- GGG, SOWERS posted by Nancy Alexander on Wednesday, June 4, 1997
- SOWERS-I am searching for any information on my GGG Grandfather, Benjamin SOWERS who was born in 1809 in Jefferson County. I do not know his parents names but I believe his parents may have originated from Lycoming County in the late 1700's or early 1800. I have more information regarding Benjamin in Jefferson county but am trying to gather information on Benjamin's parents.Any information helpful!
- TIMBLIN, WATTS posted by Rose Mendes on Saturday, June 7, 1997
- Ancestors and descendents of John TIMBLIN and Nancy WATTS. One son c.1876,possibly Bill or William, first Postmaster of Timblin,PA Thank you.
- FULTON, HENERY, LONDON, POLLARD posted by Percy London on Tuesday, June 10, 1997
- We are searching the HENERY, FULTON, and POLLARD families from Clarion County. Cochran FULTON, SR. was the owner & operator of Washington Furnace. His son Washington FULTON was born in Monroe Township Clarion Countty. He had a gristmill at Reidsburg where he died in 1879, age 62. He married Rachel POLLARD. There were probably other children of Cochran, seeking their names and info. A child may have been Mary FULTON b. c. 1810 who married James L. HENERY in 1832 in Sligo. Maybe Mary & James HENERY had a daughter Mary Jane HENERY who married Isaac LONDON in 1858 and lived in Jefferson County. The above Washington FULTON/Rachel POLLARD had a daughter Mary Ann FULTON, b. 1852. She married Isaac's brother Truman LONDON JR. and they also lived in Jefferson County. Need details and confirmation of the above. Thanks for any help. Lori & Percy London, near Atlanta.
- COON, GOURLEY, IRVIN, LEWIS, MARSHALL, MCCLELLAND, MCGREGOR, MCHENRY, MEANS, NEIL, NEWCOME posted by Beverley Stiver Hotton on Monday, June 16, 1997
- James MCCLELLAND 1777-1857 was an early settler in Porter Township. In 1803 he was in the SW part of the township. He married Elizabeth MARSHALL 1804 and was the son of Daniel and Ellen MCCLELLAND. Related surnames NEWCOME; MCHENRY; MEANS; COON; IRVIN; GOURLEY; LEWIS; NEIL and MCGREGOR
- CAMPBELL, ZUFALL posted by Kristie Kuzniar on Wednesday, June 18, 1997
- I need info on the CAMPBELL and ZUFALL families. My ggr grandfather, Daniel CAMPBELL, married Charlotte ZUFALL (from Somerset Co.) c.1880-1890. Sometime after that, they migrated to Jefferson Co., and their daughter Dora was born in 1899 in Punxatawney. Dora was my great-grandmother. They eventually ended up in Fayette Co. I would like to find out if Daniel CAMPBELL was from Somerset Co., and if so, any info I can gather about his family. Thank you.
- SMITH posted by Robin Smith on Sunday, June 22, 1997
- I am searching for relatives of Charles & Mary Elizabeth SMITH. Charles and his descendents were residents of Perry Twp. for over 100 years. I have traced Charles in Perry Twp back to the 1840 Census. Charles was born around 1818 and Mary was born around 1824. They had eleven children: Elizabeth (b. 1839), Mary Catherine (b. 1841), Fayetta (b. 1843), Marianna (b. 1847), Manasseh (b. 1849), Adam (b. 1850) Levi T. (b. Oct 1855), Sarah Alice (b. 1855), Lucinda Jane (b. 1860), George W. (b. 1863), and Carrie A. (b. 1866)
- KELLY, STOREY, STORY posted by Kathie Beekman on Monday, June 23, 1997
- Help please with John STOREY(STORY) John STOREY b. 1830 d. after 1890, Wife Sarah KELLY STOREY b. abt 1836 d. 1880, Children Daughters - Anna b. 1855 d. 5 June 1876, Edna(Edie) b. 23 Apr 1857 d. 6 Sept 1912, Jennie(Jane) b. 20 Oct 1867 d. 1956 Son - Jenks or Jenkie b. 1872 I think John, Sarah and Anna(Ann) are buried in Jefferson Co. Any help would be appreciated Thanks Kathie
- HINDERLITER, REARICK, RERICK posted by Ann Monrad on Monday, June 23, 1997
- Am seeking the parents of Charles RERICK-REARICK and his whereabouts after 1920. Charles was living with a HINDERLITER family in the 1900 Census in Jefferson Co and marked as step-son. In the 1910 Census he was married to a Mabel and had two children, John and Ralph. I am writing an extensive genealogy on the REARICK family and I am unable to place Charles and who ever his parents may be. Any information is appreciated. Thanks for your help.
- CRATE, REARICK, REARRICK posted by Ann Monrad on Monday, June 23, 1997
- In the 1900 Jefferson County census Gertrude REARRICK, age 4 years, was living with a Lemuel CRATE family. She was marked granddaughter. By 1910 she was no longer with the CRATE family and Lemuel was a widower. Does any one know who the parents of Gertrude REARICK were? Thank you.
- CLARK, GEER posted by David Davison on Saturday, June 28, 1997
- Please help in the quest for J. R. CLARK from Bookville, Pa. J. R. d. 1919 and had a son named Everette Henry CLARK who married Nancy Ora GEER 6-24-1908. Thanks!
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Jefferson County Genealogy Project
(c) Jefferson County Genealogy Project