- ARMSTRONG posted by Pamela Vannoy-Tharp on Sunday, April 2, 2000
- ARMSTRONG Robert - was my great great grandfather, his son was Charles who married Maude Davis. Charles died in Ohio in 1943. Charles' daughter was my grandmother - Cenith Armstrong - born in Jefferson Co. in 1910. I'm searching any info about this family. I have no dates for Robert or his wife Rosie. Also have no dates for Charles' other children Rex, Tracy, Oma, and Irene.
Is anyone still around who knew of this family, or anyone willing to find something on this family for me?
Also what county is Munderf in? My great grandmother Maude Davis (who married) Charles - was born in Munderf.
- CHRISTIE, HUGHES, MILLS, ORCUTT posted by Twila Smith on Sunday, April 2, 2000
- The publishing of the early marriage records for Jefferson county is Great...Thanks for all of that work.. I am related to all of Christie marriages and would like to hear from anyone interested in them. The marriage record for Levi Dodd and Priscilla CHRISTIE (dau.) lists her parents as John and Priscilla Christie. I know that the parents of Priscilla Christie (dau.) are John Christie and his wife Priscilla HUGHES. The marriage record listed is NOT for John Miller it is for John MILLS who married Maria Hughes. John MILLS is the son of Isaac MILLS and Mary ARTHURS-my ancestors.Isaac Mills had an early shop on east Main St. in Brookville where he was a gunsmith. He was later a farmer in Union Twp. After his death Mary Arthurs Mills married David ORCUTT. I have additional Orcutt information.
- DEVINNEY posted by Gwen Sutton on Tuesday, April 4, 2000
- I am searching for information on my mother. My mother was born in Brookville, PA around 1920. Her mother passed away from complications while giving birth to my mother. Her father was a shoemaker and had 4 or 5 older children. Because his wife passed away during the birth he could not raise my mother. My mothers name was Margaret, I am not sure if that was her name at birth. My mothers birth father gave my mother to Harry & Viola DeVinney to raise her (there was no adoption case, just a hand shake). My mother never knew that Harry & Viola was not her birth parents until she was the age of 55 when she was trying to find a birth certificate. At that time Harry & Viola had already passed away. By contacting other members of my mothers family she did find out her birth story but never found her birth parents. My mother passed away three years ago at the age of 77 so her birth siblings should be older than that.
- HOFFMAN posted by Kim Corey on Wednesday, April 5, 2000
- I am looking for any information I can find on James K.Hoffman.He came to Jefferson County in 1830.He was elected coroner in 1836 and was a supervisor several times.He married Barbara (Mercer) in 1826.I would like to find some information on his jobs he did for the county.Like the Supervisor and coroner.Maybe some of that information could lead me into more about him.All leads will be a big help. Thank You Kim Corey
- GLENN, SUMMERVILLE posted by Gwen Sutton on Thursday, April 13, 2000
- I am searching for information on Glenn David from Brookville, PA and Ellen Summerville from Ireland. They got married in Brookville, PA on 4/19/1854 by John T. Boyle.
- SENCE, SINZ posted by Susan Woodby on Friday, April 14, 2000
- Looking for any information about Paul SINZ, also spelled SENCE, born 28 June 1843 Prussia, lived in Reynoldsville, Jefferson Co abt 1868-1890. Have naturalization papers, but need any other information; wifes name was Mary Golder, St. Marys, Elk Co, Pa. Thank you
- BAUGHMAN-REITZ posted by Judi on Sunday, April 16, 2000
- Could someone please tell me where I could locate a map that would show where Pansey,Distant,Freedom and Timblin are located. Thank-you
- COON, KOON posted by Jacob Graham on Sunday, April 16, 2000
- Does anyone have any information about the Coon or Koon from Jefferson county from the 1800's. If you do please contact me.
- BAKER, KESSLAR, RODGERS, SPRANKLE posted by Bill Rodgers on Sunday, April 16, 2000
- Hello, I am looking for information on the following from Valier and Punxsutawney, Pa. James Rodgers born Feb 1859 in Ireland married to Angeline Sprankle b. 9/24/1860. (daughter of Samuel and Susanna (Kesslar) Sprankle) They had the following children. James (b. Oct 1884 d. July 1928. Married to Mary Richards)
Thomas (b Aug 1886 d. 1972 my grandfather)
George (b. Jan 1888)
Joseph (b. May 1889)
Irene (b. Sept 1891)
Maude (b 1892)
Walter (Nov 1895)
C. A. (b.?? married into the Baker family lived on North Main St. Punxsutawney, Pa in 1938, when mother died)
I am working on my family tree and it runs into a brick wall at this point. Any help would be appreciated. You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- SEACHRIST posted by Gwen Sutton on Monday, April 17, 2000
- I am searching the Seachrist family in Brookville, PA 1900-1923, the fathers occuptaion was a shoemaker and the mother may have died due to complications of giving birth to a baby. There may have been 5-7 children.
- WILSON posted by Kim Corey on Monday, April 17, 2000
- I am looking for anybody that might be connected to George Wilson.He married Elizabeth (Irvine) on Aug.31 1899.I know they lived in Jefferson County at the time of there marriage.Any information would be helpful to me.Thank You.
- LITTLE posted by K. Heider on Tuesday, April 18, 2000
- I am researching Captain Edwin H. Little of the 62nd PA Infantry of the Fifth Army Corps. He served for three years until his death at the battle of Gettysburg on July 2, 1863. I have access to a collection of his letters and would like to find out more about him and his family. They lived in Punxsutawney. His wife, Maggie (Campbell) Little, and two daughters, Emma and Ann, survived him. Any information would be most helpful. Thank you.
- DAILEY, DALEY posted by Carol Kirkpatrick on Wednesday, April 19, 2000
- Looking for more information on Ebenezer Dailey or Daley. He is shown on 1850 Census Index as being from Jefferson Co. PA Township of Warsaw. He enlisted in H Co. 105th Inf Reg as a private in the Civil War. Need information on his wife and any descendents.
- COLLINS posted by Sam Couch on Thursday, April 20, 2000
- Searching for Margaret Gretta Collins born Feb 2 or 4, 1900. After 1936, lived in Punxy area unmarried and died in Punxy. When? Buried where? Obituary? Thanks for your help.
- WOOD posted by Pat Stonemetz on Thursday, April 20, 2000
- Stephen Cox WOOD born 12/1873 Brookville, Pa. Parents: Reverend William WOOD and Kate SIMMS WOOD, any info appreciated.
- ANDERSON, PLYLER, VANDERVOORT posted by Marsha Anderson on Saturday, April 22, 2000
- Looking for relatives.
- HARLEY posted by Susan Yost on Sunday, April 23, 2000
- LOOKING FOR ANY INFORMATION ON MY FATHER CHARLES HARLEY BORN IN SANDY VALLEY OCT 5 1896+or- a couple of years. NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET THANKS SUE YOST
- BARRON, BEAM posted by Marta Barron Kuntz on Sunday, April 23, 2000
- Looking for information on my Great-Grandfather. According to his obituary he died 5-21-28 and was the Post Master of Anita for 14 years, his father was Morris Barron, do not know mothers name. Also information on Morris I have nothing, it appears he came from another country??
Also information on Peter Beam and Catherin Bishop Beam parents to George Frederick Beam.
- BURNS posted by Karen Bianchi on Monday, April 24, 2000
- I am looking for Catherine Burns b 1884 d 1978 brother and sisters. Robert b 1879, Mary b 1880 , Annie b 1890, Francis b 1893 and Joseph b 1893.Also brother James, Edward. Does any one have info on this family. Catherine Burns died in Gaskill Jefferson County, PA August 13, 1978. thanks karen
- STERLING, TRUBY posted by Christine Forker on Monday, April 24, 2000
- In Jefferson County I am in need of the family history of Anna Sterling born March 29, 1812 PA and she marries Samuel TRUBY 1833 near New Castle PA. After the Marriage they move and live in Brookville, PA until both die. He is the son on Micheal TRUBY and Anna KLINE. I need the history of ANNA STERLING????????????
- GOODWILL, HASKINS, RAMSEY posted by Anne Paul on Monday, April 24, 2000
- Looking for information on Hannah Ramsey Goodwill, daughter of Robert Bruce Ramsey and Jane Ann Richardson Ramsey; where to find cemetery records for Beulah Cemetery which I believe is abandoned now. Siblings of Hannah are Jane Ramsey Haskins, Robert Ramsey, Richardson Ramsey, William Ramsey(my great grandfather), and Calleigh or Calley Ramsey. Thanks for a great web site!
- DAUGHERTY, FREDERICK, JOHNSON, STATES, ZEITLER posted by Barbara Daugherty on Tuesday, April 25, 2000
- I am looking for information about the following relatives: Lucinda Frederick Daugherty abt 1910; William E. Daugherty (W.E. Daugherty) after 1905; Merle Daugherty from 1910-1925 (Merle was a telegrapher at the Punxsutawney rail station). I am particulary interested in finding brothers, sisters and/or parents of W.E. Daugherty.
- BEST, CORNMESSER, CULP, FINK, RAMSEY, SHAFFER, SYPHRIT posted by Karen Semencar on Tuesday, April 25, 2000
- The names I have posted are all in the Jefferson County area at the time of the Cornmessers and Shaffers. I am descended from George Washington and wife Mary Margaret(Shaffer) Cornmesser. Their parents were William (who married Adeline Lamborne the widow of John Peary after Catherine died) and Catherine Jane (Elder) Cornmesser and Jacob Mease and Barbara Anna (Best) Shaffer. Barbara was first married to George or John Culp and we find from census Jacobs first wife was Sarah (Newell?)...John Fink and Juliana Cornmesser were married in Bellwood, Blair Co. and they had Rutherford, Earl, John, Carrie Bell, Ida Gertrude and Louella...My Rhoads was George and wife Christiana (Yohe) Rhoads parents of Henry and his wife was Melissa Howlett on one death certificate and Jane Painter on another death certificate of two children, George Washington and Mary Jane (Ward) Rhoads were the parents of my grandmother, Catherine Elizabeth who married Frank Cornmesser. My great grandmother Rhoads was also the sister of Anna Woods or Wood from Punxsutawney and other siblings...I am searching for descendants who may recognize any of the given names and may have information on the families they became and or places they went. The origins in Pa seem to show Northampton, Bucks, Centre and others in central Pa....Thank you for your time....Karen
- CARR, MCGONIGLE posted by Sarah Wasiura on Tuesday, April 25, 2000
- BERNARD MCGONIGLE b. ca. 1842 Ire.
Father: JOHN MCGONIGLE b. Ire. ca. 1820
Mother: MARY CARR b. Ire. ca. 1820
Bernard emigrated to PA. 1860. Married ALICE CRILLY New Bethlehem, 1885. Lived in Jefferson Co. Had six children: JAMES-EDWARD-ANNA JANE-MARY-MARTHA & SARAH.
Bernard served July 1, 1863-August 15, 1863 with 50th PA Inf. Co. E.
- HIMES posted by Patricia Himes on Sunday, April 30, 2000
- I am looking for any information on Franklin Himes. He married Stella Depp and moved to Brockway,Jefferson County, Pa. He bought a home on Buzzard Street. He worked on the Railroad and died either in 1932 or 1933. I am looking for his parents and siblings. Please help if you have any thing on this man or his family. Thank you, Pat in FL
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Jefferson County Genealogy Project
(c) Jefferson County Genealogy Project