- HANNAH, JAMISON, MCGIFFIN, REYNOLDS, RODGERS, SHIELDS posted by Gail Gesin on Tuesday, February 2, 1999
- I am searching for information on Ann (McGiffin) Shields who married James H. Shields in Clover Township. Their son David B. Shields was my husband's great-grandfather. I am searching for information on Rebecca (Reynolds) Rodgers who settled in Barnett township from Crawford County in the late 1800's. She married James Rodgers and their son James Smith Rodgers was my great-grandfather. James Smith Rodgers married Sara Jane (Jenny) Jamison and her parents were Thomas Jamisona nd Eliza Jane (Watson) Jamison who lived in Clover Township in 1850 and later moved to Warsaw Township. I am also searching for information on Hugh Himmelwright Hannah who was born in Polk Township, Jefferson County on Dec. 25, 1839. His parents were Joseph L. Hannah and Sarah A. Hannah. I would like information on Sarah A. Hannah's parents. Hugh was my great-grandfather.
- WHITNEY, YORKO posted by Marsha Whitney Clark on Thursday, February 4, 1999
- Looking for info on the John Yorko family in Jefferson County during late 1800s to present. Originally from Czechslovakia and had a brother Joseph. Family moved to Gary, IN area. Also, Victor Whitney family. Christopher Leonard b. April 1, 1885. Victor was married to Lydia CURRAN.
- GINDLESPERGER, GRAY posted by Brian Ensley on Saturday, February 6, 1999
- My Solomon Gindlesperger was born in Somerset County in 1815 and married Sarah Jane Gray, born 1818 in PA. In the 1850 Census of Garrett Co., MD, they are living there and Sarah's mother is living with them. Elizabeth Gray was born in PA in 1786. In the 1860 Census, Solomon and family are in Westmoreland County, PA but no Elizabeth Gray. Desperately looking to share information on the Gindlesperger family, such as descendants of Solomon, but also to find some lead on the Gray connection. Many of the early Gray Families in the census records were from Westmoreland County.
- PEARCHEY, RITTENHOUSE posted by Kathy Baus on Sunday, February 7, 1999
- Am searching for birthdate and date of marriage for Joshua/Josiah Rittenhouse and Hannah PEARCHEY. Their children were: Rebecca, Francis, Maria, Elizabeth, John Bell, Hannah Jane, Catherine Leana, Joshua Thomas and William Wiser.
- FOX, GALUSHA posted by Cathy Lipscomb on Tuesday, February 9, 1999
- I am looking for my ggrandparent's families. Albert Edward GALUSHA married Catherine Priscilla FOX. They were married in 1899 and left for West Virginia . I am looking for their siblings or parents. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
- SHOEMAKER, STEWART posted by James Stewart on Wednesday, February 10, 1999
- I am looking for information on Leonard M. Stewart sr and his father William of winslow township,Jefferson county,PA and on William Shoemaker,Ida Shoemaker, Margerett Shoemaker also of Jefferson county. Leonard M. Stewart jr was my father..
- HAAG, HUTMIRE, KNARR, MILLER posted by Joan Huber on Friday, February 12, 1999
- Seek photo of Christian HAAG d. 1915/1916 in Punxsutawney, Jefferson Co., PA; md. first Anna Maria Katharine KNOERR / KNARR and second Anna MILLER. Seek photo of Georg Jacob HAAG d. 30 Sep 1920 in Big Run, Jefferson Co., PA; md. Anna Christiana HUTMIRE. Seek photo of Frederick William HAAG d. 1 Dec 1943 in Punxsutawney, Jefferson Co., PA..
- GROVES, HOEY, KLINE, LAIRD, LANE, MCCURDY, MCGHEE, MCMINN, PENDLETON, PERRY, SHAFER posted by Ken McMinn on Tuesday, February 16, 1999
- Looking for any information on any of these surnames.
- SINGER, WENDEL posted by John Jaynes on Wednesday, February 17, 1999
- Looking for any information on family of John andd Elizabeth (WENDEL) SINGER who lived in the area of Brookville, Jefferson Co. Known children include: Frances (b 1868), John, Mary, Margaret, and Minnie. Frances was my wife's grandmother. Have some old pictures of the family. Please reply by e-mail..
- CANNON, DODDS posted by Heather Metheny on Friday, February 19, 1999
- Robert James DODDS m. Amanda CANNON - they were originally from Westmoreland & Armstrong Counties. R.J. was a circuit riding preacher who many times rode his horse into Jefferson County to preach, and stayed for months at a time. This would be in the 1850s. Would appreciate any information. He was affiliated with the Covenanter or Reformed Presbyterian Church.
- BAUMGARTNER, PRYDE posted by Heather Meyers on Friday, February 19, 1999
- Looking for information on ggrandfather Joseph Baumgartner who lived in Punxsutawney,PA, married to Katie Arend and had 8 children. Also Alexander Hutchinson Pryde of same area..
- DAVIES, HITCHINGS posted by Jacqueline Bellezza on Saturday, February 20, 1999
- Searching for information on Jason HITCHINGS b 1843/44 d Aug 25 1900 in Punxsutawney PA Jefferson CO married Esther DAVIES in 1866/67. Esther DAVIES b Nov 13 1847 in Wales d July 19 1924 in Punxsutawney PA They had eight children They lived on Main Street when they both died.
- POSTLETHWAITE posted by John Postlethwaite on Saturday, February 20, 1999
- Anyone with info on the surname Postlethwaite; from Jefferson County.
- BAIN, MCMINN posted by Cynthia Shockley on Saturday, February 20, 1999
- My ggrandfather -- John Douglas McMinn -- married a Ellen Nora BAIN (dates unknown). My grandmother -- Lola Bessie McMinn -- was born in Springfield, Missouri on April 17, 1891. I would very much like to determine my ggrandfather's ancestors since I assume he himself was not an emigrant.
- COCHRAN posted by Mary Boyd on Sunday, February 21, 1999
- 1860 US Census, Polk Township, Jefferson County, Pennsylvania
Searching for the ancestors and descendants of the Samuel(b. 1803)and Esther(b. 1810) COCHRAN family of Polk Township, Jefferson Co, Pa. In the 1860 census, the COCHRAN children were listed as
1. John - b. 1833
2. Mary - b. 1837
3. Alpheus - b. 1842
4. Malizsa - b. 1845
5. Sarah - b. 1846
6. Unknown - b. 1847
7. Nancy E. - b. 1851
8. Henriett - b. 1852
Any information you can share will be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Mary (Cochran) Boyd
- BROADHEAD posted by Beverly Carson on Sunday, February 21, 1999
- Looking for information on a Thomas BROADHEAD listed on the 1779 census, old 96 district So. Carolina. I believe he is my g-g-g-grandfather (James Broadhead's)father.
- BARHNE, BAUGHMAN, BUSSARD, CLARK, HOSACK, LAMBING, LAW, MAUK, MAURER, MCCULLOUGH, POSTLEWAIT, STRAITIFF, VARNER, YOUNG posted by Jamie Kollar on Sunday, February 21, 1999
- I am researching the surname of Baughman and have a Postlewait in that line. The Postlewait line has not been documented by me yet the the information came from a cousin.
I have Emma Clarice Baughman b Nov 8, 1867 d Nov 12, 1933 m Robert Postlewait (no dates)
Children of Emma Clarice and Robert Postlewait are:
1. Elma Postlewait m Harve Bussard
. 1. Mona Belle Bussard
. 2. May Laurie Bussard
2. Blair Postlewait
3. Bessie Postlewait m Paul Hosack
. 1. Bernadine Hosack
4. Adaline Postlewait m Paul Lambing
. 1. Bethea Lambing
. 2. Pauline Lambing
. 3. Red Lambing
. 4. Charles Lambing
. 5. Dennis Lambing
. 6. Wayne Lambing
Thanks for any information you may be able to help me with on ANY of the surnames mentioned.
- BLOSE, MILLIRON, POSTELWAIT, SMITH posted by Philip Moyer on Sunday, February 21, 1999
- Ive come across the following POSTELWAITES in my lineage: Samuel Harold POSTELWAITE (b1894) m Verlie Rebecca MILLIRON (b1900) Mary POSTELWAITE m Norman Taylor BLOSE (bDec 15,1899) Clara POSTELWAITE (b1923) m Francis Henry SMITH (b 1920) Children: George Francis SMITH (b1941) Henry Albert SMITH (b1949) Arthur Claire SMITH (b unknown) I hope that this may assist you. These POSTELWAITES showed up on both my mother and father's side of the family. If any of these POSTELWAITES show up in your lineage, i would appreciate some of your information on the POSTELWAITS as this is the only knowledge i have of them. I enjoy expanding our data base both laterally and vertically.
- ARTHURS, GRUVER, KAHLE, LYLE, STAHLMAN posted by Twila Smith on Sunday, February 21, 1999
- I have information on Violet Jane KAHLE b. 1857 d. 1933 m. John M. GRUVER . Violet was d/o Washington W. Kahle & Elizabeth ARTHURS. I am an Arthurs descendant also a LYLE and STAHLMAN descendant. Please contact me for more information.
- ARTHURS, KAHLE, MILLS, ORCUTT posted by Twila Smith on Sunday, February 21, 1999
- I am descended from Mary Arthurs Mills who m. 1. Isaac Mills. She m.2. David Orcutt of Union Twp. Mary Arthurs Mills had a sister Elizabeth Arthurs m. Washington W. Kahle of Kahletown area. Have information on all of above families.
- MARTZ, STAHLMAN posted by Patti Stahlman on Monday, February 22, 1999
- I am searching for information on Grover Scott Stahlman or Charles Frances Martz. They lived around the Brookville/Punsy area of PA. Grover had several children. Names I know are Marion, Earl, Albert and Hazel (Kiehl) Names of children I know for Charles Martz had children also Hazel Louise (Stahlman), Francis (Enterline), Anita (Kundle), Mary (Steele), Emma (Jefferies), Charles, Ambrose, John.
- BOND posted by Lois Bondringham on Tuesday, February 23, 1999
- In 1903 in Jackson Co. Ky. 2 people bought prop from Pa. James L.BOND bought for the Rockcastle Mining and Lumber Co it states he is of County of Jefferson State of Pa. and John W. Bond from GD Jackson of DeL and Fl. first part and John Bond of Brockwayvitle???Pa. These families later settled Bond Ky. nearby. Does anyone tie in to these families in Pa.
- RISHEL, RISHELL posted by Rhonda Jennings on Wednesday, February 24, 1999
- Looking for anyone with an interest in the surname RISHELL/RISHEL
- HENDERSON, TREMBLE, TRIMBLE, WILLIAMS posted by Nancy Valencia on Friday, February 26, 1999
- Seeking info re Grgrandpa, siblings and desc. Samuel TREMBLE or variation: TRIMBLE, b.July 12,1828 d. Aug 15,1900 Galena, KS; mother's surname Williams; had br Jack, sis Missouri, Matilda; Matilda m. HENDERSON; Matilda living in Jefferson Co PA 1900; mid 1840s Grgrandpa m. (name unknown); had 4 sons: Jack, Judson, Bernonia, & John; was drafted Northern Army; was a fifer in fife & drum corps; served at Bull Run. Was called home (Punxtatawny) due to illness of his mother who died during Civil War era. He discovered his sons were "bound-out" and that his wife was unfaithful; he didn't return to army: Assumed alias John Williams and left PA with bro Jack who died in a fire of the James Cattle Company. Grgranpa traveled in TX, MO, AR, KS, OK; 1888 m. Nancy Jane MORETON in Pierce City, MO. It was his 2nd marriage, her third (1st: Weber, 2nd: Sutherland); had 2 children Ophelia and Rose Zella b. August 29 1886 Ohio Post Office, MO d. Sept 5, 1963, Galena KS. I am descended ! from his second family. For twenty years, I've chased down one lead after the other on Grgrandpa and haven't been able to find one, not one, document on him. It's almost as though he doesn't want to be found! Would like info on desc. of first family. Judson held high office in PA; would like info from his sister's descendents. Would appreciate any kind of sound lead.
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Jefferson County Genealogy Project
(c) Jefferson County Genealogy Project