- GIBSON posted by C.A.Gibson on Friday, September 1, 2000
- Looking for more info on Daniel Gibson, born 1843, Penn. He served in Civil War, his company was recruited from Jefferson County. He later worked for railroad. He married Augusta (Peters?) and had two sons, Charles, 1865, and Harry Arthur, 1867.
- BELNAP, TRAVIS posted by Mary Jane Martin on Sunday, September 3, 2000
- I am looking for information on Harry Belnap and Susan Travis of Reynoldsville, Pa. Jefferson Co. Harry Belnaps family owned a large hotel in Reynoldsville in the 1800's. Susan Travis was the daughter of William Bash Travis and Mary Jane Cumminskey Travis orig. from Armstrong Co. moving to Jefferson Co. Reynoldsville, Pa.
- OLSON posted by Mary Jane Martin on Sunday, September 3, 2000
- I am looking for information on my grandfather Warren Craig Olson. Warren married Sarah Smith from Mayport area, moved to Summerville, raised a large family, 10 children.
- MOORE, ROGERS, THOMPSON, WANTZ posted by Judith Heald on Monday, September 4, 2000
- Peter THOMPSON (1812-1897) was born in Centre County and died in Elk County. Spent much of his life in Clearfield and Jefferson Counties. His first marriage was to Sarah F. KYLER in 1836 (no children). Second to Eliza DIXON or DICKSON in 1842 (one child, Prochorus Milo THOMPSON (1843-1926). Third marriage to Hannah ROGERS in 1846. Children of third marriage born between 1848 and 1868 were: Mary Elvira, Herbert, Eugene Alvin (married Minnie FRANTZ of Ridgeway), Gilbert, Simon, Jane, Eliza, Reuben, Ida, Ada, George, Manfred, and Mervin.
My g-grandparents are Prochorus Milo THOMPSON and Martha Jane MOORE.
Peter THOMPSON's parents are Robert THOMPSON and Catherine WANTZ.
- BROCIUS, BROSIUS posted by Frank Brosius on Tuesday, September 5, 2000
- Searching for info on the John Brocius family..lived near old clay mine in Summerville. Some of the children..John, Ira, Paul, Gerald Arguyle, Kurt, Margaret, Jesse, Daisey. The elder patriarch was Lawrence Lee Brocius who was a blacksmith and buggy maker in Brookville. Thanks
- BENNINGER posted by Joanne Collins on Tuesday, September 5, 2000
- Looking for relatives of William and Catherine Benninger, daughter Mary Lotetta (born Oct. 3, 1883-Died Oct. 25, 1925 in Mr. Jewitt). Lived near Emericville and Brookville
- CARRIER posted by Linda Carrier on Thursday, September 7, 2000
- I would like to find the information linking my family back to the Carrier clan. My father is Lewis Lee Carrier Born in Brookville, November 2,1931 his parents were Pauline Vera (nee Buffington) and Lewis Foote(Frank)Carrier. I know my great grandfather's name was Bertrum(Middle either Lewis or Foote)Carrier. before that is lost in our family tree. If anyone could please help fill in the gaps it would be greatly appriciated. Thanks in advance!
- KECK, KLECK, KLEPFER posted by Cathy on Saturday, September 9, 2000
- i have been searching in Clarion County for the Klepfer name, but there may be connections to Jefferson County. The Klepfers were Levi, b.abt. 1802-06, His wife Catherine, Children, Reuben,b.1830-32, died June 1898, Isreal, b.1833, Solomon b.1837, died 1898 Catherine, b.ab. 1829, Elizabeth, b.1840, Elias, b.1834, Mary Ann, b.1845. This family lived in Red Bank Township in Clarion. Any info would be appreciated
- FRITZ, LINDEMUTH, PROTT, SMITH, SNYDER posted by Waive Snyder Crose on Monday, September 11, 2000
- Looking for information on John SNYDER b.1823 d.1871 m.Mary LEVIS b.1825 d.1901 are buried in St.Mary's Cemetary in Brookville.They had the following children:
Frank W. m. Margaret Prott
Edward m. Cora LINDEMUTH MANNERS
John m. ? had 2 daughters one was Myrtle she was the state nurse of Brookville
Clementine m. Henry FRITZ
Caroline m. Matthew SMITH
- MILLER, PAINTER posted by Brenda Foley on Tuesday, September 12, 2000
- Since I posted my last query, I have found a little more information. Gertrude E. Miller and John Painter were my ggrandparents. They had 3 sons, 2 of which I know were born in Sykesville in the Winslow Twnshp. of Jefferson County.
1. Thomas Francis b. July 29, 1890 or 1896
2. Crist Daniel b. May 13, 1892
3. Earl Lester (I have no dob or location for him. Does this ring a bell with anyone? Thank you.
- CARBERRY, KIRKMAN posted by Michelle Crillo on Friday, September 15, 2000
- I am searching for any information on an Elizabeth Kirkman ok Kirkman, PA. She was the wife of John Carberry. Probably born in the mid-1800's.
- MORRISON, WELSH posted by Roy Miers on Sunday, September 17, 2000
- William White Morrison and his son William James Morrison doth died and are buried at Beechwoods Cemt. in Jefferson co. Would like a copy of their obits. The father died in 1894, June 28th, the son on Feb. 5, 1908. The daughter, of William White Morrison was Jane who married John S. Welsh and moved to Kansas, where she was living at the time of her Father's and brother's passing. Would like to exchange information. Thanks
- VOLK posted by Debbie on Thursday, September 21, 2000
- Looking for my grandfather's family. It is believed he lived in PA or NJ. SAMUEL EDWARD VOLK was born 9/7/1866. Any help would be very much appreciated. Debbie
- STEWART posted by Vern DeLong on Thursday, September 21, 2000
- Hi my dad gave me a picture of my great(4times) grandfather dressed in his civil war uniform (zouaves I'm told he was killed at gettysburg) My dad cant remember and I would like to know his name. All i do know is that his grand daughter is my great grandmother her name is tess stewart she was born 28 june 1892 died aug 1970 in johnsonburg she had a brother named fred b 5may1902 d aug1988 and I believe a sister named dee who lived in punxy. Also my dad was born aug 3 1938 in eather brookvile or punxy he was addopted by vern and livina DeLong of Johnsonburg. When you look at the picture of my grandfather you can see some physical trates that my two other brothers have and I'm convinced that this addoption was keep in the famly and now I need to know if I have more family in the area. Hope someone can help. THANK YOU
- BLOSE, JEWART, NEAL posted by Toni Hess on Sunday, September 24, 2000
- Looking for info on Hugh Kearney Neal and 1st wife Annabelle Blose and thier son Guy, my ggfather. All buried White Church Cem, Hamilton, PA
- AULENBACH posted by Jennifer Carr on Tuesday, September 26, 2000
- Would like to correspond with researchers of the Jefferson County Pa AULENBACH
- REED posted by Donna Dietrick on Tuesday, September 26, 2000
- Searching for ties to Levi M. Reed. His wife's name was Elizabeth (no last name). He had a son named Clarence, who was my g-grandfather. They were both listed as being born in Bradford. There is a Levi Reed on the 1900 Eldred census who could possibly be another of Levi M's sons. Can anybody help me out?
- CABLE posted by Gary Cable on Tuesday, September 26, 2000
- Any one with information on a family last name Cable, sons names Byrum, Clarence, Arnold,Morry.
- NELSON, SHAFFER posted by Lori (Shaffer) Hiner on Wednesday, September 27, 2000
- I am looking for anyone searching this line that lived in Punxsatawny or Horatio area: John Theodore Shaffer born June 16, 1863 married Sophia Mathilda "Tillie" Nelson they came from Clearfield County had 10 children and evenually ended up in Johnstown, Cambria County. No known siblings. Father Gustave Shaffer. Came to America from Germany in the early part of the 1860's after John was born. Tillie came here from Sweden.
- AGNEW, BUZARD posted by Edw Reighard on Wednesday, September 27, 2000
- Like to contact descendents of James Buzard and John Agnew. They both lived in Jefferson county during the early history of Jefferson County
- RICHARDS, RODGERS posted by Bill Rodgers on Thursday, September 28, 2000
- I am looking for information on the children of James Rodgers and Mary Richards. I have enclosed the obit for James who died 7/1/1928. Any info on the names of the children or Mary Richards would be appreciated. You can contact me at email@example.com
July 1, 1928 JAMES RODGERS DIES OF INJURIES RECEIVED IN BLAIRSVILLE PLANT
Former Punxs�y Resident Died at 8 O�clock Last Night in Hospital
LIVED HERE UNTIL 2 YEARS AGO
James Rodgers, a resident of this city practically his entire life, died at 8 o�clock last evening in the Indiana Hospital of injuries received about 4 o�clock Monday afternoon in the foundry of the Connemaugh Iron Company at Blairsville.
While working at a considerable height in the foundry Mr. Rodgers fell and sustained a badly fractured skull. He was rushed to the Indiana hospital where death came four hours later.
Mr. Rodgers, who was about 44 years of age, was born and reared in this vicinity. He was employed for a considerable period by C. B. Gleckler in the old Rathskiller restaurant and later by David Chambers. More recently he had driven a dray about the city. Two years ago he went to Blairsville and during that time had been employed by the Connemaugh Iron Company.
He leaves his widow, who was formerly Miss Mary Richards, of Sportsburg, and five children. The following brothers and sisters also survive: Joseph, and Mrs. C. A. Baker, of this city; Mrs. Ursa Whitaker, of Lowellsvile, Ohio; Thomas, George and Walter, of Youngstown, Ohio, and Mrs. R. E. Stiver, of Pittsburgh.
Funeral arrangement have not been completed.
- BREFFITT posted by Noelle Oke on Thursday, September 28, 2000
- Searching for Robert Breffitt who married Eliza Mrs Breffitt (?) about 1865 at Brookville, Jefferson, Pennsylvania. This marriage is listed on the I.G.I. If he is my relative he would have been born in Cotgrave, Nottingham, England and be about 44 years of age at the time. OR it could be his father Robert snr, who would be in his sixties, also born in England but I am unsure of his birth place. Robert snr. was a soldier who disappeared before the 1841 U.K. census. He could have been posted to America and never returned, Just a guess but worth a try.
- ROSS, THOMPSON posted by Claudia Ross on Friday, September 29, 2000
- John W. Thompson family in Cross Creek Twp. emigrated County Tyrone, Ireland around 1802. Son John Thompson + Mariah Ross. Interested in all relations.
- GRAHAM posted by Dixie Deaton on Friday, September 29, 2000
- Has anyone ever come across the obit for Joseph Barnett Graham who died in 1910. I have been trying to find a copy to see if certain information I have been researching might be in it.
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Jefferson County Genealogy Project
(c) Jefferson County Genealogy Project