- MCDONALD, SOLLINGER, SULLINGER posted by Shari Hindman on Monday, June 1, 1998
- I have an Alexander MCDONALD who married Jane SULLINGER (SOLLINGER). I believe they were in Westmoreland Co. at some time then moved to Venango Co. or Clarion Co..
- CHRISTY, JUDGE, MCDONALD, SOLLINGER, SULLINGER posted by Shari Hindman on Monday, June 1, 1998
- Seeking information on Alexander MCDONALD who married Jane SULLINGER (SOLLINGER). Her father's name was James Sullinger 1808-1886, married to Susan CHRISTY. and her grandfather's name was John Sullinger Sr. ?-1845 married to Lavina JUDGE..
- REAMER, RUGH posted by Anabel Jennings on Tuesday, June 2, 1998
- Does anyone have any information about Elizabeth Reamer who married Michael Rugh, the son of Jacob. They were married in the early 1800's in Westmoreland, Co., Pa. Elizabeth was the daughter of Henry and Judith Reamer. The name Reamer is sometimes spelled Raymer..
- STECK posted by Debi Russell on Tuesday, June 2, 1998
- I am looking for the children and grandchildren of Rev. John Michael STECK. He was born in Germantown, Pa in 1756 in died in Greensburg, Westmoreland Co., Pa in 1830. He was a Lutheran pastor. I believe that he founded Saint Michel's Evangelical Lutheran Church in 1806. My great-grandmother , Mary Louise Rowe Honadle, is his great-grandchild (maybe). But I am missing her parents and grand parents. Any help would be appreciated.
- MCCUTCHEON posted by Marjorie Hamilton Schmidt on Tuesday, June 2, 1998
- Margaret, Re: Westmoreland Co. Pa. I am also researching McCutcheons from Washington Township in Westmoreland Co. My grandmother was Marjorie Isabelle McCutcheon born 1863 m. Thomas Rayburn Hamilton b. 1858 from Franklin Township. My grandmother and grandfather died in 1942 and 1941. They are both buried at Polk Run cemetery. she is listed as a non-member. There are more McCutcheons buried there but I only asked for the Hamilton list. She was a member of the Murrysville Presbyterian church. An Aunt of mine said all of my dad's siblings were baptized at Murrysville but I haven't sent for the records. Do you have any info on Alexander. We may be related. There are so many McCutcheons that I am kind of lost. My grandmothers father was William born in 1832. I know there may have been an Alexander in our line because I had an uncle named Rayburn Alexander. I would like to share info if possible. I sent for some wills of McCutcheons if you would give me more names maybe I can connect for you. Sincerely Marjorie This information I received e-mail from a lady that had cemetery records for Murrysville Her name was Terry email HockeyP68@aol.com
The only McCutcheons buried at Murrysville are Emma J. McCutcheon b1870 d1959 (flowers in upper corner of tombstone)
John C. McCutcheon b 1840 d 1915
Margaret McCutcheon b 1844 d 1919 (wife of John)
Jane Mccutcheon 26 Oct 1875 d 13 Dec.1965
Janes married name is Bossert.
- DESANTIS, FIRMSTONE, GIOIA, MILLS posted by Linda Carmichael on Wednesday, June 3, 1998
- Looking for anyone doing research in Westmoreland Co. Penn for the following names: DeSantis, Firmstone, Mills, and Gioia families,.
- FISHER, MECKLER, MILLER posted by Janice Hart on Wednesday, June 3, 1998
- Seeking any information on Adam FISHER and wife Margaret MECKLER both died in Westmoreland Co.,PA Adam was born 03 Apr 1732 in Holland, Germany and died 08 Feb 1821. Margaret was born 05 Nov 1742 unk where and died 21 Apr 1825. They had daughter Elizabeth born 05 Feb 1776 Lancaster Co.,PA. I aslo show his wifes name as Ann Margaret MILLER (if this is the correct name she is the daughter of Ulrich & Paulina MILLER)* (these were from two unconfirmed sources) Have more information on descendants of Elizabeth who married Joseph CHARLES (served in Revolutionary War/came over with LaFayette).
- BEELER, HIGGS, STACY posted by Jenny Rasmusson on Thursday, June 4, 1998
- Looking for any information on Jonathan HIGGS who died intestate in 1778 in Westmoreland county. He has a daughter/sister named Mary HIGGS who has a guardian appointed in 1787, named Joseph BEELER. Catherine STACY, formerly HIGGS was appointed his administratrix. Her husband was Peter STACY. Glad to share anything that I have on any of these names. Thanks!.
- CROYLE, ROSE posted by Sharon Trosan on Thursday, June 4, 1998
- Westmoreland Co, PA Looking for information on David and Elizabeth (CROYLE) ROSE living in Waterford at the time of their daughter Mary's birth in the 1840's. Looking for names and birth dates of other children as well as marriage info on the parents. .
- CARNAHAN posted by Mona Kerry Brown on Friday, June 5, 1998
- Adam CARNAHAN B. 1743 in Appola near Pittsburg, M. Sarah Kennedy. migrated from Cumberland Co. Pa. Veteran of Rev. War. Buried in Polk Run Cemetery in Westmorland Co. Any info will be appreciated..
- STEWART posted by Nancy Adkins on Saturday, June 6, 1998
- Searching for any descendants or anyone with information on my GGGGrandfather, Samuel STEWART and his wife Nancy. Samuel STEWART'S father was George STEWART. One of Samuel & Nancy STEWART's children is my GGGrandfather, William Sanford STEWART who was born December 25, 1825 in Westmoreland Co. PA. the family moved to Ohio about 1848. I would appreciate any help.
- BOLLINGER, WELSH posted by Barbara Diller on Saturday, June 6, 1998
- Searching for the WELSH family from Westmoreland County. John WELSH (1815 - 1887)married Martha BOLINGER (1820 - between 1870 & 1880.) Their children included: Charles, Peter, Mary Elizabeth, Sophia, Christina, William, John, Abraham, Susanna, Alexander, and Angeline.
- AULTMAN, REAM posted by Dianna Rounds on Saturday, June 6, 1998
- Searching for the parents of Philip Ream born in Lancaster, PA in 1767 and married Mary Aultman in Westmoreland Co about 1800. Their first children were born near Greensburg. Later they moved to Columbiana Co., Ohio and then settled in Stark Co., Ohio. Would love to hear from anyone with information on this family..
- SEARING, SERING, SERRING posted by John Sering on Monday, June 8, 1998
- Samuel SEARING married Sarah MANN, daughter of Joseph and Sarah MANN of Hempstead, Long Island, NY, in 1778 at Greensburg, Westmoreland Co., PA. Both Samuel and Joseph are said to have served in the American Revolutionary War (I have no proof yet).
I am trying to determine if Samuel's brother, Solomon SEARING (SERING, SERRING), accompanied him from New Jersey. The August 7 1861 edition of the "Liberty Herald" of Liberty, Union Co., IN carries the obituary of Solomon. It lists his age as 104 and that he served with (Anthony) Wayne (Revolutionary War or Northwest Territory?).
Samuel and Sarah moved to Middletown, Butler Co., OH and helped establish Turtle Creek (Methodist?) Church. They converted to Shakers in 1805. Samuel died August 23, 1823 and is buried in the Shaker Cemetery, Lebanon, Warren Co., OH.
One of Samuel's sons, also named Samuel, married Elizabeth Tharp, daughter of John and Hannah (Hurin) Tharp, October 20 1802 in Lebanon, Warren Co., OH and moved his family to Franklin Co., IN which is the county immediately north of Union Co..
- HORNER posted by Margaret Kemp on Wednesday, June 10, 1998
- I am looking for information on Mary Catherine Horner who may have been a resident of Westmoreland Co. 1783-1800..
- HUTCHINSON posted by Peggy on Wednesday, June 10, 1998
- Researching missing links to the first Hutchinsons of MA (early 1600s) to those in Westmoreland, PA (early 1800s). According to a daughter of Sarah Anne Hutchinson (b. 1827, Sewickley, Westmoreland, PA, m. James C. Wilson), her mother's ancestors came from the Boston area..
- PACKARD, TRIMBLE posted by A. Crockett on Saturday, June 13, 1998
- Robert TRIMBLE b. July 9, 1819 Westmoreland Co., PA d. March 29, 1870, OR father unknown m. Clementina PACKARD July 19, 1846 IA.
- KLINK, STONER posted by Irene Gardner on Thursday, June 18, 1998
- Hello! My family name is Stoner. My father, Howard Edwin Stoner, was born on the family farm in Hunker, PA, on 1/13/08. His father, William H. Stoner, a machinist and farmer, was born in Hunker in 1869 (parents John and Hannah Stoner.) My grandmother, Lucy Ann Klink Stoner, was born in Uniontown, PA in about 1877 (parents Jacob and Jane Klink, guardian's name Hutchinson.) William and Lucy were married in Uniontown on June 26, 1895. Besides my father, Howard, there were eight other children: Walter, Charles, Clifford, Holmes, Irene, Hazel, Alice and Ethel. Later, they lived on a farm in Carmichaels, PA until my grandmother, Lucy, died in 1953. I am very eager to find out all I can about my family..
- MOYER, MYERS, ROYER posted by Kenneth R Moyer on Saturday, June 20, 1998
- MOYER, Matthias--Looking for information on Matthias Moyer or Matthias Myers who was supposedly born in Westmoreland County, PA around 1801?. He had a younger brother named Jesse Moyer or Jesse Myers who was supposedly born in Westmoreland County in 1809 . They were the children of John and Sarah (Royer) Myers?Moyer who were natives of Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. Thank you for any help you can offer. Ken Moyer.
- NAILEY, NEELY, NEIGHLEY, NELIGH posted by Ted Hauman on Sunday, June 21, 1998
- Looking for parents of Elizabeth Nailey (variously spelled), born about 1815, died 1835, believed buried in either West Newton or Mt. Pleasant Cemetery in Westmoreland Co., PA, married William L. Rymer (1796-1869), had son, William Milligan Rymer (1835-1907). Elizabeth was probably born in Westmoreland Co.
- BOYD, DAVENPORT, LEASURE posted by Kelly Babinsack on Monday, June 22, 1998
- I am researching my mother's family most of whom are from Westmoreland county. My grandfather was James Albert Boyd b. 1898 d 1985. His parents were William J. Boyd and Anna Mae Burkhart. James married Sarah Lusetta Leasure b 1902 d 1957. Her parents were John Daniel Leasure and Rose (Rosine) Davenport b. 1871 d 1937. Rose's parents were Jack Davenport and Sarah Young. Jack was from England. I am looking for anything on William Boyd and prior and also the same for John Leasure. Also if anyone has info on the Davenports it would be appreciated. I haven't found where Jack entered the country yet. .
- FARNETH, MALLIN, MOXON posted by Jack on Tuesday, June 23, 1998
- I'm researching the Mallin family. John P. Mallin was born in Ireland. The first record of him in the U.S. was in 1875, when he was naturalized in Tioga Co. Pa. The family lived in Westerm Centre County and Clearfield country. Joseph Farneth and William Moxon, were my great grandfathers, came to the United States in 1864. Joseph Farneth settled on Logan Ferry Hill,Allegheny County. He owned a farm, a coal on the farm, and a brick yard at the bottom of Logan Ferry Hill. Most of his bursiness was in New Kensington, Westmoreland Co. Pa. He died in 1916, in New Kensington Pa. William Moxon settled in Sandy Creak, Allegheny Co. His sons, William, Daniel moved to New Kensington worked in the Tin mill. William was my grandfather. He died in 1940, in New Kensington. There are many descendents of both families in the New Kensington area..
- PETERSON, SWANK posted by Sharon Trosan on Tuesday, June 23, 1998
- Westmoreland County, PA Looking for information on Sarah A. PETERSON, born about 1869; married to Robert George SWANK, 1866-1947. The only information I have on Sarah came from the posting of their marriage on November 10, 1887. If anyone is searching the PETERSON or SWANK surnames, or if someone should 'come across' information...I would greatly appreciate any information. Thank you
- BOWERS, HUTCHINSON, TRESSLER posted by Carol Collins on Wednesday, June 24, 1998
- Looking for the PA county of birth and location of mariage of Lydia Emma BOWERS. She was born 31 Jan 1884 in PA and married George Alfred TRESSLER in about 1901-1904. Her father was William BOWERS of Ireland, and her mother was Annita HUTCHINSON of PA. The children of Lydia and George: Lillian Frances, Myrtle Frances, Lulu Belle, Cora Faye, Harry Merril, Edward Eugene, James Earl, Eva Mae and Hazel Pearl. Lydia Emmma BOWERS died Sept 13,1919 in Westmoreland PA..
- CLARK, FUNK, GREENAWALT, LASH, WILSON posted by Kathy Stovall on Wednesday, June 24, 1998
- Searching the Westmoreland County for anyone researching the surnames of: CLARK, LASH, FUNK, GREENAWALT, & WILSON
- BECK, BOWERS, CALDWELL, HODSKIN, LENZ, MATTIKO, MYERS, WOODS posted by Jack Bowers on Friday, June 26, 1998
- I am Jack L BOWERS b Jun 17 1925 Duquesne PA m Rosemae BECK b May 26 1929 McKeesport PA; he son of Roy C BOWERS b Dec 26 1892 Manito PA m Anna M MATTIKO b Jun 18 1902 Munhall PA Roy also married to Helen T WOODS b Mar 28 1898 Hillside Westmoreland Cty PA; Roy son of Martin E BOWERS b Apr 2 1863 Turtle Creek PA m Rosa J LENZ b Dec 7 1863 Germany; he son of Samuel Rice BOWERS b Nov 1837 Pennsvilla PA m Mary Eckles CALDWELL b Dec 10 1837 Patton Twp (near Monroeville); he son of Jacob BOWERS b Oct 13 1812 Lancaster County PA m Catharine MYERS b Oct 12 1820 Somerset County PA. Jacob/Catherine other children: Martin b abt 1836, Rebecca b abt 1838, Jacob b abt 1842, Henry b Nov 24 1844 (Henry was in the Union Army during the Civil War), Mary b 1845, William b Mar 22 1847 m Rachel HODSKIN b aft 1847, David b 1849 m Margaret ? b 1855 (David was a Lt. In the Union Army during the Civil War) Jacob and wife Catharine; William and wife Rachel (with some of their children); David and wife Margaret (with some of their children) are all buried in the Mt Pleasant Cemetery which is in Westmoreland County. It should be noted that in 1867, Jacob Bowers and others contributed to a fund to purchase the land where the Mt Pleasant Cemetery is located. It should be noted that 'old' Jacob was in the coke business when he first came to Fayette County. He retired from that business in 1868 and opened a general store on the main street of Mt Pleasant. That store was passed on to sons William and David. In the 1910 commemorative book of Mt Pleasant it was noted that William was the oldest continuous merchant in Mt Pleasant.
- ALEXICK, LEVENDUSKI, PETRICK, WISNIEWSKI posted by Dianne Wisniewsky on Friday, June 26, 1998
- I am serching for my husbands relatives... Louis T. Wisniewski (b. 6-18-1910 d. 8-17-1944) he was the son of Peter Andrew Wisniewski and Mary Francis Levenduski, the family was from Mt. Pleasant (Westmoreland, Co.) Gertrude Elizabeth Alexick (b. 2-26-1921 d. 7-23-1980) she was the daughter of Stephen Alexick (b. 12-29-1882 d. 1955) and Elizabeth Petrick (b. 11-10-1886 d. 10-1944), the family was from Latrobe (Westmoreland, Co.)
- JOHNSTON, KIESTER posted by Linda Chickering on Sunday, June 28, 1998
- I'm looking for ancestors of Mary KIESTER (1-22-1812 - 1879) and Uriah Scott JOHNSTON (10-17-1807 - 7-18-1887). Mary was born in Mt Pleasant, Westmoreland Co, PA. She married Uriah 6-14-1832. Uriah was adopted, possibly into the family of a son of Captain Alexander Johnston (d. 1745). They emigrated to Tama Co, IA after the Civil War. Their children include: William F., Anna B., Lavinia J., Susan J., Catherine, Sarah, Wesely, Lydia, Amanda, and Winfield Scott. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks!.
- MILLER, REAMER posted by Shirley Edillon on Sunday, June 28, 1998
- Seeking any information on ALICE/RUTH MILLER who married a Mr. STARK, then a Mr. REAMER, and any children. Her husband was said to have been the Treasurer for 30 years for the Greensburg Tribune. They lived in Greensburg, Westmoreland Co., PA. I believe she was born in April of 1889. Her parents are BENJAMIN F. and CHARLOTTE MILLER of Mt. Pleasant, PA..
- BELTZ, MILLER posted by Shirley Edillon on Sunday, June 28, 1998
- Trying to put together a Miller genealogy. Seeking information on the family of HILDA MILLER BELTZ (Mrs. FRED BELTZ) of Derry, PA. I believe her father was HARRY MILLER born about 1860-70, son of WILLIAM P. MILLER. Another son, BENJAMIN F. MILLER born in 1848, and wife Charlotte B. lived in Mt. Pleasant, PA.
- MILLER posted by Shirley Edillon on Sunday, June 28, 1998
- Seeking any information on BENJAMIN F. MILLER who was born in June 1848; he married CHARLOTTE B. who was born in Feb. of 1857. Their children, according to the 1900 census of Westmoreland County, are:
ANNA MILLER born July 1873
HATTIE MILLER born Feb 1876
WILLIAM K. MILLER born Mar 1878
BENJAMIN F. MILLER born Mar 1883
RALPH MILLER born Mar 1886
CHARLOTTE MILLER born Apr 1889 (twin)
RUTH MILLER born Apr 1889 (twin)
Would appreciate any information on these folks and their families. Benjamin and my g grandfather are brothers. Shirley.
- BREWER, RUDOLPH, SILVIS posted by Mary Brewer on Monday, June 29, 1998
- I need info on Henry BREWER b 1785, PA m. Mary RUDOLPH b. 1790 Pa. They appear twice on the 1850 census in Loyalhanna Twp and Salem Twp in Westmoreland Co. Pa although Henry was called Jacob on the one. They did own both properties. They had at least one son Jacob BREWER prob. b ca 1810. His will (not found) is mentioned in a deed when his son Jacob BREWER & Susannah (SILVIS) BREWER sold one of the properties. It's very confusing, can anyone help? I have much information on the descendants will share.
- MCKEE, WALKER posted by Ruth Colburn on Tuesday, June 30, 1998
- William WALKER, b. 15 Oct 1798 in Ireland, came to Westmoreland Co. when he was 18 yrs. old with his two sisters. He mar. Martha MCKEE in 1834. Does anyone have any connection or know who his parents were? Thanks..
- BROOKENS, BROOKINS posted by Jack Templeton on Tuesday, June 30, 1998
- I am looking for any information on 2 brothers, William and Henry BROOKENS (also spelled BROOKINS) who were residing in Westmoreland County in the 1830 federal census, and William only who was still in Westmoreland County in 1840..
- HIGGINS, KARASEK, PARSON posted by Donald Warne on Tuesday, June 30, 1998
- Looking for relatives of Dorothy HIGGINS KARASEK. Daughter of George & Sarah Ann PARSON HIGGINS. Lived in Irwin. buried in Brush Creek Cemetary in Manor,Westmoreland County..
Return to the Archived
Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to Westmoreland County Home Page
(c) Westmoreland County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project