- COYNE, DOLBY, STONER posted by Nancy Rudolph on Tuesday, February 1, 2000
- Seeking parents and siblings of my gg grandmother, MARY ELIZABETH COYNE DOLBY b. 8 June 1846 in Lancaster to CHRISTIAN DOLBY and CATHERINE AMANDA ZIMMERMAN.
MARY ELIZABETH COYNE DOLBY died in DuBois, PA on 8 June 1926. She had a son WILLIAM STONER DOLBY so I suspect some connection to the STONER surname.
- KILLOUGH, MCCONKEY posted by Dee Minton on Tuesday, February 1, 2000
- Ebenezar Killough b. 1780; d.1852 married Ann "Nancy McConkey Sept.17, 1807. Ebenezar was the son of David and Margaret Stinson Killough.I need to know when Ann McConkey died, and when Ebenezar married the wife, Hannah, mentioned in his will. Also, who was Hannah and when and where was she born? Thanks you.
- CARSON, MAXWELL posted by Josette Maxwell on Tuesday, February 1, 2000
- I'm looking for information on Robert Maxwell d. Aug 6, l752 in Landcaster; will witnessed by Henry Maxwell who married Agnes Carson, resided in Adams County Penn
- ROSE posted by Gerald S. Lenze on Tuesday, February 1, 2000
- Looking for relationship between David and Daniel Rose. They are listed together on Derry Twp tax lists in 1757, 1759, and 1771. Sometimes on Hill Island. Is David Rose/Ross on Duncan's Island in 1767 the same one in the above tax lists?
- SNODGRASS posted by Linda Snodgrass on Tuesday, February 1, 2000
- I am looking for information on William Snodgrass married Anna Cooper, had children George b. 1810 in Lancaster Co., Susan b. 1812 in Lancaster Co., and James b. 1814 Lancaster Co. married Sarah Any information would be appreciated.
- BURGHOLDER, BURKHOLDER posted by Clara Anderson on Tuesday, February 1, 2000
- Magdalena BURGHOLDER,1795-1887, "From Cocalico", married George BERGMAN, 1796-1878, in 1821 in Trinity Lutheran Church, Reading, PA. Where was she born and who were her parents?
- HESS posted by Clara Anderson on Tuesday, February 1, 2000
- Catherine HESS, 1760-1822, "from the Tulpehocken", married Johannes BERGMAN, a Hessian soldier,1749-1834, in 1785, Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, Reading, PA. Where was Catherine Hess born and who were her parents?
- FRY, WARFEL posted by Shirl on Wednesday, February 2, 2000
- Looking for information on my great great grandmother, Elizabeth FRY, born July 5, 1832. Who were her parents and siblings?? She was in Manor Twp. Pa. when she married Adam WARFEL; son of Jacob WARFEL & ?? on July 18, 1854. Elizabeth was Adam's second wife. The had ll children:
Hiram b. 1855 d. 1856
Christianna b. 1857
Ephraim b. 1858
Amos b. 1861
Mary b. 1862 d. 1938
Daniel b. 1864 d. 1950
Jonas b. 1867
Delilah b. 1868
Anna b. 1872
Susan b. 1875
George b. 1878
Elizabeth died July 7, 1899 and is buried in Mt. Bethel Cemetery in Columbia, Pa., Lancaster county. Is there anyone out there that may have a connection to my Elizabeth? Please contact me....Thanks
- HAY posted by Gwenn Williamso on Thursday, February 3, 2000
- Looking for the parents and siblings of Samuel HAY born abt 1760 in Lancaster Co., Pa. It is said that he entered the American Revolution at age about 12 or 13 with his brothers. He served under his brother Colonel(Unknown first name) HAY. He was supposed to be at the Battle Of Bunker Hill and served for the duration of the war. Does any one have any information on this family
- HEFLEY, REITENAUER, RIDENHOUR posted by MaryDoris on Thursday, February 3, 2000
- Looking to piece together info I have on the HEFLEY and REITENAUER families.
Specifically looking for info and parents of Adam Hefley, b. NOV 1774, (poss Lancaster Co PA), m. Mary Magdalena Reitenauer date unknown, poss in NC, d. 1831, poss in NC.
ANY info/history on the HEFLEY and REITENAUER families is welcome.
- KINSEY, PENNINGTON posted by Marilyn Kucera on Thursday, February 3, 2000
- Searching data on Joseph J. Kinsey and wife, Susanna Pennington. They are listed in the 1850 census of Lancaster Co., Leacock Twp. with the following children: Theodore, b. 1836; Howard, b. 1838 and Lydia A., b. 1840. Thank you.
- DILLO, DILLS, GIBSON, HERBERT, MCDILL, WHITEHILL posted by Marilyn Kucera on Thursday, February 3, 2000
- Searching early records of Stewart Herbert, b. ca 1721; died 1778, aged 57 years. Married Sydney McDill. Resided Leacock Twp., Lancaster Co., PA. children named in will: Stewart Herbert Jr.; Daniel Herbert, married Margaret Gibson; Elizabeth Herbert, m. Wm. Whitehill; Moses Herbert; Jane Herbert. Also Stewart Herbert named a sister, Margaret DILLS or DILLO.
- ROBISON posted by Jim Robison on Friday, February 4, 2000
- I am seeking any information regarding: Joseph ROBISON born before 1755 in Pennsylvania. sons
1) James ROBISON born 1785 in Little Britain Twnshp, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
2) Joseph Robsion b. 24/03/1805 in Little Britain. d. 9/12/1891.
married Margaret Hamilton. (one child, Sierene)
James was married in 1814/1815 and had William, Margaret, Susie, Tilday, John and George.
- EMIG, GOODHART, PALM, SCHAFFNER, SCHOFFNER, STOUGH posted by Kathy on Friday, February 4, 2000
- These families lived in the Berks Co./Lancaster Co./Lebanon Co. region as far back as the mid 1700s. Always seeking new info; would be glad to exchange info.
- SHALLENBERGER, SHELLENBARGER, SHELLENBERGER posted by Bob Private on Friday, February 4, 2000
- Delilah SHELLENBERGER was supposedly born in Lancaster Co. on Dec 19, 1819. Can anyone help me confirm this birth date and location? Father's name was ABRAHAM SHELLENBERGER/ Shellenbarger/Shallenberger. Perhaps Lancaster Co. Census records would show Delilah with Abraham's family between 1820 and 1840?
- KNUFFKE posted by Karen Fountain on Friday, February 4, 2000
- I was told that a great uncle of mine was born in Hokendaqua, PA. I don't seem to be able to find that location. Can anyone help?
- LYLE posted by Yvonne on Friday, February 4, 2000
- I am searching for information on Thomas Lyle b.21 Aug. 1800 in Bart Twp. He died near Williamsport 24 March 1864. Married Francis Barr of Quarryville on 10 Nov.1836. They had two children, Margart and Lydia Ann Lyle. Any information would be greatly appriciated.Yvonne
- SHAAK posted by A. Robert Shaak on Friday, February 4, 2000
- Seeking the various SHAAK Families of Lancaster Co.-- Collecting SHAAK data in support of writing a book--I need your help--Will share data. I have over 1500 names thus far. THANKS Bob SHAAK
- HENNING posted by Jane Barr Torre on Saturday, February 5, 2000
- I'm researching the HENNING family. John Jacob Henning and wife "Eliz," are originally found in the Lancaster area of Lancaster Co., PA. Later Jacob lived on a farm in Bethel Township, Lanc. Co. near Williamsburg (now Jonestown, Lebanon Co.). Jacob and Elizabeth had sons Mathias, Jacob, Conrad, Daniel, and three unknowns, also said to be males.
Jacob m. a second time to Anna Maria (Mary) LESH/LOESH and had John, Sophia, Johann Adam, Thomas, and Benjamin. Jacob d. in 1768/69.
I am interested in any and all descendents of John Jacob Henning as I am trying to establish my Jacob Henning of Montgomery Co. > Darke Co. Ohio as a son of Mathias Henning. The known children that I have for Mathias Henning are Barbara, Mary (Polly), George, and David.
Some families connecting to the Henning family are: HOENING, HOENIG, KOHR, SWANK/SCHWENK, WOLFERSBERGER, SHOLLY, SWARTZ, LEFEBRE/LEFEVER, VOGEL, BAIR, STOEVER, and SHADE.
For further information on my search for this Henning family, please see my Henning web page at: http://php.ucs.indiana.edu/~jetorres/henning.html Thanks! --Jane Barr Torres Link: My Search for Descendants of John Jacob Henning
- BARD, LUTHER posted by M Jean Sharbaug on Saturday, February 5, 2000
- BARD family origins?? Elizabeth BARD b 7may 1770 in Lancaster .married Conrad LUTHER 10 dec 1789 moved to Cambria co where she died 1830s.
- HUMPHREYS, NORTH posted by Ron Smith on Saturday, February 5, 2000
- I am looking for info on John HUMPHREYS, b. 1 Apr 1722, Lancaster County, PA - d. Abt. 1798, Washington County, TN. He married Susannah NORTH, b. Abt. 1730, Lancaster County, PA - d. 1821, Washington County, TN. Would appreciate any info and am willing to share what I have on these families.
- DIEFFENBACH, HEINEY posted by Paul Heiney on Saturday, February 5, 2000
- I am interested in information on descendants of Jacob Heiney and Magdalena Dieffenbach, who lived in Pequea, PA around 1800. Link: Heiney/Segletes Geneaological Charts and Family History
- PETERY, PETRY posted by Leanne Toth on Saturday, February 5, 2000
- I am searching for the parents of Henry Petery, b. circa 1800, d. circa 1832. He married Elizabeth Ruth, daughter of Francis and Elizabeth (Dester) Ruth, on 3 Dec 1818. Henry had four known children: Rebecca, who died in 1820; Edward R. Petery, who supposedly has descendants in the Ephrata area; Francis; and my ancestor, Jacob Frantz Petery, b. 1822, d. 1901 Schuylkill Co., PA. I would like to correspond and trade info with anyone researching this family. Thank you.
- GALLEY, SCHWEITZER, SWEITZER, SWITZER posted by Deborah Walsh on Saturday, February 5, 2000
- I have a published book on my Galley family if anyone is searching. I don't think the genealogy is online yet,hopefully it will be soon. The family begins with a Peter Galley from Germany who came over around 1770 to Lancaster, son Philip M.Magdalena Newcomer and moved to Fayette Co and had 11 children. All of those lines are in this book. I am also searching for parents of a Samuel Sweitzer b. 1808-1809 whose parents may have spelled the name Schweitzer. Samuel was first found in Clarion Co. in 1840 but my grandfather said it was told him that we had come from Lancaster at one time. Anyone with information or possible leads please contact me.
- BEUCK, GENT, KANE, KEANE, LONGWELL, MOYAR, READY, SCHLACT posted by Jerry Kane on Sunday, February 6, 2000
- Looking for information on John MOYAR (maternal ancestor) who was a Hessian mercenary during the Revolutionary War. After the war he settled in Lancaster County. My grandfather, William MOYAR was an attorney in Oil City, Pa.
- GOOD, MILLS, STOBER, STOVER posted by Nora Borts on Sunday, February 6, 2000
- Seeking any info on the family of Joseph GOOD who married Mary MILLS. They had a 8 children one of which was Samuel Good who married Julia Ann STOBER/STOVER. Julia Ann was the daughter of Jacob and Maria Stober. Any info on these families would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
- BORDER posted by Rex Border on Sunday, February 6, 2000
- Looking for any information on this surname. My grandfather was Russell Ernest Border who died in Ephrata around 1959. I have found nothing on this side of the family as of yet. Any help is appreciated.
- LEVER, SEAVER, SEEVER posted by Jane Sowards on Monday, February 7, 2000
- Am looking for info on Christian Seaver a cigar maker apprentice in Lancaster before 1840. He moved to Stark Co., Ohio about that time. There is listed in the 1820 census of Earl Twp. a William Lever,but could be Sever. Could there be a connection? Christian married a Lydia Kissinger from the Lancaster area before 1838. Any help greatly appreciated! Please email me.
- BAUMAN posted by Paul Haefner on Monday, February 7, 2000
- Searching for origin of Heinrich Bauman (b 1838, location unknown; d 1869 Lancaster, PA). His wife was Margaret Fischer, dau of Raphael & Maria Anna. Heinrich is buried in ST. Joseph Cemetary.
- BAUMAN, BOWMAN posted by Paul Haefner on Monday, February 7, 2000
- I am always looking for some connection to my Heinrich Bauman (1838 - 1869) died Lancaster, buried ST. Joseph cemetary. His origin (birth, parents, unknown). He married Margaret Fischer in Lancaster in 1866. Any link is worthy of investigation.
- DUNLAP, SPOTTS posted by Jill Klima on Monday, February 7, 2000
- Looking for John Dunlap and Elizabeth Spotts Dunlap and their children: Eli born 1834 Lancaster County Martha born 1837 Lancaster County There may be more children
- REICHARD, REICHERT posted by Marion Wilson on Monday, February 7, 2000
- Researching information and descendants of Christian REICHARD (REICHERT) of Strasburg Twp Lancaster Co PA USA who emigrated to Waterloo County Ontario Canada in 1800
- BETZ, NIKODYM posted by Tina Sherk on Tuesday, February 8, 2000
- I am looking for any family with the Sherks, Nikodym's or Betz's my husband is Jeff Sherk and he has lost his father in a car accident and doesn't have much memory about his relatives a grandfather named george Sherk,uncles Tom and Dick Sherk Tom of Oregon and Dick of California.also anyone with Nikodym out of South Dakota and Betz who came from germany or Holland these are my family.
- COHENOUR, LORENTZ posted by Lise Embley on Tuesday, February 8, 2000
- Looking for other descendants of John and Dorothy LORENTZ COHENOUR, md. 1805, Lancaster Co., PA.
- ECHTERNACH, MUELLER posted by Erica Echternac on Tuesday, February 8, 2000
- Looking for information on the following family:
William Echternach b~1772 in Germany d~1860 in Strasburg, Lancaster County.
He married Barbara Mueller 1801 in Strasburg.
To them were born:
Jacob Echternach 1803-1888 in Strasburg
William Echternach 1806/1889 in Strasburg
Mary Echternach 1814-??
Would also like to hear from anyone researching the Echternach or Echternacht lines.
- CHRIST, CRIST, YOUNG posted by Lorene Fort on Tuesday, February 8, 2000
- Searching for the parents and/or siblings of Lydia CRIST/CHRIST born about 1809 in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania and died in 1860, place unknown. Lydia married to Jacob YOUNG, probably in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. Can anyone help us?
- HENDERSON posted by Lois Osborn on Tuesday, February 8, 2000
- I am searching for any information I can find on a Uriah Henderson Sr from PA. He may have originally been from NC. Around 1850 the family is in Fayette Co. I would appreciate ANYBODY with a Uriah Henderson in their ancestry to contact me.
- MAY posted by Wayne May on Thursday, February 10, 2000
- Looking for John Anderson May born Colonial Pa ABT 1759. Married Guyan Morgan Wythe Co. VA. John died 1841 Zalma, Bollinger Co. MO.
- EICKER posted by Kim McKelvey on Thursday, February 10, 2000
- Looking for info on George Eicker b.1832 Hesse- Cassel Germany. Immigrated c.1850 settled in Silver Spring, PA. Married Mary Becker. Was well known wagon maker. Had 12 children Elizabeth (Burtz), John, Henry (married Hershey), Jacob, Carrie, Laura (Hoover),George Baker, Mary (Floyd), Minnie (Stauffer), Lillie, Lewis, Annie (Bard). Any info on the above will be appreciated. Perhaps someone has history of Silver spring?
- STAUFFER posted by Kim McKelvey on Thursday, February 10, 2000
- Samuel Ronnels Stauffer married Wilhemine (Minnie) Eicker in 1900. Lived on farm in Landisville early on. Both are buried in Silver Spring Cemetary. Would like information on their children. I know of a son James and am sure there are more children.
- WOOLHOUSE posted by Robin on Friday, February 11, 2000
- Looking for parents of a John Woolhouse born 1800 who married Mary Ann Bingley 9.9.1828 at Cathedral Manchester , Lancashire England. He had two sons Richard born 1828? George born 1830, Any information on parents names and birth, marriages etc would be appreciated.
- DURNBAUGH, HIGH posted by Beth Rasmussen on Saturday, February 12, 2000
- I'm seeking two entirely different families from the Lancaster area. One is Jacob High or John High(Hoch) Jacob was born about 1745-1753 and was probably the son of John High(Hoch) They came from Holland but were originally from Germany.
The other family is the Durnbaughs. The were in Lancaster Co since the early 1700s. My ancestor is Jacob married to Barbara Wilds in 1824 in Pa. They then moved to Washington Co, Md. Any help appreciated.
- BROOKMAN, BRUCHMANN posted by Earl Brookman on Saturday, February 12, 2000
- I am searching for information on Valentine Bruchmann (Brookman). He was in the Lancaster Co. area in the mid 1700's. Some records of him in Ephrata in 1761-1785. He could have moved to VA in the early 1800's. Any help would be appreciated.
- LIEBENSTEIN, LIEBERSTEIN, LIEBSTEIN posted by B Miller on Sunday, February 13, 2000
- I am looking for any information on the surnames Liebenstein/Lieberstein/Liebstein. There were Liebensteins living in Lancaster during the 1700's. Any information would be appreciated.
- DEARSTON, DEARSTONE posted by B Miller on Sunday, February 13, 2000
- I am looking for any information on the Christopher and Rachel Dearstone family or any other Dearstones. They would have been living in Lancaster between the 1750's and 1790's. Any information would be appreciated.
- AARON, AARONS, ARON, DEAL, DIEHL, DILL posted by Judith Arnn Knight on Sunday, February 13, 2000
- Looking for parents and sibs of Abraham AARON, Sr. born in Lancaster County about 1731/32.[variations of the spelling are AARONS, ARON, ARONS plus others]. He may have married Judith DILL [spelling variations DEAL, DIEHL, etc] in PA [although this marriage may have occurred in VA where he and family moved about 1771]. Be glad to share any information that I have.
- KEENER posted by Ginger on Sunday, February 13, 2000
- Looking for any info on the family of Henry Franklin Keener, b. 22 Sep 1860 in Lancaster, son of Isaiah Keener, also born PA, unkmown mother. Married 2nd to Annie Edmonds, probably born in Johnstown, PA. Any help greatfully appreciated!
- DEFENDERFER, DIFFENDERFER posted by Rusty Diffender on Sunday, February 13, 2000
- looking for anything on Samuel Defenderfer/Diffenderfer who settled in Edenville around 1824 had four wives that is in question right now.would appericate any and all help.Maybe I could help you in return. Rusty
- MCPHERSON, MILLER, SLAYMAKER posted by Lowell Thomas on Sunday, February 13, 2000
- Looking for information on John and William McPherson. John married Elizabeth Slymaker in May 1778, William married Martha Miller date unknown. They had a sister Mary , married Alexander Russell. Any information would be helpful. Am willing to share my data as well.
- BREWER, MCLINDSAY posted by V. Kessel on Sunday, February 13, 2000
- I have a James McLINDSAY (my only McLINDSAY except my own immediate family) He was living with a Henry R. Brewer family in Franklin County PA in 1850. I have no idea why he was there or who the Brewer family is. I am guessing that he was from Scotland or Ireland. He would have been born in 1835. I also think he is the same James M. Lindsay who was enlisted in the war on 8-5-1862. It says he enlisted at Green castle and he was a miller. He was in the Chambersburg hospital in 9-20-62. He is buried at Lutheran Reform Cem. Fort Laudon, Peters Twp, B-Grave 27. Can you help me?
- CAMPBELL posted by Scott Campbell on Sunday, February 13, 2000
- I am looking for information on my great granddad William Penrose Campbell, b.1858 in Carlisle, PA. d.1942; Married Nellie Johnston (Campbell)in Lancaster, PA in 1879 b.October 9, 1862,d.Feb 20, 1921 Nellie was the daughter of a newspaper editor. Any info appreciated
- TULLY posted by Margaret Warne on Sunday, February 13, 2000
- I am seeking information on Thomas and Margaret TULLY who lived in Lancaster County in 1870..I am looking for information on a Patrick TULLY, who is my father's birth father. Patrick is listed as living in NY City at the time of my father's birth(1900), age 27, and occupation of machinist. My father was placed out on an orphan train in 1903 and did not know his parents name. I have only recently had this information. The mother was Kate Kearns. I would like to find out if there are any living relatives who might know of Patrick or have him on their family tree. Any help or suggestions will be very much appreciated.
- WELCH posted by Robert Welch on Monday, February 14, 2000
- Need parents of William Welch, 1680-1742. He lived in Sadsbury Township in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania.
- BEAR, BEARE posted by Bryan Bradfo on Monday, February 14, 2000
- i am looking for the parents of Jacob Beare/Bear who was born in 1809. He latter moved to Perry Co.,Ohio where he married Mary Strawn. Jacob Beare died in Effingham Co.,Ill.
- KREIDER, MELLINGER posted by Anna D. on Monday, February 14, 2000
- Looking at the index of wills and intestate records, the names I am interested in are supposed to be in book M and the year is 1847, however when I look at the LDS list, book M covers an earlier time period. Can anyone help with this? I have exact book and page numbers from the published index, but want to make sure before I invest in a roll/rolls of film. Thanks, Anna D.
Searching KREIDER and MELLINGER
KREIDER, Christian 1847 book M vol 1 pg 272
KREIDER, Tobias 1847 book M vol 1 page 379
MELLINGER, William Sr. 1847 book M vol 1 page 390
- MCILHANEY, MCILHENNY posted by Rosalee Clark on Monday, February 14, 2000
- Before York co. was York, it was Lancaster. I am looking for McIlhennys in the time frame of the 1740,s. could be spelled McElhennys or McIlhaneys. anyone working on this line please contact me I need help.
- BRANDT posted by Don Dale on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- Seek information on Brandt family living in Hummelstown, PA in the 1750's. Martin Brandt born abt. 1720, married Eve Metzler and had several children, 2nd wife was Catherine Hollinger, widow of David Hollinger. Her daughter married Martin's son, Abraham. Some of Martin's children were Adam, Martin, Ludwig, Jacob, Abraham, Catherine, and Elizabeth. Martin and his two wives are burried in Hummelstown. Any information will be appreciated.
- WERTZ posted by Keith Perago on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- Searching for information on the Henry Wertz family of Manor Twp/Washingto Boro; any information is appreciated. He had several children, one of whom I believe was Benjamin.
- ADAIR, BENNETT, PADGETT posted by Sharon Causer on Wednesday, February 16, 2000
- I am looking for further information on a Nathaniel H. Padget in hopes it will lead me to Joseph Bennett's mother. Joseph (b 1823) married Nancy Adair (b 13 Mar 1828). Joseph and Nancy were married, 27 Dec 1852 in Salisbury Twp, Lancaster Co. Below are Joseph�s words.
In a Civil War deposition Joseph Bennett states, " I was born in Salem County, New Jersey. My mother died in Salem County, New Jersey of Small Pox, and my father took me to Philadelphia and placed me with my Uncle-on my mothers side- Nathaniel H. Padget, and I lived there until age 10. I have never seen or heard a word from my father again."
" Nathaniel H. Padget, moved then to Sadsbury Township, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania.
Uncle Padget then found me a home with a Dutch farmer, Jacob Burkey in Sadsbury Township.
- ANDERSON posted by Bob Anderson on Wednesday, February 16, 2000
- Looking for more information on William Anderson Sr., born circa 1752 in Leacock Township, died 1832 Chapman Township(Snyder Co.) Married Margaret or Rebecca abt 1772. Served in Lancaster Co. militia. Sons William and John also born in Lancaster Co.
- FRISBY posted by Diana on Wednesday, February 16, 2000
- Sarah FRISBY b. 1815, Lancaster, Lancaster Co, Pa. Married Israel LINSCOTT b.1815, Athens Co, Ohio. Any more information on Sarah FRISBY & her family would be appreciated. Thanks
- FRITTS, FRITZ, HARNER, HORNER posted by Lucie Fritz on Thursday, February 17, 2000
- Would you have any information on children born in Lancaster Co. Pa. to Valentine Fritz b.1757 Berkeley Co. WVa(Rev War soldier) and his wife Catherine Horner of Lancaster Co? Children: 1: Michael b. ca. 1780 2.Catherine, 3. Henry 4. John Martin 5. daughter 6 maybe one more daughter. Other questions: Who were Catherine's parents, Did Valentine also have relatives in Lancaster Co. What Twp did they live in? what are the birthdates of the children? What church did they attend?
- ANDERSON posted by Leslie Garrett on Thursday, February 17, 2000
- Looking for parents of Thomas Anderson born abt. 1773 in PA we think Lancaster Co. Thomas moved to Shelby or Henry County KY he married Sarah Katherine McCarty in 1799. Their children included: William, John, Nancy, James, Eri, Mary, Margaret and Thomas Kindrick Anderson. Any help would be GREATLY Appreciated
- LANEY posted by Paula Snellgrove on Friday, February 18, 2000
- I am looking for information on an eighth generation ancestor, Titus Laney. Titus Laney and his family arrived at the port of Philadelphia from Cork County,Ireland in 1732. He lived on a land grant in Lancaster County, Pa., for nine years. His wife's name was Hannah. If anyone can provide any information about his arrival or life please contact me.
- BICKEL, PICKEL posted by Karen Venable on Saturday, February 19, 2000
- Georg Felte PICKEL arrived in this country aboard the ship Mary in 1732. To the best of my knowledge he had one known son: Heinrich or Henry. This man had a son, Christian, born in 1745. Christian sold land in Pendleton Co WV in 1791 and apparently went south to Georgia and then into Tennessee. I'm searching for more information about these people.
- SLAYMAKER posted by Greg Poynor on Saturday, February 19, 2000
- Looking for information about the descendants Samuel Slaymaker who was born about 1846 in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. He married Flora L. Hobbs in 7 February 1893. They lived in Douglas, Converse County, Wyoming after marriage. Mr. Slaymaker may have had a wife previous to Ms. Hobbs. They had at least three children (William, Katherine and Norma) who have lived in Wyoming and Colorado.
Also researching the Herwick and Poynor families.
- HUTCHINSON, HUTCHISON posted by Fred Hutchinson on Saturday, February 19, 2000
- Searching for info on PA links of family group of John & Margaret Hutchison; sons John, George, William; daughters Jennet, Frances; who emigrated from Ulster to Philadelphia to Augusta County, VA; were on property rolls in VA by 1738.
- HADABOUGH, HATITBAUGH, HATTABAUGH, HATTENBA, HEDEBAUGH posted by Janice on Saturday, February 19, 2000
- Seeking info on George Hedebaugh (or variation) born c1758 and married Mary Koiner/Keinadt c1785. She was daughter of Michael Koiner and Margaret Diller and was born c1762. Also seeking info on German immigrants Johan George Hattenbach and Hans Michael Hattenbach who arrived in Philadelphia 1752. They appear in Philadelphia census 1752. A John and Henry Hatitbaugh appear in 1800 census of Bart Twn who may be sons or grandsons of the two immigrants. Any help would be appreciated.
- FOLTZ posted by Richard Foltz on Saturday, February 19, 2000
- Looking for any info for a Chester or Abraham Foltz born in Churchtown near the end of 1880 or 1890. He was my fathers father, I am trying to update our family tree any information would be helpful.
- BRENEMAN, HERSHEY, KAUFFMAN, YOUNG posted by Al Young on Saturday, February 19, 2000
- looking for info john young b2-10-1805 d3-10-1880.married catharine breneman on6-10-1828 b1-22-1804 d 7-7-1841. they had anne b8-9-1832 d age63?,abraham b9-23-1834 d ?,elizabeth b10-18-1836 d4-16-1841,john b5-12-1839 d age 76?,& catharine b3-18-1841 d?.after catharine's death ( first wife) john married susanna kauffman on3-8-1842 b1-26-1813 d9-13-1877. they had susanna b4-1-1843 d?,amos k. b11-27-1844 in lancaster co,pa. d8-3-1903 in girard,il.,mary b9-10-1846 d?,lavina b12-9-1848d10-10-1862,henry k.b9-24-1851 in milton grove,pa. d3-7-1918 girard,il., hiram b12-31-1855 d1-29-1862, & ares b11-4-1859. henry k young married susan hershey b3-19-1860 in mt.joy,pa. d1-30-1939 girard,il. henry & susan had 13 children. frank b b9-23-1872 mt.joy,pa d2-12-1943moscow mills,mo,emma(roberts) b6-1877 mt.joy,pa.d 10-17-1965 muscatine,iowa,all the rest were born in girard,il.sadie(gates)b4-19-1880 d? virden,il.,john b12-25-1882 d11-29-1927 st.louis,mo.,mammie(corder)b3-25-1884 d girard,il age?,bertha(collins)b2-18-1886d ?long beach,ca.,orah(massie)b4-12-1888d?,herbert b1-27-1891d?,clayton b12-14-1893d?,quay b5-23-1895 b4-16-1962 st.petersburg,fl.,russell r. b6-30-1897d9-25-1975 girard,il.,eunice marie 7-13-1900 d? ,reed louis b9-12-1902d10-4-1994 st.loius,mo. any help would be appreciated!
- GOCKLEY posted by Bill Waddell on Saturday, February 19, 2000
- Looking for information on John Gockley (1718-1796) and his descendents. Married to Magdalena Eberly. Father, Sebastian Gockley (Jaquelin).
- SCHMUTZ, SMOOTS, SMOOTZ, SMUTZ posted by Charles Ssmoots on Sunday, February 20, 2000
- Abraham Schmutz and wife, Barabra settled in Lebanon Twps, Lancaster County in 1744 after landing in Philadelphia in 1742. They had nine children. Two of their sons, Mathias and Abraham, moved to the Shenandoah Valley, VA shortly after the Revolution, and settled at Pugh's Run and Tom's Brook, respectively. Abraham and Barbara, were buried in the Smutz Farm plot, outside of Lebanon, which is now a housing development. Would appreciate any information on this family.
- GERRINGER, HAAS, HASS, HESS, HESSIN posted by Lanthia Gerring on Sunday, February 20, 2000
- According to a German Newspaper published in 1759 "ANNA NARGARETHA HESSIN, who was in the service of James Wilson, Lancaster County, was seeking information about her sister DOROTHEA who married SEBASTIAN GERRINGER; her brothers HENRICH HESS and JOHANNES HESS and her sister ANNA HESSIN. (The IN denotes female in German.) The two brothers were on the same ship HALIFAX that brought SEBASTIAN and NICHOLAS GERRINGER to the Port of Philadelphia in 1754. Seeking inf about HESS. May be spelled HAAS or HASS.
- LUCAS posted by Doris Rizza on Monday, February 21, 2000
- Looking for any information on Daniel Lucas married by Stover 1751, son Philip born 1755 Need information about theses people
- ARNER, AUNER, BROWN, KIBE, LECHNER, LOTZ, ORNER posted by Debbie Dilks Or on Monday, February 21, 2000
- Hello! I am looking for any ORNER'S, AUNER'S, ARNER'S One family ?John? & his wife Dolly UNKNOWN ORNER, their known children, John born about 1800-02 married lydia LECHNER, William Robert m. Matilda BROWN, Elizabeth born about 1810, married Jacob LOTZ, Zachariah 1813 - June 23, 1872, married Mary UNKNOWN, and Catherine, who married Henry KIBE. An article states that a grandfather was native of Lancaster County, PA. They then moved into Huntington County, PA and into Mifflin County, PA. Any and all data would be much appreciated. I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. I don't check this site but a few times a month. Thanking all in advance Debbie Orner
- CAMPBELL, CRAMER, DRUMM, GAINER posted by Daphne Myers on Monday, February 21, 2000
- My ancestors are from Martic Township, Lancaster County, PA. Adam Drumm came from Scotland in the mid 1700s to Virginia. His son, George, came to Lancaster County and married Mary Cramer. Their daughter, Mary, married John Campbell. Their son, John, married Sarah Elizabeth Gainer. One of their daughters, Minnie, was my grandmother. I have lots more information on my family along with birth dates, death dates, marriage dates, etc...If anyone is familiar with this family line, please contact me.
- HASSENFLUGE, TOWERS posted by Bruce Towers on Tuesday, February 22, 2000
- HASSENFLUGE - (Assumed to be the correct spelling) I am searching for information on a Jeannette Hassenfluge, supposedly from Lancaster or Lancaster County. She married a Robert E. TOWERS (date and place unknown) and died in Phoenix, Arizona in the mid 1960's. The only other clue I have concerning Jeannette, is that her father was supposed to be a physician. ANY help would be appreciated.
- REIFF posted by Don Gutshall on Tuesday, February 22, 2000
- Looking for any info. for my Grandmothers side of the Family. Her name was Mollie M. Reiff, married Abram K. Denlinger, 1905 in Lancaster, PA. Had one child (My Mother) Esther Denlinger.
- SEITZ, SIDES posted by Eugene Sides on Tuesday, February 22, 2000
- I am looking for information concerning the family named SIDES or the Germanic form, SEITZ who lived in Manheim, Lancaster County, Pa in the late l870's. My great grandfather was John Galen Sides...who died in Manheim, Lancaster County, Pa in l950's. Entire family once lived in Maheim.. John Galen Sides, sons, Paul Franklin Sides, Richard Sides, and daughter Mary Sides later married as Rosenberg in Manheim. Thank you
- KRICK, REESER, SHOOP, STORK, ZIEMER posted by Carol Banducci on Wednesday, February 23, 2000
- Does anyone happen to have a book about the History of Adamstown? If you do and are willing to look up some names please contact me at email@example.com The surnames I am interested are all spelings of the following names: ZIEMER/STORK/KRICK/SHOOP/REESER and many other local families. I would be happy to pay for copies and postage. Thank you in advance for your help.
- BEAM posted by Harlan Heyden on Thursday, February 24, 2000
- Jacob Beam born in PA. abt 1790 and married Margaret Hornbaker abt 1823 in PA.Childen born in PA were: David Beam b 1824,& Elizabeth Beam b 1827 Next 8 children born in Ashland Co. OH. John b 1829: Elma b 1832: Jacob b 1832: Peter b 1834: Daniel b. 1835: Margaret b Feb 18, 1839: Jacob Beams first wife died. He married 2nd time to: Elizabeth Gongwer (Gongover) Children born: Hannah b 1847: Michael b Jan 4, 1849. SEARCHING for JACOB BEAM's parents, and any siblings.
- MCCONOMY posted by Lucy Russell on Thursday, February 24, 2000
- I have information to share about the family of Peter McConomy (1804-1877), a shoemaker/businessman who was prominent in the Lancaster community in his day. His wife was Rebecca Rudisill (1806-1893)and they had a large family. They belonged to St. Mary's Catholic church and are buried in the church's graveyard.
- GILLESPIE posted by Lucy Russell on Thursday, February 24, 2000
- I have information to share about the family of Charles Gillespie (1792-1882), an Irish immigrant who became a prominent citizen of Lancaster, PA. He was active in the community and a member of St. Mary's Catholic church. His wife was Anna Maria Scravendyke
- SHEPP posted by Blake Stough on Thursday, February 24, 2000
- Seeking informatin on William SHEPP, son of Adam and Sarah SCHNEIDMAN SHEPP. William was born 8/1833 and died after 1900. William was born in York County but moved to Lancaster County.
William married Lucinda Little and had a son William, who was born after 1870 and died after 1916. He was in Lancaster in 1916. William II married Catherine ? and had a daughter.
Any help is appreciated.
- LEIBY, LIBY posted by Jo Ann Herbst on Friday, February 25, 2000
- I am looking for information regarding Martha E. Liby/Leiby born in Lancaster, Pennsylvania January 4, 1834. Her father was John, born in PA February 3, 1806 and her mother was Lydia Sowers born March 2, 1811 in Lancaster. Any additional information on these people would be greatly appreceated. Thank you.
- KERR posted by Roger Kerr on Friday, February 25, 2000
- Looking for anything on the kerrs in Derry Township, or Lancaster Co.
- KERR posted by Roger Kerr on Friday, February 25, 2000
- Looking for anything on the kerrs in Derry Township, or Lancaster Co.
- EBERLY, WORK, WORKS posted by Ron Eberly on Friday, February 25, 2000
- David B. Eberly b: Oct 7, 1815 Strasburg Borough, Lanc Co m: Mary (Last name was WORK or WORKS???) on Jan 25, 1838. Mary b: Aug 9, 1817 in Strasburg Borough, Lanc Co. What was Mary's last name? Who were her parents?
- MURRAY, SAURER posted by Donna Allen on Friday, February 25, 2000
- John Murray married Catherine Saurer, Jr. late 1700s. They eventually moved to Fayette County and lived there from 1799 until they died. Catherine was supposed to be from Philly. Cannot find anything on either prio to 1799. Have plenty of info to share after 1800.
- PETRE posted by Jerry Petrie on Friday, February 25, 2000
- I am searching for information on the Petre's that lived in Lancaster county in the 1800's. A George Petre and I think his son a John Petre.
- CAYWOOD, WILLIAMS posted by Jennifer Rader on Saturday, February 26, 2000
- Seeking family of Tamar Caywood, b 1747 in England, md abt 1774 to Benjamin Williams, who was b 1753 in Wales. Children include Sarah, John, Jesse, Levi, Mary, Benjamin and Eli.
- CAMPBELL posted by Michelle Campbe on Saturday, February 26, 2000
- Do you know John Campbell's parents names? Could they be John Campbell of Scotland s/o Lord Duncan Campbell and Mary McCoy and Grace Hay d/o Peter Hay and Catherine Gillis?
- CAMPBELLS posted by Michelle Campbe on Saturday, February 26, 2000
- I'm searching for the ship information and port of exit in Ireland for John Campbell b 11/16/1674, Letterkenny, Scotland d 2/171773 Lancaster, PA m Grace Hay d/o Peter Hay and Catherine Gillis. Siblings include Robert, Dougal, James and Patrick. James was a Jacobite banished to AMerica on the Ship Scripto in 1716. John had a son Patrick born 1696 in Ireland d 1777 in August County VA., Sons Robert and Dougal went to St. Marks Parish in Orange Co 1732-1741. Son David, daughters Margaret, Elizabeth and Mary are unknown. Any information obainable on John or John's son Patrick is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
- REIN, SOSEY, SOUCI posted by Mary M. Titlow on Sunday, February 27, 2000
- Searching for information on Abraham Sosey (Souci). Abraham married Catherine Rein 12 June 1793 in Lancaster, Pa. They moved to Franklin Co. Pa. sometime before 1798. Their children were, Margaret, John, Abraham, Jacob and Elizabeth. I am interested in information on anyone with the name Sosey.
- REAM, SCHAEFFER, SHAEFER posted by Jane T. Bishop on Sunday, February 27, 2000
- I am interested in learning the parents of Abraham and Isaac Schaeffer who moved from Lancaster County to Fairfield County, Ohio around 1798. Abraham and Isaac married Ream sisters, the daughters of Abraham and Rosina Ream. Their names were Maria Barbara and Julia.
- MARTIN, VICKERS posted by Karen on Sunday, February 27, 2000
- I am searching for information about a Robert Shipley MARTIN b. 1765 d. 1855 and his wife, Rebecca VICKERS b. 1769 d. 1847. I am not sure whether or not they were born in Lancaster County, but I am giving it a shot. Does anyone know these folks?
- IMHOFF posted by Jim Ayers on Sunday, February 27, 2000
- Looking for info on my gggg-grandfather John IMHOFF. Believe John was born in Lancaster County, the son of Charles IMHOFF. Unfortunately, there were two John's each born to a different Charles Imhoff near the same time: John b. 8/29/1796 to Charles Imhoff and Magdaline "Polly" Huffnagel; and John b. 5/26/2795 to Charles Imhoff and Sarah Jenkins. Would appreciate any information on either of these families that might help me decipher which is the correct John. Thanks very much.
- BORDER, WEAVER posted by Rex Border on Sunday, February 27, 2000
- I'm looking for my aunt Barbara WEAVER who was born Barbara border. Daughter of Russell Edward Border. She lives in Ephrata and is married to a Weaver of chicken fame.
- GERLACH, RILEY, STAPF posted by Jackie Axe on Tuesday, February 29, 2000
- looking for any information on john nicholas stapf.his wifes name was margaret. they came to u.s.from bavaria around 1860. lived in lanc. co.
looking on information on elmer elsworth gerlach.would like to know who his parents were. he was born in 1869 in lanc. pa.he was married to angelina (annie) stapf, daughter of john & margaret stapf.
also looking for parents of john riley born 1802
- SHIEB, SHIEP, SHIPE posted by Thomas Shipe on Tuesday, February 29, 2000
- I am interested in information about the John Shipe, Sr. Family (aka Johannes Shieb, Scheib, Shiep)b ABT 1748 PA d ABT 1832 in Mt. Pleasant Tshp, Westmoreland Co., PA. Wife; Catarine: Children: Catharine (m Benjamine Clare), John H., Henry, Mathias (all b in Lancaster Co.), Abraham, Mary Emily (m David Furry), Susanna, Isaac, and Margaret (m David Clare). The Shipe Family resided in Lancaster County from the 1760s to about 1802.They later moved to Mt. Pleasant Tshp., Westmoreland Co., PA
- STUMP posted by Bill Hawk on Tuesday, February 29, 2000
- Seeking information re Abraham STUMP who was naturalized on or about 24 Aug 1765 in Heidelburg Twp. Lanc. Co. He is listed as having "affirmed" as one who had scruples against swearing an oath. Can anyone connect him with the family of Abraham STUMP who lived in Letterkenny Twp., Franklin Co. PA?
Will of Abraham Stump (1730-1798) proved 18 Jan 1798 in Franklin Co. mentions children Michael (first born), Frederick, John, Catharine, Elizabeth, Christiana and Anna Mariah, wife of Berhardt Meyer, grandchildren Mariah and John Meyer. Witnesses are Philip Keysor and Peter Besour.
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Lancaster County Genealogy Project
(c) Lancaster County Genealogy Project