Transcription (Completed 25 September 1999)
The original Barton Chapel Church was built in 1854. The oldest marked burial in the cemetery is for Polly Black who died in 1860.
Located on Burkett Hollow Road. Take Rt 36 North from Punxsutawney about 7 miles, turn right onto Burkett Hollow Road for about .5 miles. The church and cemetery is on the left.
Return to the Cemetery Page
Return to the Jefferson County Genealogy Project
(c) Jefferson County Genealogy Project