SURNAMES: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- STARKWEATHER posted by Joan Somers on Wednesday, September 10, 1997
- STARKWEATHER -Eugene, b. C1824, d. Bef. June 1870. married Lydia (surname unknown) Both born New State. Listed 1860 Coudersport Census with children, Elsie C1854, Louella C1855, Claude J. C1857, Clarence C1859, Cora C1862, Flora C1863, Pearl C1869. Cora married Edward Hapeman C1877. Children: Claude C1878,Clarence C1881, Elizabeth (Bessie) C1885, Arthur Oct 1888. I have a photo of the four Hapeman children, with their Father, taken by Geo. H. Wood, Photographer, at Towanda, Pa. C1889-1891. Am looking for any descendants of the Starkweather or Hapeman family. Will exchange data. Thank you in advance.
- CARMER, FISH posted by Peggy Ogan on Saturday, September 13, 1997
- CARMER and FISH: Josephine Carmer said to be the daughter of Henry Carmer and Jane Steele married John Fish. Children: Willie b. 1881, Ada Elizabeth b. 1883, Grover Cleveland b. 1886, Mary b. 1889 May have 5th child Ronald. John drowned in tanning vat after suffering seizure, Josephine married Henry Baker ca. 1898, m. 2 years 1900 Census PA. They lived Oswayo. Will, Ada and Mary living with them. Grover had run away from home and came West. John Fish said to be related to Hamilton Fish of NY political family. Does anyone have ANY information on these people. Have been hitting deadends fror years!
- DENNIS, HASKIN posted by Debra Anthony on Sunday, September 14, 1997
- I am looking for any HASKIN Families that are related to Harrison Donald HASKINS and Mary DENNIS. Children were Frederick Eugene, Maude Orabelle, Lottie, Florence, Delbert O., and Clara. The birth and death certificates of the children give Hanson Valley, Potter County, Pennsylvania as the place of birth. Also looking for Kibbee Families of Potter County. Dennis families of Potter County, PA or possibly New York State. Harrison Haskin was the son of Jason Haskins and Sarah Kibby.
- BLANC, BOSEK, HEUSER, JOHN, KOLBECK, THEIL, VONHAGN, VOSS posted by Bonnie Sproul on Wednesday, October 1, 1997
- Seeking researchers or descendants of JOHN HEUSER b. 1818 in Germany m. Marguerithe THEIL d. 1884 in Germania, Potter, PA. Children: Elizabeth, John, Conrad, Kathrine, Christian, Margaret. Other surnames BLANC, BOSEK, KOLBECK, VONHAGN, VOSS, and more. Thanks in advance.
- NELSON, SKILLMAN posted by Dale Nelson on Thursday, October 9, 1997
- Looking for info. on Albert C. NELSON (b 6 Oct 1870-d 4 Feb 1905) Married Mary E. SKILLMAN (b 1881- d 1963) in Coudersport, Potter Co. on 20 June 1897. Albert worked as an accountant in the oil fields and was in poor health. They moved to Rudolph, Oh. when the oil fields opened in Ohio. They had three sons and he died at an early age. My father was only a year old when he died. Dale Nelson
- YOUNGLOVE posted by Grace Younglove Hudson on Sunday, October 12, 1997
- Looking for information on Lloyd LaVan YOUNGLOVE who may have been born in Morris Run near Costello, Potters Co., PA in the year 1898 His parents were thought to have had a farm there. Father was Herbert Younglove. Also looking for information on other YOUNGLOVES who were also in the region, John, Timmothy, and Ezeikel. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
- LOWERY, REED posted by Leita Reed on Wednesday, October 15, 1997
- Looking for any information or leads to my father in law, John REED. Born in Whites Cornors, PA Potter Co. Father was Fred Reed and mother, Madeline LOWERY. B. Dec.6, 1906 and died March 3, 1971 in N. Tonawanda, NY. His family was supposed to have come from the "Black Forest of PA" whereever that is and to have had a maternal Seneca Indian grandmother. His mother died when he was 14. He had a younger brother, name unknown and the family were tenent farmers and probably went back and forth across the PA and NY borders. Any leads appreciated! Leita Reed
- NICHOLS posted by John Mosher on Monday, October 20, 1997
- Looking for info about surname NICHOLS, from Shinglehouse around 1840's. Brother's Edmund & Ruel Nichols, according to family tradition, are some how connected to Shinglehouse. Can anybody shed dome light on this? Thanks
- LANGS, NOLAN posted by Yvonne Burns on Friday, October 24, 1997
- Information on James Henry NOLAN who married Chloe Azuba Nolan (LANGS). Only info I have is their only daughter, Mary Ellen Nolan, born in Roulette on 7/19/1919. James Henry Nolan may have been born in Tinesta, PA. Looking for birth dates, date of marriage, dates of their deaths, etc. Also birthdates of their sons: Lowell Stacey, Hurbert Nelson, Grant Burdette, James Hubert, Milton Derwood, Mary Ellen and Russell Irving. Four other sons died in infantsy, three of whom I know were Wesley, Almond and Percey. Believe babies may be buried in Roulette.
- FRENCH posted by Milton French on Tuesday, October 28, 1997
- Looking for any info. on the sir name of FRENCH. My G. Grandfather,and my Grandfather, were supposed to have come from Potter, Co. and my father from Tioga, Co. They were Walter J. French, Francis John French, and Milton L. French Sr. I am intereated in any info you may have and wouldn't mind sharing.
Return to the Potter County Genealogy Project
(c) Potter County Genealogy Project