- COLLIER, COLLYER, GOSS, HUTCHISON, LOWNES, STRETCH posted by Robert Collier on Friday, September 5, 1997
- Seaching for family members COLLIER, COLLYER and other spellings. Also GOSS and HUTCHISON and other spellings. They settle in Western Pennsylvania, Butler, Clarion, Jefferson, Allegeheny, Westmoreland, Fayette counties. I have some 1,200 names in my data base Family Tree Maker 4.0 and will share with family. COLLIER aprox. 600 names, GOSS some 300 names, HUTCHISON over 300 names. I am stuck and missing one link going back to 1660. COLLIER, Thomas DOB 1660 in Nottingham, England, married LOWNES, Hannah (daughter of LOWNES, Hugh and STRETCH, Jane) COLLIER, Thomas settle in Philadelphia, PA bvefore going to Western PA. Would appreciate nany help. Will share my data base with family.
- AGNEW, WESTBROOK posted by Nancy Agnew Peche' on Friday, September 5, 1997
- WESTBROOK, Levi. Wife: Catharine ?. Brother: Richard WESTBROOK m. Lydia ?. Daughter: Elizabeth WESTBROOK m. ? AGNEW. Letters of Administration were granted to Catharine WESTBROOK, wife of Levi WESTBROOK, late of Huntingdon Twp., Huntingdon County on May 20, 1797. Levi WESTBROOK was listed in the 1790 Census living in Mifflin County. I'm seeking the names of his other children, the maiden name of Catharine WESTBROOK and the first name of ? AGNEW husband of Elizabeth WESTBROOK, daughter of Levi WESTBROOK.
- ALLISON, CRANE posted by Phil Roseberry on Saturday, September 6, 1997
- ALLISON, William, was b. 9 Jan 1794 in Potters Twp., Miflin Co. He was baptized in Northumberland Co. by Rev. James Martin. William married Sarah CRANE b. 22 Sep 1798. Looking for William ALLISON's parents and siblings.
- DAVISON, DAWSON, HUGHES, KELLEY, LUCAS, MCKEE posted by Twila Smith on Saturday, September 6, 1997
- HUGHES,DAVISON,MCKEE,KELLEY,LUCAS Seeking descendants of William and Elizabeth DAWSON HUGHES of Westmoreland county, Pa. who settled in Union, Rose and Eldred Twp. in 1820's-30's. 23 Grandchildren of William HUGHES settled in Jefferson county including- Margaret HUGHES m. Samuel DAVISON, Jane HUGHES m. JOHN HUGHES, Thomas B. HUGHES m. Mary HUGHES, Lavina HUGHES m. William McKEE, Rachel HUGHES m. William KELLEY, Eliza Hughes m. Samuel LUCAS, Joseph HUGHES, Samuel B. HUGHES, Isaac D. HUGHES, Alexander G. HUGHES.
- MAITLAND, METTLEN, METTLIN, NESBITT posted by Nancy Yaxley on Saturday, September 6, 1997
- Searching SAMUEL METTLEN/METTLIN. He lived in Bucks County and later moved to Mifflin Co. His daughter Sarah (Sally) Mettlin married William NESBITT, b. about 1777. Sarah was born 1781 or 1789. William Nesbitt died in 1828 in Mifflin Co. They had children: Samuel, William, Elizabeth, James L., Martha, and perhaps Washington N. Children were born in Mifflintown (now Juniata Co but formerly Mifflin Co.) Name was also spelled MAITLAND and ALEXANDER MAITLAND may have been Samuel's father. Would like to know where Samuel was born and when the family came to this country and whether from Ireland or Scotland. Would also like to know more about WILLIAM NESBITT.
- BUCKLEY, SANFORD posted by Jim Curry on Tuesday, September 9, 1997
- James BUCKLEY was married to Hannah SANFORD and lived in Perry Twp in 1850 I would like to know who they were decended from and from whence they came.
- GRAHAM, KATZ, PRESTON posted by Patricia Royer on Saturday, September 13, 1997
- I am looking for more information on Peter KATZ who I found in your biography section. He was born in Eldred Twp, in 1833 and was married to Lovisa PRESTON, daughter of Jeptha T. and Jane (GRAHAM) PRESTON. His daughter Ida Agnes was my husband's great grandmother. Would also like more information on the Prestons if there is any.
- DAUBENSPECK, SMATHERS posted by Patricia Royer on Saturday, September 13, 1997
- I am looking for information on Isaac SMATHERS - saw you have information for this area on DAUBENSPECK and SMATHERS that I believe tie into him. He was my great great grandfather.
- BISH posted by Larry Bish on Thursday, September 18, 1997
- BISH , I am collecting data on all familys with our name as to tie together. Any help or questions are appreciated. Thanks.
- KEENE, LONG, MCCORD, WINSLOW posted by Cindy Scherwinski on Wednesday, September 24, 1997
- Can you help me sort out my WINSLOW research? I'm looking for descendants of John Walden WINSLOW (1825-?) and Sarah WINSLOW (1832- 1902). John and Sarah were cousins married in 1853 in Gaskill Township, PA. John Walden Winslow, son of Carpenter WINSLOW and Beulah KEENE. Sarah daughter of Joseph Wood WINSLOW and CHRISTINA LONG. Sarah's obituary in 1902 lists survivors as two sons and three daughters. Also "one son, frank WINSLOW, died last fall at their home in Gaskill township". I know of two children of Joseph Winslow and Christina Long - Mary Emma WINSLOW (1864-1932) and Rubin C. WINSLOW (1867-1955). Mary Emma married Myron H. MCCORD 1904. Rubin married Eleanor A. (two children; Myron M and Willes W). Rubin and his family and Mary Emma are all buried in Fairmount Cemetery in Denver, CO. I'm anxious to exchange any information and will be appreciative of any assistance.
- FORD, SHANE posted by Sally Johnson on Thursday, September 25, 1997
- I have an obituary that states that one of my great, great uncles was born in Jefferson, Co. PA, in the year of 1837. His name was James Henry SHANE. His parents were George D. SHANE and Sarah Ann FORD. He also had a sister, Hester, that was born in PA also, maybe in Jefferson Co. She was born in 1834. They moved from here shortly after James was born, as they had a son, William Dexter SHANE born in OH in the year of 1838. Any advice or information would be appreciated
- FORD, SHANE posted by Sally Johnson on Friday, September 26, 1997
- I am trying to locate information on my great grandfather. His name was George D. SHANE. He is listed on the 1830 census as living in Fayette Co.. I have no idea of his parents names or if he had any brothers or sisters. He was born in VA in 1809. He married a Sarah Ann FORD and they had two children while living in PA. Their first born was a daughter that they named Hester. She was born in 1834. They had a son that they named James Henry SHANE in 1837 and according to an obituary that I have of his, he was born in Jefferson Co.. They had their next son, William Dexter SHANE in 1938 in Ashland Co., OH. They had four more children in OHIO. They were, Thomas Benton SHANE b. in 1841, Samuel Jefferson SHANE b.1845, Nelson b.1848, and Mary M. b.1850. George D. SHANE died about 1852 when he went to CA for the Gold Rush. Most of his family remained in OHIO for most of their lives from what I have found, except for Samuel, who moved to SD and stayed there until his death in 1925. PLEASE HELP if you know or even think you might have some infor- mation on this family.
- HAYES, HOWE posted by Leslie Karpolorich on Monday, September 29, 1997
- I am tying to find the death of my Great-Great Grandmother Elizabeth Delight HAYES HOWE. She was living in Bridgeton, N. J. in 1910 with her son Walter HOWE, on the 1915 census she was living with daughter heer in Bridgeton as her son Walter had moved to 205 1/2 Woodland Ave., Punxsutawney, Pa. We can not find her here on the 1920 census or buried in any of our Cemeteries here. We thought she might have gone out to live with her son and died and was buried out in Punxsutawney. If some one could help me look for her in a cemetery in Punxsutawney or an Obit in the paper. Thank you for your help and time. Leslie M. Karpolorich
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Jefferson County Genealogy Project
(c) Jefferson County Genealogy Project