Source History of Jefferson County 1888 pages 269-270
The "Moore" Methodist Episcopal Church is located in Pine Creek township, one mile east of the Emerickville post office. The society was organized by Rev. J. T. Boyle in 1838. The names of the first members were Mary Zetler, James F. Moore, Sarah P. Moore, Laura Moore, Emeline Moore, George Zetler, and Elizabeth Zetler. In the year of our Lord 1870, the present house of worship, called the "Moore" church, was erected. The society has continued through prosperity and adversity to the present time. Since the organization of this church, in 1838, the pulpit has been filled by Reverends Boyle, Crum, Graham, Coxson, Crafts, Burton, Bashline, Baker, Groves, Hicks, Frampton, Peete, Felt, Wilkinson, Laverty, Wick, Jones, and the present pastor, W. B. Holt.
Very large revivals were realized under the labors of Reverends Hicks and Baker. The membership now, in 1887, is about fifty.
Contributed for use by the Jefferson County Genealogy Project http://www.pa-roots.com/jefferson/)
Jefferson County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.
Return to Jefferson County Church Page
Return to the Jefferson County Genealogy Project
(c) Jefferson County Genealogy Project