SURNAMES: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- BENCE, HAIR, HARE posted by Sharon Neveux on Sunday, January 3, 1999
- My g-g-grandfather Francis BENCE was married to Magdalena HARE, or possibly HAIR in 1834, in Potter County, PA, according to War of 1812 mil. record for Francis. I am looking for more information on them and any other family members, such as sisters,brothers, parents. Magdalena was only 17 so I am thinking her parents must have been around there somewhere.
- ABBOTT, OSTRANDER posted by Scott Orlowski on Sunday, January 3, 1999
- OSTRANDER - ABBOTT Seeking ancestry and relatives to this couple from Coudersport: Flossie Lenore Ostrander b. 19 Mar 1897 Mina, Potter, PA d. 17 May 1984 Coudersport, Potter, PA m. William Baird Abbott b. 15 Aug 1897 Winslow, NJ d. 19 Jan 1977
- CHENDENON, CHEVALIER posted by Geri Pfleuger on Wednesday, January 6, 1999
- Is anyone related to Henry CHEVALIER born in 1801 in Switzerland in Coecelles. Immigrated to Us in 1833 to Ceres Pa. Married Lydia CHENDENON in 1835. Somewhere someone has to be related to these people Thanks
- ROSE, SHUTTS posted by Sheila Shutts on Thursday, January 7, 1999
- Peter SHUTTS b. 26 Aug 1811 New York, lived for twenty years in Potter County PA. I have no idea what town. His wife was Orpha Ann or Martha A. ROSE b. 1815 NY. His son Lewis Ebenezer/Ebenezer Lewis SHUTTS was born in Potter County, 19 Oct 1847. The family removed to Benton County Iowa in the 1850's. Would love to share family info.
- MOORE posted by Howard Moore on Tuesday, January 12, 1999
- Need any information on the family of Clyde Harold MOORE born in Coudersport in 1900.
- DWYER, MORAN, ODONNELL, OHARA posted by Toni on Wednesday, January 20, 1999
- Irish Settlement - I am looking for any info on the Irish Settlement in Potters, Co. Surnames I am seraching are: OHARA, ODONNELL, DWYER, MORAN.
- BRADBURY, BUTLER, CRAMPHIN, DOYLE, HERSON, LENT, MCMANUS, MCNALLY, MCPEEK, MILLER, NYC, WALSH posted by Linda Miller Bellone on Friday, January 22, 1999
- Seeking info on Joseph and Jane BUTLER. They came from New York (Brooklyn or NYC ) abt. 1857 with family. Her Father was Issac CRAMPHIN, Brooklyn NY.Joseph and Jane and son William and his wife Nancy in 1860 census of Potter Co. Looking for any descendants or info. Other surnames I am researching are MCMANUS, MCNALLY, BRADBURY, MCPEEK, LENT, HERSON, WALSH ,DOYLE and MILLER. Thanks Linda Miller Bellone
- BOUCHER, DEER, DONSHEA, EBLING, FRENCH, LUCE posted by Karen Mohr on Friday, January 22, 1999
- FRENCH, DONSHEA, LUCE, DEER, BOUCHER, EBLING. Seeking info on family of John Charles "Jack" FRENCH, Sr. (b abt 1858 Port Allegany, McKean Co., PA, d ?) and wife Effie C. DONSHEA (b 1862 Newark, NJ, d 1930 Blossburg, Tioga Co., PA; bur Buffalo, Erie Co., NY. They were living in Roulette, Potter Co., PA in February of 1926. Children: Helen Margaret FRENCH (1885-1912); James Harvey FRENCH (b 1887 NY, d young); John Charles FRENCH, Jr. (b 1888 NY) m Laura LUCE; Rosemary Willis FRENCH (1889-1946) m Irvin Edward DEER; Robert William FRENCH (1893-1971) m Florence BOUCHER. Known grandchildren are: Helen Marie DEER (1916- 1986) m Raymond Chester EBLING; and James Willis DEER (1917-1992). I'm looking for descendants and would appreciate any clues or contacts. Thanks! Karen Mohr, firstname.lastname@example.org
- COLEGROVE, FELLOWS, HEIMER, INGHAM, LOOMIS, PURPLE, WILCOX posted by Barbara Purple LaViers on Monday, January 25, 1999
- PURPLE,WILCOX,INGHAM, FELLOWS, LOOMIS - I have an extensive listing of PURPLE beginning in CT 1674:Otsego,Chenango ctys NY, Potter,McKean and Tioga ctys,PA Looking for HEIMER and COLEGROVE also. Ansel Purple was first sheriff of Potter County 1835-37. Would like more info on Ansel's family of Elisha, Silas, Martin Van Buren, Mary Elizabeth and Isabelle.
- FRAIR, GUSTIN, HAYNES, TARR posted by Rus Gustin on Tuesday, January 26, 1999
- GUSTIN, FRAIR, HAYNES, TARR .....After posting the following message I had to change my email address..... I am beginning to build my family tree and would appreciate any info on these surnames. If you have tips for a rookie researcher please email me. Thanks! Rus Gustin Rus Gustin
now Shingehouse, Pa USA -
- CARMAN posted by Deborah Liney on Wednesday, January 27, 1999
- CARMAN, looking for info on James Carman who lived in Austin, built the Methodist Church in Costello. His youngest daughter was Hazel CARMAN, who died in Coudersport last June at the age of 101
- BRAMAN, RUSS posted by M.D. Melnyk on Wednesday, January 27, 1999
- BRAMAN, Nelson Sidney and wife Adaline Eliza "Addie" both died in 1923. Looking for maiden name and burial place for Addie and Nelson. Adaline died 29 APR 1923, Nelson died 3 JULY 1923. Living on Main Street in Keating , Potter, PA in the 1910 US Census. Couldn't locate them in 1920 Soundex of PA. Nelson S. was son of Rhoades BRAMAN and Catharine (RUSS) BRAMAN. Any help would be appreciated.
- BRONSON, CARPENTER posted by Brad Burrell on Saturday, January 30, 1999
- CARPENTER, Barber and wife Eleanor (BRONSON). Their daughter Malissa married Peter B. Teater. Need Barber and Eleanor's birth, death and burial dates as well as where they were born. Last record I have for Barber Carpenter is a reference in the 1850 Potter Co. federal census in Bingham Township. Any help appreciated. Brad Burrell
- HARE, HARR posted by Sharon Neveux on Saturday, January 30, 1999
- G-G-Grandmother Magdalena HARE/HARR/? was married to Francis Bence in Potter County 1834. She was only 17 at the time, so I feel she must have had other family there at the time, such as parents and/or siblings. On the census there are 2 David Harr and dates are right to be her father and brother. Other family information states her father was named David. Family immigrated from the Alsace Lorraine region. I have been searching for Hare/Hair, but new census info has added the possibility of Harr spelling. Is there anyone out there who could confirm or deny this connection. Thanks.
Return to the Potter County Genealogy Project
(c) Potter County Genealogy Project