SURNAMES: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- BARDWELL posted by Colleen Hendry Smith on Tuesday, March 4, 1997
- BARDWELL - Potter Co. Trying to link the New England, NY, PA BARDWELL families (they are obviously linked by shared unusual first names) to the LA/AR/MS BARDWELL families. BARDWELL has many spellings: Bardwill, Bordwell, Bordwill, Boardwell, Birdwell, Budwell, Boutwell etc.
- TIDD posted by Brenda L. Struthers on Monday, March 10, 1997
- I am searching for any clue or verification of my maternal grandfather's birth. James Seymour TIDD reportedly was b. 26 Jan 1875 in Ulysses, Pa. But I've not been able to find any proof of this. I'm praying that someone out there can give me some help!
- BRONSON, VIRGIL posted by Douglas V. Smith on Monday, March 10, 1997
- Searching for dates and places of death and burial of Ephraim and Bethiah (VIRGIL) BRONSON. She was born about 1756 and supposedly died in Potter Co. in 1847.
- CHAPEL posted by Diane Bollert on Monday, March 10, 1997
- Richard CHAPEL and Lucinda resided in South Bolivar twp, Allegany co, NY. Three of their children: Almina (b1836), Malinda b(1833) and Sally (b1840) were born in Potter Co., near Shinglehouse. Seeking inf. on all CHAPEL families in Potter Co, during the 1800's.
- SHERWOOD posted by Jeanne Peterson on Tuesday, March 11, 1997
- Am interested in getting a copy of the book, "The Story of Andrew Sherwood" which is supposed to be located in the Potter County Genealogical Society in Coudersport, PA. Andrew SHERWOOD was my g.g.g.g.g.grandfather, born in Nottingham, England. His grandson, also Andrew and my g.g.g.grandfather, settled in that area of Pennsylvania. Please let me know if it is available and the price of it. It is not possible for me to travel to Coudersport. Thank you, Jeanne
- SHUFELT posted by Tina Marks on Friday, March 14, 1997
- Seeking information about SHUFELT in Potter Co. I have a grandfather on my tree that was born in abt 1844/45 in Pennsylvania. If anyone has anyinformation please e-mail me. Thank You! Tina email@example.com
- MERRICK posted by Daniel W. Merrick on Monday, March 17, 1997
- My Great Grandfather Daniel MERRICK b.? d.? wife? built the log cabin that stands at the conner turning into lyman run. I have some information up to him and would like any info on Him or those that came before him. I will be posting this info on my web site with the history I collect.
- EVANS, THOMPSON posted by Joanne Bortner on Wednesday, March 19, 1997
- Looking for descendants of Mary (THOMPSON) EVANS and Albert Evans. Very much interested in any info on family history. I am a descendant of Clarrisa (Thompson) Merritt. Please contact me if you have any info. Thank you
- CALLIHAN, HUN, MCVICKER, REDHEAD, SAMPLE posted by Donna McVicker on Friday, March 21, 1997
- Looking for surnames SAMPLE,HUN,CALLIHAN,REDHEAD AND MCVICKER thank you for any help you can give me.
- BALLEY, BALLY, CORWIN, CRANDALL, JOHNSON, PEARSALL, STIVES, VANWORMER, WARNER posted by Alice Henneberry on Monday, March 24, 1997
- I am looking for descendants/others researching my g g g grandfather, Solomon PEARSALL, b 1816-d 1872; son of Samuel and Elizabeth (Pearsall) PEARSALL. Solomon and his wife, Rachel (WARNER) had 14 children: George W., Thenia VANWORMER, Horace F., Rose A. JOHNSON, Celestine, Almon A., Herbert Leroy, Elwin A., Emily STIVES, Edith CORWIN, Flora G. CRANDALL, Frances E. JOHNSON, Mildred BALLY/BALLEY, and an infant. All lived within the area of Shinglehouse/Sharon Center/Honeoye at one time. If someone is doing research on these families, please write to me at 1311 East 41st Street, Erie, PA 16504-2509 USA or send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- KNIGHT, SHERMAN posted by Joseph C. Freeland on Sunday, March 30, 1997
- Eve SHERMAN; born? in 1867 and died in 1930 in Olean, NY. She was married to Abraham D. KNIGHT of Sullivan County. His dates are 1859 and 7 Oct. 1945. I am her great grandson. They resided in Shinglehouse. She also had a sister, Anna, who was married to a Will Ingsley. They are all buried in East Sharon Cemetery. I believe their parents are James E. Sherman and his wife Emily J.; that fact which I am trying to verify. Of course, I would like to know her grandparents, but that's getting ahead of the search.
**** an update from Joe ********************************************
In my above query regarding Eva Sherman's parents, I assumed that they were James and his wife. The true parents are Orson and wife Azuba, family name unknown. Orson's Father and Mother were George W. Sherman and Artemissa (Mix) Sherman. The Mixes have been have been documented for a least 3 generations to Thomas Mix New Haven CT, 1643. **********************************************************************
Joseph C. Freeland West Chester, Pa
- FARLEY, PEARSALL posted by Cindy Disorbo on Monday, March 31, 1997
- Looking for any information on the FARLEY family. Lived in Shinglehouse area in the late 1800's. Seymour Farley married Theresa PEARSALL.
Return to the Potter County Genealogy Project
(c) Potter County Genealogy Project