Source History of Jefferson County 1888 pages 273-274
The Reynoldsville charge of the Methodist Episcopal Church has but one regular appointment located in Reynoldsville. This charge, which was formerly a part of the Emerickville circuit, was made a separate charge in 1875, and Rev. W. M. Martin appointed pastor. At the end of two years it was reverted back to the Emerickville circuit and was continued in that relation until 1878, when it was for the second time made a separate charge, with Rev. D.E. Planett, pastor, under whose supervision a good, substantial frame church and parsonage were erected, at a cost of about six thousand dollars, all of which was liquidated under the administration of Mr. Planett. At the expiration of his pastorate Rev. J. C. McDonald was appointed his successor, who after three years of successful labor, was in turn succeeded by Rev. C. Peters, under whose ministry there was conducted a revival of great interest in which three hundred souls were led to inquire the way of salvation, and two hundred and fifty-two united with the M. E. Church on probation. This large increase of membership necessitated the enlargement of the church building, which was speedily brought about at a cost of twenty-two hundred dollars, all of which was provided for on the day of reopening. The church and parsonage are conveniently located, and the church is in a prosperous condition. The Sunday-school has an average attendance of more than two hundred persons.
Contributed for use by the Jefferson County Genealogy Project http://www.pa-roots.com/jefferson/)
Jefferson County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.
Return to Jefferson County Church Page
Return to the Jefferson County Genealogy Project
(c) Jefferson County Genealogy Project