- MITCHELL posted by Shannon Rathbun on Tuesday, September 1, 1998
- MITCHELL I am looking for any information about William MITCHELL born about 1796 at (Jefferson Co.) Pennsylvania. He worked on a riverboat from Penn. down the Miss. William Mitchell married Jane HINES at Ross Co, Oh. They later moved to Marion Co, Oh. where they ran a hotel. If anyone has information about the Mitchell family, contact me at the e-mail listed above. .
- BECK, BROSIUS, SMITH posted by Larry J Smith on Thursday, September 3, 1998
- I'm looking for the parents of Salena Beck who married Amos Hetrick in Emerickville, Jefferson County, Pa. She was born in 1856 and died 1937. Her daughter, Carrie Laeotta Hetrick, married Samuel Irvan Brosius. This is my maternal line. Any help appreciated. Looking for Miranda Smith do of Philip Smith and Sarah Bobb of Washington Twp. and desendents of Daniel B Smith so of Philip Smith and Sarah Bobb..
- DICKEY, ELLENBERGER, PEARCE, PEIRCE, PIERCE posted by Twila Smith on Thursday, September 3, 1998
- Seeking ancestry and descendants of these families with connections to Winslow twp. Young, Bell twp. and adjoining townships. William P. DICKEY 1861-1910 m. Emma C. ELLENBERGER 1866-1918. Were parents of Wm. P.- James DICKEY 1818-1892 and wife Elizabeth-what was her maiden name? Were parents of Emma E. ELLENBERGER Dickey?-Frank ELLENBERGER bca. 1837 and wife Barbara- what was her maiden name? AndrewPIERCE bca. 1850 - 1855 were his parents Edward and Margaret PIERCE? What was maiden name of Margaret PIERCE? Who did Andrew Pierce marry? Mary on census b. July 1858 wife of Andrew. Need death dates and cemeteries for Andrew and Edward PIERCE. Was James DICKEY b. 1818 son of Solomon DICKEY? Any death dates on Solomon DICKEY and first wife Dorotha? Where did DICKEY ELLENBERGERand PIERCE families migrate from? Find Pierce spelled PEIRCE and PEARCE..
- BARINGER, DAUGHERTY, MCCLURE posted by Mary Boyd on Saturday, September 5, 1998
- I'm researching a variety of surnames in Eldred, Jefferson Co, PA from the late 1830s to abt 1868. I'm trying to find any information on the children of George BARINGER and Sarah McCLURE DAUGHERTY BARINGER. In the 1850 census, George was 64 and his wife, Sarah, was 62. Sarah had at least one daughter by her first husband (John Daugherty). The daughter's name was Eliza Jane Daugherty and she was married to Christopher McNeil. Eliza was born 1809 in PA and died 1879 in Tama Co, Iowa. If you have any connecting information please contact me at email@example.com. Thanks..
- CALDWELL, COCHRAN, KATZ, MCCRACKEN posted by Mary Boyd on Saturday, September 5, 1998
- I'm researching the COCHRAN surname for Eldred, Jefferson Co, PA from 1830s to 1868. The father's and mother's given names and birth dates are: James (b. 1805 PA, d. 1851, PA); Elizabeth "Betsy" KATZ Cochran (b. 1807 PA, d. 1868, PA). Their childrens' given names are: Mary (b. 1828) m. Hugh MCCRACKEN; Margaret Jane (b. 1829) m. J. CALDWELL; George (b. 1830); James (b. 1831)m. Jane; Aaron Carr (b. 1834; d. 1910) married Nancy E. McNEIL; Ellen (b. 1835); Jonathan (b. 1837); Elizabeth (b. 1839); Ellenor (b. 1841); Euphemia (b. 1843)..
- BAXTER, HELLER, HOFFMAN, LIMP, MARTIN, MCBRIDE, MCMANAMA, MINEWEASER, MINNICK, PHELAN, SONGER, WHITE, WOODS posted by Kate Micco on Saturday, September 5, 1998
- In Jefferson Co. Surname Lists Decendants And Marraiges Of Jacob Hoffmann & Mary Josepha Reiter B.10/12/1815...................B.12/15/1825 D.04/28/1891...................D.04/24/1901 Married 09/12/1841 This Couple Lived Mostly In Brookville And Had 12 Children My Surname Lists Contain The Names Of Decendant Maiden Names The Towns They Lived In Where Brookville,Baxter,Reynoldsville,Warsaw,Rose,St. Mary'S And Eldred All Ofjefferson Co.
- TAYLOR posted by Mary Taylor Oldham on Sunday, September 6, 1998
- I am looking for family history on Libeus or Lebbeus Clark Taylor born on July 11, 1845 in Jefferson County, Pa. He later moved to Juda Wisconsin where he signed up for duty in the Civil War in 1861. He served in Tennessee and was mustered out in San Antonio Texas with a rank of Corporal in 1865. He settled around Elk City and Independence Kansas where he married Margaret (Mary) Morrison on Jan 1, 1867. She died in 1877. He married Susan Anne Crimm in 1885 in Elk City Kansas and later moved to near Branson Missouri. Susan Ann Crimm Taylor died in 1908. He moved to West Plains Missouri and married Nancy Stallcup where he lived until his death in 1927. He was a member of the Seventh Day Adventist Faith. His ten children were: Clara Edith Taylor (Oct 7, 1867), Charles Ernest Taylor (Feb. 12, 1869), Frank Melton Taylor (Jan 27, 1871), Burton Allen Taylor (Jan 22, 1873), William Chester Taylor (April 4, 1874, Elgia Aletha Taylor (March 20, 1886), Elsie Hazel Taylor (Feb 4, 1888), Ivan Crimm Taylor (April 10, 1890), Elvia Mae Taylor (June 7, 1892), John Herman Taylor (Aug 30, 1894). I have photos and more information and would like to share with other Taylors. We have lost track of the first five children by his first marriage and would like to re-connect with those families. .
- CRIMM, MORRISON, TAYLOR posted by Mary Taylor Oldham on Friday, September 11, 1998
- I am looking for information on my great-grandfather, Libeus or Libbeus Clark Taylor. He was born July 11, 1845 in either southern Wisconsin or Jefferson County Pennsylvania/ He enlisted to serve in the Civil War in 1861 in Juda WI and mustered out in 1865 in San Antonio TX. He was married to Margaret (Mary) A. Morrison on Jan. 1, 1867 in either Wisconsin or Elk City or Independence Kansas. She was born Nov 21, 1845 and died Sept 6, 1877. Children were: Clara Edith Taylor, Charles Ernest Taylor, Frank Melton Taylor, Burton Allen Taylor, and William Chester Taylor. Libeus Taylor's second wife was Susan Anne Crimm. They married in Elk City Kansas March 26, 1885. She was born July 16, 1855 and died Feb 28, 1908 in Taney County Missouri. Children were: Elgia Aletha Taylor, Elsie Hazel Taylor, Ivan Crimm Taylor, Elvia Mae Taylor, and John Herman Taylor. His third wife was Nancy Stallcup of West Plains Missouri. They married in 1909. No children as far as I know..
- FULLER, MEANS posted by Robert Newsome on Saturday, September 12, 1998
- John Means died 1901 in Jefferson Co. He was the son of John Means and Elizabeth Bose/Bows. He was married to Elizabeth Fuller. Looking for information on the Fuller and Means families..
- BOWMAN, FULLER, GIBSON, MEANS, MORRIS posted by Robert Newsome on Saturday, September 12, 1998
- Obed Morris died 1882 in Jefferson Co. He was married to Mary Bowman. Looking for the names/dates of their children. Theodore Morris was a son. He died 1906 in Jefferson Co. and was married to Matilda Gibson. Also looking for the names/dates of their children. Thanks.
- BRADEN, HARVEY, MOATS posted by Michelle Kremer on Monday, September 14, 1998
- I have a family from Jefferson County, Pennsylvania by the name of Joseph Harvey and Margaret Braden. Joseph father's name was Frederick and mother was Margaret Russell. I'm looking for information about this family. Thank you for your help.
- CHRISTIE, MENCER, MENSOR, MENTZER, MINCER posted by Twila Smith on Wednesday, September 16, 1998
- Seeking descendants of Mary Christie m. 1837 Brookville to Samuel Mentzer. Mentzer name spelled several different ways. Family story is they had several children and moved to Clearfield co. No trace of family in Clearfield co. census, courthouse records. Did family go west? father died?, mother remarried? Did this Mensor family have daughters or other relatives in Jefferson county? How are all of these families of Mentzer, Mensor, Minser, etc. connected? Name appears in Brookville, Corsica and Punxsutawney area records prior to 1900..
- CAMPBELL, CAYLOR, KREICHER, LOVE, REED, ROBINSON, SHEA, VANLEER posted by Toni Richard Turk on Monday, September 21, 1998
- Hance Elliott ROBINSON was born abt 1834 in Bolivar, Westmoreland, PA. He married Susan REED 14 Oct 1852 in Jefferson Co., PA. Susan was born 23 Jun 1827 in Sprankle Mills, Jefferson, PA, daughter of William REED and Barbara VANLEER. Susan bore eight children -- three surviving to adulthood. These were: William Irwin, who married Anna J. CAMPBELL; Mary Arminta, who married Edward SHEA; and George G., who married (1) Emma E. KREICHER and (2) Annie A. KREICHER. Two children who died young were Milton and Hickox. The latter was handicapped and was reared by the CAYLOR family.
Hance Elliott ROBINSON disappeared about 1867-1868. Nothing more was ever heard from him by his family. Geraldine LOVE stated that he was a preacher.
Would love to hear from anyone connected in anyway with this family..
- COY, SMOUSE posted by Rhonda Jennings on Saturday, September 26, 1998
- Looking for anyone who can identify who the parents of Joseph Coy are..
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Jefferson County Genealogy Project
(c) Jefferson County Genealogy Project