- REED posted by Sherry Jesberger on Monday, February 2, 1998
- Does anybody out there know anything about a B.V. Reed who is in Oliver Twp., Jefferson Co., PA on the 1870 census? He was born 1831 in PA, has a wife, Eve, born 1841. Children: Robert J. Reed, born 1864; Daniel Reed, born 10/1866; Norman E. Reed, born 1869; and possibly an Alberton Reed, born 1877. They made their way to Elk Co., PA anyway. I have questions concerning siblings of B. V. Reed, specifically, did he have a sister named Rachel?
- FORSYTHE, GAST, HEITSENRIDER, HENDERSON, HOBBS, MARSHALL, MILBOURN, PIPPIG posted by Darolyn Marshall Mason on Wednesday, February 4, 1998
- I am searching for ancestors/descendants of John Gottlieb PIPPIG b. 1828 Saxony, Germany - d. 1914, m. Dorothea Diane HEITSENRIDER b. 1838 Punxsutawney, Jefferson co, PA - d. 1888. They had 9 children; (1) Lewis Abraham PIPPIG b. 1861 PA - d. 1949 KS (m. Sarah Elizabeth 1861-1930, at least 6 chldrn.). (2) John PIPPIG 1863-1943 (2 chldrn.). (3) Elizabeth 'Lizzie' PIPPIG b. 1865 Punxsutawney, Jefferson co, PA (m. Robert Wynn MILBOURN b. Jonesville? PA, 2 chldrn.). (4) George W PIPPIG 1867-1880. (5) William Gottlieb PIPPIG b. 1869 Jefferson co, PA - d. 1944 KS (m. 1896 KS, Cora HOBBS b. 1874 KS - d. 1935 KS, 3 chldrn.). (6) Charles A PIPPIG b. 1871 Reynoldsville, Jefferson co, PA - d. 1952 (m. 1896 KS, Elizabeth GAST b. IN - d. 1966 (4 chldrn.). (7) Margaret Ann 'Peggy' PIPPIG b. 1873 Punxsutawney, Jefferson co, PA - d. 1959 KS. (8) * Emma Jane PIPPIG b. 1875 Reynoldsville, Jefferson co, PA - d. 1964 CA (m. 1896 KS, Elmer Bertus MARSHALL b. 1864 IN - d. 1949 CA, 6 chldrn! .) (9) Henry K PIPPIG 1879-1880. Elmer Bertus MARSHALL's parents were Joseph 'Joe' MARSHALL b. 1826 OH - d. 1904 KS. His father was from Germany & mother from PA (both unknown). Joseph m. 1860/61 Lydia Spar HENDERSON b. 1831 OH - d. 1927 KS. (Lydia m. 1st bef. 1854 prob. OH, Allen FORSYTHE who died 3 yrs later 1858 Utica OH. Lydia (Lidia) was one of 11 children and her father (Spahr?) & mother were both born in Pennsylvania.) Lydia and Allen had 2 sons..
- GRESOCK, KUZMA, MARGETTA, SARGENT posted by Rose Kuzma on Saturday, February 7, 1998
- Rose Kuzma writes Kuzma settled in Delancy about 1902 then moved in 1907 to Sagamore in Indiana Co.
- ANGLES, MINEWEASER posted by Nathan Zipfel on Saturday, February 7, 1998
- Wish to coorespond with descendents of Jacob Mineweaser b November 02, 1824 and died February 03, 1916 in Brookville and Scholastica Miller Angles Mineweaser b Abt. 1817 and died December 18, 1888 in Brookville. They had the following children:
Anna b 1852
Mary Magdaline b 1854
Peter b. 1856
Michael b 1859.
- ALLEN, CAMPBELL, GEIST, HUGHES, WILLETS posted by Nathan Zipfel on Saturday, February 7, 1998
- Wish to coorespond with descendents of James F Geist b December 5, 1865 Worthville, died 15 May 1944 and wife L.D. Allen born 8 July 1874 Clarion County, died 1945. They had three daughters, Electra, Arlene and Helen. Electra was married to Howard HUGHES of Spencer West Virginia, another married to Orin CAMPBELL of Clendenin West Virginia and the last daughter was married to a Harry WILLETS of Wilkinsburg..
- HIMES, NYE, SWAB posted by Philip Moyer on Sunday, February 8, 1998
- My maternal Gr-grandmother was Barbara Franey Swab (1846-1919) m. David John Beck (1840-1905) of Jefferson and Armstrong County, PA. This is the first message that I have been able to locate about the Swab name. Does Barbara show up on any of your family tree limbs? If so, I would appreciate any information that you can forward to me either though E-mail or if necessary, I will give you my address for snail-mail. ASt the very least, thank you for this post. It is encouraging to know there are others checking out the Swab family.
- WALMER posted by Beverly Walmer Wyld on Monday, February 9, 1998
- Looking for information on the WALMER families of Jefferson Co.Pa. They are connected to the WALMERS in Lebanon Co..
- GEORGE, MAY posted by Janet Hoover on Tuesday, February 10, 1998
- Looking for information on GEORGE & MAY families from Jefferson Co. My ggg grandfather James Harvey MAY married Sarah A GEORGE on May 31 1858 in Brookville PA. Her parents were Samuel & Sarah GEORGE. James & Sarah had at least 5 children, possibly more only could get census information from 1880 forward. Children listed that I know of are Ida born abt 1865, Ann born abt 1867, Bell (my gg grandmother) born June 1873, Mabel born abt 1875 & Phillip born abt 1880. James & Sarah divorced & remarried & relocated to South Norfolk Co, VA in 1894. Any information that anyone could help me with would be greatly be appreciated..
- LUKEMIRES posted by Mona Perry on Thursday, February 12, 1998
- I'm sure this is a long shot but I'm taking a chance, has anyone seen or heard of this surname in any of their researches. I am unable to locate it anywhere. Thanks.
- BURDICK, GREELEY, GREELY posted by Linnea on Friday, February 13, 1998
- I am looking for more information on 4 brothers that lived in Eldred Township, Jefferson County, during at least the mid 1800's. Daniel, David J, Jonathan and Jeremiah GREELY or GREELEY were in the 1860, 1870 and 1880 census. They were originally from New York (possibly Yates County). Their mother's name was Abiah and their father's may have been David. I am descended from their sister, Mercy Jane who married Orrin BURDICK of McKean County. Any information would be appreciated!
- ANGLES, BRENNEMAN, CAMPSEY, PHILLIPS, RICHARDS, SONGER, STEWART, ZIPFEL posted by Nathan Zipfel on Friday, February 13, 1998
- Wish to coorespond with descendent of John Jacob Zipfel b 18 Dec 1828 Baden Germany married to Catherine Romer 1836-1860 Brookville and Catherine Angles B 1 Nov 1842 died 13 Feb 1920 Brookville. John and Catherine Romer had the following children:
Herman Zipfel 1859-1900 married to Louise Wank
Magdaline Zipfel b 1859 married Phillip Richards
Mary Anna Zipfel b 1861
John and Catherine Angles had the following children:
John Jacob 15 Oct 1865 died 19 Dec 1951 married to Annie Stronile
Anna b 27 Oct 1867 died 1 Nove 1950 married to Peter Songer 1854-1934
Mary b 16 Feb 1870 died 4 Feb 1954 married to James Songer 1863 - 1951
Gertrude b 23 Sep 1872 died 1963 married Otto PHILLIPS
Emma b 6 July 1885 died 3 Apr 1933 married William Stewart 1887-1988
Albert b 29 July 1889 died 10 Mar 1957 married Mae BRENNEMAN 1892-1967
- MYERS, NEES posted by Mary Ellen Ponzio on Monday, February 16, 1998
- Looking for any information on my grandfather, Robert Kinsley MYERS. Believed born in Punxsutawney in August between the years 1905-1911. Married Natalia NEES in Indiana County around 1929 and moved to Pgh,PA. Had two children, Nancy and Natalie (Cookie) in 1932 & 1934. Not seen since 1935. Thank you!.
- RYAN, WILSON posted by Linda on Friday, February 20, 1998
- I am searching for information about James Wilson (died 1904, Cherry Tree, PA) married Clara Mathers (1855-1931) Children:
Annie L. 1881-? married James Ryan
James 1883-1966 married Elizabeth Connerby
Elizabeth 1885-? married Lewis Longnecker
Clara L. 1887-? married James B. Lydick
Richard 1890-? married Elcena P.
Roxie M. 1902-? married Roy McMohan
Any info. about this family would be greatly appreciated.
- BROCIOUS, HINDERLITER, HOLBEN, REARICK, RERICK posted by Ann Monrad on Saturday, February 21, 1998
- Charles RERICK, (REARICK) born 1886 in Brookville, Jefferson Co.Pa, a son of John RERICK (REARICK) and Emma BROCIOUS married Mabe HOLBEN and died in Erie County Pa in March 1967. In the 1900 Census Jefferson Co he was listed with a John J HINDERLITER and wife Emma as a step-son, John and Emma had been married 16 years and Charles's name was spelled REARICK so the spelling changed sometime after he left home. I am currently compiling an extensive book on the REARICK family and I have no record of a John REARICK who could be his father. If anyone has info on the BROCIOUS or REARICK family I would appreciate hearing from them. Thanks for your help. Annie.
- QUINLISK posted by Bill Dwyer on Tuesday, February 24, 1998
- Looking for information about Mary Quinlisk, wife of James. She lived near Punxsutawney in the 1920's and was born to Cornelius Dwyer and Mary Bogan..
- KELCHNER, KELICHNER, KELLAR posted by Paul Crow on Friday, February 27, 1998
- I'm looking for information on a Daniel Kelichner who married Magdalene Kellar. Their children were Joseph, b. about 1855, Samuel, Elizabeth and G.W, born about 1842. G.W. married Elizabeth Brown and had daughters Sara and Ella. Magdelene Kellar is a granddaughter of Geroge Kellar, Revolutionary War soldier from PA. They resided in Jefferson and Clearfield Counties. Is there a cemetary in Luthersburg at Twin Churches?.
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Jefferson County Genealogy Project
(c) Jefferson County Genealogy Project