JOHN PALANAFSKY. One of the progressive business men of Westmoreland county, an industrious, useful citizen, and a man prominently and actively interested in community affairs, is John Palanafsky, proprietor of the Hotel Andrews, at Mount Pleasant, Pennsylvania. He was born in Autsria, May, 1867, and when a lad of some thirteen years emigrated to this country with his parents, Michael and Katie Palanafsky. His father is a resident of Mount Pleasant, making his home with his son John.
John Palanafsky received his education in the public schools of Westmoreland county, and on leaving the school room, entered into his first regular employment in the mines in Pennsylvania, remaining there until 1894. He was then for a time in the employ of the Mount Pleasant Brewing Company, and in 1897 he engaged in the hotel business in Mammoth, Westmoreland county, Pennsylvania, remaining there for two years and seven months. In 1901 Mr. Palanafsky purchased the Hotel Andrew at Mount Pleasant. This hotel is a three story structure, located on Main street near the depot. It is a first-class house and accommodates thirty-two guests. Politically Mr. Palanafsky is a Democrat. He is one of the enterprising citizens of the borough, and is ever willing and anxious to lend his assistance to any enterprise for the good of the public. He is a member of the I. O. R. M., No. 337, and the Eagles, No. 493. In matters of religion, he is a devout member of the Catholic church. He married, in 1890, Kate Babrura, and their children were: Thomas. Katie, Joseph, John and Alice.
Source: Page(s) 240, History of Westmoreland County, Volume II, Pennsylvania by John N Boucher. New York, The Lewis Publishing Company, 1906.
Transcribed August 2008 by Nathan Zipfel for the Westmoreland County History Project
Contributed for use by the Westmoreland County Genealogy Project (http://www.pa-roots.com/westmoreland/)
Westmoreland County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.
Return to Westmoreland County Home Page
(c) Westmoreland County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project