- KING posted by Judith Glad on Saturday, March 1, 1997
- KING: Eanas (Donegal Twp) in 1800 census, Enos (Unity or Donegali Twp) in 1810 census; they may be the same person or may be father and son. Enos KING (born 1794) was in Monongalia County VA/WV in 1816, Preston County VA/WV in 1820. Seeking ancestors, relatives, descendents.
- VANSICKLE posted by Nancy Brower on Sunday, March 2, 1997
- VANSICKLE Would like to correspond with anyone researching the VANSICKLE family of Westmoreland County. I have VANSICKLE's who moved to Mason Co., West Virginia, and I think that they may be connected.
- BLACKBURN, BRINTON posted by William Blackburn on Monday, March 3, 1997
- Searching for ancestors of my paternal great grandparents, William BLACKBURN b. 1841 Westmoreland Co. and Sarah BRINTON, b. 1848. He may be son of William BLACKBURN b.1772. May 24 1822, grandson of Anthony I have BRINTON's back to the 1500's, I think, but all information on BLACKBURN's and BRINTON's will be appreciated. I will of course share all information I have.
- MACE, REGESTER posted by Scott Mace on Monday, March 3, 1997
- Simeon Edgar MACE, b. 1802/3 in Westmoreland Co., PA. Was in Ohio by 1830 and removed to Wayne Co., Iowa by 1860. He married Abigail REGESTER, b. 18-Mar-1817, probably in Westmoreland Co. Any information on siblings, parents, anything, would be greatly appreciated.
- MICKEY posted by Sherry Murphy on Monday, March 3, 1997
- MICKEY - I have been searching for information on my grandfather's family for years. The earliest MICKEY I have been able to trace is Daniel MICKEY who was born in 1750 in what was then Lancaster or Cumberland County, PA. He is said to have been descended from one of three brothers from northern Ireland. Their names were Daniel, Isaac and Robert and supposedly came to this country in 1937. Family lore says they were involved in a rebellion against the British in Ireland, captured and taken to London. There, they were sentenced to hang but the night before the hanging, they were broken out of prison and put on a ship to America. Supposedly, they changed their last name to MICKEY and never revealed their original name to anyone. In the 1790 census, there are a Daniel, William and Robert MICKEY in Donegal. Any information on this family would be greatly appreciated. I have a lot of information on the family after 1750 and would be willing to share it.
- DEEMER, EBERHART, MILLER posted by Michael S. Caldwell on Wednesday, March 5, 1997
- DEEMER: Have/will share all information on DEEMER-related families. This family lived in Kiski Township in Armstrong County. They also overlapped into Westmoreland and Indiana Counties. Earliest known is Frederick DEEMER, who was perhaps born in Germany. Served in Revolutionary War, lived for a time in Lancaster or York County, and settled in what is now Armstrong County. Wife was Lydia EBERHART; they had a large family. Son Philip, b. 1793, married Sarah MILLER. Also a large family. Happy to share all data, which includes Bible entries, census, etc.
- CROUSHORE, PHILLIPS, REAM posted by Cathy Croushore on Wednesday, March 5, 1997
- I am looking for info on Westmoreland (Greensburg) surnames CROUSHORE, PHILLIPS, REAM. Any info would be appreciated. I am conducting research on my family. Thanks
- BOVARD, CRINE, GRESSLER, MENTCH, REED posted by Cathy Croushore on Wednesday, March 5, 1997
- I am looking for any info on my family's history. Mostly from Greensburg, Jeannette area. (Westmoreland County) Surnames on father's side GRESSLER, CRINE. (GRESSLER owned a Printing Co. in Spanish Villa, Jeannette. My mother's side BOVARD, REED, MENTCH. (MENTCH owned Machine Shop in Greensburg) Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
- NOEL posted by Dominic Noel on Thursday, March 6, 1997
- Trying to confirm that Joseph NOEL (xxxx..~1842) who may have been born in MD and died in Westmoreland Co, PA is the son of Blasius NOEL. Blasius being the son of Peter NOEL and Peter being the son of Joseph NOEL. Both Joseph and Peter from Europe to Adams County in 1736. Negative info is also important. Joseph NOEL (1680..1753-54) Europe > PA Peter NOEL (~1720..Oct 1771) Europe>PA wife Margret Blasius"Bloss" (Adam?) NOEL (1762..1831) PA > MD ? Joseph NOEL(xxxx..1842) w Margaret Griffin MD > PA
- COVODE, MAGGEE, MCGRANAHAN, ROBERTS, SCHAEFER, SCHAFER, UPDEGRAFF, WILLIAMS posted by Denise Harper on Saturday, March 8, 1997
- COVODE: Looking for any info re: Garrett COVODE and wife, Mary MAGGEE (sp?). They were married around 1770 in York Co., later moved to Westmoreland Co.,and had four children: Jacob COVODE, born 1772, who married Anna UPDEGRAFF (sp?), Susanna COVODE who married Daniel SCHAFER or SCHAEFER), Elizabeth COVODE, who married Nathaniel WILLIAMS, and Margaret, who first married Thomas ROBERTS, then William MCGRANAHAN.
- NETHEROW, NETHROW posted by John Nethero on Saturday, March 8, 1997
- Looking for any information on the NETHEROW or NETHROW families in Westmoreland County.
- SHRADER, SHRETTER posted by William Shrader on Sunday, March 9, 1997
- Looking for information on Wilhelm (William) SHRETTER/SHRADER family living in Westmoreland Co. in the late 1700s and early 1800s. Information indicates that William married a Susanna Hoke in Lancaster Co. in 1744 and moved to Baltimore Co. MD and then to Westmoreland Co. around 1755. Several children were born in Westmoreland Co. and some migrated to Kentucky and some to Indiana and Ohio in the 1800s.
- BERKEPILE, BURKHOLDER, CRAIGHEAD, GUTHRIE, JEWART, LIGHTCAP, MCCLAIN, MCLAIN, MCSWINEY, SPENCE, SPENCER, STEWART, STURGEON posted by Virginia Fair on Wednesday, March 12, 1997
- My Great Grandfather John E. STEWART (b. 1802 Ireland) lived in Westmoreland Co. &married Mary LIGHTCAP (abt. 1831) from Westmoreland Co. Her parents were Rachel CRAIGHEAD & Samuel LIGHTCAP. Samuel owned Plantation in Derry Twp Westmoreland Co. I think John STEWART was married before because in his will he says daughters: Margaret (MCLAIN or MCCLAIN) & Jane (SPENCE or SPENCER). He & Mary had 4 girls & 2 boys. Rachel(Wm.JEWART) Sarah ( Wm.GUTHRIE) John Jr.( Sally MCSWINEY) Joseph (Elizabeth BERKEPILE) Lived in Armstrong Co. Plumcreek near Atwood PA. John & Mary are both buried at Sagamore PA. John Sr. had a brother Joseph (b. abt 1801 Ireland) who married Mary Jane STURGEON & lived in Armstrong Co. I don't know if John & Joseph's father or any other family came over from Ireland with them or when they came to the US. Sally MCSWINEY'S mother was Mary BURKHOLDER from Muncie ,Lycoming Co daughter of George BURKHOLDER.They lived in Indiana Co. PA.
- KELLY, SAGER, SHOWALTER posted by Brad Arms on Thursday, March 13, 1997
- I am seeking info. on Samuel and Susan (SHOWALTER) SAGER and their daughters Sarah and Elizabeth. Samuel and Susan moved from VA to Trumbull Co., OH before 1816. They later moved to PA. Daughter Sarah (b. 1803) m. Samuel Bair and lived in Westmoreland Co. until his death in 1858, when she moved to IA. Daughter Elizabeth m. Adam KELLY on 23 Apr 1839 in Westmoreland Co., and they moved to IA. I am looking for ancestry of this line and bio. details. I have info. on Elizabeth and Sarah after their marriages.
- HOEH posted by Mary Fuller on Thursday, March 13, 1997
- My great-grandfather Michael J. HOEH b. abt 1830, possibly in Westmoreland, Pa. d. Jan. 6. 1898 in Punxsutawny, Pa. Do you have any info on his Parents and where in Germany they came from? It was mentioned they could have come from Hershburg, Germany.
- BENNETT posted by Laura Doolittle on Friday, March 14, 1997
- I am looking for information on Everett BENNETT. He is my grandfather but little is known of him because he left my grandmother before my father was born. He died in 1961 or 62 but I have not located an obituary. Probably had a twin sister named Everetta. My father is from Rector and Ligonier, and thinks Everett would have been born in Westmoreland or Fayette county circa 1890-1910. Any information at all would be helpful, on him specifically, or on any related BENNETT ancestors.
- JENKINSON posted by David Jenkinson on Friday, March 14, 1997
- Looking for information concerning Francis JENKINSON, who lived in Westmoreland Co in the early 1800's, married a woman named Catherine and had sons George, William, and Christian while living in PA.
- FLIGGER, MCGUINNIS posted by Michele Hayes on Saturday, March 15, 1997
- Looking for information on Mary MCGUINNIS, b: 1807, Mt. Pleasant Twp., West. Co.,PA; d: 1870. Married Samuel FLIGGER, b: Abt.1807; d: 2-15-1888, Donegal Twp., West. Co., PA. Hand issue: David M.; b: 6-26-1836; d: 1910; John, Samuel; b: 10-15-1844; Mary, Hannah, Sarah, and Caroline.
- FLIGGER, LYNCH posted by Michele Hayes on Saturday, March 15, 1997
- Looking for information on George LYNCH and his LYNCH ancestors. George married Sarah "Sadie" Catherine FLIGGER, b: 9-15-1882, West.Co; d: 1909. Had issue: Hazel Mary, b: 12-6-1902, Hunker, West.Co.; d: 6-28-1974, Mt. Pleasant, West. Co., Irene, Winifred, Janet, Frank, Fred, Harry.
- NICHOLAS, RITTER posted by Barbara Palser on Saturday, March 15, 1997
- I'm looking for information and War of 1812 records for Abraham RITTER. Abraham lived in Somerset County, where he married Mary Ann NICHOLAS about 1802. He served in the war of 1812 as a captain, according to a published biographical sketch, and prior to departing to Ohio he served as Justice of the Peace for 8 years, either in Somerset County or in Westmoreland County.Their son, Arthur Carr RITTER, was born in Westmoreland County in 1810. It is also believed they had sons named Abraham and Hosea.
- TALBOTT posted by Ron Reynolds on Saturday, March 15, 1997
- Looking for connections to James TALBOTT b. 15 feb. 1758 A> A> My. d. 9 mar 1855 Smithfield Ohio. Henry S Talbott and John are two of his ten children born in Westmoreland (Legioner Valley) Pa.
- HARVEY, HARVY, HERVEY posted by Richard Harvey on Sunday, March 16, 1997
- Looking in particular any information on Joshua HARVY who was in Derry Twp. Westmoreland Co. in 1790. Also interested in any other HARVEY/HARVY/or HERVEY in Westmoreland, Washington, Fayette and Greene Co.1780-1820
- HARDIE posted by Teri Hardie on Tuesday, March 18, 1997
- I am looking for any information on William Nimmo HARDIE or his family or ancestry. William was born on Oct 12, 1888 in Irwin, PA I believe his fathers name may have been Alex or Alexander. Any help you may be able to give would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
- HOOGTALING, KIPP, KIPPS, PHILIPS, PHILLIPS, VANTINE posted by Linda Mockenhaupt on Tuesday, March 18, 1997
- Seeking information on the KIPP family who settled in Allegheny Twp., Westmoreland Co., PA about 1810. Abraham KIPP and wife, Hannah (possibly VANTINE), had a son, Benjamin F. KIPP who married Angeline PHILIPS/PHILLIPS. She may have been the daughter of Joseph and Mary PHILIPS shown in the census in that area, but an older Aunt thought that Angeline's mother's name was Martha. I have traced the KIPPS back to Adams Co, PA. Most of Benjamin's siblings had the middle name VANTINE. Would be glad to share information.I believe Hannah to be the sister of Hezekiah VANTINE, son of Thomas VANTINE and Annatie HOOGTALING.
- ALTMANN, HAMILTON, HEGEMANN, JOGHS, KUNKLE, LEARN, MECHLIN, SMAIL, STEINER, TRIMBLE, WOLF, YOCKEY posted by Vernon Cook on Thursday, March 20, 1997
- I have connections to the following families and will share data. ALTMANN,John Anthon "Anthony" |7 Aug 1729|Hermingen/Herbitzheim, Nassau-Saarwerden, Germany|2 Feb 1809|Westmoreland Co., Pa|
HAMILTON, James |ABT 1726|Hamiltown, Scotland\Cumberland\Westmoreland\Indiana Co., Pa| HEGEMANN, Anna Magaretha |ABT 1738|Florsbach, Hesse, Germany|ABT 1797|Hempfield Twp., Westmoreland Co., Pa|
JOGHS, Anna Maria 'Maryanne Detar' |ABT 1730|Paris, France|Feb 1809|Near Greensburg, Westm Co., Pa| KUNKLE, Anna Maria 'Mary' |28 Sep 1794|Hempfield Twp., Westmoreland Co., Pa (now Blacklick Twp., Indiana Co.,Pa)|7 Feb 1884|Green Twp., Indiana Co., Pa| KUNKLE, Johannes Pvt, Rev. War|15 Feb 1731/32|Fl�rsbach, Hesse, Germany|BEF 22 Dec 1813|Hempfield Twp., Westmoreland Co., Pa|
LEARN, Andrew |30 Nov 1764|Tannersville, Northampton, PA|28 Jan 1807|Sewickley Settlement, Bell Twp, Westmoreland, PA|
LEARN, Jacob |27 Jul 1815|Salina, Bell Twp, Westmoreland, PA|3 Jun 1886|Green Twp, Ind, PA
MECHLIN, Eleanor Mechling |20 Dec 1737||6 Dec 1831|Westmoreland Co., PA|
SMAIL, Henry |20 Oct 1835|Westmoreland Co., Pa|2 Aug 1907|Locust St., Indiana, Pa|
STEINER, George Valentine |ABT 1740|Germany|AFT 1811|Westmoreland Co., PA|
TRIMBLE, George |17 Apr 1786|Armstrong Twp., Westmoreland Co., Pa|1848||
WOLF, Elizabeth |23 Jul 1776|Derry Twp., Westmoreland Co., Pa|10 Aug 1871|Indiana Co., Pa|
YOCKEY, Susannah |6 Mar 1761|Homestead, Westmoreland, PA|2 Aug 1831|Salina, Bell Twp, Westmoreland, PA|
- HIXSON, LYNCH, NICKLOW posted by Michele Hayes on Friday, March 21, 1997
- NICKLOW, Quincy Hixon - b: Jan. 18, 1897, Westmoreland Co., PA; d: March 4, 1977. Parents were Elijah A. NICKLOW and Bertha E. HIXSON. Married Hazel Mary LYNCH. The NICKLOW family may have settled first in Somerset Co., PA. I would like any information on the NICKLOW of West. Co. and Somerset Co. Thank You.
- CARSON posted by Mary Jackson on Friday, March 21, 1997
- Seeking information on parents of William CARSON b 08 July 1799 Westmoreland County PA. When he was four years old his father moved to Hamilton County, Ohio. Was never out of that county until he was 26 years old when he moved to Sangamon County IL. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
- FEARIS, TAYLOR posted by Robin Taylor on Friday, March 21, 1997
- Searching for parents of Mary TAYLOR, born July 27, 1771 in VA., daughter of John TAYLOR and Sarah? Married George FEARIS June 3, 1792 in Westmoreland Co., PA Daughter Sally(Sarah) FEARIS born December 8, 1892. Would like surname of Sarah. Birthplace in Virginia of Mary Taylor. Where did John and Sarah Taylor move from to Westmoreland Co. George FEARIS was born in Ireland in 1767. Looking for more information on his family. Thanks for your help. Robin Taylor
- CLEMONDS, HOOVER, HUBER, KERBACH, KERBAUGH, KERBOCH posted by Bill Carbaugh on Saturday, March 22, 1997
- KERBOCH/KERBAUGH/HUBER/HOOVER/CLEMONDS Looking for Martin KERBOCH/KERBAUGH and family in Donegal Twp. before 1810. His wife was Julianna HUBER/HOOVER daugther of George and Elizabeth HUBER/HOOVER. They had five children: George, Martin, Samuel, Mary and Elizabeth between 1798 and 1806. Mary and Elizabeth KERBACH maried CLEMONDS brothers from Washington Co.
- KNOX, TIMER, TURNER, WOODS posted by Robert Woods on Saturday, March 22, 1997
- James WOODS b.abt. 1757 d. 8 Oct 1831,Elizabeth Twp,Allegheny County,PA. Buried: Fells Cemetery,Fellsburgh,Westmoreland Co. Wife, Elizabeth b.abt 1760,d. 12 Jan 1842,Elizabeth Twp, Allegheny Co.,PA. In James WOODS will dated 10 Nov 1829 the following children and grandchildren are listed: 1. William WOODS,(the oldest), 2. John WOODS(probably the youngest child), 3.Isabel TURNER, 4. James WOODS, 5. Martha TIMER(TURNER) 6. Joseph WOODS, 7. grandchildren; James and Joseph KNOX 8. grandson, Vallentine WOODS. I have been looking for this family since highschool(1954). Every family in western Pennsylvania has a John Woods b.abt 1800, but this is the correct one. Please, someone out there has the rest of the puzzle. Thanks, Rob Woods, Ridgefield,WA
- BIERER posted by Bill Bierer on Sunday, March 23, 1997
- Looking for any available information on the BIERER family. In particular, John M. BIERER. John M. BIERER was born in Wiernsheim Germany in 1782. He settled in Unity Township in 1804. In 1805 John M. Bierer married Barbara Holtzinger and settled in Greensburg. Any information anyone may have on any of the BIERER ancestors will be appreciated. Information on John M. BIERER is very limited and is needed to complete this particular line of my family tree.
- BENCIE, BENCZE, BENSI, BENSIE, DROZDIK, YAMBOR posted by Mary Raymond on Tuesday, March 25, 1997
- YAMBOR/BENSIE/BENCIE/BENSI/BENCZE/DROZDIK from Hungary around 1900, Westmoreland County, Latrobe-Vandergrift, then moved to Cambria
- WHETSTEIN, WHETSTONE posted by Louise Hastings on Wednesday, March 26, 1997
- Seeking info on Conrad WHETSTONE/WHETSTEIN b. 1738? Germany? settled in Westmoreland Co., PA via England. Sons: Jasper, Jacob, Reuben, John Lafayette (1788-1872)
- HAWK posted by Helen Hamilton on Friday, March 28, 1997
- Trying to locate the gravesite of a Jacob HAWK who died in 1820 in Westmoreland Co, which was established from Bedford Co, PA. Jacob was born about 1750.
- CHERRY posted by Valerie Freeman on Saturday, March 29, 1997
- Trying to find parents of Peter F. CHERRY b. December 1814 in Westmoreland Co, PA. DIED 1863 due to disease in Civil War. Buried in Linn Grove Cemetery, Iowa. Married Charlotte Nesselrode Nov 1834 in Morgan County, Ohio. Any leads greatly appreciated.
- MITCHEL, MITCHELL posted by JoAnn Betten on Sunday, March 30, 1997
- Looking for information on the family of James MITCHEL/MITCHELL. He was born around 1812/13, he married Jane (or Jessie) Sarver. They lived in eastern Allegheny County/western Westmoreland County- it's difficult to tell, due to boundary line changes. Their children were Hettie, b. 1835/36, Richard, b. 1839/40, George, b. 1841/42, William b. 1844/45, James, born 1847/48 and ?Walter? Thanks, JoAnn.
- ADAMS, MUFFLEY, PIERCE posted by JoAnn Betten on Sunday, March 30, 1997
- Looking for any information on John Quincy ADAMS, born 3 Oct 1820 in PA. He married Susan MUFFLEY in 1844. I beleive his parents were Ezekial ADAMS and Anne PIERCE. John and Susan ADAMS lived in Westmoreland County near Latrobe. any info appreciated, thanks, JoAnn.
- CULBERTSON, GOODMAN, MCGUIRE posted by Terry McGuire on Monday, March 31, 1997
- I am looking for any information on James A. MCGUIRE and his wife Mary A. GOODMAN. In the 1850 census James was a 28 year old cabinetmaker. His wife was 22. They lived in Derry Twp. Mary (called Molly by my family) was probably the daughter of John J. GOODMAN who may also have lived in Derry Twp. She had a sister Rose Goodman who married a Daniel CULBERTSON. They had two living children Daniel Webster McGUIRE and Ellie MCGUIRE. James and Mary had several other children who died young. The McGuires moved to Wayne County, Ohio around 1859-1860.
- CHRISTIE, HUGHES posted by Midge Christie Michael on Monday, March 31, 1997
- Looking for descendants of Andrew CHRISTIE b 1770 Westmoreland Co. Pa. m Rachel HUGHES 1800, Westmoreland Co. d 1855, Concord Twnsp, Butler Co. 8 children; Polly, Elizabeth, Nancy, Priscilla, John, Joseph, William Hughes, Andrew Jr. For many generations these families lived in Concord, West Sunbury and Corry.
Return to the Archived
Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to Westmoreland County Home Page
(c) Westmoreland County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project