The cemetery is also known as the Baptist Cemetery.
Transcription (completed 5 May 2008)
The property for the cemetery was deeded to the Trustees of the First Baptist Church of Reynoldsville by Charles Prescott. The original deed was never filed and the current deed was recorded in 1983. According to the deed the cemetery is 3.5 acres in size. There are a number of unmarked graves. The lower section of the cemetery (left side of road) is poorly maintained. There is a number of Civil War Veterans buried. here.
According to the McKnight History of Jefferson county the Baptist Cemetery began in 1883.
The earliest marked burial is that of William Prescott who died 1 March 1880.
From Reynoldsville go east on Main Street (Rt 322) and turn left on Beech Street. Turn left on Grant Street at the Beulah Land marker rock (rock pictured to the right). There is no sign for the cemetery but you will see stones on the bank on the right side - on the left is one monument and then further up the road is stones on the left and on the level area to the right.
Return to the Cemetery Page
Return to the Jefferson County Genealogy Project
(c) Jefferson County Genealogy Project