Source History of Jefferson County 1888 page 246
Brockwayville is number twelve, and was organized by a committee of Presbytery consisting of Rev. J.H. Stewart and T.S. Negley, May 8, 1884. Eleven members constituted the original organization but at the last report made, that number had increased to twenty-eight. Mr. John Cochran was elected and installed ruling elder. They have a neat and comfortable place of worship in a rented hall, and contemplate building in the near future. Brockwayville ought to grow into a strong church.
- Rev. A.B. Fields was stated supply from June, 1884, until the time of his death in October, 1886, and was greatly beloved by his people. Brother Fields was defective in hearing, and was run over by a train, which rendered the amputation of his leg necessary, and finally resulted in his death.
- Rev. Carothers was installed pastor June 29, 1887.
Contributed for use by the Jefferson County Genealogy Project http://www.pa-roots.com/jefferson/)
Jefferson County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.
Return to Jefferson County Church Page
Return to the Jefferson County Genealogy Project
(c) Jefferson County Genealogy Project