- MCCLUSKEY posted by Paul McCluskey on Friday, October 1, 1999
- James P. McCluskey is my Grandfather of which I know very little. I believe He spent most of his life in Jefferson Co. His birth was in 1876, death 1937. He is buried in St. Mary's Cemetery in Reynoldville,Pa . Any help in learning more of his family would be greatly appreciated..
- REESE, ZIERDEN posted by Elizabeth Asimos on Tuesday, October 5, 1999
- I am searching for any information on the family of Katherine Zierden and Frederick Reese. Katherine and Frederick Reese were married approximately 1892-1895 in DuBois, Jefferson County. Katherine was the daughter of Nicholas Zierden and Rebecca Spofford Zierden from DuBois and she was born February 18, 1872..
- BARR, OCONNER, OCONNOR posted by Dana Rankin on Tuesday, October 5, 1999
- I'm also interested in information on the Barr family, Jefferson County or nearby. I know nothing beyond Andrew Allen Barr (or Allen Andrew Barr), b.1877, d.1942, m. Anna Pearl OCONNER (or OCONNOR), b.1882, d.1963..
- CARTWRIGHT, LEWIS posted by Harry Lewis on Sunday, October 10, 1999
- We are looking for information on Edward Charles Lewis who we believed married Ida Llewella Cartwright. Renoldsville is linked to Edward Charles and East Brady linked to his wife. Ida came from Queenstown, Armstrong Co. Pa. They had their first child (?) 1886 Harry Walter. Family talk says that they live seperatly after some time. Thanks.
- BULLERS, COCHRAN posted by Dolores Moon on Sunday, October 31, 1999
- My connection with the Buller surname is through my great grandfather, Joseph Cochran. His sister Margaret,"Maggie" Cochran married Elmer E. Bullers. I believe that Elmer was the son of John and Adeline Harrington Bullers. Margaret was the daughter of Levi and Harriet Manners Cochran of Oliver Township in Jefferson Co. Any information would be most helpful and appreciated.
- DENNISTON, REED, STEWART posted by Barbara Stowe on Monday, November 1, 1999
- Thomas G. Denniston was bon 12-Dec. 1839 in Mercer Cty, Pa. His brother Andrew G. Denniston was born 28-Aug.-1831 in Jefferson Cty. Pa The two brother's married sister's Amanda and Susannah Reed. Thomas and Andrew's parents were William G. Denniston and Jane C. Stewart Denniston. I would greatly appreciate any information I could get..
- COLEMAN, ESHBAUGH, FREEDLINE, FRIEDLINE, STRAWCUTTER posted by A.B. Friedline on Tuesday, November 2, 1999
- I am looking for any decendents of Daniel Friedline b 1826 and d 1898. married Sevilla Strawcutter b1828,d 1901.They lived in Pine creek twp. 1860. childern were Regina 1850.john 1852,Hannah 1854, Michael 1857, Samuel 1859, george 1863, Daniel Jr. 1864, Edward 1871. Michael Freedline b1857, d 1929. married Rebecca Eshbaugh b1861 d 1933. childern, Orin 1880, Anthony 1883, Lizzie 1885, Bell 1887, Kate 1889, Thomas,1891,Bessie 1894, Martha 1896, Mary 1896 twins, Millie 1899, Elmer 1902, Carrie 1905. Also any decendents of Henry and Maggie Coleman..
- GREELEY, GREELY, MANN posted by Linnea on Wednesday, November 3, 1999
- Hi! I found a reference lately that one of my Jefferson County folks, Jeremiah GREELY/GREELEY was buried in Pisgah Cemetery in Jefferson County. He lived in Eldred township. Does anyone know of this cemetery. Other members of his extended family are said to be buried in Zion Cemetery (I am assuming that is Zion Methodist in Eldred). Are these the same cemetery? Jeremiah died about 1902. I am also interested to find out if his mother, Abiah MANN GREELY is buried in any of these cemeteries. Thanks!.
- HUFFMAN, IRWIN posted by David Huffman on Thursday, November 4, 1999
- Looking for information on a Henry And Catherine Huffman From Oliver Twp Jefferson Co..Henry was born1810 and died1899 .Catherine was born1813 died1894. I believe she was a Irwin but not sure.They had nine children;Andrew,Sarah,Mattie,John,William,Hariam,George,Martin,and Elizabeth.Where did Henry come from and who were his parents? David Huffman.
- BERKHOUSE posted by Melissa Kitchens on Thursday, November 4, 1999
- Benjamin Berkhouse, b ca 1836, md. Ellen (?). Children, Albert Franklin Berkhouse & Samuel Calvin Berkhouse, born in Jefferson Co PA. Moved to Roane Co. WV ca 1870. I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has information about this family: Benjamin's parents and siblings' names, Ellen's maiden name, etc..
- NOLF, NOLFF, NULF, NULPH posted by Bill Nulph on Thursday, November 4, 1999
- Would someone help me out on a Census lookup? Please check the 1830 Census for Porter Township,Jefferson County and see if HENRY NOLF,Sr and his wife SARAH or JANE or MARY MAGDALENA NOLF are listed?
- NOLF, NOLFF, NULF, NULPH posted by Bill Nulph on Thursday, November 4, 1999
- Would someone help me out on a Census lookup? Please check the 1850 Census for Porter Township,Jefferson County and see if JACOB NULPH and his wife JANE BLEAKNEY NULPH are listed? Name may also be spelled NOLF.
- COCHRAN, MCDIVITT posted by Dolores Moon on Monday, November 8, 1999
- I am searching for information on David Cochran of North Mahoning Twp of Indiana Co. and Mary McDivitt of Porter Twp , Jefferson Co. Mary McDivitt married David Cochran April 15, 1869. in Jefferson Co. Any information on the McDivitt family would be appreciated.
- HOON, MENSER posted by S.L. Baker on Wednesday, November 10, 1999
- Seeking information on William and Elizabeth Hoon Menser (no dates available) and their son Andrew (b. 8/25/1873). He married in Wisconsin to Mary Bracken (b. 4/18/1865, d. 10/25/1895, m. 8/11/1889).
- YOHE posted by Irene Boydston on Wednesday, November 10, 1999
- Can anyone tell me anything about the Yohe Brothers Garage that was in Big Run,Jefferson County, probably around the 30's and 40's? My great uncle, Charles K. Yohe and his brothers, Frank, Simon and James supposedly ran it. Also, would like to contact anyone related to these people. My mother is supposed to have cousins(sons of Frank Yohe and Cleone Hartzfield, owners of Yohe Service Station) in the Big Run, Punxy area. Thanks.
- FULLER, VANLEARS, VANLEER posted by Carole Hansen on Friday, November 12, 1999
- I am looking for information on Aaron Fuller b. 11 Nov 1799 and Nancy Ann Van Leer and their children Matilda b. abt 1834, Solomon b. abt. 1831 and John b. 9 Oct 1821. The two younger children were born in or around Summerville, Jefferson, PA. I am also looking for any other children. There is a report that there were 10 children. John married Margaret Brosuius 17 May 1844 in Pennsylvania.
- FINCH, GAHAGEN, HETRICK, MOSER, MOTTERN, MOTTORN, NEVILLE, REED, ZIMMERMAN posted by Angie Shumway on Wednesday, November 17, 1999
- I'm trying to find information on B.F. Mottorn (my gggrandfather)who married Mary Verna Moser on November 06, 1890 in Perry Twp.,Jefferson County. B.F's father was Joesph Mottorn. Mottorn was changed to Mottern in the 1900's for unknown reasons. any information on either Joesph Mottorn, B.F Mottorn or Mary Moser whould be great. I'm willing to share the branches I have. Thank YOu.
- FOLEY posted by Sandy Scott on Saturday, November 20, 1999
- Searching for information on my greatgrand-parents Patrick Foley b.1849 in Ennistymon, Ireland. Married Nancy Johnson Marsh b.1852 in Perrysville, Va. They raised their family in Reynoldsville,PA. My grandmother Nellie Alice Foley was b. 1888 in Reynoldsville and grew up there. Appreciate any info anyone has to share. Thanks..
- ROGERS, WARNER, WORNER posted by Richele Herr on Sunday, November 21, 1999
- I am interested in finding information about Elizabeth WARNER (WORNER). I believe she was born between 1860 amd 1865. She was married to Edward Lowry Rogers. I believe she was born in Jefferson Co. and also married there. Perhaps the Punxsatawny area as family stories are that she took sick while living in that area and she, her husband and two children returned to Centre Co., PA. Which is where her husband was from..
- RAMSEY posted by Mary Garrison on Monday, November 22, 1999
- Looking for information on my great grandfather Robert Ramsey Came to USA from Durham England between 1870 to 1875 with his parents Robert and Annie Ramsey, his brothers Richard (Richardson) and Calley Ramsey, and his sister Janie Ramsey. Played the flute and was a tenor in a church in Reynoldsville sometime between arrival in USA and 1884. Left a Pregnant wife in Reynoldsville to go west and homestead in the Dakota Territory prior to 1884. Any information is greatly appreciated..
- HAHN, HAIN, HAINE, HANE posted by Kevin Mashall on Monday, November 22, 1999
- I am looking for information on my gr.gr.gr.grandparents, Adam and Hannah (?) Hain of Ringgold Twp., Jefferson Co., PA. The 1850 census lists the family as: Adam Haine 46; Hannah 44; John 19; George 12; Samuel 8; Adam 6; Jacob 3; Catharine 17; Elizabeth 14. All born in PA. Adam's will was wrote 2 Oct 1851 and probated 20 Nov 1851. Son George is my gr.gr.grandfather who married Rebecca Kunselman of Red Bank Twp., Armstrong Co. Would appreciate any info. on this family.
- CLOVER, GEORGE posted by Linnea on Tuesday, November 23, 1999
- Hello! We received the Social Security Applications for some of my husband's ancestors this weekend. His g-g-grandfather, Robert Elbertia [sic] GEORGE was listed as having been born in Green Briar, Jefferson Co, PA in 1895.His parents were listed as John Irving GEORGE and Hila Olive CLOVER. We have no other information on them, except that John was most likely not born in PA, but rather father west. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!.
- BYERS, CRAWFORD, DARLING, FRAMPTON, GREEN, MUSSER, PEVEHOUSE, REIBOLD, SHARPE, SIPE, TAYLOR posted by Sondra Roos on Tuesday, November 23, 1999
- Hi, I am looking for information on my mother's family from Reynoldsville, Pa. My gr. grandfather was born here and his name was William Harrison Frampton, born June 1875, to Samuel Thomas Frampton and Elizabeth Jane Sharpe. He had siblings also. I don't know all, however, some of the names are; Sadie, Lillian, Etta, Marge, Samuel and Edward. I hope someone can be of some help putting some links together.
- BERKHOUSE posted by Melissa Kitchens on Wednesday, November 24, 1999
- Looking for information on Benjamin Berkhouse, b ca 1836 in Jefferson Co PA. Benjamin and wife Ellen moved to Roane Co WV ca 1870. Would appreciate any information on this family..
- CARRIER, HILDRETH, HUMPHRIES, JACK, KING, LAIRHEAD, MILLIRON, MOORE, RHINES, TAYLOR posted by Sidney Moore on Wednesday, November 24, 1999
- Looking for the Descendants of David L. Moore, b. 1811 in Westmoreland Co., PA, d. 1889 in Jefferson Co., PA and his wife Elizabeth Milliron b. 1815 in Westmoreland Co., PA, d. 1901 in Elk Co., PA. Their children: son James Moore married Mary Hildreth; daughter Nancy Helen Moore married George W. Rhines; daughter Priscilla Moore married 1. ? King, 2. ? Humphries; daughter Sarah E. Moore married Newton Taylor; son Joseph Moore married Nancy Lairhead; son David K. Moore married Martha C. Carrier; son William E. Moore married Anna Jack.
- BASTION, HELMICK, LATTIMER, MARSHALL, MCCOLGIN, NEWCOME, SCHRECENGOST, SMITH, TRUSELL posted by Marilynn Wienke on Thursday, November 25, 1999
- Robert Lattimer m Margaret D Marshall and had the following children:
Samuel Marshall Dec 29, 1851
William McKee Oct 12, 1853 m Emma J Marshall they had Frankie dead, Eva B. and Cora B. I need a husband and children for both Eva and Cora Charles Edward April 4, 1858
Betha Mary July or Aug 3, 1860 I need anything
Jennie Agnes or Jane May or June 1863 m Schrecengost I need anything. Harry James Oct 27, 1865
Chamber Guthrie Dec 7, 1868 anything.
- BLACK, CARR, HILGAR, RODGERS posted by Rebecca Simmer Fullerton on Friday, November 26, 1999
- Looking for information on (Harriet) Frances Rodgers, born in Jefferson County some time around 1846. Parents were James Rodgers and Rebecca Reynolds Rodgers. She was married to a William Rodgers or Rogers. Daughters were Belle Jeanette Black and Susie Ro(d)gers Hilgar, b 8/20/1872 d 3/20/1962, my great grandmother. I have been unable to find any information on William Rodgers, one of Frances' husbands. Frances moved eventually to Butler County and was married to a man named Carr. Any other information would be greatly appreciated..
- DOBSON, KENNEDY posted by Tammy Rider on Friday, November 26, 1999
- I'm looking for information on Jacob Irven Kennedy, b. 1870 in Jefferson county. Jacob was a miner and farmer. He married Mary Blanche Dobson, b. 1874 in Jefferson County. Mary was a housewife. Jacob and Mary had 3 children: Eva, William Irven Sr., and Allen. Jacob remarried later to a woman named Margaret (maiden name unknown). They had 3 children: Ethel, George, and Mary. Jacob Irven Kennedy and Mary Blanche Dobson are my great great grandparents. Any and all information about them and their ancestors would be greatly helpful and appreciated. I have information on their descendents which I would gladly share with anyone interested.
- HAMPSON, HYDE, OLSEN, RODKEY, WAZELLE posted by marianne fisher wazelle on Friday, November 26, 1999
- researching any links in Jefferson county Pennsylvania containing these surnames.
- BAUGHMAN, MESSICK, POWELL posted by Diane Berg on Saturday, November 27, 1999
- I know you've checked on a George B. Baughman recently for me. However, I've found him and his parents and siblings. I'm now looking for George's father, John Baughman, b 1809 in PA, not sure where. John was married to a Susannah ?. Do you have any info on your John, b. Apr 14, 1809, such as who his spouse was?
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Jefferson County Genealogy Project
(c) Jefferson County Genealogy Project