Source History of Jefferson County 1888 page 270
About the year 1847 pastors of the Paradise and Brookville circuit established a preaching place at Knoxdale village, and also one in a log house two miles from Knoxdale. Then the appointment was moved to the Davidson school-house in the same neighborhood. In the year 1872 the two societies were merged into one, and Mead Chapel was built. A great revival of religion followed the dedication of the chapel. The Cavenor family and S. R. Anderson and wife coming into the church gave strength and encouragement to the society. Daniel Sylvis and wife, Elijah Chittester, Nelson Allen and wife were among the first members. The interior of the church has been greatly beautified, and is one of the prettiest audience rooms in that section of the county. The Sabbath-school is under the leadership of S. R. Anderson, who is ably sustained by Messrs. Swineford, Davis, C. Chittester, and others. The religious services are conducted on the Sabbath by the pastor from Emerickville. Mead Chapel is a part of the Emerickville circuit.
Baptism Records 1890 - 1891
Probationers 1890 - 1891
Contributed by Paula Pompeii for use by the Jefferson County Genealogy Project http://www.pa-roots.com/jefferson/)
Jefferson County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.
Return to Jefferson County Church Page
Return to the Jefferson County Genealogy Project
(c) Jefferson County Genealogy Project