- EICHER posted by Susan Kuzma on Friday, May 1, 1998
- Researching my ancestors from Westmoreland co. Pa. which descend in the following manner: John Eicher, Sr., John Eicher Jr., George K Eicher (fought in Civil War), Lewis Eicher, Clark Eicher (my grandfather). Need more info re: John Sr. born around 1750(?) ..
- CARR, LEWELLEN, ROSS posted by Nancy Adkins on Saturday, May 2, 1998
- Searching for descendants of Jacob CARR and Priscilla LEWELLEN of Westmoreland Co.PA. Priscilla was a cousin to Thomas ROSS. Jacob and Priscilla were married in Fayette Co. in 1838. I would appreciate any help. Thank you..
- ROBB, STCLAIR posted by Debby on Saturday, May 2, 1998
- Looking for information on MAJ GENERAL ARTHUR ST. CLAIR b. 03 Apr. 1734 Thurso, Caithness, Scotland - revolutionary war soldier from Bedford & Westmoreland Counties - also his wife , PHOEBE BAYARD and their daughter, LOUISA ST CLAIR b 24 Sept 1773. Also would like information on SAMUEL ROBB, born c 1771, husband of Louisa St. Clair, Westmoreland Co., Pa.
- MACDONALD, MARCHAND, MCDONALD, MERCHANT posted by John MacDonald on Saturday, May 2, 1998
- I am researching the McDONALD/MACDONALD families of western Pa., c1750 - 1900. I would greatly appreciate any information you have regarding any McDonald family in Westmoreland County. I will gladly share what information I have ( will indexes, deed indexes, census data, county histories, etc). I hope to eventually make this information available on the internet and through the Clan Donald organization. Am also interested in any information regarding descendants of Dr. David MARCHAND (MERCHANT) of Westmoreland County.
- BELL, KLLINGENSMITH posted by Pat Weber on Saturday, May 2, 1998
- Looking for info on William BELL born about 1750 who married Barbara Klingensmith. They were from Westmoreland Co PA. Have not seen any info on their parents and wish to confirm if this BELL was of Scothch or German descent..
- HENRY posted by Scott Emmel on Sunday, May 3, 1998
- Kevin, I have a copy of two accounts of the kidnapping of the children of Frederick (Heinrich) Henry. One is from the "History of Butler County, 1895." The other is from the 1883 version of the same book. Both are in the Butler County Library's Genealogy Room. They are both accounts of the life of Peter Henry, Frederick's son.
Here's how the 1895 story goes,
Peter Henry was born in Westmoreland county in 1764, the son of Frederick Henry.
When Peter (Henry)was 14 years old, their home, six miles from Greensburg, was attacked by Indians. His mother and the two youngest children were killed by Indians. Peter and two other children were taken as captives. One child was killed after a short period of time. Peter and his sister were carried to Brady's Bend where the Indians went into camp. Captain Brady attacked the savages, rescued the children, and took them to Fort Pitt to their father.
Peter was sent back to Germany and returned to Butler County in 1798. He moved his family from the area around Freeport in 1800.
The 1883 version says that the two children taken with Peter were his children. Later in the same article, it refers to "Peter and his sister," so I am assuming the 1895 version is correct.
The story was told to the author by Joseph Henry, one of Peter's sons.
My wife's family is a Henry. She is an 8th generation descendant of Frederick Henry. We are still gathering information on Peter's children. Joseph who is her great-great-great-grandfather, is where we have most of our information.
- MILLIRON, TURNER posted by Pat Reed on Sunday, May 3, 1998
- Looking for information regarding Albert Milliron, married Helen Turner from Connellsville. My grandfather George Isaac Milliron was born Scottdale, Westmoreland County Sept. 1, 1897. There were 11 children born to this couple. Looking for Turners and Millirons from this area in mid to late 1800's. Do not know Helen Turners b.d. or death, nor Alberts.
- MCKLVEEN, SHOUP, SHUPE posted by Janet Warter on Sunday, May 3, 1998
- Seeking maiden name of Nancy (Anna?), wife of William SHUPE (1792-1883), born Mt. Pleasant Twp., Westmoreland Co., PA. William was the youngest son of John SHOUP/SHUPE (1750-1835) and Anna Maria MESSER (1757-1843) of Mt. Pleasant Twp., but originally from Bucks Co. William & Nancy SHUPE lived in Mt. Pleasant Twp. about 1817-1826, then moved to Mansville, Cook Twp., where William operated saw and grist mills owned by his father. William & Nancy SHUPE had 1 son & 9 daughters (1840 Census), but 1850 Census names only 5 -- Mary (1815?), Catherine (1819?), Elizabeth (1827?), Lucinda (1835?), and Caroline (1838?). I am descended from Emily SHOUP (1831-1904), wife of John MCKLVEEN (1826-1903), who is believed to be another daughter of William. Does anyone have more info. on the William SHUPE/SHOUP family?.
- DAVIS, GARRET, SHEPHERD, SHEPPARD posted by Dolores Carlson on Tuesday, May 5, 1998
- I'm seeking information on the JOSEPH SHEPPARD family of Allegheny Twp, Westmoreland Co. Joseph Sheppard (1825-1906) was married to CATHERINE COCHENOUR (1826-1918). They first lived in Allegheny Co. By 1870 they had moved to Leechburg, Allegheny Twp, Westmoreland Co and lived the rest of their lives there. They are buried in Mt. Hope Cemetery. The 1900 census reveals they had 13 children, 5 living. I only have names of the following:
John b. abt 1850 - in 1860, 1870, 1880 census
Martha J. b. abt 1855 - 1860, 1870 census
Henry b. abt 1857 - 1860, 1870 census
Mary O. b. abt 1859 - 1860, 1870 census
Sarah C. b. abt1861 - 1870, 1880 census
Josephine (twin) b. Jan 1869 - 1870, 1880, 1900 census
Lydia P (twin) b. Jan 1869 - 1870, 1880 census - name may have been Eliza B ?
Two grandchildren are listed with them in the 1900 census: MARGARET A. GARRET b. Mar 1884 and HARRY DAVIS b. Apr 1887. Does anyone have ANY information on the children or grandchildren of Joseph? I'd appreciate your help..
- LOUDERBACK posted by Michael Belgie on Wednesday, May 6, 1998
- I am looking for the family of William C. Louderback, born Union Twp Westmoreland County according to his military records in 1832 later moved to Washington County Pa and married Mary C. ? had three childern, oldest Nancy married Albert Gillingham 17 March 1875 in Washington County. looking to find William's parents and any other Louderback family in the county.
- FRANKENBERRY, KECK posted by Terry Bowers on Wednesday, May 6, 1998
- I am re-posting my query searching for any marriage information concerning JOHN FREDERICK KECK and NELLIE MAE FRANKENBERRY ca.1925-1930.
- BUZZARD posted by Robert Conrad on Wednesday, May 6, 1998
- Looking for Danial Buzzard, born Westmoreland, PA 1790
- CONNER, SMITH, SMYTH posted by Shirley Righi on Wednesday, May 6, 1998
- SMYTH SMITH John SMYTH (my g g grandfather) b. cir. 1800-1806 in Ireland. John came to America 9 Feb 1845, Port of New York. He filed his Intention in Westmoreland Co. Pa on 19 Aug 1856. Naturalized 22 May 1860 Westmoreland Co. Pa. John maried Margaret O'CONNER bef 1854. They had 7 sons. Bernard b.1854, Patrick I. b.1855, James Paul b.1856, John B. b.1859, William B. b.1861, Michael E. b.1863-64 & Thomas Andrew (my g grandfather) b. 20 Sept 1865. All born in Bradenville Derry Twp. Westmoreland Co. Pa. It has been passed down that my gg grandfather Thomas was the 7th son of a 7th son. If this is true then John SMYTH had 6 older brothers. Did they too come to America? John SMYTH died 1865, buried in St. Martins Cemetery/New Derry Cemetery, Derry Twp. Westmoreland Co. Pa. Margaret died 4 Dec 1905 and is buried with John as is several of their children. Would like to connect with any one searching SMYTH SMITH in Westmoreland Co. Pa.
- WILSON posted by Karen Hale on Thursday, May 7, 1998
- I am looking for any information about John Wilson of Westmoreland County Pa. Born July 25, 1811 moved to Ohio in Richland County then later to Hardin County about 1839. His Father also John Wilson came with him. The latter John Wilson is the son of James Wilson signer of Declaration of Independence.
- BAKER posted by T Powell on Thursday, May 7, 1998
- Looking for information on a Jacob and Katherine Baker who were from Germany and may have come to Westomoreland County. They had a least on daughter Katherine Baker born in Germany May 19, 1844
- MCCONNELL, REED posted by Sharon Wilcox on Thursday, May 7, 1998
- I am searching for any information on James REED who came to the United States in late 1700's and settled in Westmoreland Co., PA. He had a daughter, Nancy who married William McCONNELL. William and Nancy had a son, James R. who was born 8 Feb. 1833 in Westmoreland Co. I would like to obtain the name of James REED'S wife, and the names of any other children they had. Any information on these families would be appreciated..
- GUSS, HALE, PIERPONT posted by Debra Colmers on Friday, May 8, 1998
- I am looking for George Fulton GUSS of Leechburg, Westmoreland Co, born mid 1860s, whose father was Addison Leech GUSS. I believe Addison's wife was Lucinda PIERPONT. I'm also looking for any evidence of the HALE family in Westmoreland Co., probably Allegheny Twp.
- MCNALL, MULHOLLEN posted by Dan on Friday, May 8, 1998
- I'm searching the McNALL, MULHOLLEN families found in Westmoreland County from about 1814 to 1900 The earliest I have is George Mulhollen Jr. on land bought in 1814 to about 1848 very near Bairdsville and Blairsville in Derry Township. John C. McNall was Trustee for Rachel Mulhollen and husband to Ann Jane Mulhollen up to his death in Dec 1869. Has anyone ever seen a tombstone for a McNall or Mulhollen/Mulholland in Derry Township ? Thank you..
- KLINGENSMITH, WANNEMACHER posted by Christine Adams on Saturday, May 9, 1998
- I have an Elisabetha Catherina Wannemacher, bapt. 6 July 1760 in Lehigh Co., daughter of Peter Wannemacher and Christina?. She md. John Philip KLINGENSMITH ca. 1779 and died before 1826 in Armstrong Co.
- OBER posted by Sheryl Fisher on Saturday, May 9, 1998
- Researching the family of Chambers Perry (C.P.) OBER, b. 26 Dec 1826, Westmoreland Co., PA, d. 29 Nov 1891, IL. Other members of the family group: Harrison, Eliza, Sarah, Cyrus, Hannah. Looking for family in PA c. 1780-1830..
- BELL posted by Bob Legg on Saturday, May 9, 1998
- I'm trying to locate the parents of an Isaac Bell ca 1793, Pa; would he perhaps be from William's family?.
- BRIGGS, CLARY, HUFF, LOWREY, MURPHY, WILSON posted by Sylvia Sligar on Sunday, May 10, 1998
- BRIGGS, MURPHY, CLARY, WILSON, LOWREY, HUFF John BRIGGS abt 1742 - 1800 died Westmoreland Co, PA, married Elizabeth, had 4 known children. John had a brother, ?/Thomas BRIGGS, in York Co, PA.
1. Rachel BRIGGS, b 1767 PA, m abt 1790 William Deveron CLARY, d 1813 Darke Co, OH.
2. Isaac BRIGGS, b 1771, m abt 1791 Mary "Polly" MURPHY, d 1841 Pleasant Valley, Marshall Co, W(Va).
3. Thomas BRIGGS, b abt 1774 PA, m 1824 Rebecca WILSON, d 1853 South Bend, St Joseph Co, Indiana.
4. David BRIGGS, b 1779 PA, m1816 Rosannah LOWREY, m 1836 Sarah HUFF, d 1837 Darke Co, OH
Looking for information on when and where he was born as well as his parents and siblings, and the maiden name of his wife..
- CLAWSON posted by Herman Carl on Monday, May 11, 1998
- The descendants of Paul Lowmaster Clawson are planning a family reunion this summer. We know that he orginated from Westmoreland county with family roots in Bolivar, PA. I am not sure of his father's name but his mother was Minnie Jane Clawson. Please help us in locating some family history for the website and family history.
- DANNTINE, DANTINE, DANTINNE posted by Della E. Zane on Monday, May 11, 1998
- Looking for John B. DANTINNE and family in 1920's . I found them in Westmoreland county 1910 census in Jeannette. John married Seraphine. In 1910 there was 7 children listed. John was a cutter who worked for the window works in the area. Did this family move from the area in the 20's? Would like information on any DANTINNE, DANNTINE OR DANTINE family. Any help would be greatly appreciated..
- RIDER posted by Jeanne Graef on Tuesday, May 12, 1998
- Wm. Rider b. 1772 VA. d. 1854 OH m. Hannah Bordner Bapt. in Westmoreland Co. were Eliz. 1801, Hannah 1804, Sarah 1805, Susannah1810, Margaret 1815..
- WEAVER posted by Jeanne Graef on Tuesday, May 12, 1998
- Johannes Weber m. Christina ? Children bapt. in Westmoreland Co. William 1815, d. 1866 Tusc. Co. OH.Simon b. 1812 m. Magdalena? d. Tusc. Co. OH, Johannes b. 1810. Who were Johannes parents? What was Christina's family name?.
- BORDNER posted by Jeanne Graef on Tuesday, May 12, 1998
- Hannah Bordner b.1773 PA d. 1853 OH m. Wm. Rider Children bapt. in Westmoreland Co. Eliz. 1801, Hannah 1804, Sarah 1805, Susannah 1810. Who were her parents?
- WEAVER posted by Jeanne Graef on Tuesday, May 12, 1998
- Wm. Weaver baptised 1815 in Westmoreland Co PA m. Sarah Burns In Stark Co. OH. Children born in Tusc. Co. OH. Eliz. 1838, Harriet 1842, Mary J. 1844, Sarah Ann 1843, Hiriam C. 1845, John B. 1847, Samuel 1849, Susan 1851. Wm. was son of John & Christina Weaver (Weber) Sarah was Dau. of John Burns and Hannah Rider. Who were John Weaver's parents?.
- MCGUIRE, PENDERGASS, PENDERGAST, PRENDERGASS posted by Janet Miller on Tuesday, May 12, 1998
- Researching Barney (Barnabas)McGuire and wife, Jane Pendergass (various spellings of PRENDERGASS, PENDERGAST). Joined Revoltionary War unit from Carlisle, after war lived and died (believed) in Derry Township, Westmoreland county. Seeking any information on he or his wife, particularily where buried. Subsequent generations moved west into Ohio, Illinois by Civil War and then Kansas, Missouri, Colorado and California..
- CARR posted by Jennifer Carr on Wednesday, May 13, 1998
- HI..Looking for anyone who might have a history of CARR from the MT Pleasant Pa area. Am Trying to research Caleb father of Reuben, possibly 21 others. Also Smith CARR and George G.(C) CARR for connections. Would appreciate any info. WILLING TO SHARE..
- DAVIS, MCCALL, SCOTT posted by Ray Hoffman on Wednesday, May 13, 1998
- Looking for ancestors and PA county of origin of William and Ann Davis who were residents of Derry twp, Westmoreland Co. as early as 1784. Their children were Prudence, b. abt 1774, m. Knight Scott abt 1790; Alice (Else), b. abt 1777, m. Samuel McCall; David; Lemuel; and William, b. 1785, m. Rachel McClelland abt. 1809. Family moved to Butler Co (Franklin twp area) about 1802 and William died about 1805..
- FRYE posted by Kevin Frye on Thursday, May 14, 1998
- I`m looking for the parents of my great grandfather Albert Frye 1851-dec.1934 was married to Annie Naugle Frye who died in 1902. Albert was the last member of the "LARGE" family of John and Sarah Frye of Ligonier township in Westmoreland County. I would be greatful for any info on John and Sarah..
- STOTLER posted by Suzy Bettac on Friday, May 15, 1998
- I am searching for connection of William S. Stotler; Daughter Malinda/Belinda Catherine b. 6 June 1848 Westmoreland Co., Pa.; daughter Emseba b. about 1852 possibly Somerset Co., Pa. Wife's initials were A.C.; Who were his parents? Who was A.C.? Malinda married 1868 in Va.
- FREED, FRIED, FRIEDT posted by Margaret Trauth on Friday, May 15, 1998
- Searching for info about Peter Fried, also spelled FREED, FRIEDT, born March 1802 and left Westmoreland County in 1839 with his wife, Susanna and two children, Mary who was born Nov 1833, and Eva who was born Arpil, 1835.
- FULTON, HOOVER, KERN, KOOSER, MARTIN, MOORE, MURRAY, SHALLENBERGER, ULERY, WARRICK, WHITE posted by Janis Ulery Bunten on Saturday, May 16, 1998
- Searching for ancestors of William Frederick ULERY (b. 1856), Mary Jane MARTIN (b. 1865), Alexander Kern KOOSER (b. 1864), and Elizabeth WARRICK (b. 1868). I have info I'm happy to share.
- FINNEY posted by Marty Burns on Saturday, May 16, 1998
- Dorcas Warne Shrader appears as Dorcas Warren Shrader (d1850) in History of Allegheny Co, Genealogy and Biography, p709. Her grandmother (Allen Wall's great-grandmother) appears as Dorcas Warner on her cousin Allen Wall's list of heads of families in 1790, prepared for the "Elizabeth Herald" (History of Allegheny Co, Chap 8, Elizabeth, Forward, and Lincoln Townships, p85). Her son William Shrader (bForward Twp, 1839) married (5/1861) Eliza J Byers, became postmaster of Elizabeth, purchased coal mines at Lovedale, and sold them to live "in elegant retirement in Lincoln Township...on a prominent bluff facing the Monongahela River, from which a beautiful view is afforded." Her daughter Susanna Shrader m Finney, Greensburg, Westmoreland Co..
- JOHNSTON posted by Carey Rogers on Saturday, May 16, 1998
- Looking for the parents of Charles Allen Johnston (b. ca 1858) in Westmoreland County. He had siblings named William, Ella and Thomas.
- HESS, WALTHOUR posted by Talma Klaassen on Sunday, May 17, 1998
- William HESS b. ca 1750's married Mary "Judith" WALTHOUR resident of North Huntingtown twp, Westmoreland co 1800. William died 1816. Who were his parents and what co. did they come from..
- PHILIPPI, PHILLIPI, PHILLIPPI posted by Dean Phillippi on Sunday, May 17, 1998
- I am searching the surnames as listed that are in my family lineage. There is a softback book out titled "The history of the Phillippi family" done by Linda Phillippi of Rockwood, Pennsylvania. If anyone has a copy of this book or who knows that they can point me to getting a copy of this, please contact me. Also if anyone would like to share information on these surnames, please contact me.
- BRENNEMAN, GIBBONEY posted by Nathan Zipfel on Sunday, May 17, 1998
- Seeking family of Christina Gibboney. She was born in 1804 in Westmoreland County. She was married to Jacob Brenneman Jan 29, 1825. They had the following children: John born Dec 22, 1825 married to Maria Smith
Elizabeth b May 6, 1827 marrie d Hiram Wilson
Hester b. March 19, 1829
Fulton b. March 25, 1831
Abner b. Jun 18 1833 m Sarah McClaine
Sarah b May 17, 1835
Rush b. July 3, 1836 m Hannah MacNaughton
Abiram b. June 8, 1838
Eunice b. June 16, 1840
Jane b. August 22, 1841
Martha b. July 5, 1843
Oliver b July 7, 1844
Uree b October 25, 1846
Jacob b April 14, 1847
Robinson b. November 24, 1849
- GEIGER, MCADAMS posted by Eleanor Myers on Monday, May 18, 1998
- Benjamin Geiger born 28 Jan 1831 in Greensberg, married Barbara ____?____. Parents were Jonathan Geiger and Margaret McAdams who lived also in Somerset Co., PA. Looking for descendents of Benjamin and info on parents..
- BRITTAIN posted by L J Simpson on Monday, May 18, 1998
- Looking for JAMES A BRITTAIN of Westmoreland Co. Born abt 1831. Does anybody have info.. Maybe of the FRIENDS
- JOHNSON, LENHART, MEHAFFEY posted by Nancy Thomas on Monday, May 18, 1998
- Christoher LENHART bought land in Westmoreland Co. about 1805. His son Isaac was born in 1808. I am searching for documentation of that birth. Isaac LENHART married Sarah MEHAFFEY in Ohio and she was also born in 1808 in PA Need her parents John JOHNSON was born 1809 in PA Need his parents.
- ARNOLD, GERMAN, HEILMAN, KING, KOENIG, MARSHALL, WALTENBAUGH posted by Joann Whetzel on Monday, May 18, 1998
- I am looking for information on the family of my G-Grandfather George William Arnold B. 5 Feb 1865 in Brackenridge, Westmoreland Co. PA. Father Henry Arnold, Mother A. Elizabeth Fredricks. Married Frances Rebecca "Fanny" Waltenbaugh B. 1868 in Brackenridge, Westmoreland Co. PA. Fanny was the daughter of William Waltenbaugh and Elizabeth Walker. I would like any information available on the parents and siblings of both George William and Fanny.
- BOWERS, HUTCHINSON posted by Carol Collins on Tuesday, May 19, 1998
- Looking for information on Ammita (or Annita) HUTCHINSON , b. in Pennsylvania. She married William BOWERS from Ireland and had at least one child - Lydia Emma BOWERS - who was born Jan 31, 1884 in Pennsylvania and died in Westmorland Co. PA in 1919..
- HAZLET posted by Brenda Wallace on Tuesday, May 19, 1998
- Looking for anyone working on the family of JOHN HAZLET/HAZLETTE/HASLET who died in Westmoreland Co., PA in 1791. He was probably related to the Joseph and Mary Miller family. Joseph administered John's estate. I do not know any of the children of JOHN, but I do know his parents. Thanks, Brenda.
- ANDERSEN, ANDERSON, HADZIMA, KOTEK posted by Karen on Wednesday, May 20, 1998
- I'm looking for information on my mother's side of the family who were from and born somewhere in PA (Uniontown, Pittsburgh) areas. My mother's surname is Ann Kotek (DOB 6-15-1923); grandmother Mary Hadzima (Kotek) DOB 11-2-1901; g -grandparents Anna Hadzima (DOB unknown, possibly in Czech) died prior to 1951 somewhere in PA and Andrej Hadzima (DOB 7-29-1873 in Czech). Andrej's death certificate shows he was a coal miner in PA. My grandfather, Steve Kotek was born in PA according to his death certificate..his DOB is 12-20-1896. He was a mounted and a motor division police officer (I think in Pittsburgh) somewhere in the 1940-1950's. My uncle, Paul Kotek, born in PA either 7-12-1919 or 7-12-1921. My parents Del Anderson and Ann Kotek were married in Uniontown at St. John's by a Father Pipp in Aug or Sept. 1946. I'd appreciate any help in locating information or things like the counties to write to; addresses of vital records, churches, cemeteries, etc.
- FLORY, LANDIS posted by Bob Landis on Thursday, May 21, 1998
- I am looking for the burial place of JACOB LANDIS b.1771 in York Co. d.July 5, 1849 in Hempfield Twp., Westmoreland Co. He was married to Nancy Flory and lived in what is now Lincoln Heights. The only thing I have found is a very brief obituary in the Argus newspaper which only stated that he was "of Hempfield Township". Also, it appears that Nancy died before him, but I have not found any record of her death. If you can help, please e-mail. Tnx.
- CROSSLAND, JESSE, KOONS, KUNTZ, PENNEWELL, REIGEL, RIEGEL, RIGGLE posted by W. Joyce Smith on Friday, May 22, 1998
- Searching on family tre of REIGEL // RIEGEL // RIGGLE, with children's spouses of surnames - KOONS // KUNTZ || CROSSLAND || PENNEWELL. Family first starts with JESSE RIGGLE born about 1791, possibly WESTMORELAND, or WASHINGTON counties. Married ELIZABETH ( unknown surname ), about 1809, first born known was John in 1812. JESSE had several children, and traveled to Medina County, Ohio where ELIZABETH died. JESSE and the rest of the family moved on to JEFFERSON county, Wisconsin where they died. Anyone knowing of this family's history in Pennsylvania, please contact me. Thank you for your time - Joyce Smith
- GABEY, HARTMAN, SHEFFER, UPDEGRAFF posted by David G. Woodward on Friday, May 22, 1998
- Looking for any information on Jacob HARTMAN, Eli UNDEGRAFF, James GABEY and John SHEFFER all living in or near Westmoreland County in 1813..
- DEEMER, DIEMER, MILLER posted by Reita Burress on Sunday, May 24, 1998
- Looking for parents of Joseph Deemer (DIEMER). Joseph married Rachel Miller. Their son Peter born 1802 Westmoreland co., Pa.married Lydia Johnson..
- DEEMER, DIEMER, HEIL, NAUMANN posted by Adrienne Gallagher on Sunday, May 24, 1998
- ISO relatives of the following: ANDREAS DIEMER b. 11/11/1726, Griesbach, Alsace, France, immigrated to US 8/28/1750, on the ship "Phoenix", arrived in Phila from Rotterdam. He married, 7/6/1755, Christine Margarethe NAUMANN (b. 1720), and died 7/6/1796, in Unity Twp., Westmoreland Co., PA. He had:
Philip Diemer b. 11/14/1758, d. 1847
Peter Johann Diemer b. 6/22/1760 Northampton Co., d. 3/27/1837 Union Twp., Westmoreland Co., Pa. (MORE INFO BELOW!!)
Catherina Diemer b. c. 1762
Andrew Diemer b. 11/16/1764
Mary Magdalena "Polly" Diemer b. 12/31/1766
Christine Ester Diemer b. 12/17/1768
Nancy Mary Marg "Maria Margaret" Diemer b. 4/29/1770
Rebecca Diemer b. c. 1772
Barbara Diemer b. 6/2/1772
Anna Elizabeth Diemer b. 6/14/1779
Susanna Diemer b. c. 1779
John Diemer b. 4/10/1782
ANCESTORS OF PETER JOHANN DIEMER
he married SUSANNA HEIL (b. 5/ /1769, Little Nazareth, Pa, d. 4/2/1810) They had:
Jonas b. 6/21/1789, Westmoreland Co.
Maria Susanna b. 1/5/1791, d. before May 1792
Susanna b. 5/10/1792
Margaret b. 12/2/1795 Westmoreland Co.
Johannes b. 5/1/1797, d. 3/ /1880 (I HAVE HIS ANCESTORS UPON REQUEST!!)
Christina b. 9/6/1798, Westmoreland Co, d. 8/20/1816
Andrew b. 7/7/1800 Westmoreland Co
Peter Jr b. 12/30/1801, Westmoreland Co.
Martha b. 9/15/1805, Westmoreland Co
Hannah b. 5/25/1808, Westmoreland Co.
I would love any information about any of the above-- im trying to connect these people to MY Diemer/Deemers. Im definately willing to exchange other information, about these or my Deemers! Adrienne..
- MCCUTCHEON posted by Margaret Lauterbach on Sunday, May 24, 1998
- Does anyone know the date of death of Alexander McCutcheon of Washington Township, Westmoreland County, who was born in 1842? Family was Presbyterian, if anyone has Presbyterian cemetery records. I'm his great granddaughter..
- EASTER, FENNELL posted by Margaret Lauterbach on Sunday, May 24, 1998
- Looking for death date for Rebecca Easter Fennell, born ca. 1811, living in Westmoreland County in 1900 with her son, Samuel V. Fennell and his wife, Nannie Baer Fennell. The latter were both living in Bell Township at the time of their deaths, in 1941 and 1940 respectively. Does anyone have any information on Jacob Fennell, born ca. 1811? His wife/widow, Rebecca Easter, was born in Pennsylvania, according to the census. Samuel V. and Nannie Fennell were my great-grandparents. This part of the family was Lutheran, if there are Lutheran cemeteries. I think they farmed near Saltsburg..
- FRANK, YOST posted by Mary Lou Godleski on Tuesday, May 26, 1998
- John Yost married 1898 Rose Ann Frank, Nicolas Yost married 1890 Katherine Frank. These families lived in Westmoreland Co., PA. Rose and Katherine Frank are the daughters of Chrisitan Frank of Blair Co. Looking for their descendants. Also looking for another sister, Margaret Frank.
- BITZER, DEMAREST, MARTIN posted by Allyson Lee on Tuesday, May 26, 1998
- I'm looking for information on my grandfather and his family. My grandfather was Samuel Bitzer MARTIN b. July 12, 1899, in Scottdale. He died March, 1970 in Sacramento, CA. He married Audrey Lois DEMAREST. Samuel's parents were Samuel Addison MARTIN and Carrie BITZER. I have no other information, so if someone could help, I would really appreciate it..
- HENRY posted by Scott Emmel on Wednesday, May 27, 1998
- I am looking for information concerning 2 families with the surname of HENRY listed in the 1850 census as living in Sewickly Township, Westmoreland County.
The first family is that of Edward Henry, his wife Mary, and daughter Sarah.
The second family is Adam Henry, his wife Elsey, and 7 children, James, William E., Nancy, Joseph, John, Sarah, and Mary.
I am trying to determine if there is a tie here to Peter or Frederick Henry (Heinrich) who is my wife's ancestor. Peter also had a son Adam, is this Adam possibly him?.
- BRADY, CRAMER, HANEY, HAZLETT, KNOX, WILSON posted by Rita Bone Kopp on Wednesday, May 27, 1998
- Robert HAZLETT b 1763-65 Scotland, wife Nancy Agness b 1776 PA, he d c1824 Westmoreland Co, she d 1860-70, bought "Reed Hall" in Fairfield/Ligoneer twp in 1801; children: Samuel b 1797, mar'd 1823 Mary WILSON, to Richland Co OH & d 1870; James b 1799, 1850 in Richland Co OH, d ?; Jane b 1801 w/o James HANEY, 1870 in Van Buren Co IA; William b 1803, wife Nancy KNOX, d 1874 Richland Co OH; Margaret 1808-1890; Robert Jr 1810-1869; John b 1815 d ?; Margaret may have had a child Margaret who married John CRAMER; is this the Margaret BRADY in Robert Jr's will?; Mary Wilson w/o Samuel Hazlett d/o John & Rachel Wilson, John d 1841 & Rachel 1858, Richland Co OH, both from Fairfield twp
- EMENHISER posted by Brad Renno on Friday, May 29, 1998
- Looking for information on Adam EMENHISER, on 1810 census for Westmoreland Co., PA. Moved to Wayne Co., PA by 1820..
- HIGGINS, WARNE posted by Donald Warne on Saturday, May 30, 1998
- Searching Westmoreland County for Ancesters,or relatives of Ellen Jane Higgins Warne.Born Jan. 27,1901 in New Eagle and died in Manor,on Oct.5,1938.
- ANDERSEN, ANDERSON, HADZIMA, KOTEK posted by Karen on Sunday, May 31, 1998
- I'm looking for information on my mother's side of the family who were from and born somewhere in PA (Uniontown, Pittsburgh) areas. My mother's surname is Ann Kotek (DOB 6-15-1923); grandmother Mary Hadzima (Kotek) DOB 11-2-1901; g -grandparents Anna Hadzima (DOB unknown, possibly in Czech) died prior to 1951 somewhere in PA and Andrej Hadzima (DOB 7-29-1873 in Czech). Andrej's death certificate shows he was a coal miner in PA. My grandfather, Steve Kotek was born in PA according to his death certificate..his DOB is 12-20-1896. He was a mounted and a motor division police officer (I think in Pittsburgh) somewhere in the 1940-1950's. My uncle, Paul Kotek, born in PA either 7-12-1919 or 7-12-1921. My parents Del Anderson and Ann Kotek were married in Uniontown at St. John's by a Father Pipp in Aug or Sept. 1946. I'd appreciate any help in locating information or things like the counties to write to; addresses of vital records, churches, cemeteries, etc. I'm looking for ! information on my mother's side of the family who were from and born somewhere in PA (Uniontown, Pittsburgh) areas. My mother's surname is Ann Kotek (DOB 6-15-1923); grandmother Mary Hadzima (Kotek) DOB 11-2-1901; g -grandparents Anna Hadzima (DOB unknown, possibly in Czech) died prior to 1951 somewhere in PA and Andrej Hadzima (DOB 7-29-1873 in Czech). Andrej's death certificate shows he was a coal miner in PA. My grandfather, Steve Kotek was born in PA according to his death certificate..his DOB is 12-20-1896. He was a mounted and a motor division police officer (I think in Pittsburgh) somewhere in the 1940-1950's. My uncle, Paul Kotek, born in PA either 7-12-1919 or 7-12-1921. My parents Del Anderson and Ann Kotek were married in Uniontown at St. John's by a Father Pipp in Aug or Sept. 1946. I'd appreciate any help in locating information or things like the counties to write to; addresses of vital records, churches, cemeteries, etc..
- BAIRD, HOLMES, NORRIS, SCOTT, SHEARER, TRINDLE posted by Nancy McEwen on Sunday, May 31, 1998
- William BAIRD of Derry Twp. died in 1850. His will mentions daughters Elizabeth b.ca 1818 m. Robert SCOTT, Mary Ann b.ca 1819 m. David SHEARER, Margaret Ann b. 1823 m. James TRINDLE, Jane m. William HOLMES and Martha m. Aaron NORRIS. His brother John BAIRD served as an executor. His first wife is said to be Mary (Polly) Boyle, the mother of his children. His second wife was Jane ? . Shortly before his death Wm. sold land between the canal and the Conemaugh River, near Bairdstown. I am hoping for additional information on any of the people mentioned..
- LONG, MCCONAUGHY, NESBIT posted by Nancy McEwen on Sunday, May 31, 1998
- Jane MCCONAUGHY m. Samuel NESBIT ca 1850 in Westmo Co..They had at least 2 daughters, Belle m. a LONG and lived in Satsburg in 1909 and a daughter who married a Henderson and moved to Iowa. Seeking any info on Belle Nesbit Long
Return to the Archived
Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to Westmoreland County Home Page
(c) Westmoreland County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project