- LODER posted by Alva L. Van Houten on Saturday, May 2, 1998
- William LODER and wife Sylvana or Lovina. They were living in Jefferson County, Pa during 1860 & 1870 census. I suspect they moved after 1870. Can anyone help me with where they went after 1870?
- BENNETT, MCKAY, NULF posted by Margaret Wright on Friday, May 8, 1998
- LAWRENCE NULF (B)1785 in Northampton Cty, wife MARY ANN? living in Armstrong County in 1830 census, living in Rose Twp, Jefferson Cty. looking for Mary Ann's family name & family. JAMES BENNETT (B)1810 Westmoreland cty, wife Catherine EDWARDS (b) 1811, living in Jefferson Cty, Washington Twp. in 1860 census, looking for info on Catherine's family. WALTER McKAY(B) 1841 Scotland, wife Christina HILL (B) 1845 living in Jefferson Cty, Beechtree in 1900.
- CARBERRY, MURRAY posted by Michelle Crillo on Saturday, May 9, 1998
- I am researching the CARBERRY and MURRAY families from Brookville, Jefferson County. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
- BAXTER, GUCKAMOSE, HOFFMAN, HOFFMANN posted by Kate Micco on Saturday, May 9, 1998
- ANYONE WITH INFORMATION ON THESE NAMES AFTER ABOUT 1836 PLEASE NOTIFY ......WILLING TO SHARE INFO......
- KELICHNER, KELLAR, KELLICHNER, KUNTZ, WINGERT posted by Paul Crow on Sunday, May 10, 1998
- Searching for descendants of George and Katherine KELLER. Two of their children were Abraham KELLAR and Magdalene KELLAR. Abraham was born about 1813 and married Margaret WINGERT, b. about 1823. Their children were Cahterine KELLAR b about 1853 who married Emanuel M. KUNTZ and resided in Gaskill Twp., Jefferson Co. Isaac KELLER.was born about 1851. Magdalene KELLAR married George KELICHNER. Their children were Elizabeth KELICHNER, Samuel KELICHNER, b 1840, G.W.KELICHNER, b 1842, and Joseph KELICHNER, b 1855. I'd like to hear from anyone who has information on any of these individuals..
- BROCKWAY, KUNTZ, OCONNER, THOMPSON posted by Kevin Thompson on Sunday, May 10, 1998
- Seeking information on siblings and descendants of William E. Thompson. He was born 1863 in York County, PA or Harford County, Maryland.
William married Minnie O'Conner on 24 October 1890. She had a son, Clair O'Conner, prior to marrying William Thompson. Her parents were Nelson and Sarah O'Conner. We suspect William had 4 - 5 children. We know of a daughter Elsie Thompson.
Elsie married Millard W. Brockway of Crown, PA in 1922 (she was 19 years old). Millard's parents were Walker and Maggie (Dalerra) Brockway.
Parents of William E. Thompson were Sylvester and Rebecca J. (Johnson) Thompson. They married in 1859 in Chanceford Township, York Co, PA. Sylvester was originally from Harford County, Maryland. Sylvester and his brother James Thompson purchased land in 1869 in Knox Township, Jefferson Co, PA. May have been in the area prior to that. Another brother (of Sylvester), William Thompson (married Mary Margaret Miller in Hopewell Township in York Co, PA), was in the Jefferson County area before James and Sylester.
Rebecca died in March 1892. Sylvester married Maggie Kuntz in September 1892.
- CARR posted by Jennifer Carr on Tuesday, May 12, 1998
- HI. looking for ARTHUR BONNIECASTLE CARR..buried near(?) Brooksville Jefferson County. I understand he is buried with his wife(family?) maiden name unknown. Also interested in any family history name CARR.
- LANE posted by Ken McMinn on Tuesday, May 12, 1998
- Looking for information on Norman B. LANE Born: 1-20-1820 Died: 2-18-1907-Brockway,PA. owned and operated a saw mill in Potters Co. but lived in Brockway. married 1-20-1846 to Mary Angeline RICE,any help would be appreciated,Thank You. .
- RIBER, RIVER, RIVERS posted by James Rivers on Tuesday, May 12, 1998
- Seeking any info on the surname RIVER/RIVERS/RIBER in Jefferson and neighboring counties.
- ANDERSON, ELSWORTH, EWING posted by Paul Anderson on Wednesday, May 13, 1998
- I am working on a family history concentrating on the Anderson line. My great grandfather was named Edward Elsworth Anderson and is buried supposedly in Reynoldsville,PA (Jefferson County). At the time of his death in 1906, he was living in Wilkinsburg,PA with his wife Mary Ewing Anderson and their children. After he died, Mary moved the family to Punxutawney.They had 5 children: Edward Clair Anderson (my grandfather), Kay Anderson, Craig(died as a baby),Leroy (Dutch) Anderson and James (Jimmy) Anderson. If anyone knows anything about my relatives,I would greatly appreciate it. It is still unclear where my great grand father,Edward(Edwin) Elsworth Anderson was born. His death certificate says that he was born in Brooklyn,New York, but after several exhaustive searches I could not find one on microfilm. I'll take any leads that I can get. Thanks..
- BECK, FRANEY, SWAB posted by Philip Moyer on Wednesday, May 13, 1998
- My g-grandmother, Barbara (FRANEY) SWAB b 1846 in Reynoldsville, Jefferson County and d Oct 29, 1919. She was married to David John BECK b 1840 d. 1905. I have found very little on the SWAB side of the family. Any assistance would be appreciated.
- WILAND posted by Dorothy Wiland on Wednesday, May 13, 1998
- Searching WILAND family. My William Wiland b. somewhere in PA 1785 d in Allegany,MD. Thanks Dorothy.
- HONADLE, ROWE posted by Debi Russell on Friday, May 15, 1998
- I am looking for family information on George B. Honadle and Mary Louise Rowe Honadle, my great grand parents. I beleive that they lived and died in Brookville, Jefferson Co., Pa. My grandmother Helen Honadle (b 4/23/1903) was born in Brookville. I would appreciate any help. Thank you..
- CRAIG posted by Diana Fitzsimons on Sunday, May 17, 1998
- Jesse Samuel Craig, born 1Nov1865 in Jefferson Co., Pa. His parents were Samuel and Maroa Craig. Looking for Samuel and Maroa's birthdates, birthplaces and marriage dates, Maroa's maiden name, names of any other children besides Jesse. Thanks..
- CALHOUN posted by Brenda Calhoun on Monday, May 18, 1998
- Jefferson County Calhoun, Charles Edward
- GUNNS, HAINES, HOY, NOGROSKI posted by William Nogroski on Monday, May 18, 1998
- Searching for family of Jessie (Haines) Gunns, my great grandmother who lived most of her life in Reynoldsville, Jefferson County, and Vernus (Hoy) Gunns, my grandmother, who lived in Reynoldsville, Jefferson County. Jessie Gunns was a Haines from Clarion County. Vernus Gunns was apparently related to a Hoy family in Clearfield and/or Centre Counties..
- ANTHONY, ENTERLINE, GEARHEART, MAUK, MEADE, MURPHY, MYERS, VASBINDER posted by Dennis Cass on Wednesday, May 20, 1998
- Looking for the descendants of Daniel ENTERLINE (b:May 25, 1813, d:Aug. 2, 1872) who moved to Jefferson Co. around 1840 from Daulphin Co. His children were: Luzzetta Ann ANTHONY, Hannah Elizabeth GEARHART(wife of Samuel GEARHART), George Washington ENTERLINE, Martha Malinda MURPHY, Daniel Bitterman ENTERLINE, Lucinda FULTON, Philip Martin ENTERLINE, Susanna GRUBBS and Samuel Shives ENTERLINE.
I am especially looking for descendants of his son Daniel Bitterman ENTERLINE (b:Sept. 2, 1847 in Oliver Twp., d:Oct. 10, 1902) and would like to obtain information on the family and ancestory of his wife Margaret MAUK (b:Oct. 16, 1853 in Sprankle Mills, d:May 4, 1922). The names of Daniel Bitterman and Margaret's children are: Isaac M. ENTERLINE, Arabelle VASBINDER (wife of George VASBINDER), John Martin ENTERLINE, Wesley Samuel ENTERLINE, Daniel Webster ENTERLINE, Lucinda Elmeda MEADE (wife of George MEADE), Edwin Gleason ENTERLINE, Farry (Fred) Marshall ENTERLINE..
- BAXTER posted by Kate Micco on Wednesday, May 20, 1998
- Looking for Baxter Family in Baxter Pa.....History of town.
- CALLEN, DAVIS, FAUST, GRUBER, GRUVER, GUMBERT, KAHLE, KATZ, KING, LOBAUGH, REINARD posted by Marsha Allen on Friday, May 22, 1998
- Andrew Jacob GRUBER/GRUVER (1826-1903) had 2 wives, Elizabeth REINARD (1825-1870) and Salome REINARD (1841-1934)and their family lived in Sigel, Jefferson Co, PA. Children were: 1)Susanna (1849-1876) md W. Scott KATZ; 2)George Wm. (1854-1876) md Melissa ?; 3)John Milton (1853-1936) md Kate/Jenny KAHLE; 4)Mosiah (1855-?)unmd; 5)Kate Mariah Catherine (1857-1923) md James KING; 6)Sarah (1861-1861); 7)Mary Matilda (1865-1932) md. Henry CALLEN; 8)David Henry (1872-1920) unmd; 9)Benjamin F. (1876-1878); 10)Jesse Rinard (1880-1946) md Minerva Priscilla GOBLE; 11)Minola Ola Belle (1885-1971) md Thomas Jackson DAVIS. I am seeking descendants of all of these children and information about Elizabeth & Salome Reinard (I do know they were sisters). Thanks!.
- CONSER, LYONS, SPRAGUE, WELCH, WELSH, WOOD posted by Twila Smith on Friday, May 22, 1998
- Seeking information on all Sprague descendants and these Sprague daughters and their families of Winslow township or Reynoldsville area as follows: Anna Sprague bca. 1805 m. Oliver Welsh sometimes spelled Welch. Hannah Sprague b. 1826 m. Clark Lyons. Mary E. Sprague b. 1836 m. Maj. John C. Conser of 105 Regt. C.W. (killed Civil War} Viola Alice Sprague bca. 1860 d/o Hiram Sprague m. J.W. Wood What was maiden name of Matilda wife of Hiram Sprague-died Civil War..
- STAHL posted by Jim Stahl on Saturday, May 23, 1998
- Seeking info on GEORGE WASHINGTON STAHL, bca 1844, son of Peter and Rebecca [Herring] Stahl. Married to Sarah Wells. Reportedly lived in Porter Twp. after the Civil War . Want to verify his serving in Co F 67th REG PAVOLS.
- ADAMS, DIXON posted by Martha Ware on Monday, May 25, 1998
- I am searching for information on Polly ADAMS of Jefferson County, Pa. born in 1814 married to William DIXON. I have been told that her family is buried in Zion Cemetery, and that they were descended from a brother of Samuel ADAMS of Revolutionary War fame. I need to know who her parents were. She had a sister Lydia who married William's brother John Dixon..
- ALTMAN posted by Mary Snyder Shall on Tuesday, May 26, 1998
- I am looking for an obituary for Mary E. Altman and maybe for her daughter, Laura Altman and son-in-law, Harry King in Punxsutawney, Jefferson County. Mary's less than 10 year old grandchildren were living with her in 1900 so I suspect that their parents were sick or dead by that time. Mary may have died between 1900 and 1910. Any help would be appreciated..
- BAUN, FULLER, SMITH posted by Fred Martin on Sunday, May 31, 1998
- Looking for information on George BAUN b 4 July 1869, in Punxsutawney,Jefferson Co, Pa. M Nora FULLER b 1874 to Senith M. SMITH b 14 Aug,1848 Indiana Co and Lewis FULLER, b 1848 Indiana Co. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Also,George and Nora moved to Oregon 1897 Thank you,Fred Martin.
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Jefferson County Genealogy Project
(c) Jefferson County Genealogy Project