The cemetery was also known as the Union Cemetery and the Carey Cemetery.
The cemetery's origins begins with two family graveyards, the Carey's and the Graffius' families. The property was deeded to the Trustees of the Union Cemetery and then deeded in 1898 to the newly incorporated Ridgemont Cemetery.
Deed - John Carey to the Union Cemetery.
Deed - Union Cemetery to Ridgemont Cemetery
From Punxsutawney take 119 North to Bells Mills and turn left onto Airport Road. Just past the airport turn left onto Clawson St Ext. The cemetery road is on the right.
Return to the Cemetery Page
Return to the Jefferson County Genealogy Project
(c) Jefferson County Genealogy Project