The cemetery no longer exists.
From the History of Reynoldsville and the History of Jefferson County by Kate Scott we learn the following:
The oldest cemetery in Winslow township was in Cold Spring Hollow just out of the borough and about 300 yards above the turnpike. The place has long since been plowed over and all traces of the exact location lost. About five bodies were interred in it. The first was about 1837. Known burials include:
- Mrs. Joshua Rea
- Two children of Joshua Rea
Others believed to have been buried in the cemetery include:
- Samuel Yeoman
- David Rea
The map to the right only shows the approximate location of where the cemetery may have been located. The historical record indicates that it was behind the school that sat at the intersection of what is now Beech St and Rt 322.
Return to the Cemetery Page
Return to the Jefferson County Genealogy Project
(c) Jefferson County Genealogy Project