SURNAMES: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- ADAM, GOTTSCHALL posted by Bonnie on Monday, October 3, 2005
- GOTTSCHALL - In or around the Pottsville area? Early in the 1830's my family was in that area for about 9 months then moved to Perkinsville, NY to settle. I think maybe a few stayed in Pottsville or a surrounding area and I have not been able to find anything. Conrad ADAM born in Prussia in 1811 was found in Pottsville, Schuylkill county around 1849, then I have nothing more on him. William and John I have no information on. These three men were all brothers and the parents were Christian Ludwig and Marie Gottschall. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
- BEST, HUDSICK posted by William Best on Thursday, October 6, 2005
- looking to find out if the marriage of William H. BEST and Tina Lee HUDSICK, Best, is dissolved. the marriage took place in Billings,Mt on Feb.13,1995
- KESLER, MOORE posted by Howard Moore on Friday, October 7, 2005
- looking for information on my great-grandparents william and eugenia MOORE from potter county.both were born around 1870.william was possibly killed in a lumber or sawmill accident.eugenia later remarried to a man named KESLER. any info would be greatly appreciated.
- DIMON posted by Leonard Dimon on Friday, October 7, 2005
- I am searching for relatives of Elliott DIMON, who lived in Pike Township near Coudersport. My grandfather, Clifford B. Dimon was born ther in 1900. I am attempting to search for Clinton's past geneology. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
- CADY, COOK, COOKE, DUBOIS, JERUE posted by Pamela Cady on Tuesday, November 1, 2005
- This is in response to Shirley J Cleveland's query posting: I do know a little about the CADY history, Daniel Cady born: 1805 in Tioga County PA is my great great grandfather. His brother's and sister's names were: Abel, Michael, Manassa, Samuel A, and Esther. Michael Cady moved to Rives Junction, Jackson county, Michigan and my Daniel Cady moved to Casco township, Allegan county, Michigan. Daniel was married to Sally L COOK, both are buried in McDowell cemetary in Allegan County. Daniel and Sally's son who is my great grandfather was Lewis C Cady married to Martha M JERUE, they are also buried in McDowell cemetary. My grandfather was Clayton J Cady who married to Helene May (DUBOIS)COOK/COOKE. Daniel Cady's brother Abel was shown on census reports to living with this family. I contact the Tioga County historian who did say that Abel, Michael, Daniel, Manassa, Samuel A, Esther's father was Abel Cady, and he said it was likely that Abel's father was Manassah Cady born 1731/32. Email me with further questions.
- MERRICK posted by Ruth A. Larson on Thursday, November 17, 2005
- Searching for information about Daniel R. MERRICK who was in 1911 the Principal of the Portland Mills High School (I have a picture of him with the graduating class of 1914) It seems afer leaving Portland Mills, Spring Creek Twp., Elk county he went to teach in Johnsonburg, Pa then possibly to Coudersport where he was teaching about 1917-1918 in Potter county, Pa. Then his whereabouts ends. I would like to learn about his education and his teaching background. If I can locate a copy of his obit. the majority of my questions could be answered. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
- MOFFIT, MORTON, PRATT posted by Pamela Clark on Sunday, November 27, 2005
- I am looking for relatives of my mothers family. I know that Leo Glen MORTON was my mothers father, I am not sure if he was adopted as a child, my mothers mother was named Mary Eveyln PRATT, MORTON, MOFFIT. Please respond with any information. thank you
- CARNEY, CUSHEN, KEARNEY, MORTON posted by Patricia Carney on Monday, November 28, 2005
- Regarding MORTON query by Pamela Clark of Sugar Grove, Pa. Her email address would not go through - too long. I have been searching for information on my great grandmother Lovina (Levena) Estelle MORTON KEARNEY (1900 census, married to a Thomas Henry Kearney, later spelling changed to CARNEY) CUSHEN. Her death certificate states that she was born in Snow Shoe Pennsylvania December 8, 1865 and her parents are listed as unknown. She and her second husband migrated to the Shreveport, Bossier City, Louisiana area, I am assuming from Olean, New York where their last child was born, the other two were born in Austin, Potter County, Penn. She died April 22, 1955 and is buried in St. Joseph's Cemetery in Shreveport; she was of the catholic faith. Some think that her family was from New York. Anyone like that in your Morton searchings?
- ALEXANDER, BARBER posted by Judith Crumley on Wednesday, November 30, 2005
- I am looking for my Great-Grandfather John BARBER. I was told he born in Pa. and later moved to NC. He was a sheriff and was shot with his own gun on the courthouse stepps. My Grandmother was Ruth Barber and my mother Lillian Barber ALEXANDER was born in Hope Mills,NC. Ruth was born in Jan. of 1900. I hope you can help find out about my grandfather Barber. Thank You, Judith
Return to the Potter County Genealogy Project
(c) Potter County Genealogy Project