- BISHOP, HALL posted by Dennis Hall on Friday, December 3, 1999
- In Brookville, Jefferson County, PA, Samuel B. Bishop d. 26 Mar 1856 age 42 and was a lawyer in Brookville at the time of his death. He married Esther Hall, d/o William and Sarah (Lucas)Hall. Children: William Gara Bishop (c1844), Sarah E. (c1846), Charles M. (c1850), Samuel Barclay (c1852), Frank (c1854), and Eli S. (b. Aug 1856). Esther died 18 Aug 1856. As of 1889, only William Gara Bishop and Samuel B. were surviving. William G. was living in Pittsburgh in 1910.
- REYNOLDS, RODGERS posted by Billie Holcomb on Friday, December 3, 1999
- Searching for information on Rebecca Keziah REYNOLDS B-1824 Kittanning, PA M-George RODGERS B-1821 D-1857 buried Jefferson Cty. Children Nancy Rebecca B-1847, Joseph Phelps Rodgers B-1850. Jane Reynolds Rodgers B-1852, Jordon Rodgers B-1854, *Mary Alice Rodgers B-1857, and Jennie Rodgers B-1852. Jennie is buried in Jefferson County.
- ZEITTER posted by Victor M. Seiders on Saturday, December 4, 1999
- J.C. Zeitter and his family are in the 1850 census of Jefferson County and all were born in Germany. I would like to know where in Germany they came from.
- BERKHEISER, KICHER, KRAMER posted by Gregory Phillips on Monday, December 6, 1999
- I am looking for burial locations for George and Sarah (Berkheiser) Kramer. I am also looking for dates for Sarah (Berkheiser) Kramer and her niece, Nettie (Berkheiser) Kicher. George was born Mar. 18, 1815 in Sch. Co., PA and died Nov. 20, 1894 in Henderson Twp., Jefferson Co., PA. He married Sarah Berkheiser about 1842 in Sch. Co. She was born Apr. 27, 1824 in Sch. Co. and was a member of the Evangelical Church at Troutville. Sarah survived her husband and her niece, Mrs. Nettie Kicher lived with her. Thank you!.
- BRANCH posted by Erin McMillen on Wednesday, December 8, 1999
- Looking for any information on Lancelot Branch, b. 22 Mar 1836 in England, d. 7 Dec 1907 in Horatio, Jefferson, PA. I am told there is a Branch farm in or near Horatio that also has the family graveyard where Lancelot is buried. His wife at the time he lived in Horatio was named Rachel. Any information is very appreciated..
- ROWLES posted by Melinda Hollback on Thursday, December 9, 1999
- Am looking for the real mother of Andrew Curtis Rowles. Andrew's father was named John Rowles and his step-mother's name was Susan Hockenberry. the family lived for a time in Jefferson co. Any information would be helpful..
- NEAL, NEEL, NEILL posted by Robert Neel on Thursday, December 9, 1999
- Interesting in tracking Neel's migration into Jefferson County. Any information would be appreciated,
- FOLTZ, RUDOLPH posted by Nancy Rudolph on Thursday, December 9, 1999
- Seeking record of marriage for Nettie May FOLTZ and Burney James Rudolph married 1904 in Jefferson County. No information on Nettie's family. She died in 1915 and is buried in Paradise Cemetery..
- HAINES, MINNICH, SHELLY posted by Mark Shelly on Thursday, December 9, 1999
- The obituary for Rev William Shelly mentions that 4 of his (half) brothers were involved in the Civil War. Joe (Haines or Hane) was listed as being in the initial cavalry charge in Gettysburg. His brother, John (Hane or Haines) was also involved as well as 2 other brothers (Shelly or Haines or Hane). John is listed as John C Hane in the 1860 Redbank Twp census, Armstrong Co PA with Jacob and Mary Shelly. His parents were John? Hane (Haines?) and Mary Minnich of Ringgold Twp, Jefferson County, PA. Mary married Jacob Shelly in nearby Redbank Twp, Armstrong County after her 1st husband died. Can anyone identify a local Civil War Calvary unit or know what unit these men were in? Does anyone know about any of this Shelly or Haines family?.
- ECKMAN, HETRICK, HUTCHINS, SHAFFER, SLAWSON posted by Sarah Ambrose on Friday, December 10, 1999
- Jacob Hetrick of Armsrong and Jefferson Co who married Katherine Schneider is in my genealogy, the son of Johan Adam Hetrick. email for more details..
- HAINES, PIFER, STAHLMAN, WOLFGANG posted by Beth Sullivan on Saturday, December 11, 1999
- Richard McClure Pifer married Laura Idella Stalman in the 1890's (?) they had two children Hazel who was born Oct 20 1897 and Conwell. Laura's siblings were Annie and Clarence (who died March 8, 1913). Laura's parents were Martha and Frank Stahlman. Martha's parents were Ann Haines and Teeter Wolfgang. Is anyone connected to these people?
- MILLIRON, REED posted by Lena on Wednesday, December 15, 1999
- I have been researching Milliron-Reed from Sprankles Mills,Jefferson Cnty,Pa. Gr.Grandfather W. Calvin Milliron, Wife Marcella Reed. Both from same area. Haven't found an Elizabeth but have more Millirons. Lena.
- BRESSLER posted by Jim Sandoval on Tuesday, December 21, 1999
- Searching for information about former major league baseball player Raymond Bloom "Rube" Bressler born in Coder, Jefferson, County Pennsylvania23 October 1894.
- PAINE, PARROTT, TUXFORD posted by John Tuxford on Wednesday, December 22, 1999
- Seeking information on John H. Paine and Sarah Parrott Paine. They were both buried in the Edeburn Cemetary in Jefferson Co. Their children are Leona Marie Paine who married Earl Milton Tuxford, Lillian, Lucy, and John..
- DICKEY posted by Ed Strawley on Friday, December 24, 1999
- Looking for information on Dickey family. In 1850 Census Jonathan Dickey age 64 is married to Elizabeth age 55. At home are Soloman age 20, Jacob age 18 and Samuel age 17. Neighbors are a James Dickey age 29 married to Elizabeth age 25. At their residence are David age 8, Alexander age 6, Anna C. age 4 and Amanda age 1.
In 1841,1842 and 1843 Jonathan Dickey has a 158 acre farm in Young township. Probably in 1843 James is listed as a single male turning 21. The farm in 1843 is valued at 1.50 dollars per acre. In 1844 we learn that the 158 acre farm has 30 acres cleared , a log barn , A log house of one story not finished, In 1845 he has completed his house and is listed with 2 horses and 2 cows on 158 acres of land. In 1846 the same.
In 1847 part of Young township must be redistricted into Winslow. The family still has 158 acre farm but now it is part of Winslow. In 1848 the farm of 158 acres is valued at 445 dollars. In 1849 he has 158 acres. In 1850 he has 158 acres and has now cleared 50. He has one gelding, 2 Mares , and 2 cows. In 1851 age 63 he has 158 acres 70 acres cleared. In 1852 son Soloman comes to age of 21 In 1853 Jacob is 21. In 1855 Jonathan is crossed out with Elizabeth written over his name. In 1856 Elizabeth is taxed for 158 acres.
- MATTERN, MOSER, MOTTERN, MOTTORN, REED posted by Angie Shumway on Sunday, December 26, 1999
- I'm looking for information on my ggg grandfather, Joseph Mattern. Joseph was born Oct. 18 1831 and moved into Ringgold Twp., Jefferson County between 1850 and 1860. Joseph is listed in the 1860 census. He married Elise Reed. They had at least 5 children. Joseph died in 1883. Joseph had changed the name Mattern to Mottorn before his death. Elise Mottorn (Joseph's Widow) is listed in the 1900 census living in Oliver Twp. I am looking for any information on any ancestors or decendents of this family. I have alot of information on the Mottorn/Mottern family and would love to exchange information. Thank you for any help that you can offer.
- DEEMER, DICKEY, FOLTZ, VASBINDER, WENSEL, YOUNT posted by Ed Strawley on Sunday, December 26, 1999
- Looking for information on George Vasbinder born abt 1822 or his spouse whose maiden name may be Wensel. Sarah Ann is born about 1826. Children are Barbara Ann, Samuel, Nancy Issac, Sarah Jane, Matilda, Elizabeth, George and Emery.
The family is located in Heath Township of Jefferson County in 1848. George is in the tax records of Heath until 1865. Prior to 1848 family may be in Clarion.
- BODENHORN, BOTTENHORN, GREELEY, MOORE, STEPHENS posted by Gretta on Monday, December 27, 1999
- I have a Barclay Hugh Bottenhorn, born in Jefferson Co. Oliverburg,Pa on Oct3,1880, he was the son of Jacob J. and Barbara Bottenhorn(Bodenhorn)he died April 21, 1921.He had two brothers Dr. J.B of Clarion, Pa and Dr. I.A. of Columbus Ohio, and a sister Mrs. J.J.Camp of Finlayville, PA. He was married to Twilla Greeley of Jefferson Co. Her mothers name was Stella Stephens Greeley, and her fathers name was George B. Greeley. she had two sisters Gretta married Clyde Moore(his mothers maiden name was Greeley also) Agatha, at least one brother Gerald, and maybe a Max. Informmation on any of these people would be appreciated.
- DEEMER, SHEESLY posted by Kristie Carney on Wednesday, December 29, 1999
- Recently came across 2 old ledgers from a blacksmith shop run by Simon SHEESLY and then Amos DEEMER in Jefferson County. I would love any information regarding these two and would be happy to share info from the ledgers.
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Jefferson County Genealogy Project
(c) Jefferson County Genealogy Project