Source History of Jefferson County 1888 page 246
Worthville is eleventh in the date of organization, that date coming on the 25th of June, 1875. Revs. T.S. Leason, A.B. Fields, and James Caldwell officiated and constituted the church with thirty-six members. The first ruling elders were David Harl, J.C. McNutt, and John Lang, Jr. The church has a half interest in connection with the German Reformed Church of the same place, in a very suitable house of worship.
At present Mr. Helm is preaching to them until such time as they can secure a pastor.
- The first pastor was Rev. James Caldwell, who served them for one-fourth of his time from November, 1875, to April, 1877.
- The next pastor was Rev. J.E. Leyda, installed in November, 1877, and released in February, 1880.
- His successor was Rev. J.S. Helm, who was installed in October, 1883, and released in April, 1885.
- During the summer of 1885 it was supplied for one-third time by Mr. A.T. Aller.
Contributed for use by the Jefferson County Genealogy Project http://www.pa-roots.com/jefferson/)
Jefferson County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.
Return to Jefferson County Church Page
Return to the Jefferson County Genealogy Project
(c) Jefferson County Genealogy Project