Source History of Jefferson County 1888 page 271
In 1816 there were two brothers named Hancock, who were traveling as missionaries, passed through what is now Ringgold township, and preached at the house of David Milliron. There was, after this, preaching occasionally by local preachers until 1852, when regular services were conducted by Rev. G. F. Reeser, who organized a class. In 1853 a church was built by the Methodists and Evangelical Association. The Methodist Episcopal Church at Ringgold has been marked with a good measure of success, and is at present in a fairly prosperous condition.
Contributed for use by the Jefferson County Genealogy Project http://www.pa-roots.com/jefferson/)
Jefferson County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.
Return to Jefferson County Church Page
Return to the Jefferson County Genealogy Project
(c) Jefferson County Genealogy Project