Deed, George Kuhnley to Isaac Cable
Deed, Maria Johnson et.al. to George Kuhnley
Deed, John Kuhley to David Pifer
People researching this surname include:
Betty Rudolph Brudo1@aol.com
John Frederick KUHNLEY, b. ca. 1795 in Wuertemburg, Ger., d. after Jan. 1872, prob. in Clearfield Co. PA. He md. Catherine RUDOLPH, b. 11 June 1793 in Westmoreland Co. PA, dau. of John RUDOLPH and Christina MEYERS, d. after Mar 1873. Frederick arrived in the United States on November 4, 1816 aboard the 'Amphitrite' which sailed from Amsterdam, Holland. He is listed as being a baker, age 21. In 1829 he and John PIFER purchased 202 acres of land in Henderson Township, Jefferson Co. for $1 per acre and divided the land between them. Children:
1) Mary (Polly), b. 20 Aug. 1820 in Westmoreland Co., PA, d. 25 May 25, 1903 in New Plymouth, Payette Co., Idaho, md. Samuel SMITH, b. 28 Jan. 1808, son of Jacob and Barbara SMITH, d. 7 May 1898 in Wright Co. MN. Children: David, Sarah, Emmanuel, Barbara, Elvina, Israel, and Margaret Jane.
2) Jane C., b. ca. 1823 in PA, md Samuel BEAM, b. ca. 1820. Children: William, Nancy, and Margaret.
3) George, b. 12 June 1825, d. 9 Dec 1905 in Paonia, Delta Co., CO. He md. on 31 Jan 1850 in Indiana Co., Katherine WORTMANN, b. 24 Jan. 1830 in Hesse-Darmstadt, Ger., dau. of Casper WERTHMANN and Carrie DRIELS, d. 27 May 1900 in Wright Co. MN.
Children: John Adams, Jacob Wortmann, Mary Ellen, George Frederick, David, Margaret Elizabeth, Caroline Barbara, Sarah Christine (Jennie), and Samuel Milton.
4) Margaret, b. ca. 1828 in PA, md. Adam KNARR, b. 17 Mar. 1827 in Bavaria, Ger., son of George KNARR and Louisa WEISGARBER. Children: John, Jacob G., Annie, Lewis, Joseph, Adam, Sadie, Martin, and Milton.
5) John, b. ca. 1830, md. Catherine ________, b. ca. 1832 in Ger.. Children: Ollie, Charles, and John J.
6) Andrew, b. 20 Feb 1832, d. 20 Apr 1908 in Wright Co. MN. md. Catherine Ann VOSS, b. 29 July 1831 in Prussia, immigrated to the United States in 1851, d. 17 Apr 1908. Children: John Peter, Simon Frederick, Pauline W., Henrietta, Lousetta F. and Charles A., Louis E., and an unidentified child who died August 21, 1854.
7) Jacob, b. ca. 1835 in PA, md. Catherine _______, b. ca. 1842 in Prussia. Children: Andrew, George, William, Sarah J., Sussana, Emmanuel, Daniel, Lewis, and Simon.
8) Julian, md. Andrew Miller.
Jefferson County Genealogy Project NOTICE:
In keeping with our policy of providing free information on the Internet, data may be freely used by non-commercial entities, as long as this message remains on all copied material. These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format for profit or other presentation.
Return to Jefferson County Family Folder Page
Return to the Jefferson County Genealogy Project
(c) Jefferson County Genealogy Project