Source History of Jefferson County 1888 page 272
This society, which is also on the Ringgold charge, was organized in 1839, by Rev. John Monks, and Wesley Chapel was built in 1854. In 1886 a new and beautiful structure took the place of the old church. It is now called Barton Chapel, in recognition of the persistent efforts of the pastor to secure success in the enterprise. This church has been somewhat weak hitherto, but is now giving promise of considerable success. Rev. W.J. Barton is the preacher of Ringgold charge.
Contributed for use by the Jefferson County Genealogy Project http://www.pa-roots.com/jefferson/)
Jefferson County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.
Return to Jefferson County Church Page
Return to the Jefferson County Genealogy Project
(c) Jefferson County Genealogy Project