER Siblings include William, Emma, Ruemma, Agnes, Sarah, and Margret.
- DICKINSON, REGESTER, STEFFY posted by Dana Beagle on Saturday, July 4, 1998
- Am searching for REGESTER surname. I have little info and would like siblings, occuaptions of the following men.
JOSEPH G. REGESTER DIED 22, May 1900 in Westmoreland Co. Where is he buried?
sp: Mary DICKINSON died 1915 here too.
ENOS DICKINSON REGESTER died 26, July 1899 in
Westmoreland Co. Who were his siblings? Where is he buried?
sp:Vernetta Bell STEFFY --.
- DESANTIS, FIRMSTONE, GIOIA, MCBETH, MILLS posted by Linda Carmichael on Saturday, July 4, 1998
- I am researching my grand parents on both sides of my family, My grandfather Nick Desantis came to America in the late 1800 or early 1900. He married Angelina Gioia. His brothers were Albert, Bareny, Domenick. His sisters were Ellise, Bessie, and Mary. The only date I have for my grandfather is his birthday, 7-26 but no year. All I have on my grandmother is that she had a sister name Josphine. They lived in scottdale Pa. On my father side, my great grandfather was William S Mills, I have notthing on him. He was married to my great grandmother, Amanda May McBeth, She was born on8-7-1884. they had four daughter, Rose, Hazel, Leona, and Zella, who was my granmother, She was married to William Clifford Firmstone. My great grandmother died in 1973. My parents and there parants lived in Westmoreland or Fayette county. Any help would be very welcome..
- CONRAD, FRANK posted by Judy Conrad on Saturday, July 4, 1998
- George J. Conrad born 1811married Catherine Frank 13 July 1849. Both families were from Westmoreland Co. PA. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
- ONEAL, RICH, SHAW posted by Stan Cowan on Saturday, July 4, 1998
- I am seeking information on William SHAW abt 1722-1795, his wife Martha abt 1726-?, and his daughter Janet (Jane) abt 1750-?, of Hempfield, Westmoreland Co., PA. Janet married Charles James ONEAL, b. abt 1750 in Ireland, lived in Cecil Co. MD. Their daughter Nancy O'Neal was born in Boone Co., KY. It is not known whether Charles and Janet were married in PA or KY. I am descended from Nancy and her husband Joseph RICH.
Joseph Rich's family were Quakers. The religion of the Shaws and the O'Neals is not known. Some of the descendants of Joseph and Nancy were Mormons.
I have substantial information on Joseph Rich's ancestors, and a fair amount on their descendants, which I am willing to share. I would like to learn more about the Shaws and O'Neals.
- HUGHES, MEEK posted by Cheryl Gowan on Saturday, July 4, 1998
- HUGHES: I am looking for information on my great grandfather in Westmoreland County John H. HUGHES and Lydia MEEK who married on February 19, 1874. Any type of information would be much appreciated. He is a descendant of Captain John Hughes and Sarah Wiley.
- ELLIOTT, SHERIDAN posted by Sara (Elliott) Hurst on Saturday, July 4, 1998
- Seeking information on my great-grandparents, Joseph Finley ELLIOTT and Sarah Jane SHERIDAN who were from the Westmoreland County area in PA. They came to Ohio in the mid 1800's and settled near Woodgrove, in Morgan County. My great-great-grandfather, too, was Joseph Finley ELLIOTT. My great-grandparents were married in PA, and I have hit a blank wall in my research. Great-grandpa must have been on the run. I'm only kidding. I will be glad to provide information on my surnames of ELLIOTT, SHERIDAN, GARRETT, KEYES, RICHEY, HENDERSON, ROHRBOUGH, HEMPSTEAD, HALSTEAD, SHOOK, ROSE, HURST, WAMACK, and MOREY. Will also help with looking up info, if possible, in Morgan County, OHio (no charge).
- BEAMER, GEORGE, HATLEY, SCOTT posted by Beth Caporali on Sunday, July 5, 1998
- Seek parents and siblings of Margaret J. GEORGE, b.c. 1858, Westmoreland Co., d. 1893 Armstrong or Westmoreland Co. she married William Colleger BEAMER c. 1881 had children, Francis H.; Jeannette m. Alex. SCOTT; Arthur; Anna Belle m. HATLEY; and Ruth, m. Oscar GEORGE. Have info to share and/or exhchange on descendants of Margaret and William. Thanks for any leads..
- RUGH posted by Robert Davis on Sunday, July 5, 1998
- Searching for family information on Elizabeth Rugh born in Westmoreland County on April 3, 1825.
- HULING, HULINGS, WALTER, WALTERS posted by Toni Richard Turk on Sunday, July 5, 1998
- Sarah Jane HULING(S) was born in Oct 1840 in Paint Twp., Venango Co., PA, abt 1858 she md Joseph WALTER(S). They removed to Vandergrift, where she is buried. Seeking date of death and cemetery of burial.
- EWER posted by R.L. McElroy on Tuesday, July 7, 1998
- MARY ANN EWER of Westmoreland County, PA b. 6/1/1811 in Ireland. m. Thompson Graham 5/25/1835 in Freeport, PA. Would greatly appreciate any information on Parents or Siblings. Thank You R.L. McElroy.
- SKILLEN posted by R.L. McElroy on Tuesday, July 7, 1998
- David SKILLEN of Westmoreland Co., PA b. 1795 m. Mary Mc????? b. Jul 1803. Parents of Nancy Jane Skillen b. 11/19/1826. Any further information on David or Mary would be greatly appreciated. Thank You R.L. McElroy..
- BURRELL, MONTGOMERY, MURRY posted by Susan Perry on Tuesday, July 7, 1998
- Jeremiah MURRY b. c. 1759 in Ireland and lived in Murrysville, Westmoreland County until his death 3 Sept 1835. He was married to Ann Montgomery and they had a daughter Sarah MURRY who was married to Dr. Benjamin BURRELL who was the first physician in Murrysville. Dr. Burrell was the first physician in Murrysville. Would like to know where in Ireland Jeremiah came from, and any information on Dr. Burrell. The Westmoreland County history books talk about him but tell nothing about his parents, only that he came from Dauphin County. Thank you..
- BURRELL, RICHARDSON posted by Susan Perry on Tuesday, July 7, 1998
- Jeremiah Murry BURRELL, b 1815 married Anna Elizabeth RICHARDSON, dau. of William H. RICHARDSON OF Westmoreland County. I believe he is buried in the St. Clair Cemetary in Greensburg. Would like any information about him and his wife. Jeremiah and Anna were my ggggrandparents. Thank you..
- BIXLER, COCGHNOWER, ELLENBERGER, HUNSAKER, MYER, OVERHOLT, WELTY posted by Mildred Slavens on Wednesday, July 8, 1998
- Eve COCHNOWER WELTY lived in Westmorland County East Huntington Township in 1802. Children Anna married to Abraham MYERS Elizabeth married to David STROHM, Abraham Welty married to Elizabeth OVERHOLT, Mary married Peter ELLENBERGER, John married Elizabeth ? , Joseph married Catherine HUNSAKER..
- KANARR, KNARR, KNERR posted by Vicki Kanarr on Thursday, July 9, 1998
- Looking for information on a Andreas Andrew Knerr and his wife Salome Musick. They are suppose to have been buried near Grapeville, Westmoreland Co., Pa but have not been able to prove it. Looking to do so and get more information on them. Willing to share what I have already on this family..
- HIPPARD posted by Marcia Larson on Thursday, July 9, 1998
- Looking for the HIPPARD family from Westmoreland Co. in the early 1800's. My great uncle Mark HIPPARD owned a store (grocery?) in Westmoreland City. Persons listed on Will of Mark: nephews, Walter Rackley, Thomas Johns, Charles, Walter, William Hippard and also John Hippard. Neices, Jennie Hippard, Elizabeth Hawkins, Mrs. J.C. Smith, Mrs. R. E. Hadgson, And in-law Lillie Strong. Mark Hippard died 29 April 1923. Would deeply appreciate any info you may have regarding any of the persons listed above.
- SCHNEIDER, SNIDER, SNYDER posted by Linda Shipman on Thursday, July 9, 1998
- GGGGgrandfather Jacob Snyder b abt 1760 d 1808, married Anna? b 1759 d 1837, resided in Donegal, Westmoreland Co, PA . Anna moved to Holmes Co, Ohio abt 1817. Their children were George b 1778, Catherine b 1780, Jacob b 1783, Michael b 1787, Daniel b 1789, David b 179l, Elizabeth b 1794, Johnathon b 1796, Isaac b 1798, Anna Mary b 1801, Susan b 1803 and Nancy b 1807. Am looking for parents of the elder Jacob and interested in exchanging information re. the children..
- CULLER posted by Sally Gustafson on Friday, July 10, 1998
- Seeking info on the parents and siblings of Smith CULLER, born 20 Apr 1836, Mount Pleasant, Westmoreland Co., PA. Died 16 Nov 1925, Colony, Anderson Co., KS. Married 22 Nov 1857, Peaksville, Clark Co., MO to Malvinia JEWETT, born 6 Feb 1841, Colbrook, Ashtabula Co., OH. Died 13 Apr 1933, Colony, Anderson Co., KS.
Smith CULLER enlisted in Civil War, 6 Aug 1862, at Adams Co., IL, with his brother Martin CULLER as well as George and Michael CULLER, who may also be brothers. Would appreciate any information on the parents of Smith and Martin CULLER.
Children of Smith CULLER and Malvinia (JEWETT) CULLER: Cyntha Louisa CULLER, Jacob Dow CULLER, Mary Ada CULLER, Anabelle CULLER, Myrianne Elizabeth CULLER, Selena Jane CULLER, John Henry CULLER, Nancy Sophia CULLER, James Theadore CULLER, William Edward CULLER..
- BLYSTONE posted by Cathy Blystone on Saturday, July 11, 1998
- Looking for the family of Earl Blystone born 1898 in Unity Township. Any information on Blystones greatly appreciated..
- LEE, THORNTON posted by Debi Lyons Lewis on Saturday, July 11, 1998
- Family of Richard LEE Tabitha - parents of Sarah LEE who married Henry H. THORNTON. Sarah was reportedly born in Westmoreland Co, PA.
- DCAMP, SAMPLE, SEMPLE posted by Patricia Ewing on Sunday, July 12, 1998
- I am updating my query regarding David Sample/Semple b.l774 & wife Susannah D'CAMP b. l777. I think I have found a link to another David who could be his father. This new David was an attorney in Westmoreland Co., d. l786 during a court session in Greensburg his wife was Mary Morrow m/abt l777/
- EVANS posted by Brian Guder on Sunday, July 12, 1998
- I am searching for descendants of the following Westmoreland County residants. This initial entry is my great great grandfather.
From the 1900 US Census Pennsylvania; Westmoreland County, Rostravers Twp., LaGrange District.....vol.233, enumeration district 117, sheet 22, line 71
EVANS, JOHN white male born July1859 in Ohio/father born in Bangor,Wales
married PHEOBE >EVANS born Sept1860 Ohio /father born Ohio
MORGAN EVANS Sept1880 Ohio
FRANK EVANS January1883 Ohio
EFFIE EVANS Mar1885 Ohio
JOHN EVANS January1888 Ohio
PHEOBE EVANS January1891 Ohio
IVA EVANS June1893 Ohio
JOSEPH EVANS August1896
CLYDE EVANS April1899
(also GRACE EVANS 1901)
EFFIE EVANS married my great grandfather FREDERICK WILHELM GUDER and produced eleven children ; nine of whom were listed as Westmoreland County residents in this census also.
I am searching obviously for more info on JOHN EVANS'es Welsh ancestry, as well as PHEOBE >EVANS maiden name. I would appreciate any help in figuring out where in Ohio the were prior to moving to PA post 1896 and pre 1999...any ideas? Are their any Evanses still in Westmoreland County?
- GUDER posted by Brian Guder on Sunday, July 12, 1998
- I am searching for descendants of the following Westmoreland County residents. This lineage begins with my great great grandfather.
From the 1900 US census Pennsylvania; Westmoreland County; Rostravers Twp. LaGrange District...Volume 233, enumeration district 117, Sheet 23, line14.
WITH ADDITIONAL INFO FROM GUDER FAMILY BIBLE
GUDER, HENRY white male born January 1855 in Germany emigration statusNA married AMANDA GUDER
white woman born April 1860 Germany children:
PAUL GUDER April 1860 Germany
AMANDA ERNESTINE GUDER April 1879 Germany
Friederick WILHELM GUDER November 1880 Germany
KARL GOTTLIEB "Charles" GUDER born Oct 1882 PA
EDWARD GUDER born April 1886 PA
JOSEPH GUDER born Nov 1888 PA
KATHARINE "Kate" GUDER born Dec 1890 PA
FREDERICK MICHAEL "Freddie" GUDER born Apr1893 PA
EMMA GUDER born May 1895 PA
MATILDA "Tillie" GUDER born May 1896 PA
also HILDA GUDER born Feb 1901 PA
Amanda Ernestine,Edward, and Emma are not listed on the 1900 Census. AMANDA is listed as having had 11 childrenn by 1900, and nine survived. I suspect Amanda Ernestine had married out, but Edward and Emma may have died prior to 1900. and of course Hilda came after this census.
FRIEDERICK WILHELM GUDER (my great grandfather) married EFFIE EVANS; also of Westmoreland County, and produced three sons WALTER, LOWMAN, and WILLIAM F.
WILLIAM F.GUDER (my grandfather) was born inJune 1904 in Smock, PA and married VELMA JEAN "Staley" TRAVELLA-MCQUAY born in April 1906 in Wheeling West VA.
They Produced six children:
WILLIAM F. GUDER (my father) 11/25 PA-12/96
SHIRLEY GUDER HEINDL 7/27 PA
JEAN MARION GUDER HUBBARD 2/30 PA
RUTH CAROL GUDER HUNT 10/33 PA
*********MOVED HIS FAMILY TO CLEVELAN OHIO************
RICHARD GUDER 5/41 OH
RHEA GUDER SCHUSTER 5/41 OH
My father WILLIAM GUDER born in Nov 1925 in California,PA married JEAN ROBERTA DAVIS born Feb 1931 in Garfield Hts,OH. They produced five children:
WILLIAM ERNEST GUDER
m: DIANE BLUELL
ch: DANIEL WILLIAM GUDER
ROBERT EARL GUDER
m: CYNTHIA CAGLE
ch: BETH ANN GUDER
ch: AUSTIN DAVID GUDER
KIMBERLY KRISTINE GUDER
BRUCE EDWARD GUDER
m: DEBORAH EBERLING
ch: REBBECCA JOY GUDER
BRIAN ERIC GUDER
DEBRA LYNN GUDER SIMNA MITROVIC
m RICHARD SIMNA
ch: RICHARD ERIC SIMNA
MICHAEL BRADLEY SIMNA
m: BATICA MITROVIC
I am searching for Guder lineages that may have more info regarding the parents of HENRY and AMANDA....I would like to identify AMANDA GUDER's maiden name....Any GUDERS still in the area?
- BAKER, FORSHA posted by Bob Reda on Sunday, July 12, 1998
- Looking for info on Addison Gere Forsha, b. Westmorland County, near Blairsville. Married Madge BAKER. Children, Vernon,Carrie,Ford,Ralph..
- FRANZ, LAUEFFER, RICE posted by Gary Rice on Sunday, July 12, 1998
- Barnhart RICE - born in Wittenburg, Germany Barnhart RICE is father of Frederick William RICE, Sr b 29 Sep 1753 in Bethlehem, PA who married Catherine LAUEFFER, born in Westmoreland Co., PA. She died Aug 1823 in Wooster, Ohio.
Frederick William RICE Sr was the father of 13 children; Christina, Barnhart, Mary Elizabeth, Frederick Jr., Christian, John, Peter, Catherine, Simon, Susan, Henry Sr. (our ancestor), & two children who died in infancy that I don't have names.
Henry RICE Sr. was born 8 June 1804 in Westmoreland Co., PA or Wayne Co. OH, married Susannah FRANZ born 25 Feb 1805. He was the father of 4 sons; Nicholas (our ancestor), Simon, Henry Jr., and Solomon. Henry Sr & Susannah were married 17 Aug 1825 in Wayne Co. Ohio. He died 2 Mar 1875 in Huntington County, Indiana. He is buried in the France Cemetery.
- BISTA, KOTCHKA posted by Diana Jackson on Tuesday, July 14, 1998
- Joseph KOTCHKA and Louise (or Louisa) BISTA Kotchka. Arrived in US c. 1885. Son Ernest Franklin KOTCHKA b. in Westmoreland Cty. 1892. Other children: Paul, Josephine, Jenny, Edward..
- DEMMER, SCHWALKE posted by Denice Patterson on Tuesday, July 14, 1998
- Searching for those researching Demmer and Scwalke in Westmoreland County. Nicholas Demmer married Bertha Schwalke & had five children in 1880s: Helen, Catherine, Frank, George, and Anne. Thanks!.
- DICKINSON, REGESTER posted by Dana Beagle on Wednesday, July 15, 1998
- I am hunting Westmoreland Co. for a Mary DICKINSON born 1839. She died in Duquesne, Westmorealnd Co. in 1915. She was married to a JOSEPH G. REGESTER who died in Duquesne as well on 22, May 1900.
Enos Dickinson REGESTER, son of Joseph G. REGESTER died here 26, July 1895
John Dickinson REGESTER grandson to Joseph G. REGESTER, and son to Enos REGESTER was borne in Duquesne, Westmoreland Co. Pa 20, Oct. 1897. He had an older sister named Ruth born 1-2 years before him.
Would like info on These men and women, their occupations, siblings, places of burial etc.
- SEGER posted by David Cole on Wednesday, July 15, 1998
- Attempting to fill in the gaps relating to Marcus Saxman SEGER born 10-Jan-1898 in West Derry, Westmoreland Co., PA (son of Peter J. and Amy Elizabeth (Shupe) Seger), he was married before 1920 to Annetta (maiden name unknown) born 1898 in Pennsylvania. We do not know what happen to Annetta at this time. It is believed that Marcus was a veteran of World War I. Marcus left Westmoreland Co., PA about 1924 and then reappeared in Webster Co., KY about 1927 staying at the rooming house run by Cora (Morrison) Brown. Marcus and Cora married on 4-Aug-1928 in Webster County, KY, having a daughter Viola Mae Seger born 13-Jun-1929 in Webster Co., KY.
Later the family moved to Evansville, IN where about 1936 Marcus and Cora divorced. By 1939 Marcus had again disappeared, Viola never again saw her father. We have no solid information about the time between when Marcus left PA and appeared in KY and after he left IN. We do have the following family stories:
Marcus worked for awhile as a Sheriff (Deputy?) in Lincoln Co., NV.
He worked in Gold and Silver mines in Nevada.
He spent some time in Alaska.
He was seen selling fruit at a road side stand in IL in the 1950's?
He spent some time in Canyon Co., ID with his sister Estella D. (Seger) Lee, who was born 7-Oct-1895 in Pennsylvania and died Oct-1979 in Idaho.
He drowned in the Ohio River near Evansville in the late 1930's.
Marcus, if he is still alive would be 100 years old, based on the longevity of his parents, brothers and sisters, he is most likely deceased. We would like to discover more about Marcus' life and if he had any other children, also if he is deceased the location of his final resting place. If you have any information to add about Marcus Saxman Seger, we would appreciate hearing from you.
- BRESTEL, BRESTLE posted by Eric Christenson on Thursday, July 16, 1998
- Researching the BRESTLE,BRESTEL family formerly of Middletown,Dauphin County,PA including: Henry Brestle who died in 1895 at Stauffer Station, Westmoreland County, PA and his wife Mary Ann (Finney,Nagle) who died in 1888 at Gilmore/Fosterbrook, McKean County, PA. I would be interested in any information regarding these surnames. I have collected extensive records which include non-established links to my family..
- BYERLY, CHAMBERS, GLENN, WEGLEY posted by Marilynn Wienke on Thursday, July 16, 1998
- These are four new names to my list of many. Josina Hull daughter of John and Susan (Byerly) Hull married Arahan H. Wegley on June 28, 1859. Sarah A. Hull m ? Chambers. Margaret Hull m George Glenn.
- LEASE, RAGER, RAYGOR, RODOCKER posted by Jean Rentmeister on Friday, July 17, 1998
- Looking for information on Nathaniel Rager/Raygor, son of Thommas Raygor. Nathaniel died 1 Feb. 1892 and is buried at the Alverton Mennonite Cemetery near Mt Pleasant, Westmoreland Co, PA First wife, Elizabeth Rodocker died in 1838. Would like to find her burial place and information on Nathaniel's father Thomas. Also am interested in knowing more about Conrad Rager.
- DICK, MYERS posted by Frank Myers on Saturday, July 18, 1998
- Would like to know more about the origins of Jacob Myers, who left New Florence, Westmoreland County, during 1866 to settle in Lucas County, Iowa, with his wife, Harriet (Dick) Myers and their children. He was a railroad contractor and farmer by trade. In all likelihood, his father's name was Abram and it seems likely that he had a brother, George, who remained at New Florence.
- FUNK posted by Margaret Trauth on Saturday, July 18, 1998
- Westmoreland County, South Huntingdon Township Abraham Funk is a witness in the will of Johannes Fried, dated December, 1849, of South Huntingdon Township. I'm wondering if Abraham Funk is a relative to Fried, the surname I'm researching.
- BRICE posted by Margaret Trauth on Saturday, July 18, 1998
- Westmoreland County, South Huntingdon Township.
Is anyone researching Jonahs Brice?
In the will of Johannes Fried, dated December, 1849, of South Huntingdon Township "I further order that my grandson Jonahs Brice though not the son of my youngest daughter shall yet be considered as the youngest heir...."
- CLAIRE, CLARE, KERN, SMITH posted by Martha Nelson on Sunday, July 19, 1998
- Looking for the Claire families of Westmoreland, PA. We have one Claire/Clare family with ten children, at least three of the sons moved to Adams Co., IL and one moved across the river to Knox Co., MO. Trying to tie the children together. Also, looking for information on Rev. Joseph Kern who married Elizabeth Smith and may have lived in Westmoreland, PA before moving to Adams Co., IL.
- MAZE posted by Amanda Roberts on Sunday, July 19, 1998
- Looking for the family of John and Jane MAZE, married abt 1775. Their children were : Thomas Maze b: Jun 1776, John b: Jan 1870, Ann b: 1784, Samuel 1788. Two more children David and Betsey were born in KY. The first children of this marriage were born in either Lancaster Co. or Westmorland Co., PA..
- ADAMS, DAVIS, KEEFER, PENN, STRAUSE posted by Carol Senior on Sunday, July 19, 1998
- I am looking for any information on Lemuel L. PENN (b. 1812 MD d. 1896) who was married to Hester STRAUSE (b. 1813 d 1870) their children were born and raised in Westmoreland (around New Stanton) Elizabeth 1836, Sarah 1837, William 1839 m. Susan DAVIS d. 1911, John 1840, George 1843, Mary Ellen 1844 m. James FORRESTER, Joseph 1846 m. Susannah KEEFER, Zacheriah 1849, Ann 1851, Melcina 1853, Lemuel H. 1855 m. Charlotte ADAMS..
- WOLF, WOLFE posted by Jody Cullison on Tuesday, July 21, 1998
- Andrew Wolf, married Eva Catherine Krebs (Crebs) 1769 . They lived Westmoreland County. After she died Andrew remarried a woman named Catherine and they ran a tavern on Frank Road. We have been unsuccessful finding Catherine's surname . Since Eva died about 1785, he married Catherine after that date. They had three daughters Sarah ( Salome),born 1791; Martha and Hannah born 1796. I have been unable to locate anything on them. He was listed in Derry Township; Blacklick Twp. of what was later Indiana County. A land grant showed 183 3/4 acres on the south side of Black Lick Creek to Andrew Wolf dated 03/21/1786. Anyone having information on the daughter's and the second wife's surname would help me alot. I have alot of data on his and Eva's family. and would share it..
- HARMON, MARMAN posted by John MacDonald on Wednesday, July 22, 1998
- Searching for parents and siblings of Christina HARMON (HARMAN)of Westmoreland County. She was born abt 1757, location unknown, died 29 May 1838. She married Frederick Marchand of Hempfield Twp., Westmoreland. Both died near Adamsburg, Westmoreland Co..
- HAMILTON, KING posted by Gladys N. Reynolds on Wednesday, July 22, 1998
- Looking for more information on Mary Anna KING (1819-1892) who married John HAMILTON (1813-1892) in Westmoreland Co. I have her father as George Charles KING, wife, Mary, but no more. Can you help?.
- DAVIS, HAMILTON posted by Gladys N. Reynolds on Wednesday, July 22, 1998
- Looking for more data on the familly of John HAMILTON, an immigrant from Ireland or Scotland to Westmoreland County, PA. before the Revolutionary War. My ancestor is his son, Matthew Hamilton (1787-1872) who married Mary DAVIS (1787-bef 1850) Would also like to find her parentage.
- CARNS, KARNS, KERNS posted by Georgia Bryngelson on Thursday, July 23, 1998
- Looking for information on Adam Kerns/Karns/Carns, son of William and Rosanna (Nicely) Kerns/Karns/Carns, in Donegal Township, Westmoreland County, PA. Adam was married in 1834 in Ligonier Township to Catherine (?), born in 1814. Need birth and death dates, burial sites for Adam and Catherine. Adam died prior to 1850 as on the 1850 census, Catherine was married to Bartholomew Foley, who was guardian of Adam's children and the surname was Kerns. Burial possibly in Unity or Ligonier Township. Anybody know Catherines maiden name? Appreciate any help. Thanks.
- BARTLEBAUGH, DUNCAN posted by Ron Duncan on Friday, July 24, 1998
- Am looking for my great great grandfather Moses Duncan. He married Lavina Pearce. Moses died in 1878 who knows where? Thank You for your assistence! Sincerely, Ron Duncan Looking in Westmoreland and surrounding counties!.
- ANDERSON, GRAHAM posted by Sandra Gardner on Friday, July 24, 1998
- Would like to find parents and siblings of Hugh GRAHAM and wife Sarah ANDERSON. Sarah was born in Westmoreland County (don't know what year). She died there in April of 1941. Hugh GRAHAM was born in 1783. They were married on April 12, 1822 in Westmoreland County. Hugh eventually came to Butler County after Sarah died. Can not find any cemetery records for them in either Westmoreland or Butler County.
- BEER, BEERS posted by Bonnie Morris on Friday, July 24, 1998
- I am looking for a Sarah b. ca 1762 in Westmorland Co. who married into the BEER/BEERS family ca 1780/82. She would have had a daughter Mary "Polly" BEERS b. ca 1803 who married a Daniel GOULD and moved to Jefferson Co. PA. In 1850 census Sarah BEERS is listed with this GOULD family as age 88.
- GREER, REDLINGSHAFER posted by Donnell Wisniewski on Friday, July 24, 1998
- I am searching for information on the family of ISABELLA GREER, who was born in Westmoreland County on January 17, 1830 - daughter of R. GREER - married to John George REDLINGSHAFER in Fayette county on November 30, 1856. If anyone has information on this family I would appreciate it. My father and brother were given the middle name of GREER and I remember a great-uncle whose given name was Greer. thanks for your help. Donnell Redlingshafer Wisniewski
- DEVLIN, MUIR posted by George Barnes on Saturday, July 25, 1998
- Searching for any info. on James C. MUIR b. abt 1854 Bolivar, PA ? m. 1879 Pyretta Nancy DEVLIN b. ? possibly in Westmoreland Co. Later moved up to Clearfield County. Looking for any sibs and children of either. Thanks.
- MONTGOMERY posted by Donald Cliff on Saturday, July 25, 1998
- I am searching for any information re William H Montgomery who lived in Arnold in 1925. He lived in Westmoreland Co for a number of years but was probably born in Honesdale, PA I'd greatly appreciate any info re his life, death, descendants or other family members, Thank you for any help you can provide. Regards, Don Cliff.
- FRIED posted by Margaret Trauth on Saturday, July 25, 1998
- FRIED Is anyone researching the FRIED(T) surname? Speciifically, I'm looking for a Peter FRIED, born 2/28/1808, in Westmoreland County, PA. His parents and siblings are unknown. His wife's name is Susanna, born 1808, maiden name unknown, marriage date unknown. They had two girls, Mary, born 11/5/1833 and Eva, born 4/11/1835 in Westmoreland. Family moved to Crawford County, Ohio in 1839-40 and they had another girl, Sarah, born 5/16/1841. Mary married Jacob ZOLLER 12/1850 in Crawford County, Ohio; Eva married Charles BURKEY 3/1858 in Crawford County; and Sarah married John STORMER 2/1868 also in Crawford County, Ohio. I have extensive information of the families of the three girls for anyone who is interested. Thank you to anyone who can provide a clue.
- BENNETT posted by Margaret Wright on Saturday, July 25, 1998
- searching for James Bennett listed in 1800 census Westmoreland County, Franklin Twp, PA.
- EDWARDS posted by Margaret Wright on Saturday, July 25, 1998
- Searching information on William Edwards on 1790/1800/1810 census living in Franklin Twp, Westmoreland County, PA
- BAYER, WEGELE, WEGERLIN, WEGLEY, WEIGLEY posted by Barbara Anderson on Sunday, July 26, 1998
- WEGLEY/WEIGLEY/WEGERLIN/WEGELE: John, born mid 1700's in Lancaster Co. PA to Paul and Ottilia (BAYER) WEGERLIN. Is anyone researching this family? John Wegley is buried in Brush Creek Cem. North Huntington, Hempfield Twp. Westmoreland, Co. PA. Is he connected to the John born in Lancaster Co. PA? Abraham Wegley is also shown buried in Brush Creek - any connection to the above?
- ALLAN, FEAR posted by Gloria FEHRS on Sunday, July 26, 1998
- Am looking for the birthdate of birthplace of Charles FEAR. He was born in England, maybe in Bath, Somerset Co. His wife was Margaret Allan, also born in England. They had several childen, one was Charles who married Jennie FRY in PA, Westmoreland Co. This son was born in 1862 in England..
- FRY, HORSHEY, HURSH, MCKELVEY posted by Gloria FEHRS on Sunday, July 26, 1998
- Am looking for the birth dates and birthplaces of parents of Adam FRY who was born in 1842 in Grapeville PA, Westmoreland Co. His father was John FRY and mother was Jane HORSHEY. They were born in PA. Adam was married to Phoebe HURSH, she was born in Jackstown PA, Westmoreland Co. Phoebe's parents were Joseph Hursh and Christina MCKELVEY both born in PA..
- TAYLOR posted by Ava Powell on Tuesday, July 28, 1998
- I am looking for a death cerficate or obit of Dr Darwin Taylor who was a Dr. in Irwin , Westmorland Co,. Pa. He helped incorporate the town of Irwin. Thank you.
- ADAMS, SNYDER posted by L. K. Shick on Tuesday, July 28, 1998
- Seeking any information on the couple Walter M. Adams and Jennie Snyder perhaps of Bolivar. Census shows a Walter, s/o James B. and Agnes Adams, 7 years old in 1870 in Bolivar. No record of marriage exists in Westmoreland Co. A daughter, W. Ethel was born in 1891. If anybody has any references to any of these individuals please reply..
- KENT, KINDT, KINT posted by Ed Kent on Wednesday, July 29, 1998
- Looking for information on Joseph Kent. He lived in the Mt pleasant, Pa. area around 1830. Also seeking information on his Father Jacob Kent/Kindt that lived in the Donegal area (1820)and possibly the Mt. Pleasant area in 1830. Thank You.
- MARCHAND, SPIES, SPIESS posted by Arleen Craig Ellis on Thursday, July 30, 1998
- Philip Spies or Spiess, born about 1776, married Susanna Marchand in Westmoreland Co., PA about 1800. Philip was listed in the tax lists of Hempfield Twp., moved to Perry Co., Ohio about 1809. He changed the spelling of his last name to Speice when he moved to Ohio. Would like to find his parents, they came from either Prussia or Austria when Philip was a young boy. Possible full name for Philip is Johann Philip Spies..
Return to the Archived
Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to Westmoreland County Home Page
(c) Westmoreland County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project